W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPEEDRIVEN | E55 Twin-turbo PKG (feeler)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
e500
Originally Posted by guysandiego
i wasnt trying to indicate it would be a simplier project--

i was trying to illustrate how silly, expensive and difficult the other options are, doing such a huge project on an E500 -- they may as well go all the way and throw a v12 TT into the mix of options---

but-- it would probably be cheaper to just sell the E500 and buy an E55 then Mod it.

My mistake was responding to the dreamer who posted the thought '2 posts' --- I should have known better
I would guess u refering to me as the dreamer in this quote.... Never a dreamer buddy I am a realist ! This e500 is gonna be the only TT E500 the community has prob ever seen .. Sending exhaust manifolds and etc out soon getting a game plan together. There is a million e55's with 500 hp but not to many TT E500 . The E500 rides better than the 55 and would be way more unique in my eyes. Different folks diff strokes! As to your post I never put my 2 cents in places like this cause A****** like ur selF! You aint got nothin worth while for input dont say anything at all!
DREAMER
Old 09-14-2011, 01:03 AM

e500
Custom manifolds

Anyone good at custom manifold work? PM me
Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
you got me --- good luck -- hope it goes smoothly for you.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by Brian420
I would guess u refering to me as the dreamer in this quote.... Never a dreamer buddy I am a realist ! This e500 is gonna be the only TT E500 the community has prob ever seen .. Sending exhaust manifolds and etc out soon getting a game plan together. There is a million e55's with 500 hp but not to many TT E500 . The E500 rides better than the 55 and would be way more unique in my eyes. Different folks diff strokes! As to your post I never put my 2 cents in places like this cause A****** like ur selF! You aint got nothin worth while for input dont say anything at all!
DREAMER
They both have Airmatic. I would like to see how this progresses sounds very interesting.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM

350Z TT, '11 X3 xDrive35i
Alot of miss information in here. If you want to build an e500, do it. Mod the car you're in love with. Patience and money will be a factor in any build. Swapping in a 6.2 wouldn't be ideal if you plan on using the tranny. Its only good to 550whp reliably. e55 trany can hold more, stock.

As for deisels...they use all kinds of boost. Turbo, supercharger...and in some cases both. Boost is good for diesel because the its threshold for detonation is much higher. ThTs why you can run 80psi on a stock diesel. Not even sure why we're talking about that but ok.

As far as build costs to forge the motor and add twins...its not gonna be cheap. I've got over $15k in my heads and block on my 350z. Spent another 15k on twins and supporting mods. Add a stand alone ems ($4k), a baller clutch ($2700) good to 1400 ft/lbs andin the wnd, you spend alot more than the car is worth. Just depends how much you love your car and how hard a time you want selling it. I have ovdr $50k in parts in a $34k car. Why didnt I buy a gtr? They weren't out yet.

On a side note..rear mount turbos are kinda blah. Pushing air to the back and then to the front again. I'd put em right next to the bell housing or sqeeze them in where your manifolds are now.if theres no room, a engine mount spacer kit would help make room on both sides.

Turbos > superchargers. Tuneable, more efficient, no paracitic loss, and sound better than a sc whine.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by BuiltnBoostedZ
Alot of miss information in here. If you want to build an e500, do it. Mod the car you're in love with. Patience and money will be a factor in any build. Swapping in a 6.2 wouldn't be ideal if you plan on using the tranny. Its only good to 550whp reliably. e55 trany can hold more, stock.

As for deisels...they use all kinds of boost. Turbo, supercharger...and in some cases both. Boost is good for diesel because the its threshold for detonation is much higher. ThTs why you can run 80psi on a stock diesel. Not even sure why we're talking about that but ok.

As far as build costs to forge the motor and add twins...its not gonna be cheap. I've got over $15k in my heads and block on my 350z. Spent another 15k on twins and supporting mods. Add a stand alone ems ($4k), a baller clutch ($2700) good to 1400 ft/lbs andin the wnd, you spend alot more than the car is worth. Just depends how much you love your car and how hard a time you want selling it. I have ovdr $50k in parts in a $34k car. Why didnt I buy a gtr? They weren't out yet.

On a side note..rear mount turbos are kinda blah. Pushing air to the back and then to the front again. I'd put em right next to the bell housing or sqeeze them in where your manifolds are now.if theres no room, a engine mount spacer kit would help make room on both sides.

Turbos > superchargers. Tuneable, more efficient, no paracitic loss, and sound better than a sc whine.
Just wandering, what kind of power and times are you putting down in the Z.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by PACougar
Just wandering, what kind of power and times are you putting down in the Z.
Power - a moderate 532whp/530wtq @ 13psi. I was going to retune for 20-22psi and turn the nitrous on (roughly about 800whp), but I don't really drag race anymore. I built the car for road racing, but made everything bullet proof for longevity or if I ever decided to go for stupid power numbers. Actually selling the car now, so I didn't retune. I'll let the new owner be the first to spray on the built motor. Nitrous is on the car from when I was NA, just haven't used in a years. I do purge on the intercooler from time to time though.

Times - just under 2 minutes at MSR Houston.

part list here
http://www.boostedimports.com/forums...ad.php?t=21271

Last edited by BuiltnBoostedZ; 09-14-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Power - a moderate 532whp/530wtq @ 13psi. I was going to retune for 20-22psi and turn the nitrous on (roughly about 800whp), but I don't really drag race anymore. I built the car for road racing, but made everything bullet proof for longevity or if I ever decided to go for stupid power numbers. Actually selling the car now, so I didn't retune. I'll let the new owner be the first to spray on the built motor. Nitrous is on the car from when I was NA, just haven't used in a years. I do purge on the intercooler from time to time though.

Times - just under 2 minutes at MSR Houston.
Sounds sweet, have you ever ran it with the built motor in the 1/4?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Sounds sweet, have you ever ran it with the built motor in the 1/4?
Not with its current setup. Sucks, I know. I even had a drag racing / car show event at Hennessey's track in Sealy in 2009 for my kid sister who passed away. I was too busy running the event to run my car.

If I don't get any bites in the next few weeks, I might head out there just to see. Curious myself. Should be in the low 11s on street tires with the current power level. 800whp should put her in the low 10s high 9s. I sold my drag radials though, so I seriously doubt 9's can be done on street tires...especially with my suspension and alignment setup for road racing. negative 1 degree of camber in the front and 2.5 in the rear. Not really ideal for drag.

Anyhow, back on topic...next car is gonna be an E55, so I'm curious to see these twin kits. I want to keep the oem supercharger on the E in addition to the twins. Compound boost ftw.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's funny, next year I'm going to build a twin setup for mine and compound it with the supercharger. You won't like, but I'm going to replace the mufflers with turbos. I rather put the effort into bringing the air to the front of the car rather then custom manifolds and so on, not to mention the heat issues in the engine compartment.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 AM

That's funny, next year I'm going to build a twin setup for mine and compound it with the supercharger. You won't like, but I'm going to replace the mufflers with turbos. I rather put the effort into bringing the air to the front of the car rather then custom manifolds and so on, not to mention the heat issues in the engine compartment.
Been in a few cars with rear mounted turbos...laggy, even with small snails. Then again, you have the stock blower for low end.

Upgrade the cooling system (you'll have to anyway) and you won't have any heat issues. I have a picture somewhere I took on the road in traffic in the Z. 106 degrees on the outside thermo...and the Z's temp gauge stayed low.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was thinking the same thing when it came to keeping the SC and not having any lag. Trust me, I'm already heavily modified, especially cooling
Old 09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
I 100% agree with this! I have done this a couple of times over. The only reason I did what I did was there was nothing available and I love to modify cars that have potential. When I discovered the E55 (never paid a lot of attention to Mercedes stuff before), my eyes opened up. It is definitely cheaper to sell your car and get an E55 than to make all those mods and have all that down time. I got tired of all the down time and went straight for the E55 ... actually got my E55 becuase I got tired of waiting for the M3 to get done .. now my E55 is down for mods ... LOL. It's just a lot easier to go for E55 and get more than starting with something "lower". I'd probably consider a turbocharging a 4matic since all wheel drive AMG not available, otherwise I think I made the right choice. Agree turbo>S/C (there's always a debate on this subject). In this case, boosted > NA. ALL cars should come with turbo in my opinion ... but that's just my opinion

Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 PM

e500
Yea gonna go simple and do custom headers to t3/t4 flanges. On either side of the tranny. Do a compression and leak down test on the cylinders. Gonna go for 14-15 psi on the stock motor. Change injectors fuel pump install inter-cooler etc. Plan on getting ecu tuned once all is said and done. Eventually gonna trade my 07 c230 for a 55 . I like to have the 500 tho, to play with the TT's! Was gonna buy a 55 yesterday at a nearby dealer but the car sold to quick by the time I found it... Plus was'nt the right color I like black/black.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM

e500
Also imo supercharger and tt's is ghetto! You can boost alot more without the supercharger and we like the sound of a turbo more anyway? My motor is also the 5.0 liter m113 which has a shorter stroke then the 5.4.. Shorter stroke is more ideal for turbo applications!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea gonna go simple and do custom headers to t3/t4 flanges. On either side of the tranny. Do a compression and leak down test on the cylinders. Gonna go for 14-15 psi on the stock motor. Change injectors fuel pump install inter-cooler etc. Plan on getting ecu tuned once all is said and done. Eventually gonna trade my 07 c230 for a 55 . I like to have the 500 tho, to play with the TT's! Was gonna buy a 55 yesterday at a nearby dealer but the car sold to quick by the time I found it... Plus was'nt the right color I like black/black.
Are you going to be running a stock motor with the turbo's? If so 14-15 psi is very high boost on a factory stock NA motor. I'm not hating, I wish you the best of luck with your project. I'm just interested in knowing.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also imo supercharger and tt's is ghetto! You can boost alot more without the supercharger and we like the sound of a turbo more anyway? My motor is also the 5.0 liter m113 which has a shorter stroke then the 5.4.. Shorter stroke is more ideal for turbo applications!
You can stare at my "ghetto" tail lights
Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
14-15 psi on originally N/A non-built motor
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM

e500

The e500 tranny is the exact same as the 55.. 5 speed 722.6 I believe
Old 09-14-2011, 02:14 PM

e500
Originally Posted by gaspam
14-15 psi on originally N/A non-built motor
U guys got 7 psi kleeman superchargers and adding turbo to it on a stock motor no??? Thats hilarious u say somethin like that What u guys gonna boost 5 psi lol wit ur sc? Alot of money for 5 psi HATERSSSS

Last edited by Brian420; 09-14-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Since this thread went somewhat to another topic I'll jump in.

I have not posted dynos on my current EV12 set up but the power results are astonishing to say the least. I will round, my set up is putting roughly 700rwhp at roughly 1.2 Bar...thats nothing, what makes it more interesting is the Air fuel is just in the 9.5, 9.6 range at WOT. Thats ridiculous rich. We are not even talking race gas yet, timing etc... The damn boost controller didnt let me raise the boost to 1.6-1.7 bar but I finally got it to that and threw in a new file. Just when we were about to redyno the intercoolers started leaking. we are fixing that right now and will jump right back in the dyno this weekend.

I went with this set up because I owned a 65 modded to the teeth. Everything I ran it killed at the track. While many will say its not practical having this set up, It is the best thing I could have made.
A V12 in the lighter boddy E class is my perfect recipe for a 9 second slip.

While I dont believe in bench racing and definitely dont want to run my mouth without first having this thing go on a track I will not rest until it runs 9s. Its the only reason I went this route. If you do the simple math you will see it will.

If someone has the patience, money and a good shop its definitely doable. The toughtest part is not the fabrication, its dealing with the smallest details in tuning, programming etc. Knock on wood the last gremlin I am going thru is tuning and speedriven just sent me a new file.

I am making it to MIR Oct 7th I hope to make her track debut that day.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

U guys got 7 psi kleeman superchargers and adding turbo to it on a stock motor no??? Thats hilarious u say somethin like that What u guys gonna boost 5 psi lol wit ur sc? Alot of money for 5 psi
What are you talking about? We don't have Kleeman SC's, we do have motors built for boost, and we make alot more then 7 pounds of boost. I'm starting to realize you don't have the slightest clue what your talking about. I'm guessing the biggest mod you've done to a vehicle involves taking it to a tire shop
MBWorld Fanatic!

U guys got 7 psi kleeman superchargers and adding turbo to it on a stock motor no??? Thats hilarious u say somethin like that What u guys gonna boost 5 psi lol wit ur sc? Alot of money for 5 psi
u really dont know what u r talkin about do you? we have 11.2 PSI on the amg s/c... there is no 7psi kleeman in the w211 e55.

also the tranny in e500 and e55 are not the same... e55 uses Speedshift 5-speed automatic transmission which has a torque capacity of 796 lb-ft while the e500 7G-Tronic which is limited to 542 lb-ft..

good luck with that custom 15psi turbo set up on stock naturally aspirated motor post videos
MBWorld Fanatic!

What are you talking about? We don't have Kleeman SC's, we do have motors built for boost, and we make alot more then 7 pounds of boost. I'm starting to realize you don't have the slightest clue what your talking about. I'm guessing the biggest mod you've done to a vehicle involves taking it to a tire shop
^ EXACTLY
Old 09-14-2011, 02:26 PM

e500
7 psi to each 4 cylinders. Should not be to much at all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: SPEEDRIVEN | E55 Twin-turbo PKG (feeler)