Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Supersprint Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Anyone have a Supersprint Exhaust?

Do any of you guys or girls have a Supersprint Exhaust system or part of a system fitted to a W211 E55 AMG? Or perhaps you know quite a bit about them?

If you do I have a few questions. I will wait for a reply first.

Many thanks.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MOR8A
Do any of you guys or girls have a Supersprint Exhaust system or part of a system fitted to a W211 E55 AMG? Or perhaps you know quite a bit about them?

If you do I have a few questions. I will wait for a reply first.

Many thanks.

I got the Supersprint exhaust on my E55, also have the Supersprint resonator. What do you want to know?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have had one guy pm me, I will ask you the same questions thought if you don't mind:

This is what I'm looking for (I really hope it is anyway). So let me get this right.... no cutting or welding or nightmares? Just bolt on and off you go?

How does it sound and fit? Do you have any pics? Any pics from underneath the car at all? Any video with sound?

Which setup did you go for? What parts did you need?

Sorry for all the qusetions.

Many thanks.

Last edited by MOR8A; 07-30-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM

05 E55 AMG
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have had one gut pm me, I will ask you the same questions thought if you don't mind:

This is what I'm looking for (I really hope it is anyway). So let me get this right.... no cutting or welding or nightmares? Just bolt on and off you go?

How does it sound and fit? Do you have any pics? Any pics from underneath the car at all? Any video with sound?

Which setup did you go for? What parts did you need?

Sorry for all the qusetions.

Many thanks.
You have to cut and weld any exhaust you put on our cars, there is no bolt on system only. Its not bad though, any muffler shop can do it, no problem. As far as the sound, its not as loud as the other exhausts I've heard, It's a little louder than stock when driving at normal speeds on the freeway with a little bit of drone at about 1800-2000 rpm. When you get on the throttle its sounds nice, it's deep and mellow, nothing obnoxiuos. I think this is the perfect setup for someone who wants a little more aggressive sound than stock without attracting too much attention. The setup I have is the Left and Right Exhausts with the resononator, all made by Supersprint. I don't have any pics, videos or sound clips of the exhaust but I'll try to get some this weekend for you. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help you out.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nasty50-Five
You have to cut and weld any exhaust you put on our cars, there is no bolt on system only. Its not bad though, any muffler shop can do it, no problem. As far as the sound, its not as loud as the other exhausts I've heard, It's a little louder than stock when driving at normal speeds on the freeway with a little bit of drone at about 1800-2000 rpm. When you get on the throttle its sounds nice, it's deep and mellow, nothing obnoxiuos. I think this is the perfect setup for someone who wants a little more aggressive sound than stock without attracting too much attention. The setup I have is the Left and Right Exhausts with the resononator, all made by Supersprint. I don't have any pics, videos or sound clips of the exhaust but I'll try to get some this weekend for you. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help you out.
Well it looks to me that there is an option for bolting straight on to the OEM cats. Not that I have done it, but its looking good so far.

Look here:

http://www.supersprint.com/USPR000mer2117.asp
Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM

05 E55 AMG
Well it looks to me that there is an option for bolting straight on to the OEM cats. Not that I have done it, but its looking good so far.

Look here:

It does look like there is some kind of clamp that goes on and holds everything together. I should have mentioned that I bought my system used from a forum member on here so far all I know my system could have came with those clamps, but it had everything welded when I bought it so I don't know. The best thing would be to call Supersprint directly and get the facts from them. but I'll try to get you some videos soon so you can atleast hear the sound.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed

Look here:

this is how the SS is segmented:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(you have an option for a muffled X-pipe and for pipes without those small reso on the rear, but segments are the same)

I think you could:

A- Keep the stock resonator-cut and fit a new flange after the stock resonator, on the right side (because in the stock exh the flange is only on the left side pipe)
- fit the rear SS pipes + mufflers, after having welded the same flange so as to match the stock part.

B- replace the stock resonator -
you buy above SS parts + also the SS center segment (with X-pipe, muffled or not).
in this case you will not cut anything from the stock exh, but you have to fit on the SS center segment the same flanges to match stock pipes after cats.

either case you need a welder and a few fittings ..
Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Thanks guys.

I have e-mailed SS although they are closed for 2nd to the 20th of August for Hols. So it could be a long wait! I may end up calling SSNA to ask..................... unless one of you guys wants to do it for me seeing as it would be much cheaper and your on the same time .... only joking, but anyway we will see what happens.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
no need to cut anything,i have the headers for my ml63 and and fit and finish are top notch.unless you you`re going to use another(not SS) cats then you need to start cutting.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by dyno
this is how the SS is segmented
That's the SL55 system; the E55 system is different, with fewer parts required.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by komp55
That's the SL55 system; the E55 system is different, with fewer parts required.

I like when being corrected .. your right , it's SL

for the E the center segment is different ... but I couldn't find anymore amongst my saved pics ..

in any case, he hasn't but those two options

ps: .... found this from real

Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 PM

05 E55 AMG
I think its cheaper for the OP to just cut and weld in what he wants, exhaust/resonator/cats rather than buying all the individual pieces from Supersprint, thats gonna be EXSPENSIVE!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe he has some good opportunity for a used item at hand ..

sometime I regret of not having taken the chance "Tubi Style" offered me, when I met a few years ago at an exhibition, to make a custom exh for me ..
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM

dyno
what ever happend with your tune?it has been a while since posted somthing.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you keep pushing in my wound

I play only with audio, still ..
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM

i did not mean it,sorry
Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

but I gathered plenty of mechanical toys, ...waiting
Old 07-30-2010, 07:46 PM

do tell,like what?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

these for example ...

... but need to make custom brakets to fit together with
theeese

.. pity is that everything is so illiquid, still !

if I should install all toys according to my wishes it would cost more than the car itself !

Last edited by dyno; 07-30-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, friends , late here
go to .. dream... LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 12:37 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cls55
no need to cut anything,i have the headers for my ml63 and and fit and finish are top notch.unless you you`re going to use another(not SS) cats then you need to start cutting.

Do you mean you have the standard headers and cats and from the cats back you have all SS? No cutting or welding right? I can't wait to get my car on a ramp and have a proper look at the standard system to see what is really going on under there.

I did have a reply from SS to say that they have a system to fit from cats back and that the non res ''X'' pipe will be ready for sale in September! Will give me a chance to save my pennies then! lol.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:04 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
any body know what size pipe the supersprint system uses from the header clamps back? i have longtubes and put in 3" all the way back and its louder than all hell. then again i have no cats. just resonators. was considering the supersprint system.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by beauphus
any body know what size pipe the supersprint system uses from the header clamps back? i have longtubes and put in 3" all the way back and its louder than all hell. then again i have no cats. just resonators. was considering the supersprint system.

they say 70mm OD
so, 2 3/4 ".

btw, I have been today at a company who produces race partsfor formula 1cars , and brakes for Porsche Cup and the like ..
they had inconel parts and complete headers of Formula1 engine ... its crazy how lightweight they are
welding is also weird .. seems glued... was on the point of killing one piece .. LOL
if I understood correctly they are made with a water injection technique.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by beauphus
off topic

Was wondering when you would start to feel it was a little too loud.
Get a set of cats back on and see how it goes. The straight pipes are also maybe not helping noise pollution levels

GL!

Also Dyno
Are those the SLS/E carbon break kit !!? it can fit our cars...lol what is the weight savings?
i doubt it is worth the cost of the break kit....

Last edited by Zod; 08-01-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
off topic

Also Dyno
Are those the SLS/E carbon break kit !!? it can fit our cars...lol what is the weight savings?
i doubt it is worth the cost of the break kit....

don't you see on the side of the box is written McLaren ... they are from 722. and yes, weight saving is considerable: they are a bit more 5Kg
or 1 third than stock

now I am a bit concerned about what to put on the rears: I have some pics of early SLR showing big disks and calipers on the rear (nearly as those on fronts) ..

it's OT here, therefore if you find picture of SLR with big brakes on the rear, please tell me or post somewhere .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Supersprint Exhaust?