Sponsored by:

Radio operation manual 04 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E63 s63 (sold),1986 Buick Grand National (sold)2014 ML63
Smile Radio operation manual 04 E55

I have looked around but cannot seem to find the manual for the radio/cd player for this car. I can go to the Benz site and get the full owners manual for the car, but I am looking for the separate one it references for the radio.

Any ideas?

Specifically, I see an "AUX" input referenced in the main screen - I am expecting to find an 1/8" stereo input somewhere for an ipod, etc...but have found nothing.

Any ideas?

TIA

Chris
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Chris Buffalo
I have looked around but cannot seem to find the manual for the radio/cd player for this car. I can go to the Benz site and get the full owners manual for the car, but I am looking for the separate one it references for the radio.

Any ideas?

Specifically, I see an "AUX" input referenced in the main screen - I am expecting to find an 1/8" stereo input somewhere for an ipod, etc...but have found nothing.

Any ideas?

TIA

Chris
It's in the glove box, open it and look up in the center. You can't control anything that you hook up from the car, it simply uses the cars speakers for whatever. I use it for my iPod or I plug my phone into it instead of the $500 over priced center console bluetooth piece.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 AM

Thanks for the tip, I was going to use it for an Mp3 player. Cd's are just old hat, lol.

As for the bluetooth puck, I have found them for around $250, and it's a simple DIY mod so I can just put my Blackberry in the console and use the onboard controls to take calls, etc. Here in NY a cell phone ticket is now $150 AND 2 points. I could just use the earphone that came with the phone, but what fun is that? lol
Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 AM

Sometimes I hook up the DVD player or iPad, nothing like watching a movie in surround sound or exploiting Pandora!

I've seen the knock offs and had the real one but it would annoy me when it would interrupt the radio or when i didn't want people to hear the conversation. Plus I use my phone for navigation and it's good to have plugged in. Luckily my phone can sit in the console or in the mount and who ever I'm talking to can hear me just fine. Cali is about to ban cell use in the car all together, so much for navigation that is accurate!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Cali is about to ban cell use in the car all together
Not going to lie - totally for this. Mini rant and thread jack over...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by motorkas
Not going to lie - totally for this. Mini rant and thread jack over...
No worries I'm for it as well. I see it daily where people ignore the law and almost wreck or hit someone/something. It should be a moving violation.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM

I hear ya. I am not sure it's the conversation being the problem as much as the texting/dialing issue. I see nothing wrong with answering a call on speakerphone and talking, it's no different than talking to someone next to you. Is that now going to be illegal too?

The device interaction seems to be the problem, from what I can tell.

NY has "distracted driving" laws on the books and also an "electronic device" violation for texting, phone use, Mp3 navigation, you name it. It even carries points penalties as of recently, so it is a "moving violation".

What about the fat lady with two "kick me" dogs in her lap? Or the girl doing her eye makeup on the freeway in the mirror? The teenager eating the McGarbage meal? The broker reading the paper? The tourist tapping on his Garmin on the windshield? All a problem, and all covered by this. We're just focusing on the phones, mostly due to the ridiculous overuse of texting these days. After all, it's a TELEPHONE. Pick it up and TELL them what you want, and be done with it. Carrying on lengthy conversations texting has got to be the stupidest thing we have ever engaged in as a society.

Banning a conversation altogether seems a bit Draconian to me. What's next, enforcement of where your hands are on the wheel? Forbidding you from looking around at the passing landmarks? How does one get tried in a court of law for daydreaming?

I'm just saying let's not over legislate this.

Just ranting too...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Buffalo
I hear ya. I am not sure it's the conversation being the problem as much as the texting/dialing issue. I see nothing wrong with answering a call on speakerphone and talking, it's no different than talking to someone next to you. Is that now going to be illegal too?

The device interaction seems to be the problem, from what I can tell.

NY has "distracted driving" laws on the books and also an "electronic device" violation for texting, phone use, Mp3 navigation, you name it. It even carries points penalties as of recently, so it is a "moving violation".

What about the fat lady with two "kick me" dogs in her lap? Or the girl doing her eye makeup on the freeway in the mirror? The teenager eating the McGarbage meal? The broker reading the paper? The tourist tapping on his Garmin on the windshield? All a problem, and all covered by this. We're just focusing on the phones, mostly due to the ridiculous overuse of texting these days. After all, it's a TELEPHONE. Pick it up and TELL them what you want, and be done with it. Carrying on lengthy conversations texting has got to be the stupidest thing we have ever engaged in as a society.

Banning a conversation altogether seems a bit Draconian to me. What's next, enforcement of where your hands are on the wheel? Forbidding you from looking around at the passing landmarks? How does one get tried in a court of law for daydreaming?

I'm just saying let's not over legislate this.

Just ranting too...
Haha Tell someone! I totally agree and just like other laws it is a little ridiculous. I think they try too hard to prevent people from doing things as the law makers and hippie lobbyist think they have to react to someone's actions. I never got the initial law since you can still use an iPod and do all the other things as you said. Are you going to get mad at the single mom turning around to look at her crying kid?

What I find the need the problem is the disregard people have for what is around them. I work at a classified facility and they come up talking on their phone. For onem, as a clearance holder you're suppose to follow the rules, clear neglect of the rules gets it revoked no matter how insignificant the rule is. Yet they break the law in front of the officers on the site and give attitudes when they are asked to stop. There's numerous occasions where they crash the gate, almost hit the officers or crash. I think situations like that ruin it for the majority of the people who are responsible and courteous about it.

One thing about common sense is it's not so common

So anyways yea the AUX port is in the glove box!

Last edited by Mikesamg; 04-06-2011 at 10:33 PM.