**** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Five pages of bickering and picking apart someone's accomplishment???

Dodger, Mthis, and Loco ran the numbers posted, period! Further, they backed up their respected times.

Dodger, Congrats on breaking the 10s!!!

Mthis, Congrats on breaking into the 11.1s!!!

Loco, Congrats on breaking well into the 10.8s!!!

Another WIN for this small community!
I couldn't agree more, These runs are fast, made by respected people, and legit. These two guys go out and race all the time. They race, just for the love of it. For that they have my respect and I tip my hat to folks like that.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys all did a great job and my hat is off to you all. I know Dodger has been busting his *** to get to these events and he pretty much does everything himself, he is really dedicated to going fast in his car. He spends his day running around to get things ready, trailer hitch on the truck, do some stuff to his car, juggle his kids and his job and get the word out to people about track rentals and he always speaks highly of everyones accomplishments.

I think you should all be happy that he's out there doing his thing and I am sure that MThis and Loco are going through the same things. I look forward to meeting Mthis and Loco one day soon, congrats on your times and I'm glad you're all having fun.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 PM

SL55 AMG
Congrats to Loco, dodger, mthis. Great job guys! About the 63 in the 10's now...........out of words.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Because they know how to get down the track just like you guys!!! CONGRATS GUYS!
So from your statement I take it that you're infering that I don't know how to drive? The last time I checked consistant 1.55-1.60 60 footers were not too bad...and in fact better than mythis and dodger posted yesterday if I'm not mistaken. Any of you guys starting to see why I'm questioning an 11.1 with headers and tune only? If mythis truelly and honestly acheived an 11.1 with only headers and a tune I appologize and give him props, hell, I give him props any way, like I posted yesterday an 11.1 is an 11.1, I never was questioning the ET or inferring that he did not run an 11.1. What I do find amusing is that a couple years ago I posted a Non-Nitrous 11.3 pass with slips, video and other MB World members present as witnesses and they even helped me disconnect and remove the bottle from my trunk, yet several members on this board accused me of having a hidden nitrous bottle or alternate sneaky pete system in my car, they could not grasp the thought of a 11.3 NA pass by a 63. Their accusations bothered and hurt me, adn I'm sure my questioning mythis's time it's bothering and hurting him. Please keep in mind that at that time of my 11.3 I was running longtube headers, cat delete, AMG performance studio intake(very rare protoype unit) and a 103 octane race fuel ecu tune, not to mention a car that weighed in at just over 3650 pounds on 17 inch MT street E/T's. I would also like to add that I have run my car in nearly -1500 DA conditions (MIR Nov. 2008) so I'm not buying into everyone giving sole credit to yesterdays -1300 DA. So now I ask you this, please hear me out and honestly consider where I'm coming from. Based on my 300-400 pound lighter car, more significant mods and running in similar or maybe even better conditions and near equal 60ft times can any of you see why I am questioning an 11.1 pass claiming headers and a tune only?

That's where I'm coming from, It's not "hate" or jealousy that is making me question him, it's facts and experience that is making me question him. Regardless of the state of tune I'm sincerly happy for these guys, and I mean that. I'm not a "hater" at all, I'm actually very pleased about it.

Some History:

A lot of you guys are new or newer on this board, most of you were not around back when the 63 motors were introduced. The 55 guys had nothing but negative crap to say about the 63 powerplant, it got real ugly at times. Their famous and common words were "No 63 will ever be as quick as a 55". Well I was the first guy to really start seriously modding a 63, during my entire build, which by the way was posted in an entire thread in the Black Series section, for all the world to see each and every mod, I was constanly reminded by the 55 guys that my 63 "sucked" and would never be serious competition for the 55. Here's what happened next, one by one I started knocking down 55's, some quick 55's. I attend track events all over the country and at several of these events I had the quickest AMG at the event, even events filled with a dozen or more modded 55's my 63 would come out at or near the top. At an event at Famoso a year and a half ago there were literally dozens of MB world guys and several of the quickest 55's on the west coast, at the end of the day I believe I had the quickest MB at the event running consistant back to back to back hot lap 11.0's(on nitrous), I believe the only car that beat my time that day was a modded porsche awd 996 twin turbo. That day I acheived those 11.0's in temps that reached 80 degrees. I had finally gained some respect for the 63 by putting a 63 into or near the top 10 all time quickest MB passes of all time. I have since added further mods to my car and I have since gone quicker. On one hand I care about the "records" and on another hand I don't. My goal is the overall MB record, if and when I ever achieve that I will let everyone know and post up vids and slips and corrisponding V-Box data and synced vids but until then I will be cheering on all you 63 guys...no hating here.

Last edited by jrcart; 12-03-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
jrcart

Could it be that your final drive ratio is also different.. 2.82:1 vs 2.65:1.
Is that why you running 17's?

Last edited by sighting; 12-03-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I never doubted you our even said a word about anyones accomplishments other then congrats so.. With that said leave me alone.. Go bark at the people that talked ***** about you not a couple of guys that are hustling hard busting there a$$ to do this stuff.. Doesn't that sound fair!!

Originally Posted by jrcart
So from your statement I take it that you're infering that I don't know how to drive? The last time I checked consistant 1.55-1.60 60 footers were not too bad...and in fact better than mythis and dodger posted yesterday if I'm not mistaken. Any of you guys starting to see why I'm questioning an 11.1 with headers and tune only? If mythis truelly and honestly acheived an 11.1 with only headers and a tune I appologize and give him props, hell, I give him props any way, like I posted yesterday an 11.1 is an 11.1, I never was questioning the ET or inferring that he did not run an 11.1. What I do find amusing is that a couple years ago I posted a Non-Nitrous 11.3 pass with slips, video and other MB World members present as witnesses and they even helped me disconnect and remove the bottle from my trunk, yet several members on this board accused me of having a hidden nitrous bottle or alternate sneaky pete system in my car, they could not grasp the thought of a 11.3 NA pass by a 63. Their accusations bothered and hurt me, adn I'm sure my questioning mythis's time it's bothering and hurting him. Please keep in mind that at that time of my 11.3 I was running longtube headers, cat delete, AMG performance studio intake(very rare protoype unit) and a 103 octane race fuel ecu tune, not to mention a car that weighed in at just over 3650 pounds on 17 inch MT street E/T's. I would also like to add that I have run my car in nearly -1500 DA conditions (MIR Nov. 2008) so I'm not buying into everyone giving sole credit to yesterdays -1300 DA. So now I ask you this, please hear me out and honestly consider where I'm coming from. Based on my 300-400 pound lighter car, more significant mods and running in similar or maybe even better conditions and near equal 60ft times can any of you see why I am questioning an 11.1 pass claiming headers and a tune only?

That's where I'm coming from, It's not "hate" or jealousy that is making me question him, it's facts and experience that is making me question him. Regardless of the state of tune I'm sincerly happy for these guys, and I mean that. I'm not a "hater" at all, I'm actually very pleased about it.

Some History:

A lot of you guys are new or newer on this board, most of you were not around back when the 63 motors were introduced. The 55 guys had nothing but negative crap to say about the 63 powerplant, it got real ugly at times. Their famous and common words were "No 63 will ever be as quick as a 55". Well I was the first guy to really start seriously modding a 63, during my entire build, which by the way was posted in an entire thread in the Black Series section, for all the world to see each and every mod, I was constanly reminded by the 55 guys that my 63 "sucked" and would never be serious competition for the 55. Here's what happened next, one by one I started knocking down 55's, some quick 55's. I attend track events all over the country and at several of these events I had the quickest AMG at the event, even events filled with a dozen or more modded 55's my 63 would come out at or near the top. At an event at Famoso a year and a half ago there were literally dozens of MB world guys and several of the quickest 55's on the west coast, at the end of the day I believe I had the quickest MB at the event running consistant back to back to back hot lap 11.0's(on nitrous), I believe the only car that beat my time that day was a modded porsche awd 996 twin turbo. That day I acheived those 11.0's in temps that reached 80 degrees. I had finally gained some respect for the 63 by putting a 63 into or near the top 10 all time quickest MB passes of all time. I have since added further mods to my car and I have since gone quicker. On one hand I care about the "records" and on another hand I don't. My goal is the overall MB record, if and when I ever achieve that I will let everyone know and post up vids and slips and corrisponding V-Box data and synced vids but until then I will be cheering on all you 63 guys...no hating here.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
You should talk to a professional about the hurt and anger built up inside you.. It could help.. And then maybe we wouldn't have to hear you call out b/s from behind your keyboard when someone does something better then you., I don't no you how old you are anything but sure seems to me like you really need to grow up! Why don't you call mthis or me and maybe we can help you get your car running better if I had 1.5* 60' and didn't run 10.8s I prob would stop drag racing

Some History:

Old 12-03-2010, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dodger63
You should talk to a professional about the hurt and anger built up inside you.. It could help.. And then maybe we wouldn't have to hear you call out b/s from behind your keyboard when someone does something better then you., I don't no you how old you are anything but sure seems to me like you really need to grow up! Why don't you call mthis or me and maybe we can help you get your car running better if I had 1.5* 60' and didn't run 10.8s I prob would stop drag racing
Keep flapping your jaws big man....
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dodger63
Why don't you call mthis or me and maybe we can help you get your car running better if I had 1.5* 60' and didn't run 10.8s I prob would stop drag racing
10.8's LOL, been there, done that!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
10.8's LOL, been there, done that!
And if you did I would be happy and try to learn from you but since your sour I have no need I hope life gives you everything you want..

But my car ran 10.99 traps over 127 header and tune only with about $10,000.00 in mods so.. At the end of this day I am happy. How about you
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM

P-Carro
VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS!!

M-this Run! Sorry Dont have your new PB pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYBW6UBBJdU

Dodger63 11.1 Pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1BmEEdgZoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-veQCK3aos

Mike you would have gone quicker if you didn't waste your time inside your truck going back and fourth with this childish BS from people that are hurt by your accomplishments, believe me you are their idol somewhere in their little world so just enjoy your fast car and keep making it faster

Last edited by LOCO 05' E55; 12-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by sighting
jrcart

Could it be that your final drive ratio is also different.. 2.82:1 vs 2.65:1.
Is that why you running 17's?
The size of the wheel doesn't really matter as much as the height of the tire does. I think he runs 17's because his brakes are big.

I was a doubter of the 63 when they first came out. But people like Mike and Hagi have turned me into a believer! lol

If someone wanted to build a 9 second benz it is very doable. Just takes a bit of money. And I'm not talking $200k either.

Jrcart, go out there and run a number for me to chase before I get rid of my car!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
The size of the wheel doesn't really matter as much as the height of the tire does. I think he runs 17's because his brakes are big.

I was a doubter of the 63 when they first came out. But people like Mike and Hagi have turned me into a believer! lol

If someone wanted to build a 9 second benz it is very doable. Just takes a bit of money. And I'm not talking $200k either.

Jrcart, go out there and run a number for me to chase before I get rid of my car!
Thank you not only are you the man you are also a gentlmen
Old 12-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

How wide can you run on the back with the black?
I did not see allot of skinny soft wall 17" MT's.

Does anyone have race data on the 1/4 mile run that shows gearing/speed/distance overlay?

Because it would be easy to calculate the right gearing needed.
Or just changing out the final drive to get it closer.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Their accusations bothered and hurt me, adn I'm sure my questioning mythis's time it's bothering and hurting him. Please keep in mind that at that time of my 11.3 I was running longtube headers, cat delete, AMG performance studio intake(very rare protoype unit) and a 103 octane race fuel ecu tune, not to mention a car that weighed in at just over 3650 pounds on 17 inch MT street E/T's. I would also like to add that I have run my car in nearly -1500 DA conditions (MIR Nov. 2008) so I'm not buying into everyone giving sole credit to yesterdays -1300 DA. So now I ask you this, please hear me out and honestly consider where I'm coming from. Based on my 300-400 pound lighter car, more significant mods and running in similar or maybe even better conditions and near equal 60ft times can any of you see why I am questioning an 11.1 pass claiming headers and a tune only?
Good post Jim and I understand where you're coming from especially that you've got so many passes under your belt Here is my take on some of the points you mentioned.... this is only my personal opinion and some suggestions so I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone.

Mthis ran 11.19, which is practically an 11.2 not an 11.1. Most of his runs that day were in the 11.20s range. When he ran in near zero DA, he got 11.38, so it is not inconceivable that his car dropped 0.2 seconds in -1500 ft difference in DA. Also, they had very low humidity yesterday. I'm not sure how low humidity was on the day you raced but that could factor in as well.

Mthis's car, I believe, weights 3850 to 3900 lbs. The stock CLK63 BS advertised weight was 3880 lbs. I recall more than a few times you saying that most of the weight savings you've done have been canceled out by the weight you added inside the car especially when you ran the record times If your car weights 3700 to 3800 lbs, then most likely the weight of both cars is very close.

In addition, you have a completely different header design and completely different tune than Mthis. Is it enough to make him a little bit quicker/faster? It's certainly possible. However, to be able to say for sure whether it is not possible for him to run those times with just certain mods or even not likely, one would have to install the same mods on both cars in order eliminate as many variables as possible. In this case, there are way too many varying factors to consider.

By the way, in my opinion, I think your car would've ran 10.90 or better had you joined them yesterday
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Good post thanks.

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Good post Jim and I understand where you're coming from especially that you've got so many passes under your belt Here is my take on some of the points you mentioned.... this is only my personal opinion and some suggestions so I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone.

Mthis ran 11.19, which is practically an 11.2 not an 11.1. Most of his runs that day were in the 11.20s range. When he ran in near zero DA, he got 11.38, so it is not inconceivable that his car dropped 0.2 seconds in -1500 ft difference in DA. Also, they had very low humidity yesterday. I'm not sure how low humidity was on the day you raced but that could factor in as well.

Mthis's car, I believe, weights 3850 to 3900 lbs. The stock CLK63 BS advertised weight was 3880 lbs. I recall more than a few times you saying that most of the weight savings you've done have been canceled out by the weight you added inside the car especially when you ran the record times If your car weights 3700 to 3800 lbs, then most likely the weight of both cars is very close.

In addition, you have a completely different header design and completely different tune than Mthis. Is it enough to make him a little bit quicker/faster? It's certainly possible. However, to be able to say for sure whether it is not possible for him to run those times with just certain mods or even not likely, one would have to install the same mods on both cars in order eliminate as many variables as possible. In this case, there are way too many varying factors to consider.

By the way, in my opinion, I think your car would've ran 10.90 or better had you joined them yesterday
Old 12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Das Geld
Because he's spraying 250 Shots.
Watch some video's of the pure street class at NMRA events and theres no nitrous or any kind of forced induction. Those cars cut 1.2X 60ft times and thats with the back wheels. Type Ryan Hecox or Teddy Weaver into youtube and watch the videos.Math equations mean nothing when you watch a car do it...
Old 12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
the funny part about all this is that you guys can only run these times with drag radials, skinnys, good track prep, optimum weather conditions and for some pulling the seats out. Doesn't say much for what you can do consistently on the street - where it really matters when someone pulls up next to you and wants a go. Just sayin... These times are really not a good indicator of what your cars are capable of in real world situations day in, day out.
Of course I'm glad to see what times you guys are producing and the fact that you are bringing the 63 platform to a new level....but I think this all needs to be taken with a grain of salt - now lemme just go find that nomex suit...

Last edited by LZH; 12-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
Isnt ATCO a fast track too?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
the funny part about all this is that you guys can only run these times with drag radials, skinnys, good track prep, optimum weather conditions and for some pulling the seats out. Doesn't say much for what you can do consistently on the street - where it really matters when someone pulls up next to you and wants a go. Just sayin... These times are really not a good indicator of what your cars are capable of in real world situations day in, day out.
Of course I'm glad to see what times you guys are producing and the fact that you are bringing the 63 platform to a new level....but I think this all needs to be taken with a grain of salt - now lemme just go find that nomex suit...
It's just not worth it to race on the streets anymore these days especially with all the laws and fines they keep piling on. Too much of a risk and too much of a hassle It's a lot more fun on the drag strip

By the way, Mthis's car is as close to "driven-as-is" as possible. I'm not sure if he drives on drag radials or not but he does have no weight reductions. He ran 11.19 in great weather and 11.4 in good weather, and 11.5 to 11.6 in average or worse weather. Not too bad for the little C-Class AMG

I think with cams and possibly head work, dodger's car (along with Keith and others) will be able to run 10s a lot easier than they do right now
Old 12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Agreed...but by that logic (cops/speeding) every penny spent on a street car for the track is wasted - ESPECIALLY if running 10's is your goal when you could have spent that money on a dedicated track car and then we'd all be driving Prisus' on the street. Again, just saying...to each his own. I just like to know that what my car does on a road course, can be duplicated on the street and take down just about anything on a canyon run.

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It's just not worth it to race on the streets anymore these days especially with all the laws and fines they keep piling on. Too much of a risk and too much of a hassle It's a lot more fun on the drag strip

By the way, Mthis's car is as close to "driven-as-is" as possible. I'm not sure if he drives on drag radials or not but he does have no weight reductions. He ran 11.19 in great weather and 11.4 in good weather, and 11.5 to 11.6 in average or worse weather. Not too bad for the little C-Class AMG

I think with cams and possibly head work, dodger's car (along with Keith and others) will be able to run 10s a lot easier than they do right now

Last edited by LZH; 12-03-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM

E63
Originally Posted by LZH
No one runs anything good without "good track prep", good weather, drag radials, etc. All factors have to be in place to run well at the strip or you're just not going to run well period.

Actually mthis didn't pull his seat out or use skinnies, still ran 11.19@125.51 but those are minor mods anyway.

Your logic also means whatever jrcart has done has to be taken with a grain of salt as well since he uses DRs, races on prepped surfaces, etc. Not only him but EVERY record holder regardless of make/model of vehicle. This is how records are set. They aren't made in TX in July on stock tires.

What about lightweight racing seats, if 2 of those equal 1 stock seat lb for lb doesn't that balance things out?

Let's all go to the desert in 130F air and run on stock tires illegally? I don't think anyone would care about those results. Drag racing is drag racing and it was done the way it's supposed to at ATCO on 12/02/10.

Last edited by RStevens63; 12-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 PM

E63
Originally Posted by LZH
Agreed...but by that logic (cops/speeding) every penny spent on a street car for the track is wasted - ESPECIALLY if running 10's is your goal when you could have spent that money on a dedicated track car and then we'd all be driving Prisus' on the street. Again, just saying...to each his own. I just like to know that what my car does on a road course, can be duplicated on the street and take down just about anything on a canyon run.
What this has to do with legal drag racing (the topic at hand) I'm not so sure. Moreso dodger and mthis both run DRs on the street.

You never get anywhere close to what you can on a road course driving on the street (unless you're 16 and we know you're not) as far as pushing limits, I just don't see a legit comparison here...

Last, I would never own a Prius, I'd rather walk.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:49 PM

E63
Originally Posted by AWOL
Isnt ATCO a fast track too?
The same could be said for Sac with their timing equipment and sea level altitude.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
Maybe the street matters to you not as much to me.. That's ehy lifes so fun we are all different my car does just fine on the street next to so called super cars dint you worry..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****