WATCH DOG (MASTIFF CONTENT) and slammed even more, electrical question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
WATCH DOG (MASTIFF CONTENT) and slammed even more, electrical question

My 04 Comnpetition Orange Vert, 1 of 72 made world wide. She is a strong runner at 455rwhp/484rwtq with only 10K miles. I wish I had left the windows up in this pic for you guys as they are limo tinted. She runs mid 11's on Nitto drag radials.

The electrical question is as follows, my radio kept turning on after my e55 is turned off. My thoughts were that if I pulled the radio, that would solve the problem, WRONG. The power kept running even with the radio pulled out and run the car completely dead.

I have charged the battery back up and installed the radio again as it lets me know when the power is running. What could be causing the radio to run constantly. Right now I have to pull one of the battery terminals off when I park the car to prevent it going dead.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by chawkins2001; 07-25-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Nice dog! How are they with kids? Love the stang. Big drag radials.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
They are very protective with the kids and have awesome tempraments otherwise.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Do you have factory amp hooked up? Also is the radio, changer and Nav working correctly thoughts are broken optic loop
Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Good looking dog man! I had to put my mastiff down last year (7 1/2).
Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Sorry to hear that Bigswin. We actually have two bull mastiffs, the other female likes to stay indoors on the couch. My first male died at 3yrs old after his stomach turned inside out from ingesting to much air after a meal. It was rough for us.

The radio is not working correctly. When you try to adjust the volume through the knob on the head unit, it switches the whole head unit off. My nav, changer is working fine, it is just if you try to adjust volume through the headunit, it turns itself off and then will come back on automatically. Another way I can turn it off is when I turn the car off, it will come back on automatically as I mentioned before, if I turn it one click over to the left (lower volume), it will turn the radio off and sometimes it will stay off and sometimes it will come back on.

I dont have a warranty and dont want to take it into the dealer right now as you know how they rape people.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Love the MASTIFF! Reminds me of my ole buddy "Atlas" brindle Great Dane...Damn I miss that dog every day...

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2010, 05:14 PM

E63 AMG
Didn't mean to turn this into the dog thread but.... Mine had all kinds of probs: allergies, cancer and then the heart problem that was the show stopper. I'll get another one someday. Here he is at the beach in Chicago....
Attached Thumbnails WATCH DOG (MASTIFF CONTENT) and slammed even more, electrical question-city-rizz-2.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
We have a wonderful 2 year old English Mastiff. She's great with our four year old.

We were in the back yard a few weeks ago and saw here running around and playing with....a deer.

Hilarious sight.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
what a beauty. he looks like he might have had entropian, my female had that and we had eye surgery done for her. they had to cut the eye lids back since they were growing inwards and rubbing on the eye ball, she had constant tears running from her eyes. now she is so much better. my male right now has aweful allergies, what did you try to get rid of them. we have not found a cure yet.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM

E63 AMG
Yeah, he had 3 different eye surgeries to correct the entropian. The allergies were a total PITA. Mine was allergic to EVERYTHING, including wood, grass, chicken, etc... You can do a couple of different things. Go to an allergy vet and get a skin test. They will be able to tell you exactly what his allergies are. If it's a food allergy, i would switch him/her to a fish&potato or lamb&rice food and see what that does. Most dogs have not developed allergies to those types of foods. Venison is also a good choice. My dog mostly at Solid Gold Holistic Blend dog food. I also had to give him allergy shots every 21 days, ear drops, and clean out feet, face and ears with baby wipes. It seems like a lot but you get used to it. Mine happened to be allergic to dirt too. Unbelievable. If you have any other questions man hit me up. I became a bullmastiff allergy expert pretty quick. haha.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bigswin
Yeah, he had 3 different eye surgeries to correct the entropian. The allergies were a total PITA. Mine was allergic to EVERYTHING, including wood, grass, chicken, etc... You can do a couple of different things. Go to an allergy vet and get a skin test. They will be able to tell you exactly what his allergies are. If it's a food allergy, i would switch him/her to a fish&potato or lamb&rice food and see what that does. Most dogs have not developed allergies to those types of foods. Venison is also a good choice. My dog mostly at Solid Gold Holistic Blend dog food. I also had to give him allergy shots every 21 days, ear drops, and clean out feet, face and ears with baby wipes. It seems like a lot but you get used to it. Mine happened to be allergic to dirt too. Unbelievable. If you have any other questions man hit me up. I became a bullmastiff allergy expert pretty quick. haha.
LOL..damn. What wasnt he allergic to?!! LOL.... I love dogs. Deciding on what to get...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:12 AM

04 E55 470 whp
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
LOL..damn. What wasnt he allergic to?!! LOL.... I love dogs. Deciding on what to get...
My female had two entropia surgeries. Finally she is all good now.

@ Bullmastiff
Max on left at 9 months (now 2 and weighs 130lbs/ Roxy on right now 4 and weighs 110 lbs)

Both are very protective of our family but great family dogs.
Attached Thumbnails WATCH DOG (MASTIFF CONTENT) and slammed even more, electrical question-img_0517_jpg.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I think I will take him to an allergy vet as he constantly licks his paws and eats his nails. I too give him daily ear drops and clean his ears out. They are like little children the way they need to be pampered but once they have to go into protective mode, move aside otherwise you will get knocked aside, lol.

We have him on a holistic dog food that runs $50 a bag, but he still goes to town, licking after he eats. I think I will try the allergy doctor next.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by brunoboxer
My female had two entropia surgeries. Finally she is all good now.

@ Bullmastiff
Max on left at 9 months (now 2 and weighs 130lbs/ Roxy on right now 4 and weighs 110 lbs)

Both are very protective of our family but great family dogs.
you bought my old E55 you bugger, lol. told you it would not be long before I got another. Did you ever switch the mufflers out?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed

Love mastiffs (My boy plays with a Boerboel in the neighborhood). If you're exploring different breeds - can't recommend ridgebacks enough!!!!!

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/d...ridgeback.html
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM

04 E55 470 whp
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
you bought my old E55 you bugger, lol. told you it would not be long before I got another. Did you ever switch the mufflers out?
Nope. I liked the existing sound too much.