Need advice on how to deal with Beverly Hills MB Stealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Need advice on how to deal with Beverly Hills MB Stealership

I took the car in about a month ago for a service as I was really busy and didn't have the time to drive down to Serge at BenzWorks. The dealership asked me if I wanted to have the transmission service done and brake fluid changed as both were in bad shape. I thanked them for the info and I told them not to do it as I wasn't prepared to bend over and get raped. I basically picked the car up and drove it down to Serge for the 2 services.

A couple of days ago my car started to slowly leak oil. Unfortunately, I was again too busy to drive it down to Serge. The dealership called me this morning to tell me that my car desperately needs a transmission service and a brake fluid change as both are screwed. Hmmm. I call Serge just to double check that those were the services that I took my car to him for and he confirmed. Hmmm. I call the service adviser back and tell him that the service was just recently done by another MB dealership. He says that I should reconsider ever taking my car to the other dealership again.

I don't know what's more important for me in a mechanic; a trustworthy mechanic, or a mechanic who is great at his trade. Luckily with Serge I don't have to choose. He's helped me save money countless times when he could've screwed me for an extra profit. He's a good guy who has always taken care of me, and I'm sure any of his other customers could say the same thing.

Now, back to Beverly Hills Stealership. Would they actually go so far as to replace my good fluids with bad ones? When I go pick up my car I have ever intention of speaking to the service manager and letting him know. How do you guys suggest I go about this?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 PM

07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
I have heard so much bad things about Beverly Hills Mbz. IMO I don't think that the techs or service advisor would even wants to waste their time to do something stupid like that, but then again it's Beverly Hills we are talking about. I would take it the guy that you are most comfortable with as long he's honest and you've trust him. I have many clients that comes to my dealership that used to go Beverly Hills. Hope you fix the leaks!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Id get the delaer to show me why my tranny fluid and brake fluid needed to changed and why they are screwed? HOw did they come to that conclusion?
Did they notice the color, leaks etc...

Ask you SA that?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Id get the delaer to show me why my tranny fluid and brake fluid needed to changed and why they are screwed? HOw did they come to that conclusion?
Did they notice the color, leaks etc...

Ask you SA that?
+1. How did your dealer come to the conclusion that whoever changed your tranny & brake fluid did a bad job?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
I had a similar experience with a Ford dealership on my old Excursion. I do my own oil changes but had it in for some other warranty work and they tell me I'm way past due for an oil change and that my oil is 2 qts low and very black and were trying in insinuate I was not maintaining the vehicle properly. Now I had done the oil change not 2 weeks prior (second oil change I had done since purchasing the vehicle) and I told him this and told him to go check himself or have someone pull the dipstick. He says his techs know what they're doing and he did not need to check again. So I told em to finish up the rest of the work and we'd talk about the oil change when I got there. I'm guessing the tech just looked at the oil change sticker in the windshield that the dealership did when selling the car and assumed I never changed the oil since purchasing it.

I show up and he pulls my car up and again says I was low/very dirty oil and is talking about how I want them to warranty stuff but I don't maintain the car properly. I told the guy I do my own maintenance and that the oil was just changed and had a dated filter with mileage of when I changed it last. (I write it on the oil filter can itself) he acts like I'm nuts and I tell him to come look at the oil with me. He calls a tech that ends up being really cool and we walk to my car. I pull the dipstick and wipe it toss it back in and pull it out to show a nice honey colored oil that was 90% of the way up the cross hatches. tech agrees it looks as good as it can get. So we walk back in and the tech is 100% siding with me and the service writer is still trying to act like I don't maintain my car properly and I end up threatening to jump over the counter to kick his @ss a few times.

After all that my receipt he gives me says the oil was low and black and had something about possible future coverage possibly being denied or some such. I was practically yelling at the idiot now that I wanted another receipt with this removed stating that the oil was fine. Ended up talking to a manager that was wondering WTF was up and we got it all straitened out. Also told the service writer if I had a friend pull an OASIS report (Ford service history records) and found something about bad oil I was gonna kick his *** and not even talk to him. Luckily they didn't call the cops cause I would have been in trouble but I was trying to voice my anger rather then lay the clown out.

Never did go back there for any more work.

Ok, sorry about the rant that experience really upset me though. I say tell em not to touch it and you'll be there to look at it with them. Bet it looks like new when you get there.

Last edited by BBBSS; 02-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by xtyper
+1. How did your dealer come to the conclusion that whoever changed your tranny & brake fluid did a bad job?
He was basically insinuating that whoever I paid to do the job didn't do it.

Hell will be raised tomorrow. No one tries to shove their hand in my pocket without getting it cut off. They wanted $700 for the tranny service and god knows how much for the brake fluid change.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Wish I knew more about cars. Can't stand going to the stealership as I usually get ripped a new one...

Well here is what happened to me at Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz... Basically cut and paste from my Yelp review of them a while back...

I bought a 2008 E350 from Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz.

The car overheated 1 month into ownership and MB service claimed that a rodentlike animal had damaged the fan which caused the car to overheat and I had to pay for all of the repairs out of my own pocket. Who knows whether this damage happened with the previous owner in their 3 years of ownership or me and my 1 month of ownership.

The same car overheated again 3 days later, and this time MB service claimed that the engine temperature sensor was bad and giving out a false warning. I pulled my car over as soon as I got the overheating warning and popped the hood on my car. The heat, steam, and vapor coming off the car were definite signs of a overheating problem. But Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz insists that all of this was just a figment of my imagination and that nothing was wrong with my car except for that faulty sensor.

I called my salesperson at Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz each time so he could try to help me take care of my problem and he didn't do a single thing. Buying a car and getting great service at the time of sale is one thing. Having the support after buying a piece of **** supposedly CPO car and not having the support is another.

All in all, I hired a lemon law attorney and got all of the money back from the payments I had made. I did NOT get paid for the money spent for repairs since it was "rodent damage" and outside of warranty as well as a couple grand in car mods.

Needless to say I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER CAR FROM OR SERVICE MY CAR AT BEVERLY HILLS MERCEDES BENZ.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
I think that the dealership is probably use to just telling customers what they need and they get very little push back. They are probably use to hearing, go ahead and do it and our driver will be done later in the day to pick up the car. It is all about convenience and I think in Beverly Hills and other high end markets, price is down near the bottom of the list. It is all about the convenience factor. I would not be surprised in the least if they don't pad on extra work to every job when in reality it wasn't required.
That is great that you have a guy nearby that you can trust. That is key.
Hope you get everything resolved on those leaks.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
He was basically insinuating that whoever I paid to do the job didn't do it.

Hell will be raised tomorrow. No one tries to shove their hand in my pocket without getting it cut off. They wanted $700 for the tranny service and god knows how much for the brake fluid change.
Please let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:05 AM

07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
You can just purchase the items for tran service. It's no more than $250. Have Serge do the work on it and never return to Beverly Hills. Save your headache and insanity LOL
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
keep us updated! I've had my car serviced at House of Imports a couple times and I've never had problems, but I plan on going to Serge for my next visit.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
^Serge is definitely where you should be going. He's taken care of me since he used to work at Penske. He can solve problems over the phone with me when needed. Like I said earlier, I only go to the dealership when I have no choice.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
So my car isn't ready yet, but I had to go grab some stuff out of the trunk today. While I was at the car, the tech told me that he wanted to show me how screwed the trans fluid was. He pulled some out and it looked like motor oil. I guess it's supposed to be red? Lol.

I know Serge did it. He's always Been good to me and I've heard no complaints from ANYONE about him. So the dealership actually went through the trouble of changing the fluid?!

Idk what to do. Idk what to say when I go pick it up. What would you say/do?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

If you truly trust Serge, then you go into MB Beverly Hills, thank them, tell them you already paid for the service to be done so will now be going back to the place you paid to have them do the job again while you watch.

Then you bring it back to Serge, have him undo whatever they did, and never go back to MBBH again.

Not that he is dishonest, but is it possible Serge forgot?

Bruce
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Stealership showed me pics of what was supposedly the damage they found in my car as well as some crap they had in a bag.

Could it be mine? Possibly. Could it be some **** they dug up just to cover their story and ****? Most probably. How can you prove it? Can't. Gotta do one of those hidden video camera "What would you do" kinda shows to catch them in the act.

What sucks worse, is that crooked stealership then makes you question work that was previously done on your car by someone very reputable and well known in the MB community.

It's life. I deal with this kinda crap in my everyday work in real estate. There are those that try to blame me for something that has gone wrong. And there are those that I have worked with, that know my work, and that can vouch for me and resoundingly call .
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Buy a tranny dipstick off amazon with the replacement cap and check the tranny fluid yourself.
Then you will see who's telling the truth

Allthat trouble to change the tranny fluid
BTW how many miles are on your 06?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
You have a receipt for your tranny fluid/oil replacement, don't you? Just show it to the stealer.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Buy a tranny dipstick off amazon with the replacement cap and check the tranny fluid yourself.
Then you will see who's telling the truth

Allthat trouble to change the tranny fluid
BTW how many miles are on your 06?
My car has a little over 80,000 on it. My schools/offices have always been quite a bit away from my house. It's a lot of freeway miles though, so the car is doing great for it's age.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Come on really? Changed out his fluid with bad stuff?? Sorry, I just dont see it. Granted I have no experience with that dealer....but I mean that is stuff that people easily get fired over.

On a second thought, If you fluid was that bad, and he just drained the pan and changed the filter, chances are the fluid would still look very bad.

Last edited by Shifter; 02-09-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
My car has a little over 80,000 on it. My schools/offices have always been quite a bit away from my house. It's a lot of freeway miles though, so the car is doing great for it's age.
I have a trans dipstick if you wanna borrow it and see for yourself!

Originally Posted by Iknownothing
Come on really? Changed out his fluid with bad stuff?? Sorry, I just dont see it. Granted I have no experience with that dealer....but I mean that is stuff that people easily get fired over.

On a second thought, If you fluid was that bad, and he just drained the pan and changed the filter, chances are the fluid would still look very bad.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. The torque convertor will hold a decent amount of trans fluid as well, hence why to properly check the level the car has to be in D.

I did my rear main, and saw the entire process of swapping the trans fluid. If it were changed, it would be a nice clear read, not dark. My old fluid was a brownish.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
Originally Posted by EmE247
Wish I knew more about cars. Can't stand going to the stealership as I usually get ripped a new one...
Double ditto. Sigh..........
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Several two legged rodent-like animals damaged your fan.

Originally Posted by EmE247

Well here is what happened to me at Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz... Basically cut and paste from my Yelp review of them a while back...

I bought a 2008 E350 from Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz.

The car overheated 1 month into ownership and MB service claimed that a rodentlike animal had damaged the fan which caused the car to overheat and I had to pay for all of the repairs out of my own pocket. Who knows whether this damage happened with the previous owner in their 3 years of ownership or me and my 1 month of ownership.

The same car overheated again 3 days later, and this time MB service claimed that the engine temperature sensor was bad and giving out a false warning. I pulled my car over as soon as I got the overheating warning and popped the hood on my car. The heat, steam, and vapor coming off the car were definite signs of a overheating problem. But Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz insists that all of this was just a figment of my imagination and that nothing was wrong with my car except for that faulty sensor.

I called my salesperson at Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz each time so he could try to help me take care of my problem and he didn't do a single thing. Buying a car and getting great service at the time of sale is one thing. Having the support after buying a piece of **** supposedly CPO car and not having the support is another.

All in all, I hired a lemon law attorney and got all of the money back from the payments I had made. I did NOT get paid for the money spent for repairs since it was "rodent damage" and outside of warranty as well as a couple grand in car mods.

Needless to say I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER CAR FROM OR SERVICE MY CAR AT BEVERLY HILLS MERCEDES BENZ.