Sponsored by:

I want my damn car back!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
I want my damn car back!!!

I took my car in 5 weeks ago because I kept getting the error 'low beam left' on my dash display and the drivers side headlight wouldn't work. So I took it into the dealership to have the diagnose and fix it. I get the car back in a week and am happy. As soon as I pull into my garage my lights turn on from the auto function, and guess what, the drivers side headlight doesn't work.

So I return the car to them within the hour, and now they have had the car for another 4 weeks, and they don't know what is wrong with it!! Is it ridiculous of me to expect them to have figured out what is wrong with it by now? I mean I'm pretty sure they could have rewired the entire car by now??

And I am getting sick of having this c300 loaner. I mean it's better than having nothing, and the mpg is great, but **** I swear I see way more m3s and m5s when I'm in this POS. And i just look at them and I'm like you have no idea how much I would ream you if I was in my real car! I miss the beast, and everything about it!!

/Rant
Old 07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Did you tap into any wiring in the fuse box to run your ic pump?Finding a electrical problem can be a real pain in the ***.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Dealership had my CLS for about five weeks for a vibration. Every time I went to check on the car it was not there. So I complained (yelled) at the manager and got my car back the next day with no vibration and new tires. Lol
Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
hmmm... Modded E55 AMG stuck at dealership for a long time? I'd be getting worried. Did you happen to write your mileage before you dropped the car off?

In all seriousness... It's not that difficult to find out why an electrical component is failing. Start at failed component, check power and ground. If good, then it's the component. If bad, move backwards until you find the issue. Time consuming, sure, but not 4 weeks worth of time. And yes, the entire car could have been rewired by now.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Armada
Andrew that sucks. It should not take 4 weeks to figure something out. My guess is they have not touched your car and it is sitting out back. I would be in somebodies face demanding answers.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by VividRacing
hmmm... Modded E55 AMG stuck at dealership for a long time? I'd be getting worried. Did you happen to write your mileage before you dropped the car off?

In all seriousness... It's not that difficult to find out why an electrical component is failing. Start at failed component, check power and ground. If good, then it's the component. If bad, move backwards until you find the issue. Time consuming, sure, but not 4 weeks worth of time. And yes, the entire car could have been rewired by now.
yeah i do actually have the mileage and everything, and have a badass lawyer in case any suspicious **** comes up.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking, it really cannot be that hard to diagnose this issue. there are only so many things that it could be you know?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Sorry to hear Andrew. Can't you daily drive the twin turbo viper
Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Sorry to hear Andrew. Can't you daily drive the twin turbo viper
Haha it's actually pretty tame when just driving normally and MoTeC not set to death kill haha. Plus it gets pretty damn good highway MPGs lol! But in traffic it is a *****!

I'm just beating the crap out of the c300 for the time being haha
Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
Andrew that sucks. It should not take 4 weeks to figure something out. My guess is they have not touched your car and it is sitting out back. I would be in somebodies face demanding answers.
Yeah I'm going to go up there later and try to figure out wtf is going on!! They keep saying they're working on it etc and i have seen it in the stall etc, but I just don't know what the hell they could be doing.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Demand the dealer to call MBUSA for tech help...And ask where is the district manager re this....And last have them call and talk to a engineer ...
I'm sure that will open the service managers eyes....

Most techs today CANNOT diag the problem........just toss parts at it and hope that it's repaired ....where was the shop foreman on this...ask about qc ?
Or lack of......
Old 07-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
I have the same problem, I don't know its exact name but it is the starter module for the xenon light I believe, not the actual xenon itself and they are not cheap. Definitely should not have taken this long to fix. Should be an afternoon job as soon as they have the part.

And I sympathize with your story, it seems whenever your in a POS car every single nice car in the universe decides to come out for the day!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Drive the Viper
Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 PM

E55 AMG
I just read the post and had a great laugh!

I too have been stuck in a rental c300 and I hate it! It's been about three weeks now. My car is currently down in Florida...swapped engine, 168 pulley, 80mm tb, EC long tubes, Renntech dyno tune, motor and trans mounts, race cats, all gaskets and seals, spark plugs/wires, exc.

I cannot wait to get her back Friday!

Hope you get your headlight situation resolved!