Sponsored by:

Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
So you didn't test fit the wheels before going to the track and then decided to get an alignment instead of going to the track because it was off by about half a degree? I must be crazy then because I would have gone to the track and ran. But people that know me know I'm crazy anyway Who told you a 170 crank pulley and 65mm sc pulley would make 18-20PSI on your setup? I will tell you now that you wont see the boost you are expecting. Again, good luck but I dont expect seeing good times any time soon
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
So you didn't test fit the wheels before going to the track and then decided to get an alignment instead of going to the track because it was off by about half a degree? I must be crazy then because I would have gone to the track and ran.
+1
Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
So you didn't test fit the wheels before going to the track and then decided to get an alignment instead of going to the track because it was off by about half a degree? I must be crazy then because I would have gone to the track and ran. But people that know me know I'm crazy anyway
HAHAHA!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
who needs rear brakes?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys lets not be too hard on him.... he's been through too much with his car. At least this time he actually attempted to go. I just wish he had thought of doing the alignment a day or two before the event.

Robert, if you're interested, there is a Famoso TNT this Friday night. They will run from 7 at night to midnight. Gates open at 6:00 pm I believe.

Famoso is a good track with decent traction, and it should only be 1.5 hours away from you
Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Sat morning I went to discount tire to get my drag wheels/tires mounted and to my dissapointment, the wheels won't clear my Brembos.

Instead I had them check the alignment and found out it was completely off. Vadim never did the alignment after installing the camber, caster and toe arms! The fronts were -.45 and +.68 while the rears were both toed outwards causing my Conti's inner tread to completely wear out after only a few thousand miles.

So instead of going to the track, I ended up getting an alignment for smokin deal of only $89. The car now steers completely straight even if I let my hands off the wheel for for 30 seconds while cruising at 40mph.

It was way too hot anyway! I'm bringing my car to Renntech/DynoComp for the tune with both modified pullies this month and should at Sac for the Wed night drags at least twice in June or July. It's cooler at night and Sac has better DA and trap speeds.
Robert, when all is finished and done let me know and I'll meet up with ya at Sacto. It will be fun comparing the 2 cars at the same track.

Fontana is really too hot during this time of the year and probably not the ideal place to test out your car anyways. Get your car situated and make time to make it to Sacto and we'll have some fun.

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-09-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
How much do you guys wanna bet $ that he didn't even get the MT's mounted

These are in mint condition also. I'll let them go for $250 delivered just to speed up the sale.
Robert, you were supposed to be running 10.50's by 4th quarter of 2009 Then high 9.xx's Jan/Feb of this year?? WTF

& who the phuc told/taught you this is how you chk for proper alignment I'm thinking you're an autodidact

Sat morning I went to discount tire to get my drag wheels/tires mounted and to my dissapointment, the wheels won't clear my Brembos.

Instead I had them check the alignment and found out it was completely off. Vadim never did the alignment after installing the camber, caster and toe arms! The fronts were -.45 and +.68 while the rears were both toed outwards causing my Conti's inner tread to completely wear out after only a few thousand miles.

So instead of going to the track, I ended up getting an alignment for smokin deal of only $89. The car now steers completely straight even if I let my hands off the wheel for for 30 seconds while cruising at 40mph.

It was way too hot anyway! I'm bringing my car to Renntech/DynoComp for the tune with both modified pullies this month and should at Sac for the Wed night drags at least twice in June or July. It's cooler at night and Sac has better DA and trap speeds.
You didn't mention buying new Conti's for up front/rear? Only getting smoking deal for alignment @ Discount Tires?

The alignment alone w/out NEW tires wouldn't fix your problem as described, w/proper angles set your old worn tires wouldn't make full contact w/ANY road surface...

The tires should all be in good shape with even wear patterns. If you have a tire with excessive camber wear, for instance, and you correct the alignment problem that caused that wear, the tire will now be making only partial contact with the road.

Last edited by Thericker; 06-09-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
It"s Fontana Time man. Let me know when u r going again. it's all about the sport not the times.. I'm in at Fontana next run. Let us know . it's race time not track time.. side by side
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
It"s Fontana Time man. Let me know when u r going again. it's all about the sport not the times.. I'm in at Fontana next run. Let us know . it's race time not track time.. side by side
Man, I hate running in that kind of heat but if I'm in town and you commit to going I don't see how I could resist. We both have some new mods since we last met and I've gained a little more experience on the tree, I'll need it against your lightning quick RT's. I look forward to playing with ya again Rick as it will be a blast like always.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Guys lets not be too hard on him.... he's been through too much with his car. At least this time he actually attempted to go. I just wish he had thought of doing the alignment a day or two before the event.

Robert, if you're interested, there is a Famoso TNT this Friday night. They will run from 7 at night to midnight. Gates open at 6:00 pm I believe.

Famoso is a good track with decent traction, and it should only be 1.5 hours away from you
I would love to make it but I'm attending daughter's graduation tomorrow. I could still prolly make it but how can I get a set of wheels to mount my tires on in time?

Finally, with only 6psi, I doubt my times are going to be that impressive. With a 170crank and 65mm sc pulley, I manage to get to 12-14psi max. So I'm having a 185mm+ a 60mm sc pulley with (extreme wrap tensioner) to get closer to 18-20psi.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Man, I hate running in that kind of heat but if I'm in town and you commit to going I don't see how I could resist. We both have some new mods since we last met and I've gained a little more experience on the tree, I'll need it against your lightning quick RT's. I look forward to playing with ya again Rick as it will be a blast like always.
I will definitely be ready with max boost on July 14th. I don't care how hot it gets since it's going to be the same for all of us that line up.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
It can't be any hotter than the last time Ya man It;s like a new car for me I have to learn the car again. New tune, New Long tubes, new air box and just installed the Kleeman TB's yesterday all that along with the new Dry shot nitrous man It's never been down the 1/4 yet. I'll be learning from scratch but I think this will be a good setup for me once I get it down. Ya we'll have a blast That last Fontana day was deadly hot but fun..
Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 AM

335i
It can't be any hotter than the last time Ya man It;s like a new car for me I have to learn the car again. New tune, New Long tubes, new air box and just installed the Kleeman TB's yesterday all that along with the new Dry shot nitrous man It's never been down the 1/4 yet. I'll be learning from scratch but I think this will be a good setup for me once I get it down. Ya we'll have a blast That last Fontana day was deadly hot but fun..
Did you ditch the wetshot system for a dryshot system? I am running a dryshot because it seems to work nicely with the BMW Direct Injection system. But on your engine, I would think the wetshot would give you the most HP??
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Did you ditch the wetshot system for a dryshot system? I am running a dryshot because it seems to work nicely with the BMW Direct Injection system. But on your engine, I would think the wetshot would give you the most HP??
The dry shot is a much cleaner setup. Once I saw the how high the fuel presser gets on these 63's I figured if the ECU can adjust fast enough it might be worth a try. Well to my surprize the ECU reacts so fast it's amazing. The A/F dials in perfectly, so much easier that a wet shot. I run a two nozzles one one each side of the air box. I also use a conroller so I ramp it up 25% 45% 75% the 100% the whole trick and my secret is the placement od the jets the rpm and shift point in regards to the spray time and percentage. Now I think this is probabley a new way of doing this on this motor but after many many dynos runs just for a/f's we have found a winner here. With or with out the Nitrous the ecu A/Fs are the same, the dyno charts are excactly the same as for the lines just a lot higher. it was quite amazing to see and quite the suprize.. Now It's test time at the track. Not sure how the nitrous will react to the new TB's but if the ecu sences more air and feeds in more fuel the I will up the jet size by .002

Last edited by rarfinancial; 06-11-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 AM

335i
The dry shot is a much cleaner setup. Once I saw the how high the fuel presser gets on these 63's I figured if the ECU can adjust fast enough it might be worth a try. Well to my surprize the ECU reacts so fast it's amazing. The A/F dials in perfectly, so much easier that a wet shot. I run a two nozzles one one each side of the air box. I also use a conroller so I ramp it up 25% 45% 75% the 100% the whole trick and my secret is the placement od the jets the rpm and shift point in regards to the spray time and percentage. Now I think this is probabley a new way of doing this on this moter but after many many dynos runs just for a/f's we have found a winner her. With or with out the Nitrous the ecu A/Fs are the same, the dyno charts are excactly the same as for the lines just alot higher. it was quite amazing to see and quite the suprize.. Now It's test time at the track. Not sure how the nitrous will react to the new TB's but if the ecu sences more air and feeds in more fuel the I will up the jet size by .002
Very cool. I never had any controller other than a push button. My assumption is you can ramp it up in order to have it controllable in 1st/2nd gears? (I can't really use mine till 3rd gear because of traction problems). Or do you ramp it up gradually to protect the transmission also? My trans definitely doesn't seem to like the torque if I keep the nitrous on during the shifts.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Very cool. I never had any controller other than a push button. My assumption is you can ramp it up in order to have it controllable in 1st/2nd gears? (I can't really use mine till 3rd gear because of traction problems). Or do you ramp it up gradually to protect the transmission also? My trans definitely doesn't seem to like the torque if I keep the nitrous on during the shifts.
Are you trying to say you didn't/don't spray except once in higher 3rd gear? lol... I 1st hand watched you break loose all over the road while trying to run Drew/myself 110% in 2nd gear thn again in 3rd... (On Drag radials, no way that would happen w/out nitrous in that low tq 335)

You almost crashed the 1st time @ 40-45 mph vs Drew, def 1-2 nd gear, it's kool you have a fast Nitrous setup but no way in hell are you ONLY spraying once @ 3rd gear try 2-3 times minimum...

Last edited by Thericker; 06-11-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Old 06-12-2010, 12:52 AM

335i
Originally Posted by Thericker
Are you trying to say you didn't/don't spray except once in higher 3rd gear? lol... I 1st hand watched you break loose all over the road while trying to run Drew/myself 110% in 2nd gear thn again in 3rd... (On Drag radials, no way that would happen w/out nitrous in that low tq 335)

You almost crashed the 1st time @ 40-45 mph vs Drew, def 1-2 nd gear, it's kool you have a fast Nitrous setup but no way in hell are you ONLY spraying once @ 3rd gear try 2-3 times minimum...
I don't bother spraying in 1st-2nd gears. When I was lining up with Drew, definitely 3rd gear around 60mph. Traction is hit or miss. You can see from my 60-130 video where the rpms are right at 60mph in 3rd gear, and the car still accelerates pretty strong. 3.3 seconds from 60-100mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfE...eature=related

Now if I had a progressive system, I believe I could have it come on in lower gears with a lower controlled amount of nitrous. So many variables to play with, LOL.

I will tell you even without nitrous, I was racing a new 5.0 the other weekend, got totally sideways in the sedan when the tires started spinning going across the intersection. Headed straight for the curb and barely pulled out of it. Forgot I had the DSC turned off!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The dry shot is a much cleaner setup. Once I saw the how high the fuel presser gets on these 63's I figured if the ECU can adjust fast enough it might be worth a try. Well to my surprize the ECU reacts so fast it's amazing. The A/F dials in perfectly, so much easier that a wet shot. I run a two nozzles one one each side of the air box. I also use a conroller so I ramp it up 25% 45% 75% the 100% the whole trick and my secret is the placement od the jets the rpm and shift point in regards to the spray time and percentage. Now I think this is probabley a new way of doing this on this motor but after many many dynos runs just for a/f's we have found a winner here. With or with out the Nitrous the ecu A/Fs are the same, the dyno charts are excactly the same as for the lines just a lot higher. it was quite amazing to see and quite the suprize.. Now It's test time at the track. Not sure how the nitrous will react to the new TB's but if the ecu sences more air and feeds in more fuel the I will up the jet size by .002
Be careful, you don't want to run too big of a dry shot. Oh yea and once your MAF goes bad say bye bye to your motor.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Be careful, you don't want to run too big of a dry shot. Oh yea and once your MAF goes bad say bye bye to your motor.
Ouch!!!

Be careful Rick, remember last time we were out you didn't know if you were spraying or not??? If what Ahmad says is true you should be very careful.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Ouch!!!

Be careful Rick, remember last time we were out you didn't know if you were spraying or not??? If what Ahmad says is true you should be very careful.
It is true. Dry shot relies on the MAF to add fuel for the nitrous. When the MAF goes bad your motor will get nitrous but no extra fuel. Thats why you see most setups are "wet" setups so you add fuel and nitrous. This also allows you to go to bigger shots safely. You also have to worry about maxing out your injectors with a dry shot since you are adding fuel through your injectors in a dry shot. If you dont have enough head room you will go lean and melt stuff. This is why I recommend people do their research before throwing money at cars. We are talking about high dollar engines/parts. Don't take my word for it, just do some research
Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I don't bother spraying in 1st-2nd gears. When I was lining up with Drew, definitely 3rd gear around 60mph. Traction is hit or miss. You can see from my 60-130 video where the rpms are right at 60mph in 3rd gear, and the car still accelerates pretty strong. 3.3 seconds from 60-100mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfE...eature=related

Now if I had a progressive system, I believe I could have it come on in lower gears with a lower controlled amount of nitrous. So many variables to play with, LOL.

I will tell you even without nitrous, I was racing a new 5.0 the other weekend, got totally sideways in the sedan when the tires started spinning going across the intersection. Headed straight for the curb and barely pulled out of it. Forgot I had the DSC turned off!
Any plans on coming up to Sac soon? I keep on telling ya let me know when you head up so we could line them up. It would be blast to see how much you gain on me on the 2nd half. Maybe you could even show me how to get Mo's Vbox setup correctly because the 2 times I used it my runs weren't saved.... I have no manual but I'm sure I could get one fairly easy if wanted. Either way the track numbers speak much bigger volumes on overall performance over anything else. It takes all the variables out of the equation if ran on the same day same track. It seems that most runs done with the 60-130 runs have a +/- 3% grade and that could be huge in the overall time.

Like I said Warren lets get out to the track and finally line up. It would be blast to see how the fastest 335 vs the fastest E55 in Cali ends up. I just love running fast cars and it always makes it interesting.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
It is true. Dry shot relies on the MAF to add fuel for the nitrous. When the MAF goes bad your motor will get nitrous but no extra fuel. Thats why you see most setups are "wet" setups so you add fuel and nitrous. This also allows you to go to bigger shots safely. You also have to worry about maxing out your injectors with a dry shot since you are adding fuel through your injectors in a dry shot. If you dont have enough head room you will go lean and melt stuff. This is why I recommend people do their research before throwing money at cars. We are talking about high dollar engines/parts. Don't take my word for it, just do some research
Trust me brotha I don't need to do any research if it's coming from your mouth. There's a reason why I've contacted you several times while building my car, you know your *****!

LOL...maybe next year I'll add a wet shot in just for *****s and giggles.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Trust me brotha I don't need to do any research if it's coming from your mouth. There's a reason why I've contacted you several times while building my car, you know your *****!

LOL...maybe next year I'll add a wet shot in just for *****s and giggles.
Your car with nitrous = Btw, the best setup would be direct port but as long as you don't go too big of a shot a wet setup should be fine
Old 06-12-2010, 08:14 AM

335i
I know the 335i BMWs seem to work very well with the dryshot, but they definitely don't have a MAF set up. Mixture is controlled very quickly by the O2 sensor readings, and if there is a fault (knock/mixture) it will go into limp mode pretty quickly, cutting boost, timing, etc.

Any plans on coming up to Sac soon? I keep on telling ya let me know when you head up so we could line them up. It would be blast to see how much you gain on me on the 2nd half. Maybe you could even show me how to get Mo's Vbox setup correctly because the 2 times I used it my runs weren't saved.... I have no manual but I'm sure I could get one fairly easy if wanted. Either way the track numbers speak much bigger volumes on overall performance over anything else. It takes all the variables out of the equation if ran on the same day same track. It seems that most runs done with the 60-130 runs have a +/- 3% grade and that could be huge in the overall time.

Like I said Warren lets get out to the track and finally line up. It would be blast to see how the fastest 335 vs the fastest E55 in Cali ends up. I just love running fast cars and it always makes it interesting.
Hey Alan, I am working on a step by step buildup on the sedan right now. It is running 12.3 @ 118mph right now with just tune, aircleaners and high octane. With a 2.1 60' time. I got the NT05r tires the other week, and want to run some tests on them soon. I was going to get the last 2010 335i the local dealer had to replace the coupe, and they sold it even though they know I wanted it! I don't want the 2011 because of the fact that it uses a MAF system, valvetronic, and a single turbo now! Bummer. If Terry can figure out a way to make the 2011 fast, then I will pick one up this year.

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-12-2010 at 08:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!