W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPEEDRIVEN | E55 Twin-turbo PKG (feeler)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
When is this so called TT 55 happening, all talking and no walking maybe?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by e500slr
No offense but the C55 is a girls car, it was one of Mercs ugliest designs.
This statement laughable at best... and no I don't agree with you.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
When is this so called TT 55 happening, all talking and no walking maybe?
......very true. This topic has been discussed to death. The truth is that there are not really any true Mercedes Benz tuners. We have outfits that sell modified factory parts. The only true new performance product in the last 5 years is the supecharger for the 63 cars. With other makes, you have tuners twin turboing exotics like lambo's and ferrari's. With the so called Mercedes tuners all u get is repeated ads for so called specials on pulley and tune over and over and over. If u are a so called Mercedes tuner, quit making us laugh!! Do something novel!

Ted
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
......very true. This topic has been discussed to death. The truth is that there are not really any true Mercedes Benz tuners. We have outfits that sell modified factory parts. The only true new performance product in the last 5 years is the supecharger for the 63 cars. With other makes, you have tuners twin turboing exotics like lambo's and ferrari's. With the so called Mercedes tuners all u get is repeated ads for so called specials on pulley and tune over and over and over. If u are a so called Mercedes tuner, quit making us laugh!! Do something novel!

Ted
Ted, I slightly disagree with some of your assumptions. I believe there are truely some tuners that do make some quality products and just dont hide behind the mask you are talking about. I think we will soon see some of their works.

If you dont believe me take a look at my signature.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Like I said back in July, it ain't gonna happen. I think it was more of a pipe dream that is talked about and then doesn't happen due to "not enough interest." There may be some one off thing like the EV12 setup but I don't see anyone being able to call up and order this. It was a if I recall correctly few week build to put together and it is 3 months later with nothing mentioned. There may be one person having something done and it is taking a long time to do for some unknown reason but I don't see a kit ever being available any time soon.

What needs to happen and to keep things simple is have a bigger supercharger available, probably could get a mustang charger and cut the runners off it and make custom ones to fit to the heads on the E55 and weld them to the exisiting aftermarket supercharger, that would be cool especially with the EvoSport top mount intercoolers getting ready to come out, which reminds me weren't those supposed to be machined last week moved to this week and still haven't seen that yet. That is certainly something interesting to results from. They need to hurry before it gets cold out so people can actually see how well they work or don't work with some actual heat outside.

Last edited by urbamworm; 09-14-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
e500
No offense but the C55 is a girls car, it was one of Mercs ugliest designs. They fixed the C class with the C63 era C Class but the old one is just stupid. The interior is depressing too. Why would anyone spend money on that car?
I have to agree def a girls car! C63 looks mean

Last edited by Brian420; 09-15-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Ted, I slightly disagree with some of your assumptions. I believe there are truely some tuners that do make some quality products and just dont hide behind the mask you are talking about. I think we will soon see some of their works.

If you dont believe me take a look at my signature.

.....I am familiar with what's being done to your car. That is awesome. That however had nothing to do with the topic, since it is not a product that is available for anyone to purchase. The E55 has been around for 9 years and the CL65 had been around for 6 years. The so called Mercedes tuners may want to take a look at what tuners of other makes are doing. It's like a joke in Mercedes Benz tuning land. I think we have all adapted to the low expectations.

Ted
Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by msheredy
Consider the source my friend
Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
.....I am familiar with what's being done to your car. That is awesome. That however had nothing to do with the topic, since it is not a product that is available for anyone to purchase. The E55 has been around for 9 years and the CL65 had been around for 6 years. The so called Mercedes tuners may want to take a look at what tuners of other makes are doing. It's like a joke in Mercedes Benz tuning land. I think we have all adapted to the low expectations.

Ted
I see where you are going. That is correct. Its also due to the complicated programming of the ECU. Its the pitfall of all these problems.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth

Ted
i think the lack of tuning has a lot to do with the demographics of MB owner vs say Subaru WRX STI owners... a lot more subi guys are willing to mod their car than MB owners and thus demand for subi tuners is MUCH higher than MB tuners.... same goes for Buggatti, ferrari, etc.... how many buggatti tuners out there? not many cuz not enough demand...

simple fact is that for 99% of people out there, if car comes with 500hp from factory then its enough for them... there's the 1% like us that always wants more though

but when a kids honda come with 170hp from factory then about 99% of them want to add more HP and thus the plethora of Honda tuners vs MB tuners

its simply not smart business idea for a tuner to open a MB tuning shop vs opening a honda tuning shop

i hope we get a turbo setup but like others have said i think its going to be more of a one-off kinda thing as opposed to a true kit since only about 10 -20 people probably really are gonna buy the kit then the kit would have to be super expensive to justifty the tuner's cost to build

if we had a 10,000 kids waiting to buy a kit like the honda crowd then it would be a different story and this kit would be out there already
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Consider the source my friend
Yea I did That's why I kept it short and sweet. I didn't want this thread to turn into yet another direction and have this happen -->

Back on topic I'd still really like to see this project/feeler come to fruition sooner rather than later.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Im sure a lot of the N/A crowd of the V8s and V6s would buy a turbo kit. I think we should make a POLL!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by gaspam
i think the lack of tuning has a lot to do with the demographics of MB owner vs say Subaru WRX STI owners... a lot more subi guys are willing to mod their car than MB owners and thus demand for subi tuners is MUCH higher than MB tuners.... same goes for Buggatti, ferrari, etc.... how many buggatti tuners out there? not many cuz not enough demand...

simple fact is that for 99% of people out there, if car comes with 500hp from factory then its enough for them... there's the 1% like us that always wants more though

but when a kids honda come with 170hp from factory then about 99% of them want to add more HP and thus the plethora of Honda tuners vs MB tuners

its simply not smart business idea for a tuner to open a MB tuning shop vs opening a honda tuning shop

i hope we get a turbo setup but like others have said i think its going to be more of a one-off kinda thing as opposed to a true kit since only about 10 -20 people probably really are gonna buy the kit then the kit would have to be super expensive to justifty the tuner's cost to build

if we had a 10,000 kids waiting to buy a kit like the honda crowd then it would be a different story and this kit would be out there already
.......I think you are completely incorrect on several fronts. First, I was not talking about Subaru owners. My post specifically mentioned Lamborghini and Ferrari. Look again at my post. Am I correct? Yes. Secondly, your response dealt with the "number" of tuners. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I or anyone said. He issue has not been the number of tuners, but has been what the said there are actuall doing. Yes, if you have 100 mecedes there making twin turbo kits, none will make a profit. But we are not talk g about 100 or 50 or 10 or even 5 or 2. We are talking about just one. Today, there are three tuners that twin turbo lamborghinis. All are profitable. And I think there are probably fewer Lamborghinis on the road than there are Mercedes Benz cars. I invite u to visit to visithttp://www.undergroundracing.com to see what real tuners do with even limited production exotics.

The off hand snobish response that Mercedes Benz owners are too sophisticated to appreciate and purchase twin turbo kids is laughable. It just masks the fact that there are no real tuners in the Mercedes Benz market that can do the job. Poor Subaru owners get dumped on all the time.

Ted
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
.......I think you are completely incorrect on several fronts. First, I was not talking about Subaru owners. My post specifically mentioned Lamborghini and Ferrari. Look again at my post. Am I correct? Yes. Secondly, your response dealt with the "number" of tuners. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I or anyone said. He issue has not been the number of tuners, but has been what the said there are actuall doing. Yes, if you have 100 mecedes there making twin turbo kits, none will make a profit. But we are not talk g about 100 or 50 or 10 or even 5 or 2. We are talking about just one. Today, there are three tuners that twin turbo lamborghinis. All are profitable. And I think there are probably fewer Lamborghinis on the road than there are Mercedes Benz cars. I invite u to visit to visithttp://www.undergroundracing.com to see what real tuners do with even limited production exotics.

The off hand snobish response that Mercedes Benz owners are too sophisticated to appreciate and purchase twin turbo kids is laughable. It just masks the fact that there are no real tuners in the Mercedes Benz market that can do the job. Poor Subaru owners get dumped on all the time.

Ted
i never said you were talkin about subaru... i was making an analogy that you didnt get obviously about supply and demand and thus the reason for lack of MB tuners...

point is there is a demand in those other markets that justifies the R&D that goes into producing a kit... there is not enough demand in MB market to make a tuner undertake such a project... as soon as you get 10-20 people willing each to put a $5,000 deposit on a build then you will see tuner do it..

And i know plenty about UGR and lambo owners are much different owner than a MB own as most lambo owners have quite a bit more disposable income than MB owners (the cheapest lambo you can get is quite abit more $$ than the cheapest MB)... the UGR shop is a specialzed shop that caters to people willing to spend $70K plus on a custom build... if you take your MB there, they will do the same for you

and the UGR setups are not "off the shelf" turbo kits that people here are asking for... they are custom $70K+ setups.... not $5,000 off the shelf honda tuner kits

if you want a UGR type custom setup then you can have it as SPEED DRIVEN has stated they are ready to build it.. contact them and get your build going

But for mass produced off the shelf kit for us... it aint gonna happen cuz demand is not there
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Not trying to hurt your feelings or get on your nerves, it's just the way the car looks. It says you have an C63 anyway so why would you care, the C63 is a very mean looking car. I just said the old C55 W203 is girly and ugly. Just look at the exterior and interior.

Or this

I'm not trying to **** of C55 lovers but the C63 is just in a different league. The C55 is girlier than the CLK non-Black Series.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
The interior you posted is not from a C55 but from a C32. The C55 is not girly nor ugly. The C55 is the most aggressive looking W203 made, Your saying that all w203's are girly looking.

I think we need to have a vote-ban option.......

Last edited by MBfinatic; 09-19-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Let's see a list of fools that are willing to put a $5,000 deposit on a kit that doesn't yet exist.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Not trying to hurt your feelings or get on your nerves, it's just the way the car looks. It says you have an C63 anyway so why would you care, the C63 is a very mean looking car. I just said the old C55 W203 is girly and ugly. Just look at the exterior and interior.

Or this

I'm not trying to **** of C55 lovers but the C63 is just in a different league. The C55 is girlier than the CLK non-Black Series.
The main reason why changing out superchargers and adding turbos has not caught on with Mercedes is that fact that tuning them is so difficult and expensive. Lamborghini uses the same type of ecu as a Volkswagen and it is much easier to tune than a Mercedes ecu.

As for the C and CLK being girly or ugly cars that is just your opinion. While the C63 is aggressive, there are plenty of people that thought it was ugly. Every time there is a new iteration of an existing car, there well be the few that think of it as ugly or lower quality. Look at all the people that dislike the new E-class. You'll also have the crowd that does not like the E-class because it drives heavy and does not feel as sporty as some thing smaller like the C or CLK.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by loudandheard
The main reason why changing out superchargers and adding turbos has not caught on with Mercedes is that fact that tuning them is so difficult and expensive. Lamborghini uses the same type of ecu as a Volkswagen and it is much easier to tune than a Mercedes ecu.
Actually that is not true. Tuning turbos wouldn't be any harder than for the superchargers, it is forced induction no matter which way you slice it. Next, VW/Audi use Bosch Motronic engine conrol modules just like Mercedes Benz uses Bosch Motronic. Audi has some of the most advanced ecus out there. And for the Lamborghinis that are tuned with turbos they are running standalone computers such as AEM EMS for an example.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
I agree with you. There is almost no difference between tuning for supercharger and turbo, unless you are talking about wastegate control etc ...

To others:
It's all the other stuff you need to take into consideration. The Mercedes communication CAN network is complex with DBW trhottle, electronic brakes and sophisticated traction controls. Even down to cornering, the nanny control restricts how much throttle you can give in a turn. If you were to slap on a standalone, who knows what issues you'd run into! On some cars, the A/C compressor clutch turns off when WOT as an example ...small insignificant example here. but you may run into lot's of little headaches, headaches tuners want to avoid.

If you're willing to give up on a lot of these, then go for it! Most other cars I would, not a newer, higher end Mercedes. I think V12Godspeed made the right choice in his case ... unless you want an all out race car stick as close to stock as possible for this type of Benz.

my 2 cents ....

How old is this thread again? Any updates?

*EDIT* Wow, they really are running AEM ems on these exotics .. I am surprised. There's quite a few limitations to the AEM even when piggybacked on stock system. I have the same Honda AEM ems adapted for all of my boosted cars (except E55). It works but I would have guessed they used a more sophisticated unit like a MOTEC or something ... especially at those prices!!! Even for my M3 I am moving to a higher end GEMs unit! (I like a bit of overkill)

Originally Posted by urbamworm
Actually that is not true. Tuning turbos wouldn't be any harder than for the superchargers, it is forced induction no matter which way you slice it. Next, VW/Audi use Bosch Motronic engine conrol modules just like Mercedes Benz uses Bosch Motronic. Audi has some of the most advanced ecus out there. And for the Lamborghinis that are tuned with turbos they are running standalone computers such as AEM EMS for an example.

Last edited by turbo97se; 09-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think we just need a bigger supercharger and forget the turbo idea. So much easier to swap a charger compared to new manifolds, turbos, new dowpipes and exhaust, new intercooler plumbing for turbos, oil feed and drain lines which will both need something custom to tap them in to supply and return the oil, possible coolant lines also needing to be tapped in if oil/coolant turbos ran, etc etc etc.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 PM

e55 2005

Ted

TED im sorry but I think you have gone to far and your ego is making you go further and looking even more ridiculous.

someone explained it very clearly, it's just not worth it for a MB tuner especially not on a used engine... especially not now that the e63 are come with 5.5 TT's... and regardless of the new models... the fact is these are 90K cars and the average guy who buys it just likes the idea of the extra power from a e550... we on this forum are most probably 1% or 2% if even of the amg owners, The reality is most people buy the mb amg because of the sleeper aspect it, for the normal eye it looks like a normal mercedes just a little bit sportier... someone who makes 60K to 200K annual salary most probably fits in the amg range... now your talking lambos and ferrari's you are far beyond that, you are talking deep pockets ridiculous money, especially since lambos are far away from being daily drivers. they are spending 150k+ for something thats already too powerful and too flashy and want to make it even more exclusive... I doubt that the average amg owner is looking for that extra extra edge... he just wants it a little bit more sportier a little bit faster, a little bit more exclusive than his mb counterparts while still being able to go to the shopping mall or park in front of the office without having paparazi's and people taking pictures with their phones.

thats the difference the other posters are trying to identify to you, they are just different markets.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I'm wondering why anyone doesn't call UGR to see if they will make something? It seems everyone wants this to happen but no one is willing to use their car for it...or so it seems. I understand why this is taking so long as there would obviously be a limited market and I'm sure no one wants to drop their beast off at a shop for a few months. UGR did the GT40 TT and I'm totally guessin here but I would assume that it's somewhat similar...

Maybe I'm just crazy...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM

E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I'm wondering why anyone doesn't call UGR to see if they will make something? It seems everyone wants this to happen but no one is willing to use their car for it...or so it seems. I understand why this is taking so long as there would obviously be a limited market and I'm sure no one wants to drop their beast off at a shop for a few months. UGR did the GT40 TT and I'm totally guessin here but I would assume that it's somewhat similar...

Maybe I'm just crazy...
Interweb racers. fact is it's easy to say "F*** yea I want a turbo kit! make it happen." but to actually go through the entire process start to finish and the downtime necessary to tackle the project, there's maybe a handful of people at best willing to do it. when I built my Toyota it was single handily the biggest Pain in my *** I have ever had, and I've had some physcho B***h ex-girlfriends too that can't compare to the anguish that little car put me through.

I hope to get in contact with UGR sometime next year once I get my personal finances situated, I'd love to have a kit now, like right f**king now, but it's just not a priority at the moment.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 855 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Price may be the mitigating factor. UGR's work is crazy expensive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: SPEEDRIVEN | E55 Twin-turbo PKG (feeler)