Sponsored by:

New Owner of 2007 E63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 E63
New Owner of 2007 E63!

After reading off and on this forum for about the last 6 months I finally pulled the trigger on a 2007 E63. Attached are a few pics from the dealer as I have yet to get a chance to take pictures with my camera... but has Premium 2 package, pano roof, parktronic.

loving the car, unfortunately didnt have an owners manual but one is on the way so trying to figure things out since this is my first mercedes to own.

Couple questions if you guys don't mind...

#1) fog lights, i noticed once its on auto the fogs dont come on but if you swtich past auto the fogs come on... is that still auto mode? Or do i have to manually keep turning it back and forth when i get in and out of the car to drive with the fogs on?

#2) the other night when I got it, pulled into a friends driveway and only one fog was on... weird but every other time i check both are on?

#3) the a/c anyway to make it so i can set the temperature for both the front passengers? for example my gf had it on 90 and i had it on 75 but when she got out of the car is it still blowing 90 degrees heat at AUTO on her side?

#4) the car automatically locks once you walk away from it if you don't lock it manually with the fob right? I like not ever having to get the key out of your pocket at all... so just walk up unlock, push to start, get out leave... is it locked? how far away is it when it locks? anyway to make the lights flash when i am far enough away knowing that it locks? just wondering cause my garage is right beside my house and wondering if its really locked outside... with me in here

#5) Regarding lighting, love the bright lights... saw some posts on changing out the lighting... now my main driving lights are bright blue (from factory I assume), the city lights the one in the middle are a blueish color too but not very bright, then the fog lights are a bright white bulb. What do you guys recommend to make them all match up or for the best look?

Last edited by rhwd2003; 01-16-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by rhwd2003
After reading off and on this forum for about the last 6 months I finally pulled the trigger on a 2007 E63. Attached are a few pics from the dealer as I have yet to get a chance to take pictures with my camera... but has Premium 2 package, pano roof, parktronic.

loving the car, unfortunately didnt have an owners manual but one is on the way so trying to figure things out since this is my first mercedes to own.

WELCOME -- NICE CAR

#1) fog lights, i noticed once its on auto the fogs dont come on but if you swtich past auto the fogs come on... is that still auto mode? Or do i have to manually keep turning it back and forth when i get in and out of the car to drive with the fogs on?

IF its like my 55 you have to do it manually

#2) the other night when I got it, pulled into a friends driveway and only one fog was on... weird but every other time i check both are on?

I believe that is a feature that turns the fogs on for cornering. SO when you turn the fog associated with that direction turns on

#3) the a/c anyway to make it so i can set the temperature for both the front passengers? for example my gf had it on 90 and i had it on 75 but when she got out of the car is it still blowing 90 degrees heat at AUTO on her side?

Its dual zone always -- its not like my old lexus where i hit the dual button and it defaults to the driver setting

#4) the car automatically locks once you walk away from it if you don't lock it manually with the fob right? I like not ever having to get the key out of your pocket at all... so just walk up unlock, push to start, get out leave... is it locked? how far away is it when it locks? anyway to make the lights flash when i am far enough away knowing that it locks? just wondering cause my garage is right beside my house and wondering if its really locked outside... with me in here

Do you have keyless to go (push button start) ? If so just hit the button on any of the doors when you get out and it will lock

#5) Regarding lighting, love the bright lights... saw some posts on changing out the lighting... now my main driving lights are bright blue (from factory I assume), the city lights the one in the middle are a blueish color too but not very bright, then the fog lights are a bright white bulb. What do you guys recommend to make them all match up or for the best look?
For interior lighting and other settings you can adjust some settings in the menu on the center speedo screen
Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
07 E63 Owner manual

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...lass_sedan.pdf
Old 01-16-2011, 12:45 PM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)

When set to auto mode, you cannot activate the fogs. Only at the parking lamp or head lamp manual mode.

If you don't turn the fogs on, they act as corning lamps. If you turn at slow speed or place your turn signal on, the corresponding lamp will light.

The auto is for the fan speed and blower direction. You still set the temp with the up and down arrows.

It is not locked. Press the black button in the handle to lock the door if you have your Keyless Go fob in your pocket.

On my 08 the city lights and headlights match in color. I've tried a 4000K bulb for my fogs but they look the same as the ones I pulled out. I have the same question as you so we'll see what someone else says.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the 07 E63 AMG manual in PDF.

Todd
Old 01-16-2011, 12:45 PM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
Or get the link that was posted while I was typing!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
nice purchase and welcome. I'm sure you will have loads of fun with it.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
Welcome, and congrats!

I'm in the Louisville area. Holler if you are up this way and let's get the cars together!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:25 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: New 07 E63

Congrats and welcome aboard. I've had mine for almost 2 years and am still as smitten as the day I bought it. 07 E63's rock.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
when you need the 2 piece rotors let me know. i have a set thats like new and need them to be gone!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by lawguy
Welcome, and congrats!

I'm in the Louisville area. Holler if you are up this way and let's get the cars together!
Grab me on your way to Louisville and yes let's get them together
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Congrats!

All the questions you asked will be answered once you download the manual from the MBUSA website that was already posted.

The car has some unintuitive ways of doing things, but after a while it'll all make sense. But there are a lot of 'hidden' things that won't be so apparent at first.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Congrats.

I have been loving mine since I bought it new.

Just turned over 66666 miles.

I have never taken such good care of a car in my life.

Figuring out all the keyless go tricks is "tricky"

How many miles on it?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Congrats on the beauty! The actual headquarters for CarMax is 6 miles from my house and they tried to gyp me on an e55 I was looking at, so I hope you got a good deal out of them! Let us know if you have any concerns which need to be addressed quickly or else it should all be in the manual
Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
When I bought mine the dealer put a sticker above the rear badge with their name... hope they removed yours, i think its verrrryyyyy tacky.. other than that, gratz on the car. should fulfill your needs for years to come.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 AM

'07 E63
Thanks guy for the replies and the link to the manual I really appreciate it. I read through it alot last night still couldn't figure out how to drive with fogs on but without having to manually turn off & on the lights each time I stop/start the car.

Btw, here are a few more better pictures then the dealer ones. Car has 39k miles on it.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
There is no way to turn the fog lights on automatically. It requires pulling the light switch out one click to turn them on. Why do you want to drive with them on they are "FOG" lights?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
SOME ANSWERS

1. Although Auto mode for headlights, not with Fogs. They need to be turned on manually each time, meaning crank headlight switch to right, then pull it out one notch for front fogs, two notches for rear fogs. Sorry but that's just the way it is. Though, you can have a stereo shop wire up the fogs to be constantly on with headlights though.
2. Fog lights are cornering. Turn the wheel a certain direction then it pops on.
3. Temp should not be greater than 5 degrees difference, too hard on evaporator/condenser.
4. Car will NOT lock or unlock by itself. You need to press black button (located on every handle.) This is a dual function, meaning it will unlock doors when ready to enter car, or lock after you have finished driving & are parking it. Press the button, simple.
5. Yes the 63's city lights from the factory are slightly blue-whitish - looks much better. Try -- ijdmtoy.com for fog light bulbs to match.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Welcome to the AMG Family my friend. Enjoy your E63.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 PM

'07 E63
@jpohl402 thanks a ton for your answers!

Regarding figuring out if my nav & command are up to date is this something I can do myself or do I need to go to the dealer to pay for them? Is a comand update required as well? Any insight into this would be helpful as I haven't found the exact answer in the searches.

Last edited by rhwd2003; 01-17-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
May I ask what you paid for the car ? (pm me if you prefer not to post openly)
Edit: Thanks for the pm !

The forum doesn't allow discussion of torrents re nav discs anymore, that's why nothing showed up in your search.

Unless there are a lot of road changes in your area, the disc that came with your car should suffice ( probably a 2006.2 or 1 yr newer, depending on the cars build date)

Last edited by starbrite; 01-18-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM

07 E63
Ive had mine for 2 years...

and still love it. The Nav sucks, other than that, the '07s rock!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM

'07 E63
Ok guys, here is a good laugh for you. This morning in the rain my laptop is in the back of my car and getting out for work and pop the trunk. Now I swore the other day when I hit the lock button on the trunk it locked all the doors and then I had to push the close button for it to close down. We'll this morning I was in a hurry since it was raining and hit the lock button as i reached down to get my laptop and WOMP the trunk nails me in the back of my head and I move back and it continues to close with no resistance.. lol. Good thing my hand wasnt in the way. So then it closes, I then have to open it up again and grab my laptop. Then I step back and hit the lock button and figure out that it closes the trunk and then locks the doors at the end.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Ok guys, here is a good laugh for you. This morning in the rain my laptop is in the back of my car and getting out for work and pop the trunk. Now I swore the other day when I hit the lock button on the trunk it locked all the doors and then I had to push the close button for it to close down. We'll this morning I was in a hurry since it was raining and hit the lock button as i reached down to get my laptop and WOMP the trunk nails me in the back of my head and I move back and it continues to close with no resistance.. lol. Good thing my hand wasnt in the way. So then it closes, I then have to open it up again and grab my laptop. Then I step back and hit the lock button and figure out that it closes the trunk and then locks the doors at the end.
I thought it was design to work that way...press the red lock button on the trunk and trunk will close than it will lock all doors.

That how it work on all my MB.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 PM

07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
Newbie! You pissed off ur car by underestimating it's intelligence. So it slapped you in the back of the head. Lol, too funny.

Seriously tho, sorry that happened. I've had it on other cars when the hood or trunk struts fail. It's hurts like a sob!

Welcome to the community and you'll love every minute of your 63. Then ull wanna mod it, that's where the REAL fun begins.
Aj