Well, count me in as a new Eurocharged Fanboy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Well, count me in as a new Eurocharged Fanboy

Okay maybe not that as I have no idea what that is anyway.

Since hearing all the stuff he is doing with Torque Limiters, I finally caved and had to try it out. Jerrys been up front and openly communicating throughout the process.

Flashed the car and HO LEE SHEET. I have spent enough time and cash over the years to consider myself a tuning connoisseur. Lots of good tunes out there right now including my old OE Tuning that put me at 570wheel at sea level........but the torque limiting removal is what puts this EC tune above all others currently. With my 2.82 gears, I have fought and fought this for years and I finally got to feel what it's like to launch hard on 2.82 gears without fighting the ECU AND the ESP. Just ESP.

I don't get excited about much after all these years and thousands in mods.....this made me smile with a phone call yelling at Jerry YEAH BABY!!!

Gonna dial this tune in on the dyno and then depending on how she feels, might take ONE MORE 700 mile journey down to Sacto to see what she does one last time before retiring her from the drag game.

Swore I wouldn't drag her again but the tune was that good. Would love to have this thing finally hook hard and see what she does up top in the 1/4. We'll see.

Thanks again to Jerry and the whole team at EC for changing the game and raising the bar!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Since hearing all the stuff he is doing with Torque Limiters, I finally caved and had to try it out. Jerrys been up front and openly communicating throughout the process.

Flashed the car and HO LEE SHEET. I have spent enough time and cash over the years to consider myself a tuning connoisseur. Lots of good tunes out there right now including my old OE Tuning that put me at 570wheel at sea level........but the torque limiting removal is what puts this EC tune above all others currently. With my 2.82 gears, I have fought and fought this for years and I finally got to feel what it's like to launch hard on 2.82 gears without fighting the ECU AND the ESP. Just ESP.

I don't get excited about much after all these years and thousands in mods.....this made me smile with a phone call yelling at Jerry YEAH BABY!!!

Gonna dial this tune in on the dyno and then depending on how she feels, might take ONE MORE 700 mile journey down to Sacto to see what she does one last time before retiring her from the drag game.

Swore I wouldn't drag her again but the tune was that good. Would love to have this thing finally hook hard and see what she does up top in the 1/4. We'll see.

Thanks again to Jerry and the whole team at EC for changing the game and raising the bar!
awesome to hear!!!!

The torque settings make all the difference...its like a different car!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Nice! And it took you this long to do it hehe
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Is this the tcu? or torque limiters in ecu?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
did this improve your traction at launch or just give you more torque through the gears?
Old 09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by loungn14
awesome to hear!!!!

The torque settings make all the difference...its like a different car!
I'm smell Vegas in the air.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Sir, I consider you to be the "EF Hutton" of tuning....I will be listening intently for your updates

To the guys at EC

Last edited by motorkas; 09-30-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Is this the new TCU tune they're offering fanboy?

LOL, been a fanboy since I bought my car. Those guys are amazing.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Sounds like an actual ecu tune with tranny stuff not an actual transmission (tcu) tune which is something separate.

How long has this torque limiting tuning stuff been going on, is this something new in the last few months or would people have this that have had a tune since the beginning of the year like 6+ months ago? Curious if this is like brand new and only a few have it.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Camaro
I know it started in february once they figured it out on exotic metals car, don't know if they have found any new tricks since than.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
UH OH! One of the OG's might be comin back to the strip one more time.

Run and hide your wife and kids people!!!

Best of luck and I wish you the best my friend!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Hide your kids, hide your wife
Hide your kids, hide your wife
'cause Jak's raping er'body out at sacto...
Old 10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The KING is back and he's bringing out the beast for one last showdown at Sacramento Then hopefully, he'll make an appearance at this year's Famoso event

I can't wait to see your new before and after dyno graphs buddy
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Welcome... to the darkside