W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruisin down the 5(in my E55) today and got dissed by fellow E55 (nicely modded).

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Cruisin down the 5(in my E55) today and got dissed by fellow E55 (nicely modded).

Just North of San Juan Capistrano... i was in the carpool lane.. saw a real sick looking silver on black wheels E55 a few lanes over.. so i jumped out of carpool.. slowed down.. got in the lane next to the fella... and i was waiting for the dude to pull up and at least let me give him a thumbs up or something.....

But nope. Slowed all the way down to 50.. but he wouldn't come up next to me. Then i slowed to 40... he passed on by with out a wave or nothing.

So i sat back and admired his car... then took off.. gave him a little "honk honk".. and still nothing. And yeah.. i was in a modded E55 as well.

Im sure i've seen the car here on the board... Anyway... it was LAME... hopefully not all E55 owners are that way...
Old 07-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
they aren't!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:06 AM

2008 E63AMGP30
I live around a lot of MB folks (bunch of fake AMGs, too) and just quit trying to be friendly with them. Most people don't share our enthusiasm or celebration of the brand. It's a small percent. Even in Corvette circles (where it is customary to wave) you get people looking at you like you are about to rob them. Same thing with Harleys....Jeeps, etc. If I am out on my Harley maybe 50% of the riders wave back. Same with my Vettes, etc. With MB the % is much much lower. It's mostly rich people who view it as a car and not a hobby. You win some and lose some...just continue being friendly.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Douche.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Note to self, when a fellow AMG owner acts like a tool on the road, hit the electric cutout button,open those sum *****es up, and do a WOT blast passed him.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Could it be that he was actually paying attention to the road and not someone else's vehicle?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
DB - I would think this would more likely only happen NY. There are *****s everywhere.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
maybe he thought you wanted to race him when you slowed down more and more??
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Don't worry you loose nothing, and dont pay mind to it. Keep honking away at your AMG crew mang!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
who cares? not everyone feels the need to share this connection.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:55 AM

g55
Originally Posted by novae500
Yeah.... i thought that. lol.

I wouldn't have tried to be so friendly... but his car was real nice.. and tastefully done. I figured a enthusiast. Those guys are usually happy to see another enthusiast..

o'well.....
Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by novae500
Thanks kinda what I was thinking bro. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding ya know. Guy has his kids in the back or something thinking you wanted action.

Just trying to throw him a bone.

BTW, I have had 2 encounters with local AMGs in my area and both were the same thing.....races. One was CLK55 and the other was G Wagon.
No thumbs up after the kills either....both sour grapes and they asked for it both times cutting up in traffic waiting for red lights.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
At the end of the day ,its your car and you built it.
You shouldnt care if someone else failed to acknowledge it.
I get compliments on my car all the time, but never from another MB owner.
My advice "Dont go looking for other people's reaction to justify owning your car"
For all you know, it probably wasnt his car, maybe he borrowed it from a true enthusiast.
The other side of the coin, he could have been a total dick, so your better off not knowing him.

Im going to be honest, i dont pay attention to other AMG owners and her's why...
In my neck of the woods,were saturated with AMGs. More than half the AMGs out there arent owned by enthusiasts but by people who are socialites or disgustingly wealthy. On the beach I have seen more female black series drivers than male. The local mall must have at least 100 AMGs in the parking lot on any weekend.

However if I do see a car, i look for the obvious MB Mods, Neal's Euroteck Lip, roof spoiler, a evosport or eurocharged sticker, lowered, "real" rims (not universal ebay crap ones whith poor fittiment). Even if it's a W210 E55 and it has the above criteria, i'll give it props more than i would say to a Black Series SL.

Last edited by moosejaw; 07-14-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
What a Mo
Old 07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but something about the MB brand attracts douchebags. Sure there are many down to earth enthusiasts and generally cool owners, but by in large the community is pretty ****ty compared to others like the Corvette or Ferrari community. Just my .02, ymmv.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by clkwork
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but something about the MB brand attracts douchebags. Sure there are many down to earth enthusiasts and generally cool owners, but by in large the community is pretty ****ty compared to others like the Corvette or Ferrari community. Just my .02, ymmv.
So True add the BMW owners to that as well.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
So True add the BMW owners to that as well.
That is true as well, with the exception of the racing crowd. I always learn something when I'm hanging around BMWCCA/Porsche PCA guys.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
I can't believe people are calling the owner/driver of the other E55 a douche bag, etc... Maybe he didn't even see you... Just because you honked doesn't mean he heard you or know it was from you... Or maybe too many other AMG owners tried to do exactly what you did, race him.... I see quite a few AMGs around my area, if they wave at me, I may or may not wave back at them... Just depends on my mood... So, because I don't know you and I don't wave back, I am a douche? At the end of the day, I didn't purchase my vehicle to get acknowledgment from other people... I bought it because it was the right vehicle for me at this particular time...
Old 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 06E55
I can't believe people are calling the owner/driver of the other E55 a douche bag, etc... Maybe he didn't even see you... Just because you honked doesn't mean he heard you or know it was from you... Or maybe too many other AMG owners tried to do exactly what you did, race him.... I see quite a few AMGs around my area, if they wave at me, I may or may not wave back at them... Just depends on my mood... So, because I don't know you and I don't wave back, I am a douche? At the end of the day, I didn't purchase my vehicle to get acknowledgment from other people... I bought it because it was the right vehicle for me at this particular time...
You may not be a douche, but if you don't understand then you're certainly not an enthusiast in my book.

Exotic Car Owners Code of Conduct
originally written by Joe Martz (nsxguy@RT66.com)

1. My cars will always be clean and well presentable. I will ensure that my cars are in the highest state of mechanical condition and maintenance. Exotics are indeed rare, and to see one is a special experience. I have an obligation to present these cars to others at a high standard.

2. I will always be polite, courteous, and friendly. I will not talk down to or ignore anyone, and I will cheerfully answer all questions. Exotic owners wrongly suffer from a "snob" label. By actively and always countering this, I will strive to change this perception among all whom I meet.

3. Where feasible, I will encourage inspection and observation of my cars. If someone is clean and courteous, I will encourage them to sit in my cars. I will actively encourage photographs. In particular, I will encourage this among younger children. On occasion, I will offer rides to admirers under the appropriate circumstances.

4. With one exception (see 5, below), I will obey all traffic laws or local traffic customs. Especially, I will pass other cars only in marked, safe passing zones, and I will always respect traffic speeds and noise ordinances within city limits. I will always drive in a defensive manner to protect myself and my vehicle. I will not initiate nor will I respond to challenges to race my cars on open public roads.

5. Operating my cars as God, Enzo, and Ferruccio (or Aufrecht and Melcher) intended will occur only on open, rural routes free of heavy traffic or on appropriately designated race courses. On public highways, I will use my highest powers of observation and diligence to ensure that I place myself, my vehicles, and the public in no additional danger. I will be aware of the environment and road conditions, and I will not drive at excessive speeds on unknown or suspect roads. When approaching blind corners or hills, I will assume that an obstacle exists and will take appropriate defensive measures.

6. I will share my passion and excitement for exotic cars with others through community service and charitable events. I will actively seek out community organizations such as local police departments and schools and offer my cars for use in events such as DARE programs, homecoming parades, pep rallies, etc. Many communities have "Make a Wish" foundations for sick children. If given the opportunity, I will offer a day with myself and my cars to such organizations in an effort to brighten an otherwise trying life for someone less fortunate than I.

7. I will be honest and open with other enthusiasts, and I will accurately represent my cars to prospective owners and buyers. I will keep complete records, and I will always follow up with purchasers of my cars to ensure that they continue to gain maximum satisfaction and appreciation for cars that I have owned and serviced.

8. I will always have a smile on my face when inspecting, driving, or showing my cars to others. I will never forget how fortunate I've been to own such automobiles and I will constantly remind myself that the future is uncertain, and that today may be as good as it gets.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by clkwork
You may not be a douche, but if you don't understand then you're certainly not an enthusiast in my book.

Exotic Car Owners Code of Conduct
originally written by Joe Martz (nsxguy@RT66.com)

1. My cars will always be clean and well presentable. I will ensure that my cars are in the highest state of mechanical condition and maintenance. Exotics are indeed rare, and to see one is a special experience. I have an obligation to present these cars to others at a high standard.

2. I will always be polite, courteous, and friendly. I will not talk down to or ignore anyone, and I will cheerfully answer all questions. Exotic owners wrongly suffer from a "snob" label. By actively and always countering this, I will strive to change this perception among all whom I meet.

3. Where feasible, I will encourage inspection and observation of my cars. If someone is clean and courteous, I will encourage them to sit in my cars. I will actively encourage photographs. In particular, I will encourage this among younger children. On occasion, I will offer rides to admirers under the appropriate circumstances.

4. With one exception (see 5, below), I will obey all traffic laws or local traffic customs. Especially, I will pass other cars only in marked, safe passing zones, and I will always respect traffic speeds and noise ordinances within city limits. I will always drive in a defensive manner to protect myself and my vehicle. I will not initiate nor will I respond to challenges to race my cars on open public roads.

5. Operating my cars as God, Enzo, and Ferruccio (or Aufrecht and Melcher) intended will occur only on open, rural routes free of heavy traffic or on appropriately designated race courses. On public highways, I will use my highest powers of observation and diligence to ensure that I place myself, my vehicles, and the public in no additional danger. I will be aware of the environment and road conditions, and I will not drive at excessive speeds on unknown or suspect roads. When approaching blind corners or hills, I will assume that an obstacle exists and will take appropriate defensive measures.

6. I will share my passion and excitement for exotic cars with others through community service and charitable events. I will actively seek out community organizations such as local police departments and schools and offer my cars for use in events such as DARE programs, homecoming parades, pep rallies, etc. Many communities have "Make a Wish" foundations for sick children. If given the opportunity, I will offer a day with myself and my cars to such organizations in an effort to brighten an otherwise trying life for someone less fortunate than I.

7. I will be honest and open with other enthusiasts, and I will accurately represent my cars to prospective owners and buyers. I will keep complete records, and I will always follow up with purchasers of my cars to ensure that they continue to gain maximum satisfaction and appreciation for cars that I have owned and serviced.

8. I will always have a smile on my face when inspecting, driving, or showing my cars to others. I will never forget how fortunate I've been to own such automobiles and I will constantly remind myself that the future is uncertain, and that today may be as good as it gets.

All very good points, but like I said above...a very small percentage of motorists share the "enthusiast mindset" like we do. We're sitting on a forum talkin' bout it and they aren't. Most MB people that I have come across are people who bought the car for brand identification and that's about where it stays. They buy a BMW or MB and they're done with it. Most have no idea even what an AMG is and could care less. You'll still have the guy in the Honda Civic or Subaru STi with a K&N filter thinking he's gonna beat you. I might just cover my car with K&N stickers and pull up beside people on the freeway and demand that they chat with me !!!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM

2005 E55 amg
Happens to me all the time on the 405 and the 5. I get all excited to see an AMG branded beast and I pull up alongside them and they are just puds. Waiting for the day to run into a mbworld brother
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM

g55
Originally Posted by 06E55
He saw me.... i put myself in front of him so he could(if he wanted) could roll up and i could give him the thumbs up. No big deal really.... Just thought i'd share my first E55 encounter.
Oh.. and like i said.. his car was tastefully modded. Silver, front lip, slammed, smoked tail lights, painted calipers(cant remember what color) maybe some HRE's..ect. It looked real nice. Blacked out grill, CF rear diffuser... ect.

I also drive a G55 AMG... and whenever i see ANY form of a G wagon on the road... i cant wave fast enough. House wives, grandpa's, young ballers...ect. They all get stoked to see another G Tank.

But whatever.. it's aaallllll good. lol. Just telling stories here.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

W221
What a turd!

I am ALWAYS on the look out for fellow benz enthusiasts and ALWAYS give them thumbs up. Most of the time they give one back, other times they look at me funny.

I saw a black modded CLS last night on the freeway and when I pulled up to him, nothing. He just went on his merry way so I pulled ahead of him a lil and gave him a thumbs up while I went on my way.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
^ Hmmm, sounds like my car! No smoked tail lights tho.

I was on the 5 driving north on Tuesday. I drove down to Dana Point to look at Rehearsal dinner restaurants. I ALWAYS give a thumbs up to fellow AMG'ers. In fact, I will go out of my way to chase them down so we can rev engines. I think the drive by and engine rev is a mutual sign of respect. Every time I see any car US/Asia/Europe and it looks even slightly modded, I will give the rev. My fiance thinks I'm a big nerd but there's nothing like getting the rev back.

Back to the 5N to the 405N, I played around with a GTR. That thing is fast.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 E55
Seems the only AMGs I see in the San Diego area are driven by late model women.

I drive between Oceanside and Anaheim daily for work and though I see a ton of E350/550, I rarely see any AMGs. There was one red C63 though that was gorgeous... 405 south, around Fountain Valley-ish.

Last edited by bobgodd; 07-14-2011 at 03:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cruisin down the 5(in my E55) today and got dissed by fellow E55 (nicely modded).