W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruisin down the 5(in my E55) today and got dissed by fellow E55 (nicely modded).

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK55AMG
I'm sure that a corvette, cobra,and viper will roll race you any time you want. Post it up on SVTP they are all about roll racing on that site.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 AM

996TT
I notice most of the AMG owners aren't enthusiasts. They just look at you like "that's right" or "what are you looking at" faces. Weird. Occasionally run into cool guys. There are definitely more M owners that are enthusiasts. Even some of them recognize AMG owners. Porsche owners are a different breed. Most are older people who can't tell the difference between the Boxster and a Turbo but the younger owners are usually hardcore enthusiasts.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I must say I am absolutely amazed at some of the responses in this thread. You all should be ashamed of yourself. You act like acknowledging someone else with a similar interest to yours is some painstaking process. My god, how hard is it to smile/wave/give the thumbs up to someone who has similar interests as you? Isn't this something that you would like to see? What makes it even worse is you are on an online forum where people talk about this very thing, that being their interests in these cars and other cars and then you are going to be a scrooge out on the road. Really?

Some people need to lighten up a little.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I must say I am absolutely amazed at some of the responses in this thread. You all should be ashamed of yourself. You act like acknowledging someone else with a similar interest to yours is some painstaking process. My god, how hard is it to smile/wave/give the thumbs up to someone who has similar interests as you? Isn't this something that you would like to see? What makes it even worse is you are on an online forum where people talk about this very thing, that being their interests in these cars and other cars and then you are going to be a scrooge out on the road. Really?
really yourself. I don't have to be ashamed of a god damn thing. Just because some clown plunked down a whopping $28,000 to buy an E55 and wants to honk, wave, give thumbs up or do whatever, doesn't mean I have to acknowledge him. The most such an individual would get from me is a slight nod, and thats after continual prodding.

Is it something I would like to see? No...don't care.

I'm on the forum for technical conversation and to correct the loads of bull**** you guys come up with...not for camaraderie or to sing kumbaya.

Perhaps the better idea is not to get butthurt when someone doesn't acknowledge your incessant waving honking or otherwise and simply go about your day.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Cranky much? And what does amount of money that someone may have spent have to do with anything? Are you a loner and have no friends and don't like people? Like I said before, it isn't some huge task to acknowlege someone who may be friendly. I am not saying I go driving around waving at everything on the road, in fact I would say I almost never would do something like that, but if someone did give me the wave/thumbs up I would most certainly do it in return or at least smile and even more so if they were driving the same car as me which is further compounded by the fact that the particular car isn't your common Toyota Camry.

The most ironic thing about your post is you express how much you could care less about others but then you come here to "correct the loads of bull****." That is quite comical if you ask me that you care about what others may be saying while at the same time don't care about these same people on the roads, go figure.

You seem to be very angry at life, here is a hug.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
what does that have to do with anything?
it has to do with the fact that there is very little holding us all together....
we don't have to sing kumbaiya together (LOL)......
but having honor, respect and valor for more than just yourself is an attribute....

yes, 'who cares?' in reality?
nobody does.......but we like to expend our thoughts and feelings with aggression and anxst.....it's really the easy way out.....

it's much tougher to be a kind, thoughtful person than the opposite....
I'm not claiming to be a paragon of any sort.....
I just wonder where all that hostility gets someone........

'cranky 7 year old voice'
MY sandbox is bigger than YOUR sandbox

Last edited by hyperion667; 07-16-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
I don't think it has anything to do with honor, respect, or valor. I just don't get why anyone would go out of their way to acknowledge another's vehicle... Just like I wouldn't want some stranger stalking my wife to tell her how hot they think she is...

Personally, if I see a vehicle on the road that I like, I check it out, but I certainly don't make a fool out of myself and wave at the driver for 10 minutes trying to get their attention. Just the other day I saw an Audi R8 V10 Spyder merge onto the highway in front of me. I admired it from the back and as my exit came, I sped up so I could look at it from the side and the front... Never once did give the driver a thumbs up or wave... So, because I don't wave, I am not an enthusiast? I beg to differ!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 133 Likes on 47 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by Lycan
I live around a lot of MB folks (bunch of fake AMGs, too) and just quit trying to be friendly with them. Most people don't share our enthusiasm or celebration of the brand. It's a small percent. Even in Corvette circles (where it is customary to wave) you get people looking at you like you are about to rob them. Same thing with Harleys....Jeeps, etc. If I am out on my Harley maybe 50% of the riders wave back. Same with my Vettes, etc. With MB the % is much much lower. It's mostly rich people who view it as a car and not a hobby. You win some and lose some...just continue being friendly.
So far the only AMG cars I have seen around here are all owned by people in their 50s or older, and when I wave they give me a sneer and a look like I am a jacka$$ for waving to them. The only exception was a younger guy in a white C63 that waved when he saw me. The funny thing is that when I am in my NSX the Corvette guys wave to me thinking I am one of them. LOL!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM

g55
Man... I wasn't egging the guy on.z I just thought it was pretty interesting thAt a fully modded e55 didn't give a shout out to another fully modded e55.
No big deal. I've been a big part of the M5 world, M3 both E46 and E92 world and pretty heavy in the 996 TT world, and currently real heavy in the muscle car world... And there was always mutual respects.

Call me crazy but I figured in the "modded" E55 world... There would be the same mutual respect. So far.... Doesn't seem to be the case. Not a big deal.. And I'm not "butt hurt"... Just wanted to bust some *****.

I am also a big car enthusiast.... I go to street races till dawn, then cars and coffe the next morning, followed by a cruise, ect. Been doing it for yeeeaaars. I'll let people sit in my car if they are exited about it, and I wave back to someone that waves to me. Call me crazy.. But in my opinion... It's mutual respect for one another's car. Even if its a civic.

All this has carried from city to city. Tough *** Philly, Chicago, Dallas, frisco, and now San Diego... So it's not like I'm new to this car ****. Just the E55 world.

So 06E55... Have a great time in your own world... And don't bother introducing yourself, or your Bently if we ever run into each other.... Because I'd rather not get to know you.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
dgkalis - I would have totally given you a thumbs up if I were in the other car. I can understand a non modded car not acknowledging you because the car might mean nothing to them. When it is a modded car though, 90% of the time they will appreciate another modded car. Especially if they are both the same make and model.

I once stalked a guy down on a forum because I saw a forum sticker on his car. (I was riding shotgun in my wifes car at the time and made her catch him so I could have a good look.) Found him on the forum, met up and he became one of, if not my best friend ever. Don't hesitate to engage people with cars that you like. You might strike out every once in awhile but you might end up meeting a really great person who will make a HUGE impact in your life.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:28 AM

06 E55 AMG, 86 Corolla,87 E30,02 LSB M3
is cool man..
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by dgkalis
I am also a big car enthusiast.... I go to street races till dawn, then cars and coffe the next morning, followed by a cruise, ect. Been doing it for yeeeaaars.
Street racing, seriously? That explains it all!!!

So 06E55... Have a great time in your own world... And don't bother introducing yourself, or your Bently if we ever run into each other.... Because I'd rather not get to know you.
Trust me, the feeling is mutual!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by 06E55
I don't think it has anything to do with honor, respect, or valor. I just don't get why anyone would go out of their way to acknowledge another's vehicle... Just like I wouldn't want some stranger stalking my wife to tell her how hot they think she is...

Personally, if I see a vehicle on the road that I like, I check it out, but I certainly don't make a fool out of myself and wave at the driver for 10 minutes trying to get their attention. Just the other day I saw an Audi R8 V10 Spyder merge onto the highway in front of me. I admired it from the back and as my exit came, I sped up so I could look at it from the side and the front... Never once did give the driver a thumbs up or wave... So, because I don't wave, I am not an enthusiast? I beg to differ!
I agree, a woman is different....
not waving does not make you lame.......
not waving because you think your car is better or more expensive is...

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
So far the only AMG cars I have seen around here are all owned by people in their 50s or older, and when I wave they give me a sneer and a look like I am a jacka$$ for waving to them. The only exception was a younger guy in a white C63 that waved when he saw me. The funny thing is that when I am in my NSX the Corvette guys wave to me thinking I am one of them. LOL!
now that is lame.....old people should know better, trouble is, they're paranoid and senile, lol....we young people could make a difference by sticking together.....no not having a circle jerk....just being honorable to one another......

[quote=dgkalis;4758560]Man... I wasn't egging the guy on.z I just thought it was pretty interesting thAt a fully modded e55 didn't give a shout out to another fully modded e55.
No big deal. I've been a big part of the M5 world, M3 both E46 and E92 world and pretty heavy in the 996 TT world, and currently real heavy in the muscle car world... And there was always mutual respects.

Call me crazy but I figured in the "modded" E55 world... There would be the same mutual respect. So far.... Doesn't seem to be the case. Not a big deal.. And I'm not "butt hurt"... Just wanted to bust some *****.

I am also a big car enthusiast.... I go to street races till dawn, then cars and coffe the next morning, followed by a cruise, ect. Been doing it for yeeeaaars. I'll let people sit in my car if they are exited about it, and I wave back to someone that waves to me. Call me crazy.. But in my opinion... It's mutual respect for one another's car. Even if its a civic.

All this has carried from city to city. Tough *** Philly, Chicago, Dallas, frisco, and now San Diego... So it's not like I'm new to this car ****. Just the E55 world.

that's what I mean.....where is the mutual respect? appriciation?
it's not there because we're all to wrapped up in ourselves....
pretty sad really......
would we save a life for the suffering or for our own ego?
and yeah, I have seen some civic's that deserved a shout out.....
give respect...........get respect...

peace

Last edited by hyperion667; 07-17-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
o6e55: I see you're in the Raleigh area......you sound like a real nice person.....a transplant perhaps.......no southern hospitality with you eh?
only northern hostility it seems....

if you see me out there, don't get mad or jealous that my cars are nicer than yours........I won't wave........LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Cranky much? And what does amount of money that someone may have spent have to do with anything? Are you a loner and have no friends and don't like people? Like I said before, it isn't some huge task to acknowlege someone who may be friendly. I am not saying I go driving around waving at everything on the road, in fact I would say I almost never would do something like that, but if someone did give me the wave/thumbs up I would most certainly do it in return or at least smile and even more so if they were driving the same car as me which is further compounded by the fact that the particular car isn't your common Toyota Camry.

The most ironic thing about your post is you express how much you could care less about others but then you come here to "correct the loads of bull****." That is quite comical if you ask me that you care about what others may be saying while at the same time don't care about these same people on the roads, go figure.

You seem to be very angry at life, here is a hug.

It's a lost cause man, I've gave up on these people a while ago.

I think I'm just going to be a dick from now on. F- your grocery-getters, I got a black series.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
And what does amount of money that someone may have spent have to do with anything? Are you a loner and have no friends and don't like people?

Firstly, just about anyone can own of these things, hence Im not going to wave/smile at every tom dick and harry that happens to drive by.

Am I a loner and don't like people? No, but that has nothing to do with it anyway.

The reason I care to correct bull**** is so that some inexperienced owner doesn't come on the site and either A. become a retard or B. damage is car. You can consider that my version of waving and smiling if it makes you happy.

Originally Posted by hyperion667
but having honor, respect and valor for more than just yourself is an attribute....
Dude, what? honor, respect, and valor. None of these things have anything to do with cars. I don't respect or honor cars. And valor? What does great courage have to do with driving/owning a certain automobile.

Originally Posted by 06E55
I don't think it has anything to do with honor, respect, or valor.

Personally, if I see a vehicle on the road that I like, I check it out, but I certainly don't make a fool out of myself and wave at the driver for 10 minutes trying to get their attention.
Exactly, i see a nice car, I look at it and then go about my day. whats the big deal.

Originally Posted by snail45
Don't hesitate to engage people with cars that you like. You might strike out every once in awhile but you might end up meeting a really great person who will make a HUGE impact in your life.
Chances that I'm going to meet someone who has a HUGE impact in my life because of the car they own is nearly zero.

[QUOTE=hyperion667;4758862].just being honorable to one another......

How does that relate to car ownership?

that's what I mean.....where is the mutual respect? appriciation?

give respect...........get respect...

peace
Respect for what? For owning a car?

Last edited by Quadcammer; 07-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 PM

g55
Meh.... Nevermind. Lol.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
When at a gas station or shopping area, I've approached a few people in their AMG's, mostly older men. It surprises me that most of them barely even know the engine that's in their car!

So often just having an AMG does not always mean they share the passion and enthusiasm for the details of cars.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
This thread is going nowhere
Old 07-17-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Not acknowledging someone's car doesn't make that driver a douchebag. Personally, I prefer to look straight ahead especially on the freeways. The issue is with the person wanting and needing the attention/acknowledgement, not the person who who just wants to drive. At one of our research clinics, we treat alot of people with Narcissistic or Histrionic Personality Disorders and they pretty much want acknowledgement for every little thing from the pants they're wearing to the car they drive into clinic.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM

g55
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Not acknowledging someone's car doesn't make that driver a douchebag. Personally, I prefer to look straight ahead especially on the freeways. The issue is with the person wanting and needing the attention/acknowledgement, not the person who who just wants to drive. At one of our research clinics, we treat alot of people with Narcissistic or Histrionic Personality Disorders and they pretty much want acknowledgement for every little thing from the pants they're wearing to the car they drive into clinic.
that could be me for sure.... in my line of work... getting acknowledgement is key. Big time.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:56 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
finally someone who understands.....
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
that could be me for sure.... in my line of work... getting acknowledgement is key. Big time.
If it pays well, stay with it
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 E55
This is the most emo thread I've ever read.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by rondocap
I've approached a few people in their AMG's, mostly older men.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cruisin down the 5(in my E55) today and got dissed by fellow E55 (nicely modded).