W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I just installed the Renntech ELM and......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
05 E55 AMG
So I just installed the Renntech ELM and......

I'm having some issues. To the guys that have the V3, what is the secret to lowering your car with a laptop. Sounds like it should be easy but I can't seem to figure out the correct procedure. The directions from Renntech are wrong, they say once you have a desired height you need to save it, to save it you have to go to "File" then click save, but there is no "save" under "File". I got the car to lower so I know I hooked up the wires correctly I just can't figure out the correct procedure.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
1) Click on one of the tabs to highlight below the Stock and Renntech tabs.
2) Set ride height.
3) Click profile on the top and choose save. Name it whatever you want so you know the settings you have saved.

I usually set the 3 up labeled as 4x4(highest), performance(everyday driving) and slammed(car shows/photo ops).
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM

05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
1) Click on one of the tabs to highlight below the Stock and Renntech tabs.
2) Set ride height.
3) Click profile on the top and choose save. Name it whatever you want so you know the settings you have saved.

I usually set the 3 up labeled as 4x4(highest), performance(everyday driving) and slammed(car shows/photo ops).

I did that. I set one of the empty tabs as -1" all around, and the second empty tab as slammed, -4". When I save and send the data, it does say that the profile has been installed, and I got the car to slam and go back to stock height, but not everytime. I swear I do the exact same procedure everytime but the car only responds half the time. Someone pm'ed me to email Ken at Renntech, I think I'm gonna do that next.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
You click on profile to save not FILE!

File is used to import and export saved files from a laptop in the Renntech software.

Call my office and I will walk you through it. I have 2 DLM V3 equipped MB's here and I am able to do whatever I want with them.

Do you have any error codes/visit workshop?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
I just fitted V3, I can do what i want with it too. Set height, hit send data then "profile" to save/rename.

BTW, what a difference its made coming from links, it rides so much better, expensive but worth it imo.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:36 PM

05 E55 AMG
You click on profile to save not FILE!

File is used to import and export saved files from a laptop in the Renntech software.

Call my office and I will walk you through it. I have 2 DLM V3 equipped MB's here and I am able to do whatever I want with them.

Do you have any error codes/visit workshop?
No error codes, I did get a visit workshop message about the the car being to low, but that was only when the car was slammed. Once I raised it up, the message went away. The problem here is I don't have a pc laptop, I used my cousins pc last night, so now I gotta wait for him to get off work so I can mess with it again.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Did you try the pass through module that replaces the DLM module to make sure the DLM is wired correctly?

The 12v power wire was incorrectly labeled in the V3 installation manual. I brought that up to Dustin at Renntech about a year ago. You are supposed to use pin 47 and not pin 48 for your power.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Lopes80
I just fitted V3, I can do what i want with it too. Set height, hit send data then "profile" to save/rename.

BTW, what a difference its made coming from links, it rides so much better, expensive but worth it imo.
So was this the trick you used to hit 180.1mph Paul?

I would never use those links on any of my client's cars. You made a great choice my friend!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM

05 E55 AMG
Did you try the pass through module that replaces the DLM module to make sure the DLM is wired correctly?

The 12v power wire was incorrectly labeled in the V3 installation manual. I brought that up to Dustin at Renntech about a year ago. You are supposed to use pin 47 and not pin 48 for your power.
According to the directions, I was supposed to use pin 47, which is what I used. I haven't tried to use the passthrough module, I double checked/triple checked all the wiring. Like I said, I don't think the wiring is the issue here, I think its some confusion, (maybe on my part) with the software and downloading the height setting to the DLM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM

05 E55 AMG
Ok so I finally figured out what I was doing wrong last night. Even though I made a couple of custom settings and saved them, I guess every time you choose a different setting you have to hit "save" then "send data". I wasn't doing that last night. Thanks for all the help to all the guys that responded, I really appreciate it. here is a couple of pics.

Sorry for the sh*tty Iphone pics.
Attached Thumbnails So I just installed the Renntech ELM and......-slammed.jpg   So I just installed the Renntech ELM and......-slammed-2.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 01:31 AM

05 E55 AMG
On a side note: Anybody use a Palm PDA to set the ride heights? I keep seeing that the V3 is "Palm PDA ready". What does that exactly mean, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, no one seems to know. I would love to use a PDA to lower my ca instead of pulling out a laptop every time. Anybody have any insight?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Sitting low!!! Looks nice!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Does the V2 with remote go lower that -2"? Sorry to hi-jack thread here.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM

05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 930chas
Sitting low!!! Looks nice!
Thanks I'm supposed to be getting the 20" HRE's that I bought off of B. Gorman in today!! Can't wait, so i'll be posting some better pics with the wheels on in a few days
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 AM

05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Roverron
Does the V2 with remote go lower that -2"? Sorry to hi-jack thread here.
As far as I know, the V2 has a max drop of 2", the V3 has a max drop of I think 4". But don't let that stop you from buying the V2, I kind of wished I would have bought the V2 with the remote because that would have been so much better than pulling out a laptop every time I want to lower it. Trust me, I have it lowered now -2" in the front, -1" in the back and it's low! Any lower and I don't think you could drive it. How often are you going to slam it anyways?, unless you're at a show.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Very True on the drop. Do you have yours set to raise at certain speeds?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM

05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Roverron
Very True on the drop. Do you have yours set to raise at certain speeds?

No, I figured if it doesn't rub, why raise it?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55

+1
Old 08-17-2010, 04:49 PM

E55 AMG
So was this the trick you used to hit 180.1mph Paul?

I would never use those links on any of my client's cars. You made a great choice my friend!

Hahaha, well, it definitely kept the thing stable.

I still cant believe the difference it made, my wife goes "what you done to the car now? It drives so much better!" I was like, wow! even she noticed!

The only thing that disappointed me was the so called "remote" that came with the V3, if Renntech told me I was getting a big bulky Advent tablet I would not have bought it..