W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I get a copy of the 'Master List' or original sticker price for my '07 E63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
How can I get a copy of the 'Master List' or original sticker price for my '07 E63?

Hello!

A few of the cars I looked at before I bought my E63 had reprints of the original window sticker and the options list, pricing, and end price of the car. They also had a dealership 'Master List' of all services performed on the car since its birth. My dealership does not seem to receptive to help me get this, so I thought I would ask the group if there are any recommended paths. I love my car, and want to know everything about it to fill in the blanks of its history so that I can be a good 'parent' and know how best to proceed. I appreciate any help that can be provided here. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
I'm having the same problem with my 08 E63. I'm told that my local dealer can't access any other dealers service records even with the VIN etc. Mine came off lease from James Motor Co. in Lexington, KY. I bought it in Houston and have been trying to get the service history from James with no sucess. Calls to their service department always go into voice mail and they haven't returned any of my four messages. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Maybe someone from James will see this and and try to improve their customer service.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Call up Mercedes Benz USA, they should be able to help you, I requested a copy of the orginal window sticker from them a few years ago on my car and they sent it to me.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:40 PM

I think its called a VMI. My dealer pulled one up right away and it has all the services etc performed along with all the options etc.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by MrKool
I think its called a VMI. My dealer pulled one up right away and it has all the services etc performed along with all the options etc.
VMI...yep, that is it. Vehicle Master Inquiry.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
VMI...yep, that is it. Vehicle Master Inquiry.
VMI is actually different than the price sheet. VMI shows all the standard features, options, service, repairs, etc.... but the original window price sheet that contains the MSRP and list of option is usually kept by the first owner. I'm not sure if the dealer can re-print that
Old 06-29-2010, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
The sticker on the window is called the Monroney sticker. (it's called that after the Senator of the same name who pushed the Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958 thru Congress. Before that they had no stickers on cars and it was an even a worse PITA when buying new car.)

MBUSA has sometimes found files for certain car's sticker and can make a copy, but I know people who said MBUSA couldn't find a record for theirs. I heard it's maybe a dealer thing (whether they turn in the right paperwork with MBUSA after the sale.) http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/owners/owners_online

You might want to check the MBCA website http://www.mbca.org/ The Classic Center in Irvine can provide factory build sheets for MB cars
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/herita...enter/overview

Also search on the Mercedes ShopForum on PeachParts: http://www.peachparts.com/

In the meantime find a dealer willing to print you a VMI. It takes 2 seconds. Your SA is being an a-hole if he/she won't do it. Be nice and ask politely. There's absolutely no reason why they can't do it, it's simple.

I had one printed from a dealer that didn't even know me. They just said, yeah, no problem and handed me one in a couple of seconds. It shows all options and all info, any dealer service, etc.. Unless you bought the car from that dealer and maybe they're hiding something from you

EDIT: for around $125 this is what you'll get from the Classic Center (see the link above; scroll down towards the middle of that page and you'll see where they tell you about sending them your VIN.) It comes in a black cloth case with a signed certificate and the build data plus all options. It's like your car's birth certificate Great to have for resale
Attached Thumbnails How can I get a copy of the 'Master List' or original sticker price for my '07 E63?-c43-re-touch-birth-certificate-re-edit.jpg   How can I get a copy of the 'Master List' or original sticker price for my '07 E63?-im000661-re-edit.jpg  

Last edited by 220S; 06-29-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
The Monroney....

is not indigenous to MB. That's for all brands.
Yes, the Vehicle Master Inquiry will tell you all that has gone on, but ONLY during the warranty period, or if an item was repaired/replaced/updated/campaigned, that is, taken care of at MB's expense. The front of your MB store can provide you with the Netstar, that's the reproduction of the window sticker. If an MB dealer is co-operative with you, it's easy to get. The VMI is harder, depending on your dealer. That would come from the back of the house (service department or parts), and some dealers are very finnicky about letting it out (privacy issues). BTW, unless things have changed, the Classic Center can't help you with a "current" car. I may be wrong--previously they would only give you help on older models that are way out of the system by now.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
If you're referring to the list I've attached, call 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES and tell them you would like a copy of your original window sticker that lists your car's features. They'll ask for your VIN and contact info. You will receive a folded, black and white laser printout in a week. Mine was two a 2-pager. The tradeoff is they get to advertise to you and track you as a MB owner.
Attached Thumbnails How can I get a copy of the 'Master List' or original sticker price for my '07 E63?-originalwindowstickerwithoptions.jpg  
Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
is not indigenous to MB. That's for all brands.
I think that was obvious, esp considering he was a US Senator

Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Yes, the Vehicle Master Inquiry will tell you all that has gone on, but ONLY during the warranty period, or if an item was repaired/replaced/updated/campaigned, that is, taken care of at MB's expense. The front of your MB store can provide you with the Netstar, that's the reproduction of the window sticker. If an MB dealer is co-operative with you, it's easy to get. The VMI is harder, depending on your dealer. That would come from the back of the house (service department or parts), and some dealers are very finnicky about letting it out (privacy issues). BTW, unless things have changed, the Classic Center can't help you with a "current" car. I may be wrong--previously they would only give you help on older models that are way out of the system by now.
Actually that's not quite correct. Any dealer service paid for by the customer is recorded on the VMI (e.g., oil changes, etc..) The car's VMI will have service and repair recorded despite the factory warranty (as an example I also have the full VMI of my Porsche with all dealer service done after many years out of warranty. My E63 lists all service paid for either out of my pocket or under warranty and done by any dealer.)

Yes, sometimes the SA will use the privacy issue, but there is NO personal information other than the current owner's name on the VMI. They say it's not available because the VMI is "officially" for 'internal use only' as it says on the first page. I have mine right in front of me. As an example, there are two oil changes not under normal service intervals that I paid for (from two different dealers.) My Porsche VMI shows the same stuff (customer paid optional service at the dealer) and also any out of warranty information.

Netstar is not a "reproduction of the window sticker." NetStar is an Internet browser-based system that gives retailers access to a centralized customer vehicle database. Netstar produces the VMI (btw, the VMI shows all the info of the window sticker w/o the prices. It also lists the internal MB option codes for each option.) What Cahill is showing is a NetStar generated abridged VMI with option codes and retail prices. Those are also available.

The Classic Center provides authenticity documents (but not Monroney copies) just like Porsche does.