Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I hear ya on the distance..... All I ask is for you to let me know the next time you come up so we could line em up. I'll also do the same when I come down there but I have zero intentions on street racing, I have too much to risk. I have a young family and with any unfortunate turn of events the outcome could be devastating to multiple parties, rewards aren't worth the risk.

Any time and track and I'm down 100%, I promise. Anyone who knows me knows this to be true and I love the competition.....
Very true...But to Warrens credit he sniffed out a great testing ground...If No you know where I'll be @ Alan
Old 06-13-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Very true...But to Warrens credit he sniffed out a great testing ground...If No you know where I'll be @ Alan

Every place is a great place until something happens or the popo gets hold of it. We had the ideal spot until the police decided to come in at full force surrounding all exits. Luckily for us we were just gathering together and only a few races were done. If they would have just waited a little longer people would have been going to jail, not doubt. The only thing they really had us on was parking in a private parking lot. Only one bs citation was handed out and if I'm not mistaken that ticket was fought in court and the member won...!

Like I said, it's all good until something bad happens. Either way there are multiple variable out on the street that could catch up to us any time. Not to say anything bad can't happen at the track but at least it's legal. Just my $.02 on street racing. Not to say I don't do it but just don't go out of my way to participate in organized street event, that's all.

I know where you'll be...!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Okay now were getting somewhere, you're NOW at least admitting you spray TWICE, vs ONCE above in ALL your other posts on matter, though I know it's more times & bigger than a .28 shot....

Mario never lied about runs period... His 335i was fully modded DP's J3 on highest race gas map w/105+ oct, bigger IC, airbox, exhaust etc.. He said he met you before my initial PC tune last yr to run, said he easily pulled you in every race by 2-3 lengths from dig, roll whatever... You even had Meth over him...

I watched his modded 335i put dwn 420+ rwhp @ Bottle blown racing's very low reading Superflow dyno personally, it was faster than your 335i that had FAR less mods UNTIL you finally added Nitrous..

Mario & I differed on other things but basically a good guy that didn't need to lie about runs made in his various autos over the years...I raced w/him on streets for 3-4 yrs starting w/my *****y slow SC'd S430 then highly modded C6 Corvette, thn the SL600 as mods progressed w/each vehicle, was a great test bed of info..

I already noted above proper brand new Drag setup aquired/installed, I have no desire for Vbox #'s bolt your Nitrous back up, my SL will be ready by Sat
Thats really interesting, because I don't even recall any significant race between Mario and I. Its almost like you are talking about him racing some other car. I have never even seen Mario's car trap 120mph, which mine does regularly. Heck, I am doing 118mph on just tune, air cleaners, and high octane. Maybe we were running side by side without even doing a proper race? Which is strange, because I don't ever remember him challenging me to a race, or him challenging me. Like I said , I went out there with both him and James, to assist them. Are you sure he was talking about my car? Or was my car stock at the time???? I mean just do a research on our time slips, even when my car was very mildly modified.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Thats really interesting, because I don't even recall any significant race between Mario and I. Its almost like you are talking about him racing some other car. I have never even seen Mario's car trap 120mph, which mine does regularly. Heck, I am doing 118mph on just tune, air cleaners, and high octane. Maybe we were running side by side without even doing a proper race? Which is strange, because I don't ever remember him challenging me to a race, or him challenging me. Like I said , I went out there with both him and James, to assist them. Are you sure he was talking about my car? Or was my car stock at the time???? I mean just do a research on our time slips, even when my car was very mildly modified.
Just like your failing to remember to mention spraying TWICE vs ONCE, Mario noted meeting you a couple times, he ONLY RAN his 335i @ AZ speedway 1500 ft above sea level in 3200+ DA @ 80 deg, never ran @ Sacramento like you do... He also had failing O2 sensors during those runs think he only managed 108-109 mph @ AZ raceway...(this was w/ONLY J2 software NO add boltons)

Though he ran & beat, seen by my own eyes a stg 2 E55k from this board on multi frwy runs w/20" whls on his 335i...

(You know what's funny? you act/believe any/every 335i ONLY you touch is capable of the times you constantly quote, Mostly Vbox... Mario had/has every bolt-on made + special beta race maps that weren't released to everyone else for some time early last yr, he's good friends w/Terry Burger) Why do you think ONLY your simple less modded 335's run such special times? (Yes Mario had lightweight drag setup believe he pulled a 1.8 60' too w/failing O2's & ONLY J2 software @ that time)

Last edited by Thericker; 06-13-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 PM

335i
Just like your failing to remember to mention spraying TWICE vs ONCE, Mario noted meeting you a couple times, he ONLY RAN his 335i @ AZ speedway 1500 ft above sea level in 3200+ DA @ 80 deg, never ran @ Sacramento like you do... He also had failing O2 sensors during those runs think he only managed 108-109 mph @ AZ raceway...(this was w/ONLY J2 software NO add boltons)

Though he ran & beat, seen by my own eyes a stg 2 E55k from this board on multi frwy runs w/20" whls on his 335i...

(You know what's funny? you act/believe any/every 335i ONLY you touch is capable of the times you constantly quote, Mostly Vbox... Mario had/has every bolt-on made + special beta race maps that weren't released to everyone else for some time early last yr, he's good friends w/Terry Burger) Why do you think ONLY your simple less modded 335's run such special times? (Yes Mario had lightweight drag setup believe he pulled a 1.8 60' too w/failing O2's & ONLY J2 software @ that time) Well you know what my car does with Nitrous, so that can't be the reason! Anyways, if you look at my buildup logs, you will see there is nothing mysterious about it at all
I still can't figure out what you are talking about. I have put the Vbox on Mario's, James', and my car. ON THE SAME ROAD, SAME CONDITIONS! Do I have to go and find the results?? Actually, I am not going to divulge his results, just as I would not yours. I still can not believe he was saying he beat me, as I don't ever doing a formal race against him! Again, are you sure he was talking about my car?? The only time he could have beat me was with full race gas vs 91 octane on mine. But again, I sure don't remember it. So you are saying he beat me when? And by how many cars? I guess I could text him/call him and verify that claim.

Obviously from my graph, and the dragstrip graph, I only sprayed once I was around 60mph. When I was at the drag strip. (only hrs after the install), I was spraying manually, lifting off between the shift. No progressive system. Never claimed anything more or less. No need to read too deep into something where you start imagining things. The only nozzle I used is a .28 size one, PERIOD! What does it matter? I have no idea what a .28 equates to. Some people say that is a small jet, I didn't.

I mean, I am not here trying to prove something. I thought I already did back up my claims with information to back it up. I supplied time slips, video, vbox graphs, etc. And that is much more accurate than someone's interpretation of a roll on contest done on the street. Like I said, if you don't make it to the drag strip soon, at least get a Vbox on it, and then we can superimpose the graphs and see just where your car has the acceleration advantage. It has proven to be a very accurate way of measuring your cars performance. Not imaginary. Otherwise, just go to the race track and see how you do!

Also, regarding spraying just ONCE? I wish, then that would be the entire run on nitrous. The more you have to turn it on/off, the slower you will be. So I'm still not sure what the significance of this is. I'm not going to bother looking at all the posts, but I'm pretty sure I have always said I can't really spray in the lower gears (1st,2nd) due to traction problems. Not sure what you mean by saying I only claim to spray "once". ??

EDIT: I just received at text back from Mario, he is not sure what you are talking about regarding any race between his car and mine.
He can how minor the mods have been on my car though. (ie stock rear muffler, cat, intercooler, turbo)

On a side note: He now has a M6 also: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Thericker WTF

Damn dude I likey I have to find a new drag setup for the rears. What would you recomend for stickies on my CLS. Tiered of running on 14psi rears.. Time for rims and shoes. I have the Bremdo GT brake pkg so fronts are hard to find but rears shouldn't be a problem..

Last edited by rarfinancial; 06-13-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 PM

335i
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Thericker WTF

Damn dude I likey I have to find a new drag setup for the rears. What would you recomend for stickies on my CLS. Tiered of running on 14psi rears.. Time for rims and shoes. I have the Bremdo GT brake pkg so fronts are hard to find but rears shouldn't be a problem..
I got a new set of NTO5Rs. They seem very stable, and allow you to drive to the drag strip on them. But they have a 00 tread wear rating. But at least on the street, they seem as good as my Hoosiers.
Attached Thumbnails Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!-cimg6806.jpg  

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-13-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I got a new set of NTO5Rs. They seem very stable, and allow you to drive to the drag strip on them. But they have a 00 tread wear rating. But at least on the street, they seem as good as my Hoosiers.
I'm not worried about driving them on the street. I always trailer the car in to race I know, I know , that's why Juicee and Allan call it the Velleno show car. The thing gets detailed at least twice a week It's a show car LOL . But those tires look good I will beging my research . I want stickey and soft. hoping I can find some 17" rears to clear the Brembos
Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 PM

335i
I'm not worried about driving them on the street. I always trailer the car in to race I know, I know , that's why Juicee and Allan call it the Velleno show car. The thing gets detailed at least twice a week It's a show car LOL . But those tires look good I will beging my research . I want stickey and soft. hoping I can find some 17" rears to clear the Brembos
Mine are 275/40/17"s
Old 06-13-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Rick, for extreme hp cars, you need an extreme drag setup like we talked about. From what I've seen, the drag setup consisting of 16" light-weight wheels with hoosiers seem to be the best setup for Mercedes. Sal, Sean, and Alan are all using it
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Rick, for extreme hp cars, you need an extreme drag setup like we talked about. From what I've seen, the drag setup consisting of 16" light-weight wheels with hoosiers seem to be the best setup for Mercedes. Sal, Sean, and Alan are all using it
Sal and Sean are actually 7 lbs per wheel lighter than myself but who's counting.... If someone could get the 14 lb rim on the E55 I'll be doing it next. From what I remember at the last Famoso event Sun couldn't get Sal's setup to fit. If I recall correctly with no spacer the setup was still going to rub on the fender, maybe Sun could chime in and confirm this.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I have the HRE C-21's 18" they are light but the problem I have are those Brembo brakes. HRE made the set of 18"s for me so they clear the front calipars.. If I can find a set of 16" wheels that would clear that would be great.. if I have to stay with my 18's then I'll get these
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17342/

What wheels are you guys using for the 16's?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
All this talk about racing is giving me an itch to run...damn, I hate that. Setup a Fontana private rental, get us cleared for running 11.49 or quicker, and enough people to make it affordable and I'll be there. I just don't feel like paying $200-300 for crappy conditions and a 8 hour drive. The funny thing is that I probably will.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
All this talk about racing is giving me an itch to run...damn, I hate that. Setup a Fontana private rental, get us cleared for running 11.49 or quicker, and enough people to make it affordable and I'll be there. I just don't feel like paying $200-300 for crappy conditions and a 8 hour drive. The funny thing is that I probably will.
It's Fontana We've seen Rain storms, Wind Storms, The fires, The 105+ heat and crazy high side winds... BUT it's always a blast.. Yes I'm itchin too the wheel setup is a must for me.. I can raise the *** of my car at least 3" above stock in the rear so rubbing won't be a problem, The CLS's has a huge wide AZZ.. I have 305/25/20" and can slam it to the rim with out any rubbing
Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sal and Sean are actually 7 lbs per wheel lighter than myself but who's counting.... If someone could get the 14 lb rim on the E55 I'll be doing it next. From what I remember at the last Famoso event Sun couldn't get Sal's setup to fit. If I recall correctly with no spacer the setup was still going to rub on the fender, maybe Sun could chime in and confirm this.
Oh that's right, I keep forgetting you're not running the CLK rims.... at least not yet anyways

I have the HRE C-21's 18" they are light but the problem I have are those Brembo brakes. HRE made the set of 18"s for me so they clear the front calipars.. If I can find a set of 16" wheels that would clear that would be great.. if I have to stay with my 18's then I'll get these
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17342/

What wheels are you guys using for the 16's?
Rick, maybe you can talk to HRE or CCW in creating a custom setup with the exact dimensions to fit your car or maybe talk to Juicee and see if you can borrow his old setup
Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I still can't figure out what you are talking about. I have put the Vbox on Mario's, James', and my car. ON THE SAME ROAD, SAME CONDITIONS! Do I have to go and find the results?? Actually, I am not going to divulge his results, just as I would not yours. I still can not believe he was saying he beat me, as I don't ever doing a formal race against him! Again, are you sure he was talking about my car?? The only time he could have beat me was with full race gas vs 91 octane on mine. But again, I sure don't remember it. So you are saying he beat me when? And by how many cars? I guess I could text him/call him and verify that claim.

Obviously from my graph, and the dragstrip graph, I only sprayed once I was around 60mph. When I was at the drag strip. (only hrs after the install), I was spraying manually, lifting off between the shift. No progressive system. Never claimed anything more or less. No need to read too deep into something where you start imagining things. The only nozzle I used is a .28 size one, PERIOD! What does it matter? I have no idea what a .28 equates to. Some people say that is a small jet, I didn't.

I mean, I am not here trying to prove something. I thought I already did back up my claims with information to back it up. I supplied time slips, video, vbox graphs, etc. And that is much more accurate than someone's interpretation of a roll on contest done on the street. Like I said, if you don't make it to the drag strip soon, at least get a Vbox on it, and then we can superimpose the graphs and see just where your car has the acceleration advantage. It has proven to be a very accurate way of measuring your cars performance. Not imaginary. Otherwise, just go to the race track and see how you do!

Also, regarding spraying just ONCE? I wish, then that would be the entire run on nitrous. The more you have to turn it on/off, the slower you will be. So I'm still not sure what the significance of this is. I'm not going to bother looking at all the posts, but I'm pretty sure I have always said I can't really spray in the lower gears (1st,2nd) due to traction problems. Not sure what you mean by saying I only claim to spray "once". ??

EDIT: I just received at text back from Mario, he is not sure what you are talking about regarding any race between his car and mine.
He can how minor the mods have been on my car though. (ie stock rear muffler, cat, intercooler, turbo)

On a side note: He now has a M6 also: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373
That's kool!! I'm happy for him! Tell him to read this thread if you like, he told me you guys ran races last yr when chkn Vbox etc, & that you lost by 2-3 lengths, notice his Sig on that N54 forum 424 rwhp w/OUT meth, would've beat your much less modded 335i easily @ that time YOU had NO nitrous/NO Meth/NO DP's etc.. (last yr)
07 E90 335iA, 19" IForged Daytona, JB3 2.0, UR Intake, AA Intercooler, Riss Racing DP, HKS BOV, Meth Kit, black grill/trim, KW C/O Street Comforts, Crossed Drilled Rotors, 424whp on 1.4 and no Meth
Strap your Kragen NOS Kit back on your latest 335i & we'll run from dig & rolls...Seems pointless to argue how many times you're actually spraying nos, as I clearly saw my speedo @ 40-45mph when you tried to run Drew off the face of the earth w/uncontrolable spinout.

NOT in million years is a 335i w/out Nitrous going to loose traction that badly, you were ALL over the road, yeah yeah bald tires etc... Why would you show up to run me & Drew, finally w/BALD tires????????????????????????????????? & a near empty Nitrous bottle?????? I drive near 1 1/2 hrs w/traffic (so did Drew) to hear these excuses, everytime YOU & I ran dead even from 45-50-60-130mph it was "Ahh I lost traction it didn't count" or "My 10lb bottles running/ran empty it doesn't count"

I don't care, just get some NEW friggin' tires & slap that Kragen kit back on n' lets get @ it

Last edited by Thericker; 06-14-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I think thericker and Hotrod need to line up at the track where a controlled start will be most likely. I think most of us will have to agree that it's almost impossible to get a even start off the 3 honk method. At least at the track both will have the same opportunity to leave at the same when that tree goes green. If you sleep at the light that's your fault and a loss will be handed to you by your own doings, not some guys anticipating the 3rd honk. Just my thoughts!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You're in luck Rick! SL/CLS share the exact same off-sets

Thericker WTF

Call Edison @ HMS for H&R spacers 50mm (if memory serves) tires Hoosier 255/50/16 phn # Edison 714-379-7770 tell'em you want the same spacers he ordered for Sal/Sean

Wheels from 98-00 clk 320 (all over Ebay for EZ $300 delivered, remanufactured look/are perfect, I do custom Airbrush & paintings for living so naturally sprayed 'em Satin/Matte blk) Wheels actually ONLY weigh 13.7 lbs each (I know this killz Alan) Tho w/some whl housing trimming I kno we can make'em fit his beast!
Attached Thumbnails Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!-0531001418a.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 06-14-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 AM

335i
That's kool!! I'm happy for him! Tell him to read this thread if you like, he told me you guys ran races last yr when chkn Vbox etc, & that you lost by 2-3 lengths, notice his Sig on that N54 forum 424 rwhp w/OUT meth, would've beat your much less modded 335i easily @ that time YOU had NO nitrous/NO Meth/NO DP's etc.. (last yr)

Strap your Kragen NOS Kit back on your latest 335i & we'll run from dig & rolls...Seems pointless to argue how many times you're actually spraying nos, as I clearly saw my speedo @ 40-45mph when you tried to run Drew off the face of the earth w/uncontrolable spinout.

NOT in million years is a 335i w/out Nitrous going to loose traction that badly, you were ALL over the road, yeah yeah bald tires etc... Why would you show up to run me & Drew, finally w/BALD tires????????????????????????????????? & a near empty Nitrous bottle?????? I drive near 1 1/2 hrs w/traffic (so did Drew) to hear these excuses, everytime YOU & I ran dead even from 45-50-60-130mph it was "Ahh I lost traction it didn't count" or "My 10lb bottles running/ran empty it doesn't count"

I don't care, just get some NEW friggin' tires & slap that Kragen kit back on n' lets get @ it
You have to remember the first time I ran nitrous was a few months ago.
Over a year ago I was running 11.78 @ 119.55mph with no engine mods besides tune and fuel.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-20627.html

and 11.9x at 124.4 mph January of this year without the nitrous.

http://www.dragtimes.com/2008-BMW-335i-Specs-20246.html

So its not like the car is super slow without nitrous if you know what I mean. 124.4mph traps are right up there with a stock SL65 as far as I know. And the last run against you was pretty much on an empty bottle, and by your own accounts, you weren't leaving me behind by much. We were pretty close.

But no worries, I will get the mods on the car and we can run. But I'm sure that everyone (including myself) wants to see some numbers on your car from the dragstrip soon!!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You have to remember the first time I ran nitrous was a few months ago.
Over a year ago I was running 11.78 @ 119.55mph with no engine mods besides tune and fuel.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-20627.html

and 11.9x at 124.4 mph January of this year without the nitrous.

http://www.dragtimes.com/2008-BMW-335i-Specs-20246.html

So its not like the car is super slow without nitrous if you know what I mean. 124.4mph traps are right up there with a stock SL65 as far as I know. And the last run against you was pretty much on an empty bottle, and by your own accounts, you weren't leaving me behind by much. We were pretty close.

But no worries, I will get the mods on the car and we can run. But I'm sure that everyone (including myself) wants to see some numbers on your car from the dragstrip soon!!
I was headed their (Famoso) on Fri 28th whn testing (running the jeezzuss outt've the SL on thur the 27th late that night) my Ignition coil packs went out, NO way to fix in time for TNT that following evening...Trust me I didn't buy/install "Dukes of Hazard" looking rears for grins around town, (tho it is purdy kewl, & they flat hook on street) goin to the strip b!tch is gettn run daymnit!!!!!!

W/Drag setup, proper cool dwn, ice in reservoir, & PURE MS 109 race tune, I'll sell my SL if it doesn't smash a modded SL65's trap speeds (Summer temps/DA wont allow fair ET comparo till late fall)

Last edited by Thericker; 06-14-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 AM

335i
I think thericker and Hotrod need to line up at the track where a controlled start will be most likely. I think most of us will have to agree that it's almost impossible to get a even start off the 3 honk method. At least at the track both will have the same opportunity to leave at the same when that tree goes green. If you sleep at the light that's your fault and a loss will be handed to you by your own doings, not some guys anticipating the 3rd honk. Just my thoughts!
Absolutely. If you want to accurately judge a car's performance, it should be instrumented. Either dragstrip, or Vbox. Doesn't matter who starts first, you still can see how the car performs by the instrumented results.

We already know the numbers from my car, so we will all be excited to see the numbers from that monster V12 of his. That thing must launch like a rocket with all that torque! I have seen car and driver rate the stock SL600 0-60 at 3.6 seconds!

From 1/2005 Car And Driver:

What you don't get with the SL65, oddly enough, is a time that is faster to 60 mph than the SL600's, a car that costs a mere $130,820. The SL600 does the deed in 3.6 seconds, the $182,720 SL65's best time was 3.8 seconds. Please don't call urging that we take competence tests. The "problem," as we've said, with the SL65 is that it doesn't have adequate traction to handle the horsepower hysteria. The rear tires have the same width as the SL600's, despite the AMG car's additional 111 horses and 148 pound-feet.

0501_short_mer_seats.jpg

All that oomph makes it nearly impossible to launch the SL65 hard without excessive wheelspin. Hang on for 11.9 seconds (the same elapsed time it takes the SL600 to run a quarter-mile), and you'll be going 123 mph, 3 mph faster than the SL600. Finding the difference between the two V-12 SLs is like trying
Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Call Edison @ HMS for H&R spacers 50mm (if memory serves) tires Hoosier 255/50/16 phn # Edison 714-379-7770 tell'em you want the same spacers he ordered for Sal/Sean

Wheels from 98-00 clk 320 (all over Ebay for EZ $300 delivered, remanufactured look/are perfect, I do custom Airbrush & paintings for living so naturally sprayed 'em Satin/Matte blk) Wheels actually ONLY weigh 13.7 lbs each (I know this killz Alan) Tho w/some whl housing trimming I kno we can make'em fit his beast!
Sweet, Thanks for the heads up.. I'll look into it.. About how wide are those tires.. I'm on the hunt. I have a Discount tire shop two block from my Dealership. So test fitting is no problem did you just edit? I didn't see the wheel trimming the first time.. So you are going with the widest tire that with fit that rim right? Those wheels sure do look close to you calipars.. What rotor size are u running?

Last edited by rarfinancial; 06-14-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Sweet, Thanks for the heads up.. I'll look into it.. About how wide are those tires.. I'm on the hunt. I have a Discount tire shop two block from my Dealership. So test fitting is no problem did you just edit? I didn't see the wheel trimming the first time.. So you are going with the widest tire that with fit that rim right? Those wheels sure do look close to you calipars.. What rotor size are u running?
Rick, I'm not sure going with the widest tire possible is beneficial with DR's. All though I'm still learning what works and what doesn't. Maybe someone else will chime in and give their thoughts. Just from what I experienced the most important thing so far has been the amount of rubber on the sidewall, the same height tire yielded better results with 16's over 18's. If you look at some of Sal's videos you could totally see the wrinkle wall on his setup as he launches, mini pro style . Ask around and form your own opinion.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm new to this but learning fast... Good teachers Alan, Ahmad, Sal, Marcin, Bruce TTMS etc.. yes these tires whls are narrow 16x7 but fit perfectly w/255/50 tires, the tire shop wanted me to show what I coud do eased out n' street NO burnout just chirp bet 1-2-3 I saw the horizon rising, came back the guys were all all said they saw the frnt end nearly lift off the ground, this was @ 38-40psi in tires, ima run em @ 17-20psi @ trk...

Rotor size is the exact same dia as ALL the SL55/E55/CL55/S55, only the SL600 came standard w/AMG brake pkg calipers are same size too, only dif is rear rotor isn't cross drilled... ALL other CL600/S600 models came standard w/puny calipers/rotors from 500 models, it was an expensive option for them when ordering.

One race took place before Coils went south on way home that night, Fast n' Ferious Fart machine rolled up @ st light, all clear light hit green had my left foot on brake right foot on gas, she tore off sooo violently I pulled EZ 2 bus lengths to next light a block away. He had his lady w/him both in utter shock, "what the hells n that thar thing?" "What is it?" (tot debadged) told'em it was electric hybrid Mclaren

Last edited by Thericker; 06-14-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Absolutely. If you want to accurately judge a car's performance, it should be instrumented. Either dragstrip, or Vbox. Doesn't matter who starts first, you still can see how the car performs by the instrumented results.

We already know the numbers from my car, so we will all be excited to see the numbers from that monster V12 of his. That thing must launch like a rocket with all that torque! I have seen car and driver rate the stock SL600 0-60 at 3.6 seconds!

From 1/2005 Car And Driver:

What you don't get with the SL65, oddly enough, is a time that is faster to 60 mph than the SL600's, a car that costs a mere $130,820. The SL600 does the deed in 3.6 seconds, the $182,720 SL65's best time was 3.8 seconds. Please don't call urging that we take competence tests. The "problem," as we've said, with the SL65 is that it doesn't have adequate traction to handle the horsepower hysteria. The rear tires have the same width as the SL600's, despite the AMG car's additional 111 horses and 148 pound-feet.

0501_short_mer_seats.jpg

All that oomph makes it nearly impossible to launch the SL65 hard without excessive wheelspin. Hang on for 11.9 seconds (the same elapsed time it takes the SL600 to run a quarter-mile), and you'll be going 123 mph, 3 mph faster than the SL600. Finding the difference between the two V-12 SLs is like trying
That article w/SL600 was later found to have ecu tune ONLY...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!