W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The TT Engine continues to impress: '12 CLS63TT 10.98 at 129.40mph!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
whats a stock 2012 cls amg run? 121mph? so a 10mph gain form a tune and downpipes-thats huge!-but not realistic. i would like to see several Cls amg's(or e63's) duplicate this. is this another "1 off" SGC Renntech car? i guess heatsoak is not a problem for Renntech. i cant wait to have a 10.5@135 e63tt!!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
In case some of you don't venture out of the W211 forum there are also turbo upgrades available. One guy overseas on initial testing went from him Brabus tuned stock turbo 560whp to 640whp with the slightly bigger turbos and a new tune from some overseas tuner.

Here is a before and after run he did against his GT2 that also has many mods done to it. I would say the CLS closed the gap big time, and there is a little more to be done to boost (no pun intended, ok maybe a little) the hp of this CLS.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
That is exactly what we are talking about. The car is much more modded than what they want you to believe.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What do you mean? The car has bigger turbos on it, what is "much more" that the guy could possibly be trying to hide from what you say? He has a thread showing his engine taken out of the car and the turbos being installed then dynoed. I don't see how it is hard to believe that upgrading the turbos allowed the car to produce 640whp when they make mid 500s with a tune on otherwise stock car.

Look at the difference in turbo, the turbine wheel is considerably bigger on the new turbo on the right. I am sure it has larger compressor wheels also but he didn't have a pic from the front posted.

I honestly don't see how you could say what you just said, the guy is laying it all out there and it is 100% believable.

Just a small history on my car and the dyno runs, my car is a CLS63 with PP, my first dyno was 529whp on the dynojet, after i installed the Brabus piggy back i dynoed at 579.5whp ONCE only the piggy back was not good where i had different readings from 540-579, they then installed another one after fixing it, my car read 550-554 constent. All on the same Dynojet, this is my results with the new upgrade, bare in mind this is the first base tune my car is getting another tune as i am typing this and will get more once my custom exhaust is ready in two weeks, and someother goodies.

Last edited by urbamworm; 03-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Urbworm we are talking about the car this thread is about. Not the one you just randomly posted
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It seemed like he was responding to my post made 18 minutes before his that is why I said that, I guess he was referring to the post made before mine by 02cl55amg?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
I think that Renntech numbers are good for the tunes they announced, you do not know how incredibly fast those V8TTs are until you get behind the wheel and test drive one.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by dbasons55
I think that Renntech numbers are good for the tunes they announced, you do not know how incredibly fast those V8TTs are until you get behind the wheel and test drive one.
...then i cant wait to see dozens of 10 sec "tune only" e63tt's......
Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Exactly what everyother level headed person here's saying, the of a Tune ONLY cls63 or e63 re-creating RENNtechs 10.9x runs is'nt happening..

The new cls63 needed an aggressive Tune (most likely 100+ octane or @ VERY LEAST 93 Tune then add 100+ octane mix @ track) Skinny's up front on lightweight wheels (from the video, MOST agree it appears they used a pair of MB safety spair wheels) lightweight rears on Drag tires, 3" Down Pipes, hi-flo or NO cats, IC pump upgrade, obvious Weight savings mods, & most important part which a lot of you forget, unreal Weather/Negative DA @ a Sea Level track..

Maybe they used more as ALL the RENNtech cars SLR/CL65 etc have BESTED previous records by large margin w/out disclosing any noteworthy modifications (esp the SLR it had the largest improvement w/out any real or defined CHANGES in mods but improved by a half second + in ET etc.. Besides missing entire trunk lid lol)

Last edited by Thericker; 03-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
& most important part which a lot of you forget, unreal Weather/Negative DA @ a Sea Level track..
I have no clue nor do I care if the Renntech CLS63 has bigger downpipes or catless bigger downpipes and whatever else you say it may have, but I figured I would address this part that I quoted.

You do realize this car is in South Florida right? You should realize that "unreal weather/Negative DA" don't fit in the same sentence as a track in South Florida. It would be very rare to get a negative DA at PBIR where they run that car in Jupiter, Florida. I ran my E55 in December a few days before Christmas at that track this past year and the weather was like 70 something degrees that night at the coldest point where I am sure it was 30 or 40 other places up north and probably in the 50s where you live in SoCal.

I was in SoCal probably close to where you are (Huntington Beach is where I was) and it was in the 60s at night in the middle of May when I visited there and is colder in the winter so you may have a misunderstanding of how weather is in Florida year round especially down south, so in the dead of "winter" it is not necessarily cold down there then you throw in the HUMIDITY that Florida has all the time which makes things worse. The car just ran 10.9@131 at the end of February, most people are bundled up elsewhere compared to in South Florida in February where people are at the beach

The track day was Feb 26th which had a LOW of 70 early that morning (at night still) and average humidity of 74% that day with temp around 73 all day from lunch time on, so even using the lowest temp of the day there was nothing spectacular there. The DA was close to 900ft most of the day.

Last edited by urbamworm; 03-18-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
...then i cant wait to see dozens of 10 sec "tune only" e63tt's......
I didn't say Tune I said Tunes, extra IC with IC pump, exhaust, LSD, set of tires and a proper software. Yes I believe it will run in the 10's, people who have driven the V8TT know this is possible.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I have no clue nor do I care if the Renntech CLS63 has bigger downpipes or catless bigger downpipes and whatever else you say it may have, but I figured I would address this part that I quoted.

You do realize this car is in South Florida right? You should realize that "unreal weather/Negative DA" don't fit in the same sentence as a track in South Florida. It would be very rare to get a negative DA at PBIR where they run that car in Jupiter, Florida. I ran my E55 in December a few days before Christmas at that track this past year and the weather was like 70 something degrees that night at the coldest point where I am sure it was 30 or 40 other places up north and probably in the 50s where you live in SoCal.

I was in SoCal probably close to where you are (Huntington Beach is where I was) and it was in the 60s at night in the middle of May when I visited there and is colder in the winter so you may have a misunderstanding of how weather is in Florida year round especially down south, so in the dead of "winter" it is not necessarily cold down there then you throw in the HUMIDITY that Florida has all the time which makes things worse. The car just ran 10.9@131 at the end of February, most people are bundled up elsewhere compared to in South Florida in February where people are at the beach

The track day was Feb 26th which had a LOW of 70 early that morning (at night still) and average humidity of 74% that day with temp around 73 all day from lunch time on, so even using the lowest temp of the day there was nothing spectacular there. The DA was close to 900ft most of the day.
Thanks I did forget the Track locale etc point taken.. But I do remember it was a Sea Level Track in Negative DA from the previous records on Dragtimes (not all records had date/time listed, I asked for the info multiple times from SGC, he refused to relay it even though he drove it) In the other thread that's now Locked, from what info was given each progressive run where Perf increased in that particular RENN CLS63 it kept getting better & better DA..
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
It seems like people get upset over their car running these times?? When a stock Cls with a vtech tune and drag radials can run a 11.3 I can believe a 10.9 run with what they claim
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Iknownothing
It seems like people get upset over their car running these times?? When a stock Cls with a vtech tune and drag radials can run a 11.3 I can believe a 10.9 run with what they claim
Just to clarify, that car we tuned ran the 11.3's on the stock street tires and yes, I do believe the 10.9 claims with the exhaust/intercooler modifications and drag radials. It's an impressive feat for such a heavy car. Job well done!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by V-Tech Tuning
Just to clarify, that car we tuned ran the 11.3's on the stock street tires and yes, I do believe the 10.9 claims with the exhaust/intercooler modifications and drag radials. It's an impressive feat for such a heavy car. Job well done!
Majority here AGREE w/you, that 11.3x was a high 11.3? IE closer to 11.40 flat, than 11.30 flat if memory serves it was 11.37-11.38-11.39

We AGREE that after you add Drag tires/Dwn Pipes/IC Pump/etc you should def shave off 3-4 tenths, what's in contention is they imply RENNtech ECU tune ONLY & hello 10.9x@ 128-130 actual cls63 had additional major mods including RENNtech LSD limited slip diff (def helped their 60' times) The Weather helped the RENN cls63 emensely IE
Now Dragimes lists more DA info..

(Slowest 1st run has the WORST DA & hottest temp @ 82 F)
1st record @ 11.37 @ 125 ran in Positive1659 + DA 82 F http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23298.html
2nd record 11.21 @ 126+ only 59 F & ran in Negative - 40 DA http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23600.html
3rd record @ 10.90 @ 129 ran in 200 DA in just 60 F def NOT SWAMP heat & high DA whatsoever, w/most modifications http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23728.html

Last edited by Thericker; 03-20-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Majority here AGREE w/you, that 11.3x was a high 11.3? IE closer to 11.40 flat, than 11.30 flat if memory serves it was 11.37-11.38-11.39

We AGREE that after you add Drag tires/Dwn Pipes/IC Pump/etc you should def shave off 3-4 tenths, what's in contention is they imply RENNtech ECU tune ONLY & hello 10.9x@ 130
11.346, 11.376, and a 11.398 with trap speed topping 126.7 mph.
Time slips and videos on this thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...eet-tires.html

10.90's with a tune only and drag radials???? Yea rite
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate

Well said David. the heat and humidity down here sucks. Also during that track rental it rained all around the track and lightly drizzled on the track three times. So the humidity was higher.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Bro chk Dragtimes RENNtech data recorded by them, you're reporting totally different info than RENNtech here they recorded Negative DA on their 11.21 Record in just 59 F Negative -40 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23600.html

& the latest 10.90 on Dragtimes Jan 20th wasn't done in 900+ ft or 73 F, they reported 60 F @ only 200' DA http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23728.html
So my point still stands, as you can clearly see Weather & very favorable DA play a big role in Perf increases shown in their record runs..

Last edited by Thericker; 03-20-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Ready2roll
11.346, 11.376, and a 11.398 with trap speed topping 126.7 mph.
Time slips and videos on this thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...eet-tires.html

10.90's with a tune only and drag radials???? Yea rite
Your cls63 has the Carbon-Ceramic lightweight Rotors too right? (RENNtech cls63 doesn't have that option) Def shows & you have a very fast car for mods you list

Last edited by Thericker; 03-20-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First to address your DA stuff, go to www.wunderground.com type in Jupiter, FL then scroll down to where you can put in a date and insert the date and see what it says for that day. Then further go to www.dragtimes.com and go to "tools" and insert Palm Beach International Raceway and get the DA info and see what it says. Exactly what I said, so I have no clue what that info is that you just posted. To further go on that subject, Redbulljnky above was at the track on that same day stating the humidity was very high because it rained a few times in the area.

Next, I need to ask a question. This car above with vtech tune can run 11.34 on street tires with a 1.83 60ft time which even said by the owner:

If I had drag radials the times would have been much better. I had to launch off idle otherwise my times would suffer due to wheel spin.
But you can't believe a few tenths faster with a car running drag radials with a better 60ft (everyone knows every tenth at the line is good for 2 tenths at the end) and perhaps maybe even the slight possibility Renntech makes a little more power? Just with a 1.70 60ft instead of 1.83 by the vtech tune car above puts the car running 11.10ish then like I said, maybe Renntech makes a hair more power which could easily knock of another tenth putting the car at 11.0 range which is right in the territory it is running. I don't understand why some of you want to fight it so bad and are in such disbelief because it seems very logically possible in my eyes. And it even says Renntech headers/downpipe and Renntech exhaust on their 10.90@128.9mph run.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
First to address your DA stuff, go to www.wunderground.com type in Jupiter, FL then scroll down to where you can put in a date and insert the date and see what it says for that day. Then further go to www.dragtimes.com and go to "tools" and insert Palm Beach International Raceway and get the DA info and see what it says. Exactly what I said, so I have no clue what that info is that you just posted. To further go on that subject, Redbulljnky above was at the track on that same day stating the humidity was very high because it rained a few times in the area.

Next, I need to ask a question. This car above with vtech tune can run 11.34 on street tires with a 1.83 60ft time which even said by the owner:

But you can't believe a few tenths faster with a car running drag radials with a better 60ft (everyone knows every tenth at the line is good for 2 tenths at the end) and perhaps maybe even the slight possibility Renntech makes a little more power? Just with a 1.70 60ft instead of 1.83 by the vtech tune car above puts the car running 11.10ish then like I said, maybe Renntech makes a hair more power which could easily knock of another tenth putting the car at 11.0 range which is right in the territory it is running. I don't understand why some of you want to fight it so bad and are in such disbelief because it seems very logically possible in my eyes. And it even says Renntech headers/downpipe and Renntech exhaust on their 10.90@128.9mph run.
I'm strictly going from what RENNtech/SGC posted themselves on Dragtimes about DA/ & Temp's, NOT fighting about anything RE-READ my post about the difference in OEM options in the (2) different cls63's, Ready2Roll's cls63 has lightweight Carbon-Ceramic rotors, they alone can account for 2 tenths 2 mph in ET

Edit: I'm talking about Jan 20th 2012 data, what I listed from the Dragtimes link above, I think you & I may be confusing that 10.90 run for your latest Feb 26th 2012 track day?

This info about Temps & DA below still stands though, & the car was ran in Negative -40 DA & in progressive runs where perf increased w/better weather all around Temps of 59 F thru 60 F
Bro chk Dragtimes RENNtech data recorded by them, you're reporting totally different info than RENNtech here they recorded Negative DA on their 11.21 Record in just 59 F Negative -40 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23600.html

& the latest 10.90 on Dragtimes Jan 20th wasn't done in 900+ ft or 73 F, they reported 60 F @ only 200' DA http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-23728.html
So my point still stands, as you can clearly see Weather & very favorable DA play a big role in Perf increases shown in their record runs..

Last edited by Thericker; 03-20-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well since we are talking about "a tenth or two" don't forget they also run skinny/lighter wheels/tires up front which is said to account for a tenth or two