W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secret high flow Long Tube header project.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Secret high flow Long Tube header project.

Finally after a year of trying to find a set of LT`s for my car,they show up. It seems my frame may be a little different but not sure that matters with these headers.. I agreed to fit test and power test them first, before going live but what the hell.. I paid for them and this is the start of the project..

Jerry with Eurocharged stepped up and had these huge long tubes made. From all my looking, these are the largest potential flow available.. The coating is great and they look trick.

Check these pictures out! My Collector alone is hung better than a Tyrannosaurus rex! Larger than the whole stock manifold.. This is one sick set up!

Excuse the bolts on the collectors, they are just place holders..

Will report back with fit ,,power gains. Of course after Jerry`s re-tune..

Mock up set up on a stand.

T Rex merge collector.

Shot of tubes and note the SS flex connectors to reduce vibration and stress.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 03-25-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
My Collector alone is hung better than a Tyrannosaurus rex! Larger than the whole stock manifold..
Why you gotta be making fun of people with stock manifolds
looking good as always
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///AMG
Nice
Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
nice, can't wait to see the gains. wonder how much tq you'll be giving up for hp???
Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 cl55 amg Renntech air box w/ K&N's LET 180 pulley & Tune, HE & Pump, 3'' Exhaust res/cat delete
you always are the first!! those headers look sick! how much do you think those bad boys will run when they start selling those?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
word. pricing and hp gain would be nice to know
Old 03-26-2010, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Great to hear Brooke! I'm glad you finally got your headers...it's been a long time waiting. In the end I'm sure the wait will be worth the gains.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 AM

Chevy Camaro
Let me know when you want me to install them for you and finish your exhaust.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Hmmm????? I would love to see numbers with those on a stock E55 just as MBH did a few months ago and then compare HP/TQ vs $$$
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Damn that's massive!!

Are these the first long tubes Eurocharged has made?

Looking forward to see your gains.

Finally after a year of trying to find a set of LT`s for my car,they show up.

T Rex merge collector.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
I would love to see the numbers compared to MBH, I want the MBH headers but am waiting on cash to arrive.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
wow those are really really nice LTs. i spy large primaries

was it the first place that finally came thru with these for ya? if so they look like they are worth the wait...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 AM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Havoc
Damn that's massive!!

Negative. They have had a LT design for the E55 for a while, and also have LTs for the C32.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
I can't wait to hear the power numbers! Those babies got some girth to 'em.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
nice, can't wait to see the gains. wonder how much tq you'll be giving up for hp???
I am still confident of seeing some peak TQ gain but a ton of HP from 4K up! Being that this is an S/C engine and knowing how power adder motors love the extra flow, I feel good about what is about to happen.. These are just large long tubes as compared to what products we have to choose from but still not the TQ robing sizes you may see on American 500 hp plus engines..

Here is another shot of the collector VS the stock collector..

prodigymb wow those are really really nice LTs. i spy large primaries

was it the first place that finally came thru with these for ya? if so they look like they are worth the wait...
Finding the right headers has been a ride! To keep it short, it seems most vendors made headers for the E55 class and most did not care about the other 55 models or if they fit. Sounds bad,, but that is how I felt while asking around. Some said they "may" fit, 12 week lead times, payment up front and many would not tell me what size mid pipe I would need either.. Others were only 2.5" and no way I would reduce my stock exh. from 2.75 to 2.5" , while putting LT`s on.. We all need to really understand that these are very powerfull engines and the right headers are crucial to gain the best performance. Many members make 500 plus RWHP and that requires the right choice in exh.

Finally after going through all the vendors,, I decided I would have a custom chassis shop make custom LT`s for my car and to the specs I wanted.. Chassis shops are stock eliminator class car fabricators.. Headers are easy for them, but after picking a reputable shop,, the guy took my deposit and used it up but not on my headers.. That war continues..

After almost giving up,,my knowledge of fabrication helped me come up with and idea,,, so I called a person I trust.. Jerry@eurocharged.. I knew my deposit would also be safe.. His will to help people , also made this easy to pull off. He knew all along of my quest to find headers for my car and attempted several times to help out but our schedules were not aligned ..

I used stock E55 exh.& CL exh mock ups , then sent notes / sizes to Jerry and he to his header builder. Gregg at EC also was very much involved in getting the final flow sizes to spec and even sent the collector`s back once for some adjusting.. He also sent me pictures and miced parts on the phone with me to make sure I was happy. After all this time,, it was just nice to have a vendor want to help me , even though I have AMG model car that may not buy many LT`s..

I do not know pricing or EC `s plans.. I agreed to instal/ test them and get back with them first but that is no fun.. I do know these will bolt right up to any E55 class car right now as they are.. This is the only set made right now and EC is waiting on me to get back to them.. Pretty sure on my car too but won`t know until I get the drivers side off. It is only 10 bolts to remove stock exh, so no big deal ..

My goal was to make the Texas mile but could not pull it off.. Shooting for October now..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Finally after a year of trying to find a set of LT`s for my car,they show up. It seems my frame may be a little different but not sure that matters with these headers.. I agreed to fit test and power test them first, before going live but what the hell.. I paid for them and this is the start of the project..
Damn Brooke you let the cat out of the bag lol

Originally Posted by AWOL
word. pricing and hp gain would be nice to know
We should have pricing soon for the CL55

These are available for the E55 for 2199.99

They are 1.75" piping
With a 3" collector

Originally Posted by Havoc
Damn that's massive!!

No we have LT header for the E55 and will now be offering these as well ..

With these Brooke wanted to go with a bigger diamiter piping so we had our current headers rejigged to fit bigger piping and they turned out great

We were gonna wait till it was all said and done but everyone knows how it is when you have a shiny new toy you just want to show it off

Greg
Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Eurocharged
Damn Brooke you let the cat out of the bag lol

We should have pricing soon for the CL55

These are available for the E55 for 2199.99

They are 1.75" piping
With a 3" collector

No we have LT header for the E55 and will now be offering these as well ..

With these Brooke wanted to go with a bigger diamiter piping so we had our current headers rejigged to fit bigger piping and they turned out great

We were gonna wait till it was all said and done but everyone knows how it is when you have a shiny new toy you just want to show it off

Greg
Will EC offer the same guarantee as MBH?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 PM

Chevy Camaro
Leave the car with me and take my Tahoe or Maxima home and I will get it fitted up and on the dyno for some numbers. Will have time this week to do it for ya.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:19 AM

SL55 AMG
Looking good Brooke

I'm glad someone stepped up for you and made the LT's.

Oh and about that collector on your LT's..............
Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Two primaries on and six more to go! I started on the hard side first (drivers side) and it tested all the tools I have.. My ABC pump was in the way of the first cylinder bottom bolt.. Hands were just to big and none o fmy 1/8th drive swivel, extensions or whatever would reach it with my hands. Lucky for me,,, my wife came to the rescue.. She was able to thread a small 1/8th swivel drive between the hoses and frame and most of all bust the last bolt loose!

I actually laid out the white carpet for this job..lol I found a new peice of 20x20 white carpet and put it under the car before driving up on the ramps.. I figured I may be on my back for a while and might as well be clean and comfortable Plus, it makes finding dropped bolts and wrenches easy to locate..

Will report back back after another round of wrenching tonight..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Do to some realestate projects and relative visits, I had to hold off about 5 weeks on this project..

These headers are made for the E55 class frame and my goal has been to make them fit on the CL55 clas frame.. Everything is close but one K memeber bracket on drivers side and pasenger side is hitting the number 2 tube on each side.. I have around 24 hours in putting on and taking off tubes to make this work and then the hard part of putting stock manifolds back on after each try.. Of course I ported my stock manifolds when I took them off and that helped power more than expected.. Just a quick fix though, until the bazookas can be mounted..

I have re-mounted the tubes back on my extra motor , sp that I can now cut and raise up the bottom lower tube on each side.. Does not need much and looks like I have a solid 1/2" to come up and make work.. the passenger side is the main concern, as that is the side the engine twist down on.. I have extra J bends and will start surgery any day now.. Then re-install headers, mate up my Race mid pipe, Re-tune and Dyno..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Hey Brooke.... good to hear you finally got your headers, I know you've been chasing them for a while. Looks like all of your hard work finally paid off

And yes, those collectors are HUGE I'm anxious to see read your review after they are on the car