W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrysler Warranty just cancelled my policy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Originally Posted by Moxxon
I recently bought an E63 which is an amazing car, and I will definitely be buying an extended warranty from EasyCare. All my repairs had a deductible of $100, but it was still a great deal. I highly recommend EasyCare. If anyone is interested, I bought the EasyCare warranty from Mercedes-Benz of Walnut Creek. I love my E63 and plan to keep it for at least five more years, and having a reliable warranty from EasyCare just makes owning my AMG a worry-free pleasure. I know this sounds like an EasyCare commercial, but I am not associated with the company in any way; I'm just a satisfied customer.
Congrats on E63 - what yr did you get? great color too!!!
How much was the easycare, and was MB CPO/ELW an option?
PL
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by komp55
How could owning an E55 or any AMG, for that matter, without a warranty be any worse than owning a Porsche without a warranty? Just wonderin'
how? simple. anything that has an AMG stamp on it uber overpriced.
-airmatic struts are 1200 a piece and they are ticking time bombs, it's not a matter of "IF", it's a matter of when
-E55 has loads of modules, electronics, gateways that are also known to have issues where the 911 is fairly bare bone when it comes to that.
- any electric/electronic issue is practically impossible to diagnose with out MB STAR DAS thus you are tied to a dealer or expensive Indy for service
- not to mention tons of stupid issue like intercooler pump, heater proportioning valve, power seats stop working, sunroof leaks, coolant mixing with tranny fluid in the radiator and messing up the torque converter and the trans, intercooler cracking, supercharger clutch and bearing

there are tons and tons of issues and i speak from experience. since i had both and daily drove/drive them

i have actually found the Porsche to be significantly more reliable and cheaper to maintain. parts are cheaper as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Originally Posted by Moxxon
Since Chrysler is no longer available for AMG cars, I just wanted to say that I have been very happy with my extended warranty from a company called EasyCare. I bought a 4-year/ 65K mile (I drive only 5K miles per year) warranty for my C32 and it cost me $2,900. EasyCare has been great and never gave me a hassle about any of the repairs I needed. I sold my C32 and requested a pro-rata refund and I just got a check from my Mercedes dealer that I bought the warranty from for over $600 and my warranty was going to expire in April 2011. It was a pleasant surprise since I did not think I would get that much back. Even my Service Advisor said that EasyCare is a great company to work with. Great, honest company.

I recently bought an E63 which is an amazing car, and I will definitely be buying an extended warranty from EasyCare. All my repairs had a deductible of $100, but it was still a great deal. I highly recommend EasyCare. If anyone is interested, I bought the EasyCare warranty from Mercedes-Benz of Walnut Creek. I love my E63 and plan to keep it for at least five more years, and having a reliable warranty from EasyCare just makes owning my AMG a worry-free pleasure. I know this sounds like an EasyCare commercial, but I am not associated with the company in any way; I'm just a satisfied customer.
that sounds like a great policy. I think I heard easycare on the boards before. When you get a policy for your E63 from them could you give us an update on how much it was?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM

Flint Gray E63
bzliteyear -

I bought an '07 with only 13K miles on it. I was originally going to get a black car, but once I saw the Flint Grey I fell in love with it.

My 2007 is still under factory warranty and it was not a CPO because I purchased it from an independent dealer. In April 2011 when the factory warranty expires, I will go to the MB dealer and get some prices for the EasyCare warranty.

Moedy -

After I get an extended warranty for the E63 I will provide an update regarding the details...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM

07 GL450
FYI.
I just bought an Extended Limited Warranty from MB. Not easycare or any of the others and ACTUAL MB warranty. It was supposed to be $5160 but I negotiated $4285. They said that was as low as they could go cause it was their cost.

This was for an 07 GL450.

BTW- this was for a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty (additional 50,000 actually)
-ysgi

Last edited by ysgi; 10-19-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
why buy easycare if you can get MB's ELW with zero deductibles? I'd shop around and compare prices, but within reason definitely go for the MB dealer warranty.
PL
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM

Flint Gray E63
I always shop around. I had a really good experience with the service I received from the EasyCare service contract, but of course I will compare it to all the other options out there.

Just looked at the MBUSA website regarding the MB Extended Limited Warranty and you have a choice of extending the factory warranty by 1,2 or 3 years. Also, I have not confirmed this, but I have read that the MB warranty is not refundable. Three years of extra coverage is not enough for me and I also want the option of getting a pro-rata refund if I choose to sell the car before the contract expires.

Last edited by Moxxon; 10-20-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:44 PM

'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
Any more cancellations since this thread died a few weeks ago?

I'm disappointed to hear about it and it makes me a bit nervous with my '06 E55.

I bought the maximum coverage with Chrysler in February of this year for 4 years and unlimited miles, paid $3750 up front. The car was at 49k miles at that time (about to run out of MB warranty), now has 62k on it 9 months later. I have had zero claims so far.

Have there been any cancellations of people with $0 claims?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
Wow, just seeing this thread. I didn't read all 4 pages but surprised to see service contracts cancelled after they were written. I can understand them not writing new contracts but to cancel an existing policy is lame. If it makes anyone feel better I bought a 2006 E55 just over a year ago and got a 2 yr Chrysler warranty for $2500. I had $8,000 in claims paid and when I traded the car in (2 months ago) I got a pro-rated refund for the unused portion of the warranty of just over $1,000.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
^^^ No, I'm sure that does not make anyone feel better, especially the people with cancelled warranties.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Any more news I spoke with Todd the other day and he says that everything is fine and I can go ahead and get the coverage for my 2003 E55...
Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
I am driving my car 3 years now without a warranty. Only 1 major repair thank god $2150. besides that so far so good. I would like to get a warranty not that Im getting closer to 50k im on 44k now.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I have had 3 E55s and never a major issue. I think the problems stem from high miled cars, abused cars, and poor maint. I just replaced the SC pump in my CLS and I would not consider that a major expense. I have had all my cars lowered and never a problem with the airmatic. I think if you drive like an idiot, and you do no maint. its obviously not the cars fault. I know people drag raec these cars and thats great, but they were not meant for that so when they break you really cant complain.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
+ 1 Emoving

I've had my E55 for 15 months and I havn't had any major problems. If you own a $90k car you better plan on doing regular maintenance - (I take mine to MB) and if things break you get them fixed. Whats the big deal, take car of it and it will return the favor.

IMO - I think their's too much hype on the warrenty.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:59 PM

E CLASS
Originally Posted by Evolved8
Any more news I spoke with Todd the other day and he says that everything is fine and I can go ahead and get the coverage for my 2003 E55...

What prices did Todd(Chrysler) quote you? Are they selling them again?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by emoving
I have had 3 E55s and never a major issue. I think the problems stem from high miled cars, abused cars, and poor maint. I just replaced the SC pump in my CLS and I would not consider that a major expense. I have had all my cars lowered and never a problem with the airmatic. I think if you drive like an idiot, and you do no maint. its obviously not the cars fault. I know people drag raec these cars and thats great, but they were not meant for that so when they break you really cant complain.
+100

A lot of the cars people buy used are coming off leases. I'd say 90% of leased cars are either abused or had poor to no maintenance or both. A CPO doesn't necessarily fix an abused car, it just gets it ready to sell.

There's a company called DataScan that's contracted to take in cars coming off lease. They write up reports and take pics of the car. I've seen cars that were totally abused (sludge on the oil filler caps, etc.) and then later all cleaned and looking nice up for CPO resale.

I've owned other expensive cars besides AMGs and I've always maintained them religiously. It's almost like the car knows it. And like a faithful pet, will perform for you with no complaints.

In Europe where cars aren't flipped every few years as if they're cell phones (like here in the US), owners take good care of their cars and keep them for a lot longer.