W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended warranties for higher mileage cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Extended warranties for higher mileage cars?

I REALLY hate to post another extended warranty thread. However, I can only seem to find extended warranty information regarding the factory 4 year/50k miles. I currently own an '04 E55 with 58k miles. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket warranties on cars with that high of mileage, out of the factory warranty? I purchased a pointless aftermarket warranty for cheap, when I should have extended my CPO. I plan on getting back what I can and purchasing something that would actually cover most of the parts that break.

Any suggestions?

PS. I can't get Fidelity, due to being out of my original factory warranty.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm still learning about this topic as well, but NAC seems to keep coming up as a highly rated warranty provider.

You can get one even if your original warranty has lapsed...however, they will run your VIN to do a "background check" on your car and you have to get the equivalent of a PPI by an authorized shop to establish the condition of the car (I'm sure this information has a direct effect on the premium you ultimately end up paying)

Check with "Bruce M" on this forum... He has helped a number of people with these policies and I'm sure he could help get your specific questions answered.

-G
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Thanks, Greg! Will do.

Covers..."upper/lower control arms, upper/lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings, etc..."

I need to figure this out, though...^

My Route 66 warranty claim for control arm bushings was denied. Hmm...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mantooth
Thanks, Greg! Will do.

Covers..."upper/lower control arms, upper/lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings, etc..."

My MB dealership didn't even call the warranty company like they said. The warranty company does in fact cover the motor mounts and bushings. Luckily I called them, or I would have had to come out of pocket...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 PM

2003 E55 AMG Silver with Merlot Interior
I REALLY hate to post another extended warranty thread. However, I can only seem to find extended warranty information regarding the factory 4 year/50k miles. I currently own an '04 E55 with 58k miles. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket warranties on cars with that high of mileage, out of the factory warranty? I purchased a pointless aftermarket warranty for cheap, when I should have extended my CPO. I plan on getting back what I can and purchasing something that would actually cover most of the parts that break.

Any suggestions?

PS. I can't get Fidelity, due to being out of my original factory warranty.

That doesn't sound right? I have an 03 E55 with 59k miles and I just purchased a Fidelity Platinum 3/36 for $3600 at......Honda...with no previous warranty. The local MB dealer quoted me $6700 for the same package, I then called another MB dealer and they said the Fidelity Warranty was not offered for my car....and they priced "their own in house warranty..." at $5900 platinum coverage 3/36.

Thats when I called Fidelity direct and told the rep the $6700 price quote from MB and he laughed....loudly... He said he could not quote but that I should not pay more than $4k for a 3/36 Platinum for my car. He suggested I call HONDA after I gave him my zip as they are minutes away and I can have the policy written there. Low and behold the Fidelity Rep at Honda had the Service Manager do a "Honda 150 point inspection..lol" and wrote me a warranty. Make sure they check the box X:Supercharger/Turbo as a friend of mine had a claim and he got the run around because the warranty was written up as an E55. I made the rep write "E55 AMG V8 Kompressor" as the model and made sure the box was checked.

The only thing I was told was at 60k miles Fidelity won't offer Platinum coverage for a new customer. Gold and under only...but they will extend Platinum coverage for exsisting customers.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:43 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by sokarempire
That doesn't sound right? I have an 03 E55 with 59k miles and I just purchased a Fidelity Platinum 3/36 for $3600 at......Honda...with no previous warranty. The local MB dealer quoted me $6700 for the same package, I then called another MB dealer and they said the Fidelity Warranty was not offered for my car....and they priced "their own in house warranty..." at $5900 platinum coverage 3/36.

Thats when I called Fidelity direct and told the rep the $6700 price quote from MB and he laughed....loudly... He said he could not quote but that I should not pay more than $4k for a 3/36 Platinum for my car. He suggested I call HONDA after I gave him my zip as they are minutes away and I can have the policy written there. Low and behold the Fidelity Rep at Honda had the Service Manager do a "Honda 150 point inspection..lol" and wrote me a warranty. Make sure they check the box X:Supercharger/Turbo as a friend of mine had a claim and he got the run around because the warranty was written up as an E55. I made the rep write "E55 AMG V8 Kompressor" as the model and made sure the box was checked.

The only thing I was told was at 60k miles Fidelity won't offer Platinum coverage for a new customer. Gold and under only...but they will extend Platinum coverage for exsisting customers.
This is interesting! I also thought the car still needed to be within the factory warranty to purchase any Fidelity plan. Do you think that any Honda dealership within our respective zip code offers the same deal? Should I call Fidelity directly as well and ask them same question you did?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by nardeezy@yahoo.
This is interesting! I also thought the car still needed to be within the factory warranty to purchase any Fidelity plan. Do you think that any Honda dealership within our respective zip code offers the same deal? Should I call Fidelity directly as well and ask them same question you did?
I would just call Fidelity directly and ask for the closest warranty rep per your zipcode. Fidelity basicly told me they can write a warranty at any dealership for any car as long as its a Fidelity warranty dealership.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

E63 AMG
I would just call Fidelity directly and ask for the closest warranty rep per your zipcode. Fidelity basicly told me they can write a warranty at any dealership for any car as long as its a Fidelity warranty dealership.
I did that. They gave me a list of dealers. The funny thing is that he gave me a Kia dealership which is across from the Mercedes dealer where I bought my car.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 PM

I did that. They gave me a list of dealers. The funny thing is that he gave me a Kia dealership which is across from the Mercedes dealer where I bought my car.
Try the Kia dealership - they will more than likely put a lot less margin on the policy then MB does....Hence my $6k+ qoute from MB and $3600 quote from Honda for the same policy. The rep at Honda was really cool - he told me the policy was really around the 3K mark and the balance went to the papaerwork and dealership.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 PM

2010 C63
You betya red rider on the extended warranty.
Nac or Fidelity is a must unless your filthy rich.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 AM

2005 E55
Got a quote of $4100 for fidelity gold 2yr/24k on my E55 with 71k miles from a MB dealer. Don't know how much the "gold" covers, but not much other choices out there.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gelandewagen
Anything no anything about the GOLD?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by littlehandegan
Anything no anything about the GOLD?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM

SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
I bought one with Enterprise. My car had 120k when I purchased it. It's covered for 5 years 100k miles. So far I have replaced my supercharger clutch pack, warranty covered it. I am taking the car in soon, my keyless stopped working (two front door handles). I spoke to the rep and she advised me that would fall under power locks.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 AM

E63 AMG
Try the Kia dealership - they will more than likely put a lot less margin on the policy then MB does....Hence my $6k+ qoute from MB and $3600 quote from Honda for the same policy. The rep at Honda was really cool - he told me the policy was really around the 3K mark and the balance went to the papaerwork and dealership.
I contacted the Kia dealer but they have not got back to me. Can you shoot me the contact info for that Honda dealer? My car is still under factory warranty and does not need an inspection. They can possibly sell me a plan over the phone/Internet?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gelandewagen
Originally Posted by EdoubleNickel
I bought one with Enterprise. My car had 120k when I purchased it. It's covered for 5 years 100k miles. So far I have replaced my supercharger clutch pack, warranty covered it. I am taking the car in soon, my keyless stopped working (two front door handles). I spoke to the rep and she advised me that would fall under power locks.

Enterprise rent a car? What did you pay for it?

So whats the deal on the GOLD fidelity vs Platnium?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:51 AM

I contacted the Kia dealer but they have not got back to me. Can you shoot me the contact info for that Honda dealer? My car is still under factory warranty and does not need an inspection. They can possibly sell me a plan over the phone/Internet?
Sterling McCall Honda of Kingwood
22575 Hwy 59N
Kingwood, TX 77339
281-358-8880
800-358-2688

I beleive they will write a warranty over the phone, but it will be 4 weeks before it is active unless you bring the car in for inspection.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM

E63 AMG
Sterling McCall Honda of Kingwood
22575 Hwy 59N
Kingwood, TX 77339
281-358-8880
800-358-2688

I beleive they will write a warranty over the phone, but it will be 4 weeks before it is active unless you bring the car in for inspection.
You have a contact name/email?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
You want an "exclusionary" warranty. This cannot be overstated.

The only Fidelity warranty that's exclusionary is the platinum. Fidelity is the administrator. The selling dealer actually is the insurer, believe it or not. Fidelity gets reimbursed by the dealer for the claims paid and is a source of profit for the selling dealer.

I recorded the audio of my recent purchase at a dealership for the 5 yr/60k mile platinum warranty for my '06 with 40k miles for $5k.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 PM

C55 AMG
My credit union is recommending Route 66 to me.

How would you rate them so far? Do you have the Easy Street or the Main Street coverage?

Thanks, Greg! Will do.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by sm00thguy88
My credit union is recommending Route 66 to me.

How would you rate them so far? Do you have the Easy Street or the Main Street coverage?
I have the Easy Street. I should know within the next week or so. Apparently the dealership never called Route 66 and tried to get me to fix the repairs out of pocket. The Route 66 warranty does in fact include motor mounts and control arm bushings. The repairs are being made this week. I will keep you up to date.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 AM

C55 AMG
I have the Easy Street. I should know within the next week or so. Apparently the dealership never called Route 66 and tried to get me to fix the repairs out of pocket. The Route 66 warranty does in fact include motor mounts and control arm bushings. The repairs are being made this week. I will keep you up to date.

Thanks! I'm very interested as to how it goes.

I thought you had the "Main Street" coverage since you were quoting "covers... upper/lower control arms, upper/lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings, etc..." (which is in the description of Main Street in the brochure). Easy Street is exclusionary.

How much did you pay for you premium if you don't mind?

Good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by ZGlide
Got a quote of $4100 for fidelity gold 2yr/24k on my E55 with 71k miles from a MB dealer. Don't know how much the "gold" covers, but not much other choices out there.
An NAC warranty is a good option. Contact Bruce Mendel for your warranty questions. He will walk you through the issues with both NAC an Fidelity and then you can pick one. I am doing the same thing right now and I am leaning towards the NAC. The fidelity warranty will cost about 2-3k more for a given car (especially over 35k miles).

Bruce can be contacted at: Bruce Mendel <brucem105@comcast.net>

He is a great person who will take care of your warranty needs. I have been very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to research topics and get back to you very quickly. A+ 10 rating from me.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by sm00thguy88
Thanks! I'm very interested as to how it goes.

I thought you had the "Main Street" coverage since you were quoting "covers... upper/lower control arms, upper/lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings, etc..." (which is in the description of Main Street in the brochure). Easy Street is exclusionary.

How much did you pay for you premium if you don't mind?

Good luck!
It's everything that Main Street is and more. They sent a brochure to me. I paid $1800 through Pentagon Federal for 4 years/100k miles. I was currently at 45k miles, IIRC.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM

C55 AMG
It's everything that Main Street is and more. They sent a brochure to me. I paid $1800 through Pentagon Federal for 4 years/100k miles. I was currently at 45k miles, IIRC.

Hmmm, my credit union is quoting me $2,160 for 4 years but only 48,000 miles. Maybe because I'm at 60K miles?

Just to clarify, at this point, Route66 already gave you the go signal to go ahead with the repairs and they will cover everything?

And will they also cover the labor rate of the dealership 100%? I know a common problem with 3rd party insurance providers is that apart from denying claims is that they don't match dealership labor rates 100%.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended warranties for higher mileage cars?