Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Lycan
I agree 100% with you, Chris. I was only pointing out the legal side of it. We all do stupid crap from time to time.

I was just addressing people who started posting things like, "a cop can't just go off what other people say" and "it's hearsay". Ummmm, that is NOT true. Legally it's NOT if someone goes so far as to dial 911, files a report with a uniformed officer, and offers to testify against you under oath in Court. There are some people who have nothing better to do. People seem to have a strange notion of the US legal system. More often than not it is going to come down to the investigating officer and whether or not he wants to file the paper work, as well as how big of a stink the observing party is on the matter. You have a few different dynamics going on.

Back in Ohio, I knew of a guy that was arrested for flipping off a woman while screaming "F*ck You" at her and then cutting her off. She happened to be the wife of a police officer. Let's say...it didn't end well for him. That is just one of the facts of life.
Are you an attorney?

I'm not, but it doesn't seem this clear cut to me. If the person files a complaint, the police speak to the subject, who denies it, then it becomes a he said/she said case. Unless the complainant can find corroborating witnesses, there is really no evidence.

you say i'm speeding, I say I'm not. Without any further evidence, there is no clear guilty verdict.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
I see where this is going, and I kind of had a feeling it would. Was it stupid, yes. Was it immature, well, yes. But who here can honestly tell me, that you wouldn't do the same thing at 17, behind the wheel of your first car with more than enough power to kill you. Yea, this did teach me a lesson, in some way. Not with legal matters, but with pure common sense. Like others have said, do it when the time is right and **** like this won't happen. Hell, save it for the track. And FWIW, the girls and the mustang reference was PURE SARCASM. Believe what you want, I know what happened, I was there.. So next time you would like to tell he how it went down, ask your self this, 'Was I there when this happened?' If no, then don't tell me what occurred besides what I shared in my previous posts.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Feel better now
Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
It's been said already - there's a time and a place.
We all bought these cars for speed and luxury. If I would have had 500hp at 17, I wouldn't be here today. Anyone, at any age can drive a fast car, it's when the situation changes that experience comes into play and at 17 you don't have that yet.
A 35 zone is there for a reason - It's not the place to test your cars limits.
I will tell you this - If I had been anywhere near that with my 2 year old little girl, watching a guy fly around a corner like that, it wouldn't have been the cops knocking at your door.
Enjoy the car, but pick the time a place better.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I blame the parents.

No way a child this age, should own this car. I don't care if he bought it with his own money. A 17 year old child, with less than 2 years driving experience, has no business behind the wheel of this particular automobile. And that's what you are, regardless if you want to admit or not. I knew it all when I was 17 too, trust me.

Now, if you tell me that you've taken defensive driving courses, and have had professional instruction, then I'll bend. But based on your original post, I doubt it.

Drive a Honda Civic for a few years, then go big. But until then, please stay out of my neighborhood. I've got kids, and no fence.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 06-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I have been driving for more than two years, almost 3 in fact, as the big 18 is less than 3 months away. And I think I know how to react in a situation as it arises, and keep in mind I wasn't referring to a situation behind the wheel of the 55, thats what the computers are for. But until then, I will keep pushing my car when the time is right until it or I dies, whichever comes first. If it kills me, oh well, It'd be my fault anyways. But rest assured, I may not know what to do when the rear swings out at 50, but I do know what to do if a child does wander into the road.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
I have been driving for more than two years, almost 3 in fact, as the big 18 is less than 3 months away. And I think I know how to react in a situation as it arises, and keep in mind I wasn't referring to a situation behind the wheel of the 55, thats what the computers are for. But until then, I will keep pushing my car when the time is right until it or I dies, whichever comes first. If it kills me, oh well, It'd be my fault anyways. But rest assured, I may not know what to do when the rear swings out at 50, but I do know what to do if a child does wander into the road.
I retract my previous statement in your defense. You are an idiot and WHEN, not if, you crash your vehicle I hope you're the only one that has to suffer.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
perfect example of teen thinking.

So you've been driving for 2.5 years, so you think you know how to react when situations come up. newsflash, every teenager thinks they are a great driver. statistically, this is far from true.

I like how you are so callous about dying like its no big deal. Thats final kid, theres no reset button on this ****. This ain't forza on xbox.

Finally, what happens when the rear swings out and a car containing a mother and child just happen to appear. Killing yourself is one thing, killing someone else is another. You ready to live the rest of your life knowing that your stupid actions caused the death of someone's wife, mother, or child?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Reading all this, I doubt he owns this car.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by dansamg
It's been said already - there's a time and a place.
We all bought these cars for speed and luxury. If I would have had 500hp at 17, I wouldn't be here today. Anyone, at any age can drive a fast car, it's when the situation changes that experience comes into play and at 17 you don't have that yet.
A 35 zone is there for a reason - It's not the place to test your cars limits.
I will tell you this - If I had been anywhere near that with my 2 year old little girl, watching a guy fly around a corner like that, it wouldn't have been the cops knocking at your door.
Enjoy the car, but pick the time a place better.

+1
Old 06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Wow, your are a complete juvenile! Good luck and I hope to read about your story and I pray it is only you involved!

Originally Posted by Nola
Reading all this, I doubt he owns this car.
His dady bought it new and then probally gave it to him. Remember when he first started posting and kept saying he bought it new then he started an appology post for lying and saying finally that his daddy actually bought it new and drove it some 100k miles before giving it to him. I knew then he was a real winner. Gave him a break due to his age but this post clealy shows he should not even be on a public forum better yet driving an AMG. These 03s are so cheap now this is what we have to look forward to.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by emoving
Remember when he first started posting and kept saying he bought it new then he started an appology post for lying and saying finally that his daddy actually bought it new and drove it some 100k miles before giving it to him.
Doubt even this is true. Seen it a million times.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Wow want an ignorant view on real life! Problem is it's never just one person affected by a tragedy. I'd venture to say your parents would be heartbroken to hear such a statement! If you were my son and believe you me I'm old enough to be your dad, your keys would be gone quicker than you could say bicycle! Grow up!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Wow want an ignorant view on real life! Problem is it's never just one person affected by a tragedy. I'd venture to say your parents would be heartbroken to hear such a statement! If you were my son and believe you me I'm old enough to be your dad, your keys would be gone quicker than you could say bicycle! Grow up!
You tell him Grant, tell him what for. I always hear your accent in my head when I read your posts, makes it that much cooler.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:05 PM

2004 E55
I see where this is going, and I kind of had a feeling it would. Was it stupid, yes. Was it immature, well, yes. But who here can honestly tell me, that you wouldn't do the same thing at 17, behind the wheel of your first car with more than enough power to kill you. Yea, this did teach me a lesson, in some way. Not with legal matters, but with pure common sense. Like others have said, do it when the time is right and **** like this won't happen. Hell, save it for the track. And FWIW, the girls and the mustang reference was PURE SARCASM. Believe what you want, I know what happened, I was there.. So next time you would like to tell he how it went down, ask your self this, 'Was I there when this happened?' If no, then don't tell me what occurred besides what I shared in my previous posts.
I wish you would have stopped after this post.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
I agree 100% with you, Chris. I was only pointing out the legal side of it. We all do stupid crap from time to time.

I was just addressing people who started posting things like, "a cop can't just go off what other people say" and "it's hearsay". Ummmm, that is NOT true. Legally it's NOT if someone goes so far as to dial 911, files a report with a uniformed officer, and offers to testify against you under oath in Court. There are some people who have nothing better to do. People seem to have a strange notion of the US legal system. More often than not it is going to come down to the investigating officer and whether or not he wants to file the paper work, as well as how big of a stink the observing party is on the matter. You have a few different dynamics going on.

Back in Ohio, I knew of a guy that was arrested for flipping off a woman while screaming "F*ck You" at her and then cutting her off. She happened to be the wife of a police officer. Let's say...it didn't end well for him. That is just one of the facts of life.

I have represented no less than 3 matters which refer to these complaints, the only chance the police have in succeeding is if the complainant is called and appears to testify.

The first thing the judge will ask is where is the person making the complaint, if they are not present the judge will usually (and did in 2 circumstances) throw the case out.

Secondly, even if the person making the complaint appears, it will still depend on the account given and other circumstances as to whether the judge will impose a fine, from my experience none of them received any penalty but a warning.

As for your story about the police officer, I don't know what you mean by didn't end well for him, it is very unlikely this would ever happen in Australia.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 PM

996tt

There is a reason why police testimony is different from that of a civilian (in Australia anyway), in certain matters police are considered to be expert witnesses such as determining drivers speeds even without radar, as they receive special training at this. Therefore, their testimony will be given different weight than that of a lay persons.

It is notoriously difficult for a police to achieve a conviction when all they have to rely on is a persons statement that someone was going over the speed limit, no judge would ever give a conviction based purely on this.

Last edited by iAMGod; 06-07-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by outrun
I would have denied everything. Never admit anything, ever. That's what lawyers are for. I would have not answered the door to any police office of any sort. I would have told him to call my phone without opening the door. Cops can read your expressions face to face, but not really over the phone.

Basically in that situation they have to prove it. Heresy doesn't mean shiat.

Next time, I'd tell him to pound sand.

And you chatting with him didn't get you off of anything. He didn't see you do anything. And he knew that giving you a ticket would not hold up in any court.

Again, never admit anything. No matter what. Remember, everything you say can and will be used against you.

word
Old 06-07-2011, 10:01 PM

06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Taking a 90 degree turn at 42mph on a public road is not only reckless but idiotic. You asked so there's my opinion. Sounds like it may have been a semi-residential area too...since you made at 30mph the first time and 40mph this time, let us know how 50 goes. Smh.
Uhh...the degree of turn is irrelevant. It's the radius that dictates speed, as in, lateral acceleration ?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM

2004 E55
troll is winning
Old 06-07-2011, 10:39 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by regor60
Uhh...the degree of turn is irrelevant. It's the radius that dictates speed, as in, lateral acceleration ?
I'll take your word for it bud
Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Here's the thing---people can call and report other motorists for anything. Happens all the time with motorcycles. You have to be extra careful out there these days with that stuff. People will call the cops on you and they will show up at your door. I tell my riding parters this all the time when they are acting like tools in traffic popping wheelies and hitting Mach 1 down the interstate. A simple phone call from a pissed off motorist can land you a ticket...I've known this to happen A LOT in Maryland.
this is awesome info! there is this douche bag i hate and i am going to write down his plate # and have me and everyone i know call the cops at least 2 times a week!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
man i gave u benefit of doubt but now you >OP< are just talkin out yer *** .. you cant drive for sh*t and best thing todo would be to give your dad the keys to the benz back and start driving the beater sittin in the driveway .. your a kid who thinks u know it all but you dont know jack sh*t .. **** i dont wanna be on same road as u driving let alone try to race against you .. you act like you would know what todo if something happened but the only thing you would know is to call mommy n daddy its your 1st instinct .
Real talk kid your not responsible enough to be driving the car you claim , and if i was your pops and was home when cop came i woulda whooped yer *** before cop left the driveway and took the keys to the car .. But personally if you paid for the car yourself you would be more mature about owning it ..
Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I may not have paid for the car itself, but everything that breaks is on my dime, and you know how these cars are. And as for the 'not afraid to die' comment, thats not how it was supposed to sound. I meant to say that this car has enough power to kill me without any remorse. Besides, after my mom heard about the stink that went down, (I guess she didn't know the police showed up until my neighbor mentioned it) she took my license and keys, and now I am stuck with my feet until Monday, So there you go, another idiot off the streets for now.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I blame the parents.

No way a child this age, should own this car. I don't care if he bought it with his own money. A 17 year old child, with less than 2 years driving experience, has no business behind the wheel of this particular automobile. And that's what you are, regardless if you want to admit or not. I knew it all when I was 17 too, trust me.

Now, if you tell me that you've taken defensive driving courses, and have had professional instruction, then I'll bend. But based on your original post, I doubt it.

Drive a Honda Civic for a few years, then go big. But until then, please stay out of my neighborhood. I've got kids, and no fence.
+1

Originally Posted by chris.bachman
I retract my previous statement in your defense. You are an idiot and WHEN, not if, you crash your vehicle I hope you're the only one that has to suffer.
Damn, I can't believe I just read that. I know you're way too young to know all that you think you do, but that just blew my mind!

You probably haven't had any friends who have died in street racing accidents, or "wreckless driving" accidents? You probably have never lost control of your car while being a stupid street racer? You probably haven't crashed your car while being a stupid street racer?

I have, all of those, and I'm still young enough to remember those days freshly. With that mentality, if you take yourself in a crash, the only sad thing will be that you'd have gone too young and inexperienced to have developed some rationale thoughts to look back and this and laugh in shame. However, the tragedy would be that you might take someone/s with you, and that's what's important, considering YOU have the admitted murderous/criminal/volatile intent.

I begged, fought, pleaded, and worked my a$$ off to get a Mustang GT as my first bought car when I was young (my hand-me-down was an '87 embarrassing Gold Audi 5000), and I though I was spoiled! The power in that car could have killed me (and my friends), and I can only imagine an E55. Admitting this is a little hypocritical, considering what I just said, shame on your parents!

Last edited by K-A; 06-08-2011 at 05:25 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??