Sponsored by:

Meth nozzles locations ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sonata 2.0T
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Update, I will be removing my devilsown meth system in the future,and will go with a killer chiller and a 35 wet shot of nitrous. Per Eurocharged, you don't need to tune for such a small shot. It will be the ultimate cooling setup. My d.o. system is a piece of crap. The braided lines have sleeves in the ends that are not stainless. They have rusted from the meth, causing the particles to allow the solenoid to stick open, thus the engine drawing meth at idle,luckily I noticed before a hydrolock. The rust has also clogged all the screens/filters at the nozzles. I'm done with it. The plastic lines may have been a better option.
I've always used the standard plastic lines with great success.

I've run water meth on almost everything I've owned and it's been a great setup, only used Devils own once but have owned most every other brand other than Aquamist.

I don't know if I'd ever consider owning a PD blower car without it, it does too much good. Took my 320 degree inlet temps(might of been higher, my IAT only read to 320) on my old Focus project down to 120 using it strictly for cooling and not tuned for it.

Look forward to your KC + nitrous results. Although, if you're going through the trouble of a wet shot I would go much larger. 100-150 absolutely. If i run a small shot, I go dry typically.

- Drew
Old 08-20-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jmb614
Single nozzle ~300cc, post IC; aka Sneakyneon location.
i copied jmb614 to my aquamist system. could. not. be. happier. 10-15 above ambient with a 50/50 mix up until as long as i want to hold her open

i did wrap my nylon lines with heatshielding in the entire engine bay. idc relay is located outside of engine bay by the left front strut tower away from most heat but i still wrapped all the lines going to/from it.

Last edited by 210lvr; 08-20-2016 at 07:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
typedRew (08-20-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 210lvr
i copied jmb614 to my aquamist system. could. not. be. happier. 10-15 above ambient with a 50/50 mix up until as long as i want to hold her open

i did wrap my nylon lines with heatshielding in the entire engine bay. idc relay is located outside of engine bay by the left front strut tower away from most heat but i still wrapped all the lines going to/from it.
I'm glad it's working out for you! Sneakyneon and Hulk are the people who helped me establish location and nozzle size, so kudos to them.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55 99 SC400 01 Z06 Corvette
I just ordered the snow performance stage 2 kit today anyone else using the same kit? What were the recommend nozzles to use with it for cooling purpose 10/90? Also any pictures of exactly where the nozzles are placed I currently have the sc out of the car now
Old 11-22-2017, 11:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
W108 3.5 - 2005 E55
Thread dig

I'm a bit late to the meth party, but I'm now getting ready to install a setup to my car.
I don't know why people don't just relocate the IAT to the surge tank and put the nozzle in the original IAT location. This should avoid having to pull the supercharger and will make nozzle swaps much simpler.
Is there is a reason I have missed?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:24 AM

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
2013 W204 C63 AMG, 2008 W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by ben73
Thread dig

I'm a bit late to the meth party, but I'm now getting ready to install a setup to my car.
I don't know why people don't just relocate the IAT to the surge tank and put the nozzle in the original IAT location. This should avoid having to pull the supercharger and will make nozzle swaps much simpler.
Is there is a reason I have missed?
That is basically what I did. You will still struggle to change nozzles with it in the original IAT location.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
How so? Changing the IAT sensor is easy enough.

Sorry if it seems obvious, I'm new to Meth too, and planning out my install.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by SMed08
How so? Changing the IAT sensor is easy enough.

Sorry if it seems obvious, I'm new to Meth too, and planning out my install.
Yes changing it is easy, Finding another sensor with the same resistance range that threads in instead of clips in, that was the difficult bit.

My nozzles where on the underside of the SC just before the split and I was not able to get to to them.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by alexanderfoti
That is basically what I did. You will still struggle to change nozzles with it in the original IAT location.
So changing the nozzle there is a struggle?

Yes changing it is easy, Finding another sensor with the same resistance range that threads in instead of clips in, that was the difficult bit..
Wait, changing the nozzle there is easy?

My nozzles where on the underside of the SC just before the split and I was not able to get to to them.
If your nozzle is on the bottom side of the Y, I don't think the difficulty of changing a nozzle at that location is really comparable to the iat sensor location.

Smed, the only thing I can think of is most people recommend spraying perpendicular to airflow for best mixing. You would be staying directly into the airflow. I don't know if it will actually do anything or not but maybe it will hurt vaporization and cause larger droplets to form?
Old 11-24-2017, 07:04 AM

No. Physically moving the AIT sensor is not difficult, finding the the right one to replace the OEM one is. I ended up drilling out an NPT Boss to take the the factory sensor, and retaining it with a circlip around the threads.

There is not much choice in nozzle locations. You want to be after the SC and IC and before the IAT sensor, only place that allows this is the small section at the outlet before it splits into both the surge tanks, however, if you put it there you wont be able to access the nozzles to change them.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E55 AMG Wagon
Has anybody used a meth setup on a frequently driven E55?
My dad has a 300C SRT8 with TVS supercharger and methanol injection. The meth is only injected by a single nozzle after the throttle body. After about 10k miles the supercharger started making a strange noise. After disassembling the blower we found a bad bearing witch was contaminated with water. I'm ready to install my kit, but at this point I'm not sure about the small nozzle after the throttle body. Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2020, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
E55 and several 928s
Originally Posted by Pieter Schepers
Has anybody used a meth setup on a frequently driven E55?
My dad has a 300C SRT8 with TVS supercharger and methanol injection. The meth is only injected by a single nozzle after the throttle body. After about 10k miles the supercharger started making a strange noise. After disassembling the blower we found a bad bearing witch was contaminated with water. I'm ready to install my kit, but at this point I'm not sure about the small nozzle after the throttle body. Any thoughts?

according to this, the water should have flashed off before it really accumulated:

https://prometh.com/blogs/tech/72804...n-supercharger

Simple reason could be way too much water. Pre SC usually (depends) helps sealing but not IAT