W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

absolutely disrespected in the E55 tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011 | 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by outrun
HANDS DOWN THE BEST POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2011 | 10:33 PM

2004 E55
Last one from me tonight...

Name:  5HMrs.gif
Views: 7
Size:  495.4 KB
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I haven't posted here in a while so let me see if I understand this.*

You were driving on a residential street, where there is no left lane passing, behind a guy going "too slow". You wanted him to move over to the right lane, even though he would then have to move back to the left lane to make it into the left turn lane because you indicated he made a left turn from the left turn lane at the next intersection.*

He then "nodded his head" at you, and in spite of him trying to ignore you, you insult him in a way that somehow implies your $18,000 E55 is a better car than his 650i convertible, while concurrently ignoring the very real possibility he could have bought his car new, which would mean he spent roughy 5 times what you spent on your car. *

Then you find the rationale to insult him further by thinking he "couldn't afford" an M6, when the truth is you have no idea why he picked the 650, it might just be because he doesn't care enough about the M6 to buy one.*

Finally, you act like a total tool towards him and then feel "disrespected" when he tells you to f*ck off?

No one gives a **** how young you are, or that you drive a car that is roughly worth what a used Camry is worth. Trying to justify your sense of self worth by making idiotic assumptions as to the financial well-being of others makes you the moron in this situation and it is you who should be ashamed for acting like such a *****.*

No wonder the guy was shaking his head.*

-m
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:46 PM

e55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost

You were driving on a residential street, where there is no left lane passing, behind a guy going "too slow". You wanted him to move over to the right lane, even though he would then have to move back to the left lane to make it into the left turn lane because you indicated he made a left turn from the left turn lane at the next intersection.*

He then "nodded his head" at you, and in spite of him trying to ignore you, you insult him in a way that somehow implies your $18,000 E55 is a better car than his 650i convertible, while concurrently ignoring the very real possibility he could have bought his car new, which would mean he spent roughy 5 times what you spent on your car. *

Then you find the rationale to insult him further by thinking he "couldn't afford" an M6, when the truth is you have no idea why he picked the 650, it might just be because he doesn't care enough about the M6 to buy one.*

Finally, you act like a total tool towards him and then feel "disrespected" when he tells you to f*ck off?

No one gives a **** how young you are, or that you drive a car that is roughly worth what a used Camry is worth. Trying to justify your sense of self worth by making idiotic assumptions as to the financial well-being of others makes you the moron in this situation and it is you who should be ashamed for acting like such a *****.*

-m
and that's that!!!!!!

Last edited by Bones; 08-26-2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:56 PM

03 SL55 AMG
This is funny. Now that the E55 AMG is becoming more and more affordable, you'll probably see more young naive and immature people purchasing them.

And then they wonder why they are being shaken at when they are the ones driving like a tool, speeding excessively and unsafe. OP took the BMW driver too seriously and didn't ignore him... and what if the BMW guy wasn't shaking his head towards the OP?

Exactly... Kinda makes me ashamed to have my AMG SL knowing that there are other drivers driving similar AMGs who are younger and immature acting like that.
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic

-m
Marcus Frost everyone...You want to talk about acting like a child? from what I heard you talked **** behind my back about my car being the ugliest SL55 you have ever seen, or please correct me if I'm wrong and someone is spreading around.

So what is it?
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:32 AM

GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Originally Posted by 93 Octane ABC
This is funny. Now that the E55 AMG is becoming more and more affordable, you'll probably see more young naive and immature people purchasing them.

And then they wonder why they are being shaken at when they are the ones driving like a tool, speeding excessively and unsafe. OP took the BMW driver too seriously and didn't ignore him... and what if the BMW guy wasn't shaking his head towards the OP?

Exactly... Kinda makes me ashamed to have my AMG SL knowing that there are other drivers driving similar AMGs who are younger and immature acting like that.
And I recently wondered why I don't come on here any more......I get so sick and tired of people "flossin" their $18k rides with $500 ebay 20"s putting up WTB classifieds for used oil filters and used brake rotors because they are floored that a brake job costs 15% of what they paid for their car.

Nick
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Road rage is nothing but negative. And look, now it's spilling over into a forum. That's kinda sad.

Whether you drive an $18,000 used car or a new $100,000 car doesn't matter in the real world, but for some strange reason out on the road it does.

Who cares what other people think. You buy cars for yourself and not to show off (at least I certainly hope so.) So next time maybe be an ambassador to the brand and look the other way instead of engaging people with anger (better yet just always drive like a civil person on busy streets.)

And there's no reason to try to build your self esteem based on your toys or your financial situation. In the end it's pretty meaningless. And anyway that kind of insecurity is for kids not adults. Let's enjoy theses cars and have fun with them instead of wearing them on our chest. Be cool on the road and give the Mercedes/AMG brand a good name.

When I get tired of crazy city driving, I head home and drive up into the canyons by the ocean. On a late August day the sea fog rolls in over the hills and the temp is always a cool 64 F. The back roads are all mine and the motor loves that cool air. There's nobody around. Nothing to prove to anybody. It's just me, the car, and the road. All the stress disappears. And that's why I bought this car; not for my ego but for my pleasure.

Old 08-26-2011 | 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Marcus Frost everyone...You want to talk about acting like a child? from what I heard you talked **** behind my back about my car being the ugliest SL55 you have ever seen, or please correct me if I'm wrong and someone is spreading around.

So what is it?
Hello Kamil,

I think your response is a bit off topic, but I will respond nonetheless.

I thought I made it pretty clear in your thread a while back what my thoughts are about your car. It isn't the ugliest SL55 in the world but it certainly isn't the prettiest. I made no effort to hide this from you or "say it behind your back" so I don't know if you forgot about your thread or if you don't know what "talking behind your back" means.

I have no problems calling things the way I see them, so to insinuate I would do otherwise is pretty comical.
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
Road rage is nothing but negative. And look, now it's spilling over into a forum. That's kinda sad.

Whether you drive an $18,000 used car or a new $100,000 car doesn't matter in the real world, but for some strange reason out on the road it does.

Who cares what other people think. You buy cars for yourself and not to show off (at least I certainly hope so.) So next time maybe be an ambassador to the brand and look the other way instead of engaging people with anger (better yet just always drive like a civil person on busy streets.)

And there's no reason to try to build your self esteem based on your toys or your financial situation. In the end it's pretty meaningless. And anyway that kind of insecurity is for kids not adults. Let's enjoy theses cars and have fun with them instead of wearing them on our chest. Be cool on the road and give the Mercedes/AMG brand a good name.

When I get tired of crazy city driving, I head home and drive up into the canyons by the ocean. On a late August day the sea fog rolls in over the hills and the temp is always a cool 64 F. The back roads are all mine and the motor loves that cool air. There's nobody around. Nothing to prove to anybody. It's just me, the car, and the road. All the stress disappears. And that's why I bought this car; not for my ego but for my pleasure.

Very well put That's what I have my car for as well. I'm not here to build a car or setup a car to everyone's likes I do it all for me so that when I drive it I enjoy it and when I look at it, it puts a smile on my face . I also don't like driving my car in the city or in high traffic areas, I try to cruise it from time to time and love taking it out on a cool late night to enjoy the a nice Highway run to nowhere and back.

I don't think that there was a problem in the first post I just think that there was a miscommunication somewhere between both drivers. Obviously the guy in the 650 understood something the wrong way and same with salty.
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hello Kamil,

I think your response is a bit off topic, but I will respond nonetheless.

I thought I made it pretty clear in your thread a while back what my thoughts are about your car. It isn't the ugliest SL55 in the world but it certainly isn't the prettiest. I made no effort to hide this from you or "say it behind your back" so I don't know if you forgot about your thread or if you don't know what "talking behind your back" means.

I have no problems calling things the way I see them, so to insinuate I would do otherwise is pretty comical.
Hello Mr. Frost,

I do not recall a thread where you said anything about my car other than the wheel fitment thread that I had very early. I know only your opinion from that thread; however, I also heard you have mentioned my car in different conversations around other MB owners. I would be very happy if you could not stir up conversations on my wheel fitment or my car when I'm not present to people that I know or that are a part of the forum. If you have something to say, which obviously you do, and from what you are saying you already did, say it on here and don't go around talking about how stupid people are for doing something with their car. I think it would be in everyone's best interest.
Old 08-26-2011 | 01:32 AM

03 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by nick 55
And I recently wondered why I don't come on here any more......I get so sick and tired of people "flossin" their $18k rides with $500 ebay 20"s putting up WTB classifieds for used oil filters and used brake rotors because they are floored that a brake job costs 15% of what they paid for their car.

Nick
Well put and mostly true. I know that not everyone who currently owns an E55 AMG is like that. There are some humble and nice respectable owners who have the car because they like the car and don't have anything to prove.

However, a LOT I've noticed on this forum behave something similar to what you described. Haha, saving money on this and that and spending the rest on mods and show off excessively like they have something to prove and challenge everyone at the light to race.

And then they wonder why an oil change with brakes and tires are sooo expensive. They part out the car. It's mostly the younger crew I've noticed.
Old 08-26-2011 | 01:36 AM

Several
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Hello Mr. Frost,

I do not recall a thread where you said anything about my car other than the wheel fitment thread that I had very early. I know only your opinion from that thread; however, I also heard you have mentioned my car in different conversations around other MB owners. I would be very happy if you could not stir up conversations on my wheel fitment or my car when I'm not present to people that I know or that are a part of the forum. If you have something to say, which obviously you do, and from what you are saying you already did, say it on here and don't go around talking about how stupid people are for doing something with their car. I think it would be in everyone's best interest.
Wow! I'm a long time lurker and I had to register for this thread alone. All I have to say is that for someone who modded their car for himself, you do a lot of worrying about what Mr. Frost thinks. And being that you posted in this thread from out of nowhere and were completely off topic, it's obvious you have been sitting and stewing about something for a long time. As an outsider, you really look kind of silly. Mr. Frost's posts all seem very professionally written where yours seem quite the opposite.

Again, this is just as an outsider looking in on this. Mr. Frost's original post in this thread was very easy to understand. The original poster was in the left lane of a 45 mph street, not a highway where the left lane is a passing lane. The gentleman in the BMW was going 5 mph under the speed limit (note that 45 mph is a maximum speed limit, not a minimum) and turned left at the next light. It's very obvious that he was shaking his head because the original poster was probably tailgating him hoping he'd move over. But why should he when he was doing nothing wrong? He needed to turn left at the next light. I would have shaken my head too. And then to say what he said at the light to the BMW owner? Give me a break. There is one classy individual in this scenario and then there is the E55 driver.

I have no idea why you decided to post how upset you were about Mr. Frost not liking your car. That had nothing to do with anything in this post.

Last edited by Only1Z; 08-26-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-26-2011 | 01:44 AM
Veteran: Marine Corp

2003 E500 Sport
Old 08-26-2011 | 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12TT
wow this forum is full of arrogant jerks. Pathetic you have to pick on a 60 year old.

I would rather have a nice 650i coupe than a 211 E55?

Originally Posted by Oliverk
you both sound a bit like tools.
+1
Old 08-26-2011 | 03:24 AM

E55 AMG

Well said!
Old 08-26-2011 | 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
How is it that there seems to be a different universe of behavior when people are driving their cars?

I'm at a loss to explain it....

Anyhow I reckon the best response the OP could have had to this situation is to ignore the bloke. Who is he to you anyway? Did his head "nodding" offend you? Come on... seriously?

Your comment re the M6 was in poor taste, hopefully most on here can appreciate that.

What is it with people who get satifaction in putting others down?

Seems its a fact of life that as our cars age, the forum interity will (and has) declined...
Old 08-26-2011 | 08:11 AM

06 E55 Black
You guys are hanging around this thread so long your periods have become synchronized
Old 08-26-2011 | 08:24 AM

2010 E350, 2011 ML350, 2003 996TT
I have to agree with Frost. My across alley neighbor is an 80 year old man with a 650 vert. He downgraded to his current 4000 sf home from a country club somewhere. I'm pretty sure he didn't get the 650 because he couldn't afford the M6.

He also likes to come over and talk about my (cheap) E55 and the (cheap) modded CTS-V before it.
Old 08-26-2011 | 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos

-m
Excellent post!

Love that pic...car and scenery look great...jealous of what I'm sure is a great road too.

Nice to see there are still some people who understand the bigger picture doesn't involve winning street races or showing off the biggest rims you can fit under a car.
Old 08-26-2011 | 09:41 AM

03 E55
A lot of you guys make me want to sell my car. Funny thing is I just bought it . I would like to know why it seems like if a personal didn't buy the E55 new or within a couple of years then they are not an enthusiastic or worth their salt. I am saying this because maybe someone was just turned onto the car (like myself) and now it just happens to be cheaper.
Old 08-26-2011 | 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by instag8tr
A lot of you guys make me want to sell my car. Funny thing is I just bought it . I would like to know why it seems like if a personal didn't buy the E55 new or within a couple of years then they are not an enthusiastic or worth their salt. I am saying this because maybe someone was just turned onto the car (like myself) and now it just happens to be cheaper.
Thats not true at all. The argument that I an others are making has nothing to do with responsible mature owners who purchase their cars used. Hell, I bought both my cars used.

It has more to do with the unfortunate, but inevitable, effect that depreciation has on cars like the e55. As the cars fall in value, you get more younger owners who see the E55 as "baller" and tend to focus more on flash and speed by any means over things like tasteful, high quality modifications and correct repairs. Furthermore, these owners tend to be more insecure as they tend to use their car to show how manly, rich, or cool they are. When they believe that someone has insulted their car, they take it personally, and stupid stuff like this occurs. Street racing, road rage, etc not only gives MB owners a bad name, its also dangerous to those involved and other innocent parties.

You got a good deal on a nice car. Maintain it well, mod it (well) if you must, and use your head, and you won't have a problem from me.
Old 08-26-2011 | 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by Only1Z
Wow! I'm a long time lurker and I had to register for this thread alone. All I have to say is that for someone who modded their car for himself, you do a lot of worrying about what Mr. Frost thinks. And being that you posted in this thread from out of nowhere and were completely off topic, it's obvious you have been sitting and stewing about something for a long time. As an outsider, you really look kind of silly. Mr. Frost's posts all seem very professionally written where yours seem quite the opposite.

Again, this is just as an outsider looking in on this. Mr. Frost's original post in this thread was very easy to understand. The original poster was in the left lane of a 45 mph street, not a highway where the left lane is a passing lane. The gentleman in the BMW was going 5 mph under the speed limit (note that 45 mph is a maximum speed limit, not a minimum) and turned left at the next light. It's very obvious that he was shaking his head because the original poster was probably tailgating him hoping he'd move over. But why should he when he was doing nothing wrong? He needed to turn left at the next light. I would have shaken my head too. And then to say what he said at the light to the BMW owner? Give me a break. There is one classy individual in this scenario and then there is the E55 driver.

I have no idea why you decided to post how upset you were about Mr. Frost not liking your car. That had nothing to do with anything in this post.

Seriously? are you Mr Front internet bodyguard or WTF
you signed up on this forum just to reply to this post to defend some posters as if they needed your backup or something.. Try introducing yourself 1st nexttime ..

Really though you guys taking this sh*t too deep .. You can try to visualize the how it happend in the order OP explained it but if you wernt there then you cant really know the experience . For ****** sake we all drive our cars differntly .. I know I didnt buy my amgw210 to drive 45mph on a 45mph road I have a SUV for that .
So OP didnt like the way the guy infront of him was driving , maybe road rage kicked in , maybe he shouldnt of told the guy he couldnt afford a M6 . But still aint no reason to call his ride a $18k peice sh*t or to make him out to be one .. Seems like all the posters defending that BMW driver are the ones who drive like him .. Like they shouldnt be on the road in the 1st place .. And the ones defending OP all drive their cars like they stole it lol personally dont give rats *** if you drive a 10k car or 100k car if you hoggin up the lane cuz you have all day to do nothing just take your sweet *** time while im on the go trying to make it to the bank before it closed to deposit this 50k large then im going to honk and ride your *** till you get out the way and as im passing you from any which way you might see my finger go up just for making me lose the 1 precious minute of my life that I had to give up so you can drive 40 in a 45mph lane but you would really have to catch me on a bad day
. But on the real though , I still thinkin what a TOOL this guy is just to sign up to this forum to post on this thread LMAOO
Old 08-26-2011 | 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
220S just reminded me that I really need to clean my exhaust tips.
Old 08-26-2011 | 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by MBFLO
Seriously? are you Mr Front internet bodyguard or WTF
you signed up on this forum just to reply to this post to defend some posters as if they needed your backup or something.. Try introducing yourself 1st nexttime ..

Really though you guys taking this sh*t too deep .. You can try to visualize the how it happend in the order OP explained it but if you wernt there then you cant really know the experience . For ****** sake we all drive our cars differntly .. I know I didnt buy my amgw210 to drive 45mph on a 45mph road I have a SUV for that .
So OP didnt like the way the guy infront of him was driving , maybe road rage kicked in , maybe he shouldnt of told the guy he couldnt afford a M6 . But still aint no reason to call his ride a $18k peice sh*t or to make him out to be one .. Seems like all the posters defending that BMW driver are the ones who drive like him .. Like they shouldnt be on the road in the 1st place .. And the ones defending OP all drive their cars like they stole it lol personally dont give rats *** if you drive a 10k car or 100k car if you hoggin up the lane cuz you have all day to do nothing just take your sweet *** time while im on the go trying to make it to the bank before it closed to deposit this 50k large then im going to honk and ride your *** till you get out the way and as im passing you from any which way you might see my finger go up just for making me lose the 1 precious minute of my life that I had to give up so you can drive 40 in a 45mph lane but you would really have to catch me on a bad day
. But on the real though , I still thinkin what a TOOL this guy is just to sign up to this forum to post on this thread LMAOO
Yes, one group drives like responsible adults, and the other doesn't.

Btw, "if you hoggin up the lane cuz you have all day to do nothing just take your sweet *** time while im on the go trying to make it to the bank before it closed to deposit this 50k large then im going to honk and ride your *** till you get out the way and as im passing you from any which way you might see my finger go up just for making me lose the 1 precious minute of my life that I had to give up so you can drive 40 in a 45mph"

That is probably one the dumbest things I've read in a long time.

1. perhaps you should plan ahead so that you don't have to rush to get to the bank to "deposit this $50k large"

2. nobody, including me, likes someone who drives slow in the left lane. But is it really that hard to give them a few moments to move, and then, if you must, pass them on the right without the need for flipping them off? I mean really, how old are you?

3. Your 1 minute is no more precious than his, and maybe he would prefer not to have some childish person tailgating him, flipping him off, and flying by him at twice the speed limit.

when will some people grow up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: absolutely disrespected in the E55 tonight