My audio setup (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
My audio setup (pics)

Thanks to Skip and Paul at Street Noyz here in San Diego....

Old 05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Nices!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
What brand of amps and subs are you running... Can't tell from them fuzzy cellphone pictures...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nascar
shoot, looks nice

how much was everything?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 06E55
What brand of amps and subs are you running... Can't tell from them fuzzy cellphone pictures...

Image Dynamics - Q700.2 (3 of them) and one Arc Audio for the rears and the center channel

Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
shoot, looks nice

how much was everything?

For that...a lot. For the entire system, including the headunit, the Focal Fronts and the 6" Mid bass image dynamic....a lot a lot
Old 05-03-2010, 03:56 AM

nascar
lol how much is a lot? be more descriptive plz
Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Yeah. How much.

And which Focals (polyglass?) And which HU?

Does the enclosure fill the whole spare tire well?

Which model is the Arc? I'm thinking of the 6 KS mini (for under the seat in my Porsche) or the small new 6 JL Audio. Acoustics are tough to get right in that small car plus there's no room for several amps (enclosure will take up the bottom of the rear jump seats.)

It would be nice to know costs with install since a lot of shops tend to be all over the place with prices.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im not really into broadcasting what I pay, since with my local shop (like Im sure other people have with theirs that they frequent often) I get really good deals, part of which is incumbent on me keeping those deals to myself. I will say that my entire system (including the Passport 9500ci) costs less than $15k. I post these pics in part because Im proud of my stuff, but also because I like to pub up Street Noyz in San Diego, because those dudes are as legit as they come and on those rare occasions where there has been an issue, they handle it (no questions asked) and they stand behind their installation 100% as well. I just like to see local "mom and pop" shops like this one, which have been around for over 20 years thrive over the big box chains.

Originally Posted by 220S
Yeah. How much.

And which Focals (polyglass?) And which HU?

Does the enclosure fill the whole spare tire well?

Which model is the Arc? I'm thinking of the 6 KS mini (for under the seat in my Porsche) or the small new 6 JL Audio. Acoustics are tough to get right in that small car plus there's no room for several amps (enclosure will take up the bottom of the rear jump seats.)

It would be nice to know costs with install since a lot of shops tend to be all over the place with prices.
Focal - Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3

Headunit - Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Enclosure takes up the whole spare tire well...

Arc Audio KS900.6

I understand your concern for price, but i guarantee if you call Skip or Paul (619-260-1747 ext. 4) they will quote you a fair price for labor, and obviously you can shop them around.

Last edited by Pertplus; 05-03-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63
that looks awesome. I'll bet it sounds great too!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Looks awesome man! Very stealth! I bet the trunk still looks stock when it's all covered up!

How come you didn't remove the factory sub? Since the rear seat backs are metal you should remove that thing and port it through a little And how bad are the rattles?

How are the KRX's?? I'm so in love with them but can't really justify junking a perfect set of K2P's.

Do you have any pics of your HU? I just want to see how it's trimmed out.

Anyways, well done man! I like it
Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tgoss
Looks awesome man! Very stealth! I bet the trunk still looks stock when it's all covered up!

How come you didn't remove the factory sub? Since the rear seat backs are metal you should remove that thing and port it through a little And how bad are the rattles?

How are the KRX's?? I'm so in love with them but can't really justify junking a perfect set of K2P's.

Do you have any pics of your HU? I just want to see how it's trimmed out.

Anyways, well done man! I like it

Thanks! I love the way everything sounds, and the KRXs are the shiiiiiiiiit. As far as my sub set up (which is super stealth since we have multiple layers of covering so if you opened up my trunk, all you would see are my amps), I left it up to my guys to determine how best to do it. It sounds fantastic, and except for the rattle of my rear license plate frame (which will be fixed once I swap out my plates for my new ones and we put some padding on the frames), no rattling at all.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
"costs less than $15k."

I am so glad I am not into aftermarket audio systems... Stock sounds good enough for me!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Takes the bus.
You should switch to Crescendo 1000c4 amplifiers and ccx65 components.
I'm biased though. But the word on the street declares it's the logical choice.
haha
Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
HU looks great man! Well done. I'm very jealous of the KRX's. Glad to hear you like them

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
I am so glad I am not into aftermarket audio systems... Stock sounds good enough for me!
Well with those mufflers I wouldn't listen to music
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Crescendo
You should switch to Crescendo 1000c4 amplifiers and ccx65 components.
I'm biased though. But the word on the street declares it's the logical choice.
haha
Im good with the way it is....

Originally Posted by tgoss
HU looks great man! Well done. I'm very jealous of the KRX's. Glad to hear you like them

Yeah, I love my setup. The KRXs are sooooo crisp. Even with music recording in the early 90s and before, its sounds great. If you're ever in SD, come take a listen!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Pertplus

Focal - Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3

Headunit - Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Enclosure takes up the whole spare tire well...

Arc Audio KS900.6

I understand your concern for price, but i guarantee if you call Skip or Paul (619-260-1747 ext. 4) they will quote you a fair price for labor, and obviously you can shop them around.
Thanks for the info. I'm going with the same Arc amp (small and 5-6 channel) and with a Pioneer HU, too. But I need a single DIN so I'll be doing the DEX-P99RS. I'm doing the Focal 130VRS Polyglass (very limited space for the crossover and tweeters, etc..)

Problem with the P-car is that acoustics are not easy to get right in that space. Price isn't so much the issue, for me it's quality of install. I'll check with your guys and feel out if they're comfortable doing my car. Although it looks like they did a clean job on your W211
Old 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM

Takes the bus.
Im good with the way it is....
I never said you weren't, just sounded right to mention crescendo audio now that I see somebody talking about audio on mbworld Lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Crescendo
I never said you weren't, just sounded right to mention crescendo audio now that I see somebody talking about audio on mbworld Lol.
I feel you...no offense taken. Im just so OCD that Im done saying "what else can we do to my car...." I found myself looking at steering wheels this weekend (even though I have a CLS63 designo one already). I need to quit with the modding. I appreciate the input though.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM

2006 CLS55, 2005 Boxster-S
Sub-woofer Install

I feel you...no offense taken. Im just so OCD that Im done saying "what else can we do to my car...." I found myself looking at steering wheels this weekend (even though I have a CLS63 designo one already). I need to quit with the modding. I appreciate the input though.
Hey Pertplus,

I like your system. I'm about to upgrade my audio system as well in my CLS. I hear that subs in the trunk without porting to the cabin can cause rattling on the rear deck at least for the CLS. I read that you didn't have any rattling and was wondering if your ride had one of those rear sun screens? Did your installers also insulate the rear deck? I'm gonna call your guys to price out my install and will make the drive down from OC if the price is right. Thanks for the feedback.

TZ
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tzenri
Hey Pertplus,

I like your system. I'm about to upgrade my audio system as well in my CLS. I hear that subs in the trunk without porting to the cabin can cause rattling on the rear deck at least for the CLS. I read that you didn't have any rattling and was wondering if your ride had one of those rear sun screens? Did your installers also insulate the rear deck? I'm gonna call your guys to price out my install and will make the drive down from OC if the price is right. Thanks for the feedback.

TZ
tz,

Thanks for the compliments. I dont have any rear sun screen in my car, and I think my installers may have dampened or insulated the rear panel when I first had a 10" in there a while ago. I know they did some insulation around the sub box in the spare wheel well, but Skip and/or Paul would know best what exactly they did. I have virtually no rattling, although sometimes you can hear a tad (but on a scale of 1 to 100, I would say its a 5). Again, the only thing that rattled was my rear license plate frame but that doesnt anymore. Also, sometimes, when my stereo is off and if I hit some bumps, there seems to be some noise coming from the front air conditioning area, but Im not sure if thats my headunit wiring, etc. or my air conditioning. It doesnt bother me enough to get it diagnosed. Tell Skip or Paul that Matt A. sent you! Although, they will treat you right regardless. They are definitely worth the drive.