W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little annoying problems with your car?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
Speed dependent Audio needs to DIE. I have a big aftermarket stereo and certain beats fool the Comand unit to keep increasing the volume.. grrr.

But THE number 1 annoyance is my Keyless Go setup. A month after I got the car, the passenger front wouldn't unlock with a push of the button, but would lock. WTF? Tried 2 new handles.. no dice. Then my driver's side wouldn't unlock. Yet both rear doors work perfectly. So when I lock my car I look like an idiot pushing the rear door button, but I can't get IN the front of my car without using the damn remote. I looked through STAR/DAS and I still can't figure out WTF is wrong.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by typhoon43
Speed dependent Audio needs to DIE. I have a big aftermarket stereo and certain beats fool the Comand unit to keep increasing the volume.. grrr.

But THE number 1 annoyance is my Keyless Go setup. A month after I got the car, the passenger front wouldn't unlock with a push of the button, but would lock. WTF? Tried 2 new handles.. no dice. Then my driver's side wouldn't unlock. Yet both rear doors work perfectly. So when I lock my car I look like an idiot pushing the rear door button, but I can't get IN the front of my car without using the damn remote. I looked through STAR/DAS and I still can't figure out WTF is wrong.
Regarding the speed sensitive audio, yes with an aftermarket system it really exacerbates the problem big time.. I am not sure on the E class, but on the C32 when I installed my big sound, the microphone for the speed sensor was located in the overhead lighting console by the rear view mirror.. So pulled that apart found the mic, and unplug it.. Problem solved Hope it the same for the other benz's

Denrol, regarding your Time setup, again not sure about other models, but in the C32 if you have the nav unit, just pull the Nav disk out and load it back in and let it 'find' its position, it would automatically update the time.. I used to leave my navi disk out, as I hated the thought of the thing spinning constantly.. but after dealer visits and they reset everything, I would have to load the nav disk and then the time was automatically updated.... Hope that helps. Although you said your navi is busted, so I guess that's why it wont update correctly..

My little hates right now...
1: Over speed bumps I crack a horrible mechanically creeking metal on metal sound.. And its a brand new Airmatic shock installed.. Same sound before and after.. Must be something else ?
2: Left front parking sensor on the blink.. I can be 5000miles from the nearest wall but it still thinks I am about to crash into it! LOL
3: If I got the fans cranked up to fast speed I get a whistling noise coming out the rear left vent. Damn loud to !!!
4: Have a Mercedes Bluetooth car kit system and when synced with the phone, at random intervals while driving when listening to music the audio will just cut on its own and I see the connection to the phone is lost and then reconnects and music comes back... FREAKING drives me bananas!! Then of course I think these Bluetooth systems are so old and our phones can hold like a zillion contacts so a message pops up on the Radio screen saying phonebook memory full!!! dammit lol but the audio cutting every now and again at random is the WORST !!! don't know if its my audio gateway or what... Funnily enough my C32 did the same thing!!! And that was a hard wired phone kit not Bluetooth... 5h1tty Mercedes system!
5:Wish the car would remember that you have turned off the parking sensor from the last shut down... Everytime I got to switch the button off after I startup !! Remember something dammit...

Ok my rant is over.. lol

Last edited by C32owner; 07-29-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 PM

06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GregD
damn drivers side washer squirter doesn't work anymore. can't tell if its plugged with wax or not... it just dribbles out.
Same here. Just started that. Have not looked into it yet.

G
Old 07-30-2014, 12:42 AM

03 E55 AMG
Install headers and a monster exhaust system and keep your right foot flat all the time. This way you won't hear rattles and squeaks or have time to worry about any electric gadgets. Works for me, except for the rear tire bit.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55 AMG

It was pretty hot last weekend here so now I have this aggrivation. Hoping I can find away to re-glue this.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 AM

03 E55 AMG
My first DIY when I bought my car. You will find it listed under 'center console air bubble'
Cheap fix, but a PITA of note.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 AM

2005 E55 silver
This whole car is an annoyance but so awesome..I honestly believe these cars are temperamental day to day..some days are fun and some a pain the ****!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:19 AM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Freak
This whole car is an annoyance but so awesome..I honestly believe these cars are temperamental day to day..some days are fun and some a pain the ****!
+1