W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++++NPI Headers sold by Brooke/Shardul-Shocking product-Pics inside+++++

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by emoving
No, I was talking about Fabtech. He is now a sponsor and a mod. That is now confirmed from a PM I got from the sheriff saying he was and realizes it may jeopardize his business with members there. So that is no in question anymore. I simply made a comment about it and he locked the thread which was also confirmed in the PM even though Fabtech still denies hes a mod. I simply made a statement I thought sponsors being mods is a little conflict in interest and he locked the thread. Then Shar jumped in and stated in on me "look who's starting trouble". Your right though, I'm am fine with you. Shar pmd me and said sorry so I'm fine with him at this point. Just not sure about that site. Starting to feel a lite like a big scam to me.
**** it came out the wrong way check your pm

Last edited by shardul; 05-04-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Hulk
If a sponsor or company is a mod it is a big conflict of interest, they can delete anything bad that is said regarding their service etc.
Bingo!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea, I'm ok on it Shar. The issue which I was originally speaking about is BS but I was just stating my opinion. No biggie.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hulk
If a sponsor or company is a mod it is a big conflict of interest, they can delete anything bad that is said regarding their service etc.
What if they own the site??? Brooke aka exotic metal owns psc and rtr/udp/etc. Shards just his pusher on the payroll
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Whether it be a sponor or owner , its the same thing, however, personally shardul has helped me on numerous occasions with no money ever being exchanged and even saved me money by telling me my pulley was good and not to switch to the RTR for example...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Shards just his pusher on the payroll
That is a false statement. You are friends with Jerry right you can ask him too
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
No, I was talking about Fabtech. He is now a sponsor and a mod. That is now confirmed from a PM I got from the sheriff saying he was and realizes it may jeopardize his business with members there. So that is no in question anymore. I simply made a comment about it and he locked the thread which was also confirmed in the PM even though Fabtech still denies hes a mod. I simply made a statement I thought sponsors being mods is a little conflict in interest and he locked the thread. Then Shar jumped in and stated in on me "look who's starting trouble". Your right though, I'm am fine with you. Shar pmd me and said sorry so I'm fine with him at this point. Just not sure about that site. Starting to feel a lite like a big scam to me.
Now there is a surprise

You CAN NOT be a Mod and sponsor at the same time, period.

To easy to take a side, IMHO. Not pointing fingers, OR taking sides, just stating a plain old fact
Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Now there is a surprise

You CAN NOT be a Mod and sponsor at the same time, period.

To easy to take a side, IMHO. Not pointing fingers, OR taking sides, just stating a plain old fact
Well according to Denroll, who is by the way a mod over there, Fabtech aka evolved8 was a mod for 30 minutes and they revoked it due to conflict of interest. It is interesting that Denroll is a mod who has owned his 55 for what.....5 months. It is all sort of interesting the decisions being made on that forum. Seems a little fly by night. Just my opinion. We know opinions are like aholez and everyone has one thought.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by shardul
That is a false statement. You are friends with Jerry right you can ask him too
Let me get this right. You take money for products Brooke sells. And yet you aren't on the payroll
Old 05-04-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
I posted up pics a while ago of the NPI headers and my custom midsection made by NPI.
I posted hi res pics and you ALL looked at them and said they looked great so what is the problem. Here is the post. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...cts-x-2-a.html
You don't have the close up detailed pics in your post, but they appear much better quality then what has been posted in this thread for some reason.

The pics in this thread are a JOKE. Sorry, that is low quality built in your garage with a hammer and a car battery and coat hanger to weld type work. If I paid $2000 for these I'd want a refund as well.

Not sure why the quality has changed so much if yours are as good as they appear to be in the pictures you posted, but this set was done poorly. There is no question about that at all.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Well according to Denroll, who is by the way a mod over there, Fabtech aka evolved8 was a mod for 30 minutes and they revoked it due to conflict of interest. It is interesting that Denroll is a mod who has owned his 55 for what.....5 months. It is all sort of interesting the decisions being made on that forum. Seems a little fly by night. Just my opinion. We know opinions are like aholez and everyone has one thought.
If Denroll is mod in PSC then he might get sponsorship for the "SC pulley" Soon he will post his 10's 1/4 mile run with his 180mm RTR pulley.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by BBBSS
You don't have the close up detailed pics in your post, but they appear much better quality then what has been posted in this thread for some reason.

The pics in this thread are a JOKE. Sorry, that is low quality built in your garage with a hammer and a car battery and coat hanger to weld type work. If I paid $2000 for these I'd want a refund as well.

Not sure why the quality has changed so much if yours are as good as they appear to be in the pictures you posted, but this set was done poorly. There is no question about that at all.
Actually, as a constructive criticism for whomever is designing and fabricating those headers, grantwoodtx's headers certainly look better than the ones in this thread, but a careful look still reveals certain issues.

Look at the 2nd longest runners, where they mate to the flanges - the metal looks crushed... why?

Also, the left-hand header, shortest runner - what's with the additional small piece of tubing joining the flange and runner? Why not a continuous piece, like the right-hand set?

Finally, every single runner appears to be cheating radii in the bends, which hurts flow.

Overall, they're way better than stock manifolds, but addressing these issues would make them better still.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Both Shardul and Brooke saw my question and continue to Dodge it, who owns redtooth racing, udp and why do you have seperate companies for all the products you push? Why don't they have actual physical addresses, phone numbers to speak to a live person?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 PM

CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
I've seen about 4 sets of these headers in the flesh and they look much better than this particular set, these NPI dudes are not a big company that's building these in china and saying that they are built here in the states so they are not all going to look the same, they are hand built, these are $2000 headers not $3000 or $4000 dollar units if you want that kind of quality pay for it, as far as attacking sharduls character I can't beleive that none of the people he has saved money over years doesn't have his back, he's trying to get parts built cheaper for us guys without paying the Benz tax and making a tiny amount of money on the side he's not an fabricator or a engineer just a sales ****, of corse some people are going to get pissed after they have problems, not everyone is going to be happy all the time the people that bought these headers asked Shardul to help have a set made for them, fair enought they paypaled shards but it's NPI that had the quality problem **** maybe the dude welding and doing the fab work had a bad day and wanted to get these done quickly I'm sure after that set shardul tore those blokes a new *** after he had to pay the original owner a refund,
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
The address on the UPD site is Brooke's address at quantum fitness go figure.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 174 Likes on 144 Posts
SL55, S500
This forum was blowing up in 06-07, everyone in this thread is like late 08-09.

Any pics of what headers are supposed to look like?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
05 E55 AMG
Am I in the twilight zone or something I swear a month ago you couldn't keep guys off of Sharduls and Brooke's nuts, now they become public enemy #1??? What is going on here? Reading all this and from the other thread makes me wonder how those guys made it this far? This is the same s**t I went through with B. Gorman, I wonder if all three of them are related?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
I've seen about 4 sets of these headers in the flesh and they look much better than this particular set, these NPI dudes are not a big company that's building these in china and saying that they are built here in the states so they are not all going to look the same, they are hand built, these are $2000 headers not $3000 or $4000 dollar units if you want that kind of quality pay for it, as far as attacking sharduls character I can't beleive that none of the people he has saved money over years doesn't have his back, he's trying to get parts built cheaper for us guys without paying the Benz tax and making a tiny amount of money on the side he's not an fabricator or a engineer just a sales ****, of corse some people are going to get pissed after they have problems, not everyone is going to be happy all the time the people that bought these headers asked Shardul to help have a set made for them, fair enought they paypaled shards but it's NPI that had the quality problem **** maybe the dude welding and doing the fab work had a bad day and wanted to get these done quickly I'm sure after that set shardul tore those blokes a new *** after he had to pay the original owner a refund,
Are you really saying that header worth $2k ???
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 PM

CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Are you really saying that header worth $2k ???
No im not saying that, i am saying that the ones i have seen are !! dont know what happend to this set but they are nowhere near what the other sets i have seen look like, thats why shardul gave the dude a refund
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63 AMG, 1991 NSX, 2007 Corvette
I'm really happy with the MBH long tubes I got several months ago. The product was as beautiful as the car itself.
The company stands behind their products 100% no questions asked. They just want it to be right the first time.
I think that is what all of us here expect. We certainly don't mind spending the money as we have expensive cars, we just expect high quality when spending that money.
Thanks for the post Craig.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AUS-E55
No im not saying that, i am saying that the ones i have seen are !! dont know what happend to this set but they are nowhere near what the other sets i have seen look like, thats why shardul gave the dude a refund
I have to agree, they don't even look the same. Grants look much better. Just wondering why it took 2 months for these pics to show up? If he was so pissed about the quality why wait to post them?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
I have to agree, they don't even look the same. Grants look much better. Just wondering why it took 2 months for these pics to show up? If he was so pissed about the quality why wait to post them?
Because the deluge of hate must continue, regardless of subject matter or culpability!

"Oh hey guys a friend bought some headers that had **** welds so he returned them for a full refund" translates to "+++++NPI Headers sold by Brooke/Shardul-Shocking product-Pics inside++++"

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 05-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I agree unless shardul took care of it right away.... These stories are always the same, ...

3 versions to every story lol
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG (Dubai), 2009 BMW X5 4.8i Sport (PA)
The twists on this forum lately are crazy!

I have to say though, chawkins and rocket are getting the short end of the stick right now. Yeah, they pushed the envelope and they got burnt, but those two dudes would stand up for any other person on this forum who happened to find themselves in a similar situation.

They deserve answers to their questions and the longer the questions get ignored, the longer all of this is going to keep going. I can't imagine that RTR doesn't have some kind of liability insurance for this sort of event. How could you even think of starting a business without thinking about possible liabilities? I'm sure every single sponsor on MBWorld is covered.

Eventually, the answers will be found, one way or another. If I owned RTR I would just come out and say it and then make things right. Bad PR can kill an unknown company and MBWorld is probably the main source of info for new people looking to mod 55's. Just search Google for "red tooth racing headers" and notice what pops up. RTR could still turn this around if they just did the right thing. Look at what is happening to Spirit Air right now and all they had to due was refund $197. The CEO was about to get dumped and the bad PR is probably going to cost them 6 figures.

Make it right RTR and then follow the example of some of the good vendors on here and you might have a successful business. There is still a chance to turn this around but it is quickly slipping away.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Yet another sound product coming out of their stable. A forum member ordered these headers and paid around $2000, this is the final product they got below. They were really uneven, a square cross was put across all four flanges and measured with a micrometer. Across the flanges they were off anywhere from 1/16" to 1/4" inch and wouldn't mate up to the heads properly.
The welds also looked like **** as well, sugaring everywhere. After fighting with them due to been unsatisfied, he eventuallyy got his money back, now that is sound customer service/product material for you.
I agree these header are crap.

But, Shardul refunded the money.

In all my dealings with Shardul over the years, he has always been responsive and fair and I intend to continue doing business with him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: +++++NPI Headers sold by Brooke/Shardul-Shocking product-Pics inside+++++