**** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
the funny part about all this is that you guys can only run these times with drag radials, skinnys, good track prep, optimum weather conditions and for some pulling the seats out. Doesn't say much for what you can do consistently on the street - where it really matters when someone pulls up next to you and wants a go. Just sayin... These times are really not a good indicator of what your cars are capable of in real world situations day in, day out.
Of course I'm glad to see what times you guys are producing and the fact that you are bringing the 63 platform to a new level....but I think this all needs to be taken with a grain of salt - now lemme just go find that nomex suit...
Maybe the street matters to you not as much to me.. That's ehy lifes so fun we are all different my car does just fine on the street next to so called super cars dont you worry..
Old 12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
Agreed...but by that logic (cops/speeding) every penny spent on a street car for the track is wasted - ESPECIALLY if running 10's is your goal when you could have spent that money on a dedicated track car and then we'd all be driving Prisus' on the street. Again, just saying...to each his own. I just like to know that what my car does on a road course, can be duplicated on the street and take down just about anything on a canyon run.
I did rather well at pocono raceway!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Good for you...I'm not worried at all and glad you enjoy your car.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Only difference for me between track and street is tire pressure and skinnies in front so what's your point?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
and just think I was about to take power nap

Old 12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by dodger63
Only difference for me between track and street is tire pressure and skinnies in front so what's your point?
Well skinnies for one and you run drag radials on the street all the time ? You take road trips on DR's and drive in the snow/ice on the east coast ???
Old 12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
and just think I was about to take power nap

It's not like that.. If you reread this thread im sure everyone will come to the same conclusion of what happened hear.. I'm out good luck all see you in the spring with better times I hope!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
Well skinnies for one and you run drag radials on the street all the time ? You take road trips on DR's and drive in the snow/ice on the east coast ???
It's called my second car for a reason.. I split the drive time between c63 and dodge ram. I really never drove my car in the snow no need to chance it with 2 four wheel drive vehicles in the driveway. I do drive most of the time with drags on it since I like it to hook up! If the mickes have tread there good in the rain! Like I said the difference in every track run but the last is skinnies.. Last I dropped the seat cause I could see my car doing something... And I was right!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It's just not worth it to race on the streets anymore these days especially with all the laws and fines they keep piling on. Too much of a risk and too much of a hassle It's a lot more fun on the drag strip

By the way, Mthis's car is as close to "driven-as-is" as possible. I'm not sure if he drives on drag radials or not but he does have no weight reductions. He ran 11.19 in great weather and 11.4 in good weather, and 11.5 to 11.6 in average or worse weather. Not too bad for the little C-Class AMG

I think with cams and possibly head work, dodger's car (along with Keith and others) will be able to run 10s a lot easier than they do right now
i run nitto 555R (DR'S) allday everyday summer spring fall winter.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
i dont know about him but i drive with DR's in the snow. and not for nothing they work beter then the stock 255 summer tires.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
LZH
Banned

LOL - you guys are nuts...ok then; I now have newfound respect for you running your track gear on the street.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
LOL - you guys are nuts...ok then; I now have newfound respect for you running your track gear on the street.
These tires are better street tires then most if the tires out there and reasonably inexpensive. It's not track gear it's a damn good idea.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
lol tnx i find it beter in my pocket this way.

the nittos i ran yesterday i have been running them since i forgot when,
i have 6-7K mile on them plus 5 track rentals at 15 burnouts (each track rental) at 5-7 sec each burnout.

plus they cost $470 installed.

if i were to go with stock p zeros they are 280 a pop plus install and they only last 4-5K most.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
All this talk about us isn't jrcarts car not even registered?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
All this talk about us isn't jrcarts car not even registered?
no his car is a TRUE DTC.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by mthis
no his car is a TRUE DTC.
Really I heard that from somewere along time ago.. Wow a true dtc Fu@k if we were so lucky good for you if that's true!

I guess he can't even play in the real world then?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Every track rental I have been to at MIR, either mthis or Mike have both been there. They drive down from NY, make like a 100 passes, and then drive back and they run their car at the track basically as it was driven down. We are talking an easy 5 hour trip down and back from NY to MIR. Both these guys are legit and if they don't make you want an MHP C63, I don't know what does!! It is a shame to see people question their credibility.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by 930chas
Every track rental I have been to at MIR, either mthis or Mike have both been there. They drive down from NY, make like a 100 passes, and then drive back and they run their car at the track basically as it was driven down. We are talking an easy 5 hour trip down and back from NY to MIR. Both these guys are legit and if they don't make you want an MHP C63, I don't know what does!! It is a shame to see people question their credibility.
Thank you, it's nice to see some nice people around still! That can give someone props instead of trying to tear then apart peice by peice
Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
Agreed...but by that logic (cops/speeding) every penny spent on a street car for the track is wasted - ESPECIALLY if running 10's is your goal when you could have spent that money on a dedicated track car and then we'd all be driving Prisus' on the street. Again, just saying...to each his own. I just like to know that what my car does on a road course, can be duplicated on the street and take down just about anything on a canyon run.
I think we all still want to drive a nice car daily despite of how fast or slow it is Just because we don't race on the street doesn't mean we should throw it away. I'm sure from time to time, one will engage in a short freeway run or short street race, but the other 99% of the time, the fun race is on the track. I hear many people bring up that argument: that if you want the quickest/fastest ever or dedicated track car, buy a supra or viper or whatever. But it's not always about getting the quickest/fastest dedicated track car out there; sometimes, you want to make your own car go as quick and as fast as you can regardless of make, model, speed, etc.... it's fun

These C63 guys here happen to have a C63, and they are trying to make it as quick and as fast as they can yet still be able to drive it. Just like you, I'm glad they are going this fast and wish they could go even faster. In fact, I know they will

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I bought a brand new sawsall I tin snips!!!!

I think we all still want to drive a nice car daily despite of how fast or slow it is Just because we don't race on the street doesn't mean we should throw it away. I'm sure from time to time, one will engage in a short freeway run or short street race, but the other 99% of the time, the fun race is on the track. I hear many people bring up that argument: that if you want the quickest/fastest ever or dedicated track car, buy a supra or viper or whatever. But it's not always about getting the quickest/fastest dedicated track car out there; sometimes, you want to make your own car go as quick and as fast as you can regardless of make, model, speed, etc.... it's fun

These C63 guys here happen to have a C63, and they are trying to make it as quick and as fast as they can yet still be able to drive it. Just like you, I'm glad they are going that fast and wish they could go even faster. In fact, I know they will
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by 930chas
thank you very much coming from a well know member like you this means alot all you guys from mir are great ppl, everytime i come down there its beter then the last time, looking foward to next track event next season.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Watch some video's of the pure street class at NMRA events and theres no nitrous or any kind of forced induction. Those cars cut 1.2X 60ft times and thats with the back wheels. Type Ryan Hecox or Teddy Weaver into youtube and watch the videos.Math equations mean nothing when you watch a car do it...
Those cars don't weigh 3300-3500 pounds as was stated earlier either.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

These C63 guys here happen to have a C63, and they are trying to make it as quick and as fast as they can yet still be able to drive it. Just like you, I'm glad they are going that fast and wish they could go even faster. In fact, I know they will
idk MO, i think my car did its duty, unless i do something else it wont get any faster,

the lightweight stuff really works but idk if i wanna spend 5G's on lightweight's or spend it on cams

lightweight's hood rotors and skinnies are worth .040 on 60' so that a good .1 now cams wont get beter 60' but down the str8 line 70-85rw more will deff get .4 off the ET.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mthis
idk MO, i think my car did its duty, unless i do something else it wont get any faster,

the lightweight stuff really works but idk if i wanna spend 5G's on lightweight's or spend it on cams

lightweight's hood rotors and skinnies are worth .040 on 60' so that a good .1 now cams wont get beter 60' but down the str8 line 70-85rw more will deff get .4 off the ET.
I say definitely go for cams.... it's not even a question . You can always get the other stuff later, but the cams look like they'll be a limited edition run. I always like to add as much power as I can first, then start looking into weight reduction and other improvements.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:24 PM
LZH
Banned

Thank you, it's nice to see some nice people around still! That can give someone props instead of trying to tear then apart peice by peice
Dude - give it a rest already. As much as you feel that people are trying to "tear you apart piece by piece" you are also being a bit overly sensitive to people asking questions and wanting to know more...if that comes across to you as people doubting the legitimacy of your claims, then perhaps you shouldn't post about it in a public forum. Just because this in a forum for enthusiasts, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree and jump into your ego stroking bonding session about 1/4 mile times - Jesus man We all come here for different reasons - Personally I get a lot of entertainment reading and posting here and I don't feel the need to constantly update the board about each and every thing I do in my life, with my car, mods, etc. In fact, I just had some work done on my car today and you don't see me posting about it, going out and timing runs, dyno sheets, etc....because I do what I do with my car for ME and ME alone...not to have a bunch of dudes I don't know on the internet tell me how great it is.
I'm done here man...this place is really getting way to full of people who take themselves WAY too seriously and have WAY too much free time on their hands.

Last edited by LZH; 12-03-2010 at 07:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****