D2 FORGED WHEEL INCIDENT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
D2 FORGED WHEEL INCIDENT

First I want to thank the board for their support on allowing us to post and resolve issues in a public manner. While translation can be lost in emails and with all the technology these days, sometimes a good old phone call goes along way. I had an issue with a D2Forged rim I got second hand that had a manufactures defect. The rim is 7 months old and has never been in foul weather. They have less then 4000 miles on them. I spoke with Derrick (the principal partner) at D2forged and came to a agreeable solution. Derrick is sending me a new lip that I will have replaced by my wheel guy here in Cbus. This is exactly the kind of support you expect when you purchase a wheel or any item of this expense. He stepped up to the plate, acknowledged the issue and came up with a resolution.

I must appologize to all that were interested in getting my wheels......sorry but I am keeping them. They are completely gorgeous wheels and look to be very well built. My one issue will be resolved within the next few weeks.

Thanks Derrick, D2Forged, for doing the right thing and keeping a customer happy!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Happy to hear. It was an interesting read..
Now if only DPE learned to send a sticker with a 4k set of wheels. They certainly lost me as a future customer after chawkins' story.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Kudos to the forum for being the catalyst to get your problem resolved, but the fact remains that they told you to get ****ed until you outed them in front of potential customers.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WayneE
Kudos to the forum for being the catalyst to get your problem resolved, but the fact remains that they told you to get ****ed until you outed them in front of potential customers.
I agree, but apparentley the person sending the PM was a sales person that failed to check with the mgt. on how to handle the situation. That is what is good about public forums, there is power in numbers. I appreciate your comments. For the record, I deleted the thread at the request of Derrick at D2. The mods not mbworld deleted my thread. Again, thatnks for the support.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
We're all in this together, emoving. I'm glad you got your issue resolved.

I'm not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl, but a little transparency is nice for members. Members, not sponsors paying for direct access to enthusiasts, are what make the board relevant and interesting.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
That's why I was wondering if you spoke to Derrick directly. I couldn't imagine him letting that happen.

Great to hear. They do look sick on your car.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
PGT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550 4Matic with P1/LED/Pano
"never deal with underlings"
-Trump
Old 11-17-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by emoving
The rim is 7 months old and has never been in foul weather. They have less then 4000 miles on them. Derrick is sending me a new lip that I will have replaced by my wheel guy here in Cbus. This is exactly the kind of support you expect when you purchase a wheel or any item of this expense.
!
seriously? I don't expect to have any problem in 7 months after purchasing several thousand bucks wheels.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
I read your thread this morning and knew that something was "off". I have known Derrick @ D2 for a long time (I was a customer of his starting 10 years ago) and have bought several wheels from him. along the way there have been some issues (as there always seems to be in the wheel biz) and he ALWAYS took care of it. I knew after eading that thread that Derrick would step up. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. The path of least resistence would be to replace the lip. Problem solved! Sick looking car BTW
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Kudos to Derrick for resolving the issue. However, it still reflects on him (lack of proper training). The company's frontline is very important for customer satisfaction.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R350
Originally Posted by tbone
Kudos to Derrick for resolving the issue. However, it still reflects on him (lack of proper training). The company's frontline is very important for customer satisfaction.
Point taken and I agree, we have grown so much in the last 24months, with the wheel line, and now lifestyle blog, etc that we have had to bring in more sales guys, interns to do forums, etc.

Situations like this require the more "old school" approach of contact: no email, no text, no IM, no PM. Within 20minutes of being alerted to this situation, I was on the phone with emoving and the situation was handled.

Training is a ongoing process so these key learnings will certainly get added to the curriculum!!

The thing that I appreciate about emoving is he accepted that a policy is just that and must be adhered to. However we were able to find a alternate solution that was to his satisfaction, and all is well.

Thanks Tbone for the constructive feedback.

-Derrick

Last edited by D2FORGED; 11-18-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R350
Originally Posted by beauphus
I have known Derrick @ D2 for a long time (I was a customer of his starting 10 years ago) and have bought several wheels from him.
Thanks for the kind words, but JESUS I feel old now. lol
Old 11-18-2010, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Originally Posted by D2FORGED
Point taken and I agree, we have grown so much in the last 24months, with the wheel line, and now lifestyle blog, etc that we have had to bring in more sales guys, interns to do forums, etc.

Situations like this require the more "old school" approach of contact: no email, no text, no IM, no PM. Within 20minutes of being alerted to this situation, I was on the phone with emoving and the situation was handled.

Training is a ongoing process so these key learnings will certainly get added to the curriculum!!

The thing that I appreciate about emoving is he accepted that a policy is just that and must be adhered to. However we were able to find a alternate solution that was to his satisfaction, and all is well.

Thanks Tbone for the constructive feedback.

-Derrick

That is a great response...Ownership of the fault, willingness to take feedback and to learn/grow from it. I'm impressed. Hard to find that now-a-days from a lot of businesses. I may have to check out D2s for my next set of wheels
Old 11-18-2010, 06:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tbone
That is a great response...Ownership of the fault, willingness to take feedback and to learn/grow from it. I'm impressed. Hard to find that now-a-days from a lot of businesses. I may have to check out D2s for my next set of wheels
+1 and as you guys know, I go through cars like underwear. So with that being said, my next set of wheels will be from Derick based on the way he stepped up and took care of this issue! As I said when I was pissed, the wheels are awsome! I just had one small issue! It is resolved and I am in love with them again! Thanks again Derick!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
I'm glad all has been resolved.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
I'm glad all has been resolved.
+1