Sponsored by:

EBC Bluestuff NDX Anyone use them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
EBC Bluestuff NDX Anyone use them?

"Yellow Stuff" is the more popular pad but this Bluestuff NDX came up on my search, any experience at all?? I recently had new rotors made here in the UK so just deciding on the best pad..

Thanks

Paul
Old 11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
I run the yellows and saw the blues at the sema show in vegas. I am curious as well. They pretty much sound the same as the yellows..Hopefully someone knows.

-Chad
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
I run the yellows and saw the blues at the sema show in vegas. I am curious as well. They pretty much sound the same as the yellows..Hopefully someone knows.

-Chad

What are the Yellows like? have you had them long term?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Yes, I have used Reds, Yellows, and the NEW Blues.

Reds are for street occasional road course. EDIT: I use reds on ALL of my cars

Yellows are for more track oriented cars.

And Blues are TRACK ONLY. Meaning they DO NOT work well when cold, aka around town or rural areas they will NOT grip will when they are cold.

Note on an 06 mustang tracked HARD, the blues were only BARELY noticeably better then yellows. And the yellows you can use on the street as numerous C32 have already done this.

Save the blues for track cars guys, 1. They do not work well cold. 2. They wear out VERY fast. 3. Dust is NOT good. 4. Count on them screeching.

Hope it helped.

Last edited by MRAMG1; 11-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Yes, I have used Reds, Yellows, and the NEW Blues.

Reds are for street occasional road course.

Yellows are for more track oriented cars.

And Blues are TRACK ONLY. Meaning they DO NOT work well when cold, aka around town or rural areas they will NOT grip will when they are cold.

Note on an 06 mustang tracked HARD, the blues were only BARELY noticeably better then yellows. And the yellows you can use on the street as numerous C32 have already done this.

Save the blues for track cars guys, 1. They do not work well cold. 2. They wear out VERY fast. 3. Dust is NOT good. 4. Count on them screeching.

Hope it helped.

Thats great man. Thanks cant wait to install the new Rotors.. Paul
Old 11-09-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
MRAMG1,

Just saw evosport has Ti shims to insulate the caliper from the pads. Any thoughts? I have to say the weak link in my E63 at Thunderhill was brakes.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Well I think that they are awesome! lol

In all seriousness, YES, this is a huge weak point for these cars. We are doing all we can to address it.

thanks
Brad
Old 11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
MRAMG1,

Just saw evosport has Ti shims to insulate the caliper from the pads. Any thoughts? I have to say the weak link in my E63 at Thunderhill was brakes.
My only concern would be that since the shim is insulating the pad from the piston, the pad BETTER be of a higher temp rating, as now it is going to see increased temps.

This does NOT imply they won't work well, it just means that you NEED a high temp pad, think Yellows here, IMHO.

By the way, just about EVERY car I have ever tracked, boiled the brake fluid first, WAY before the pad would fade, so I would say give them a try if you like to track your beast
Old 11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
We do not recommend EBC for our rotors, FYI.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lopes80
What are the Yellows like? have you had them long term?

I have had the yellow's for over a year now and they are down to about 30%. I am replacing the rotors the first of next week and need to get new bads. The yellows are great, no noise, hardly any dust, and grip well right out of the gate. The down fall that I have seen is, obviously they didn't last long... I am going to ask brad why they are not recommend. But I am sure he is going to say that it eats the **** out of the rotors.

-Chad
Old 11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
We do not recommend EBC for our rotors, FYI.

Hey Brad how come we shouldn't run EBC with stock rotors? What pad do you recommend?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:28 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
I cannot comment on stock rotors, I just know that on our rotors customers have had issues.

thanks
brad
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I cannot comment on stock rotors, I just know that on our rotors customers have had issues.

thanks
brad

Oh, Ok that makes sense! Thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Without going into GREAT detail. EBC pads are fairly aggressive according to some manufacturers, aka they can be rough on rotors. I have NEVER had this issue with their pads on STOCK AMG, Ford, Chysler, or GM products, but some have claimed this.

Evosport has had issues with EBC, just like Brad has stated.

You can do a search on Evosport rotors for the details, as I will not get into it here as it is a moot point.

Suffices to say, that IF you have stock rotors, and would like to use the Evosport shims, try the EBC yellows at your next track event.

If you have Evosport rotors, please contact them as to a pad suggestion for track use.

PS: Akebomes, sorry for the spelling, are NOT track recommended by Tirerack or myself. Great for the street and no dust but are NOT good for road course aka higfh heat events.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I like to think I do aggressive street driving so I ordered stock rotors and yellows again
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
I like to think I do aggressive street driving so I ordered stock rotors and yellows again
IMHO, Nice choice my friend
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Does not make sense that a pad that wears down quickly is harsh on a disc... its typically the opposite (see OEM pads).. they destroy OEM discs.

Now I dont know if the material on Yellows are more abrasive and wear bad AS WELL AS eat discs, but in my experience a pad that lasts longer will eat your discs and one which lasts less long is kinder to your discs.

Over the years it seems pad material has become harder and harder (perhaps more and more abrasive?) requiring more frequent changing of discs with respect to pad life....

YMMV

What "issues" were had with the Yellow's on Evosport rotors?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Without going into GREAT detail. EBC pads are fairly aggressive according to some manufacturers, aka they can be rough on rotors. I have NEVER had this issue with their pads on STOCK AMG, Ford, Chysler, or GM products, but some have claimed this.

Evosport has had issues with EBC, just like Brad has stated.

You can do a search on Evosport rotors for the details, as I will not get into it here as it is a moot point.

Suffices to say, that IF you have stock rotors, and would like to use the Evosport shims, try the EBC yellows at your next track event.

If you have Evosport rotors, please contact them as to a pad suggestion for track use.

PS: Akebomes, sorry for the spelling, are NOT track recommended by Tirerack or myself. Great for the street and no dust but are NOT good for road course aka higfh heat events.
FYI The EBC issue is not related only to Evosport rotors, I had some serious issues with EBC pads on my M3 with another manufacturers rotors, do a forum search on here for EBC pads and you will find a couple of threads, also check out 6SpeedOnline, there were a few threads over there as well.

EBC makes some the best pads for high performance bikes and light weight cars such as Civic's and Miata's but IMO their compounds are not suitable for heavier or super high HP cars.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by jrcart
FYI The EBC issue is not related only to Evosport rotors, I had some serious issues with EBC pads on my M3 with another manufacturers rotors, do a forum search on here for EBC pads and you will find a couple of threads, also check out 6SpeedOnline, there were a few threads over there as well.

EBC makes some the best pads for high performance bikes and light weight cars such as Civic's and Miata's but IMO their compounds are not suitable for heavier or super high HP cars.
You and I have disagreed on many subjects in the past.

alas we have another one.

All though I do recognize that you are an avid racer, I can assure you that MANY people in my area enjoy their EBC pads in cars that are MUCH bigger than an Miata and have the ponies to back it up

Your experience may vary depending on your driving style and skill.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Why does everything have to turn to an argument with snide remarks?

Brake pads are subjective. Further, there are a lot of people that have had issues with EBC and a lot who have not.

That being said, if they work for you, GREAT. However, they seem to be a bigger risk than other pads where people have not had as many issues.

thanks
brad
Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Why does everything have to turn to an argument with snide remarks?

Brake pads are subjective. Further, there are a lot of people that have had issues with EBC and a lot who have not.

That being said, if they work for you, GREAT. However, they seem to be a bigger risk than other pads where people have not had as many issues.

thanks
brad
Brad I agree with you about the subjectiveness of brake pads, as it is true. Witht that in mind what brake pad would Evosport recomend for a car that is going to be tracked?

Assuming they were on stock rotors and then of course your 2 piece rotors.

I know of VERY few pads that can handle the wieght/heat of ANY AMG toy on the track.

Obviously you know my choice so I was looking at what Evopsort would recomend for the guys that are using your rotors as I am not and don't have a horse in that race.

For a true street car, I have not, nor am I implying that the only choice is EBC, although they have been working great for all of my cars for over 5 years now.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
You and I have disagreed on many subjects in the past.

alas we have another one.

All though I do recognize that you are an avid racer, I can assure you that MANY people in my area enjoy their EBC pads in cars that are MUCH bigger than an Miata and have the ponies to back it up

Your experience may vary depending on your driving style and skill.
Sorry I offended, I am only commenting on personal experience, I ran into rotor trouble a few years back on my M3 with damaged rotors, after some investigating I found several people having similar problems and they were all using EBC pads, my best friend had a Saab Vigen that he tracked and ran into the same problems with EBC pads. I'm glad you enjoy your EBC's and have not seen any trouble, maybe EBC has changed their compound formula, not sure what else I can tell you. All I know is that there are several threads on several sites that cater to all different makes and models that havel experienced the same issues...are all those people wrong? Are they all lying? You can disagree all you want but you will NEVER find a set of EBC pads on one of my cars but ALL of my motorcycles have EBC pads...can't get much more unbiased than that, can you? As for the "subjective" comment, I partially agree, I would most likely not be able to tell the difference between my stock pads and a set od EBCs on my car if running a handfull of laps, the part that is not subjective is pad and rotor life and I factor those things into my decision making process. For the record I run stock OEM brake pads on my Black Series so before you think I'm running some high end pricey super compound brake pad let me tell you that I am not.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-12-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sorry I offended, I am only commenting on personal experience, I ran into rotor trouble a few years back on my M3 with damaged rotors, after some investigating I found several people having similar problems and they were all using EBC pads, my best friend had a Saab Vigen that he tracked and ran into the same problems with EBC pads. I'm glad you enjoy your EBC's and have not seen any trouble, maybe EBC has changed their compound formula, not sure what else I can tell you. All I know is that there are several threads on several sites that cater to all different makes and models that havel experienced the same issues...are all those people wrong? Are they all lying? You can disagree all you want but you will NEVER find a set of EBC pads on one of my cars but ALL of my motorcycles have EBC pads...can't get much more unbiased than that, can you?
It's all good Jrcart And NO I wasn't offended, after all it is only a forum that WAY too many take to heart, ha, ha.

I am with you, in that EBC DOES change their pad formula often. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not

I can only report on what I have seen/driven on the track, and it was all good.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what ones you had or your friends, but I can say that REDS I used 3 years ago at the track were DYNAMITE.

Never faded after a 30 minute session, stocks were go out around 23-25minutes.

Didn't eat my rotors.

And low dust.

Wasn't trying to start or engage in a pissing battle.

Good luck with your racing
Old 11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Brad I agree with you about the subjectiveness of brake pads, as it is true. Witht that in mind what brake pad would Evosport recomend for a car that is going to be tracked?

Assuming they were on stock rotors and then of course your 2 piece rotors.

I know of VERY few pads that can handle the wieght/heat of ANY AMG toy on the track.

Obviously you know my choice so I was looking at what Evopsort would recomend for the guys that are using your rotors as I am not and don't have a horse in that race.

For a true street car, I have not, nor am I implying that the only choice is EBC, although they have been working great for all of my cars for over 5 years now.
depends on the car. We offer PFC, Raybestos, Black Series and others. Different chassis have different options. Also it matters if you are going to use ONE pad for street and track or swap them.

If you give specific chassis I can offer more opinions.

For the W211 E55, we would recommend Raybestos or Porterfields.

thanks
brad
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM

E55 AMG
Well, I called the the guys that made me the two piece rotors and they have confirmed the the Yellow EBC will be ok with their discs. I will report back once run in.