W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever had an AMG poser brag to you about his car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
Ever had an AMG poser brag to you about his car?

I unfortunately had such an opportunity arise this morning. So earlier today at work I went back to my car to grab my pipe (I smoke tobacco pipes, and the occasional "herbs") anyways inside the garage I noticed a guy with a c300 parking next to my car. I gave him a quick compliment about how clean his car was since it was white w/pano and had a set of brabus mono VI reps on it with a decent drop. This opened the flood gates...

This guy goes on and on about how his car was tuned by some master tech at the AMG factory thats why he has AMG badges on it SOOO me being a smart *** I asked him why he has 6.3l badges if his motor isnt even a 6.3? the douchebag confidently says that the dealer had to "stamp" the car as a c63 to get it imported from Germany. He then goes on to tell me that his car is as fast as a c63 and that he could probably even take my E55! I calmly told him there's no chance in hell of that happening so he tells me that I am just jealous because he has a specially tuned c300. needless to say the convo was getting ridiculous so I told him I needed to get back to work and walked away laughing my *** OFF!! I couldn't believe the ignorance of this idiot hahaha

Last edited by AMG_RL; 02-14-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
ROFL, you should have told him to take you for a drive in his BEAST. Than take him for a drive in your beast... he'd probably **** himself...haha (of course if it wasnt for work)
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I would have just played along with him and let him tell his little story and start drooling and tell him how way cool it all sounds. Let him get all fuzzy and warm inside and then let out a big fart while he's still talking. Then burp and walk away.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Wow. You in California lol?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 AM

E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
Originally Posted by tbal
ROFL, you should have told him to take you for a drive in his BEAST. Than take him for a drive in your beast... he'd probably **** himself...haha (of course if it wasnt for work)
man I wish I could of but I had a long day ahead of me and I really didn't wanna waste anymore time with the guy, im sure that would have finally shut him up though lol

Originally Posted by mikey33
Wow. You in California lol?
I wonder how you guessed that right? hahahaaha
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
You know what, Just a few weeks ago I did.. Me and a few friends along with my lady were having some drinks at a bar in scottsdale AZ. There is a group of regulars there that I say hello to when I stop in. One guy had an AMG hat on so I asked him if he had an AMG? He tells me he has a 2005 SL500 AMG? I had to inform him there is no such car. He tells he "Its right over there" as he points to his car. I say "the one parked next to my SL55?" My GF chimes in with "is that the fake AMG we just seen?" After the guy insisted it was a 600hp monster imported from Germany...

typical Scottsdale AZ stuff, fake, fake, fake.

Great thread. getting a random chance to confront there types makes me LOL. I just want to run into the guy I see all the time who drives the rare S50 AMG.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
You know what, Just a few weeks ago I did.. Me and a few friends along with my lady were having some drinks at a bar in scottsdale AZ. There is a group of regulars there that I say hello to when I stop in. One guy had an AMG hat on so I asked him if he had an AMG? He tells me he has a 2005 SL500 AMG? I had to inform him there is no such car. He tells he "Its right over there" as he points to his car. I say "the one parked next to my SL55?" My GF chimes in with "is that the fake AMG we just seen?" After the guy insisted it was a 600hp monster imported from Germany...

Great thread. getting a random chance to confront there types makes me LOL. I just want to run into the guy I see all the time who drives the rare S50 AMG.
+1 Scottsdale is so F A K E ! ! !

I am in old town mostly every weekend and everybody there acts like they have $$$ when they do not. Your story Hooley reminds me of this middle eastern dude in his mid 20's several months ago that I saw looking at my car after a night club closed, and he said "that aint ****, that aint ****" "I have the cl65 mane, the cl65 mane" lol. This dude was so stupid that I did not know how to insult him, and so I played along and he told me about all the "other" cars he owned also. He was a joker for sure!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
....but fake boobies are always ok in my book.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lawguy
....but fake boobies are always ok in my book.
You would be in boobie paradise then.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
Originally Posted by mikey33
You would be in boobie paradise then.
Been there 2x. Loved it, for that reason, and for the weather.

I hate to admit, but i had to go to the original post in the C forum (the most recent victim of the POSER thread, who is actually a member on this site) and give the guy a little grief...just too funny.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by lawguy
Been there 2x. Loved it, for that reason, and for the weather.

I hate to admit, but i had to go to the original post in the C forum (the most recent victim of the POSER thread, who is actually a member on this site) and give the guy a little grief...just too funny.
I gotta say, the sock comment gave me a chuckle.

Interesting thread, need more fool stories.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I calmly told him there's no chance in hell of that happening so he tells me that I am just jealous because he has a specially tuned c300.
That was classic! Loved that whole story. Great way to kick off my morning, thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
You smoke herbs at work? Lol...Where do you work??
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Happened to Me once with an Audi Guy back in late 07 when the S5 first came out. I still had my Heads/cam full bolt on 05 CTS-V that made 440whp. Was at a gas station when I nice sounding S5 pulled in behind me. I was looking hard at buying one at the time( I decide on an S6 with the V10 instead), so I knew pretty much everything about the car.

He had an exhaust, so I asked him which one since it sounded good and I was looking at buying one, but thought they were alittle under powered. He proceeds to tell me it's an "Evolution" model imported straight from Germany that has a tuned RS4 "with headers and everything" and makes 500 to the wheels. First off there are no headers for an S5, as they are impossible to install without dropping the whole front subframe. So I just nod my head and say "is that so? Well I only make 440whp but I would love to give him a run for his money sometime." He laughs and says something to the effect of "what with that old man's Cadillac". We finish pumping about the same time, and as luck would have it pulled out going the same way. I roll up mext to him give him the look and nail it. By the top of 2nd I had at least 3 cars on him. He quickly pulled to the right and got on the highway on ramp I am sure went home to cry.

I wonder how often these idiots actually get somebody to beleive them?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Happened to Me once with an Audi Guy back in late 07 when the S5 first came out. I still had my Heads/cam full bolt on 05 CTS-V that made 440whp. Was at a gas station when I nice sounding S5 pulled in behind me. I was looking hard at buying one at the time( I decide on an S6 with the V10 instead), so I knew pretty much everything about the car.

He had an exhaust, so I asked him which one since it sounded good and I was looking at buying one, but thought they were alittle under powered. He proceeds to tell me it's an "Evolution" model imported straight from Germany that has a tuned RS4 "with headers and everything" and makes 500 to the wheels. First off there are no headers for an S5, as they are impossible to install without dropping the whole front subframe. So I just nod my head and say "is that so? Well I only make 440whp but I would love to give him a run for his money sometime." He laughs and says something to the effect of "what with that old man's Cadillac". We finish pumping about the same time, and as luck would have it pulled out going the same way. I roll up mext to him give him the look and nail it. By the top of 2nd I had at least 3 cars on him. He quickly pulled to the right and got on the highway on ramp I am sure went home to cry.

These people are accustomed to talking to your average joe's knowing nothing about cars, which is 95% of people.. Once they meet up with someone who actually knows cars and puts them in their place, they usually shut up.. I cant stand these people and let the car do the talking for me..
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Hahaha man it never seems to amaze how hard people to to compensate for their short comings your GF's quote was classic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
That was classic! Loved that whole story. Great way to kick off my morning, thanks!
Glad you got as much enjoyment out of it as I did

Originally Posted by andrew knight
You smoke herbs at work? Lol...Where do you work??
Security believe it or not LOL! I usually only smoke Tobacco at work, but Ive done the deed a couple times with my supervisor.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by AMG_RL
Hahaha man it never seems to amaze how hard people to to compensate for their short comings your GF's quote was classic!

Glad you got as much enjoyment out of it as I did

Security believe it or not LOL! I usually only smoke Tobacco at work, but Ive done the deed a couple times with my supervisor.
Wow! That is something to brag about! Nothing like a rent a cop smoking a little herb on duty!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

the moderators crazy..
Originally Posted by emoving
Wow! That is something to brag about! Nothing like a rent a cop smoking a little herb on duty!

whats wrong with that? I had a couple shots with my pilot one day on a flight to florida.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by television2
whats wrong with that? I had a couple shots with my pilot one day on a flight to florida.
Wow, your true ignorant colors come out! We are supposed to believe a complete jackass like you is a pilot! We don't count balsa wood planes you throw in your ghetto backyard!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Nice story, it's always good to have one over on these types.

I see a lot of fake AMG badges down here in Tampa, but they're usually driving and I don't have a chance to make them look stupid. I usually drive around in an old ****ty truck when I'm commuting so I don't get the chance to roll on them much.

I did see a nice REAL C63 downtown today. Wonder who that was.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by KLR CLS

What wonders me is how these idiots/liars make the $ to afford a new S5 when it came out..in your example..(which is underpowered like you said).
I'd expect someone who and if they earned the cash to buy one to at least be a decent/educated individual, not a lying douchebag. That's Honda-tech.com style.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
was it this guy?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...e-c63-amg.html
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned

the moderators crazy..
Wow, your true ignorant colors come out! We are supposed to believe a complete jackass like you is a pilot! We don't count balsa wood planes you throw in your ghetto backyard!

Dyslexic? If you read it correctly I said I had a few shots with my pilot on a flight down to Florida
Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by television2
Dyslexic? If you read it correctly I said I had a few shots with my pilot on a flight down to Florida
Ohhhh....your pilot! So he throws the balsa wood plane for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM

who's bragging? He asked a question and I answered it. If I were to say "yea look at me I'm cool smoking on the job" I'd think that would be bragging.

BTW, not really considered rent a cop when you're doing armed security (sig sauer p226 .40 s&w/Mase) and making close to the same salary as local PD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever had an AMG poser brag to you about his car?