PLEASE HELP!!!! girlfriend broke down on day 1 of E55 ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
If you call MBUSA, they will arrange a tow for you to the nearest dealership. MBUSA usually uses towing companies from around the area that you are stuck in; also they only choose towing companies which have a good standing relationship with your local dealership so that they are able to bill the dealership directly. However, after your car is inspected by the Mercedes dealership and found that it was out of warranty, the dealership will bill you back for the towing amount when you pick up the car. I suppose you can request from MBUSA to arrange a tow to a different city/state, but be prepared to give them a credit card because my guess is that they'll charge you directly for it and it won't be cheap.
That's good to know. I was told by an obviously dimwitted salesperson that MB Assist included one free tow to the nearest dealer if the driver/mechanic can't get the car up and running.

So, if out of warranty it's a good idea to have AAA in addition to knowing that you also have MB Assist.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Towing: In the event your vehicle requires a tow, Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance can facilitate arrangements for your vehicle to be towed to the nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. The tow service providers, however, are not contracted through Mercedes-Benz, and their response times, as well as their costs, will vary. The Roadside Assistance Program does not cover the cost of towing. Please see the Warranty Information Booklet that accompanied your vehicle or discuss with your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer to ascertain whether or not towing charges may be covered for a warrantable repair.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
PICS or BAN
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Bramage
PICS or BAN

+1

Preferably of the g/f...the car would suffice if necessary.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
So.. you notice the guy who needs all of our help is nowhere to be found now??

He gets his E55, hits the road.. and now no one hears from him for a week. Gratitude I tell you!!

(I hope you are having FUN) Torque=Good
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55

He gets his E55, hits the road.. and now no one hears from him for a week. Gratitude I tell you!!

(I hope you are having FUN) Torque=Good
Hey now, he posted in another thread how much he appreciated all of our help. I advise you to go take a look at it and then revise your statement.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
NO
Old 08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Esh

E55
NO
Then go away.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
:P
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by mugatu22
I think we may have been 'used' for the day while the OP panicked...may not see him around again any time soon

Notice my post from p2 of this thread

Hopefully he'll be back. He's probably too busy driving the beast to bother with the interwebz.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
I was JK.. I know he is out running around in the beast and having a blast. We will see him soon asking where **** is... how to turn off Nav voice, what mods go faster.., what wheels should he get.. how do i lower it... and I am glad for him and the gf. CHEERS
Old 08-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Esh

E55
I was JK.. I know he is out running around in the beast and having a blast. We will see him soon asking where **** is... how to turn off Nav voice, what mods go faster.., what wheels should he get.. how do i lower it... and I am glad for him and the gf. CHEERS
I know, I was just pointing out that he did thank all of us, even though it wasn't in this thread.

Exactly
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
He did.. I like this guy already. I hope the days following day one are problem free, however I do hope he looks into the warranty. It was literaly the first thing I did when I got mine. Have not needed it.. but sure feels good to know that it is there. Allows me to blow every dime of expendable income on MODS!!!

The second day I had my car, I started it with keyless go and threw it into drive before I had closed the door. I get a BIG RED WARNING: PUT CAR IN N or PARK...

I thought, oh crap.. I broke it already..

Come to find out.. MB doesnt like when you drive around with the door open Red warnings are scary!

Last edited by Bramage; 08-04-2010 at 07:14 AM.