W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another RTR pulley failure

Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
This thread: Directed by M. Night Shayamalan.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
For the record, I have not made one post on this thread until now! You are being exposed slander, lies and unsubstanciated deframatory post by a key few memebers that have been doing this for years. Yep, search thier post

Second, I sold the pulley to amgRocket, Shardul sold one to Chawkins and Eurocharged sold the ones to the OP. Amgrocket came to me via PM to get a deal and Chawkins to Shardul for a deal and I am sure they did thier prior due diligence , since they display so much knowledge..

So if you think they paid some other company that you guys are bashing, then post a sales receipt but they dont exist. UPD has been a sponsor here since Jan, as I recall, and not sold direct to anyone, as they stated. Shardul and I came sponsors per the members request last fall and you can feel free to search the threads. It took several months but Shardul getting banned all the time, was not what the majority wanted.

Third, The Redtooth will be going right onto my new engine, as soon as it is ready to go back into my car soon. Just like I ran the largest 200mm RTR for over 2000 miles and on the highest all boost engine power and Torque!!

It is clear, Blackbenzz, AMgrocket and chawkins hate , disllike and want to result to persoanl attacks on me, my familly and freinds, just like they have dont t0 other people and sponsors. Thier deframatory remarks and made up stories are false and very illegal. This is the net, those 3 guys know me, know who makes the RTR, know all kinds of things about me, as we all share text, talk, did share ideas and with that came trust.. So fair warning members, be carefull you you text, PM, share your number with, facebook with as one day you may help source something and if it goes bad,, well you get the idea.. Lies, slander, personal attacks, deframation and even your place of work may be contacted that could cause a loss of income or if you are not a citizen, even deportation..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
How do you plan to deport citizens, just because they have an accent, loll??
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just wanna remind everyone that this latest internet war is brought to you by Bud Light....

Bud Light, The Sure Sign Of A Good Time, Here We Go!

Now back to the action.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
How do you plan to deport citizens, just because they have an accent, loll??
Wow, hit a big nerve! Well on the net, we can make you to be what you are or anything we want, just depends on how personal you want it and brother you have gone libel and personal. For example, The bank you are a bean counter for , they had layoffs recently and with those cut backs PAY you to work for them and then come on these forums and slander members and venders all day.. What a hypocrite brother you have become. Then lets say a few members on here do an evaluation on your FB, post and text based on their medical expertise and decide to say you have severe child abuse issue and wife abuse issues? We are talking hypothetically here but just saying while you are dishing out the lies on me and Shardul, how the net can play out. There is a lot more that we could just talk about for fun but not my style at all.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Absolutely nothing posted on the past few pages does anything to shed light on the several broken pulleys. Additionally. , it seems that this so called sponsor that chimes in every once in a while still has offered NOTHING in terms of name, address ,etc. We only know that there is a relation to someone else here posting. So, I suppose a wife could be posting from one room, husband posting from yet another room, then neither of them mention a thing to each other as they carry about their day and pass each other in the home..... Strange......

Additionally I would have to call out the moderators on this forum. What exactly are you allowing at this point? A sponsor that pays up a few bucks, offers NOTHING to it's members, but comes here to defend, umm, well, nobody seems to know at this point since you allow a sponsor to join, yet offer absolutely no information as to what/who they are.

Last edited by pearlpower; 05-22-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Tech@UltimatePD
You are clearly on a witch hunt against Brooke, that is your business with him.
What will you do to erase all of the damage that has been done to me, my business, friends and family?
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
For the record, I have not made one post on this thread until now!
It is clear, Blackbenzz, AMgrocket and chawkins hate , disllike and want to result to persoanl attacks on me, my familly and freinds..
Here are some of the rules we agree too but the slander and personal attacks on me , family and friends is allowed.
This is really getting confusing.

No dog in this hunt, but this whole "cloak-and-dagger" situation is really bizarre; unlike anything I've seen before when (casually) following the aftermarket/tuner parts industry.

Why won't UPD/RTR, whomever, just come forward and say "hey, my name is so-and-so, and I represent this company, and we take this matter very seriously. My email is this, my phone number is that, my address is this, etc. Here're the steps we're taking to rectify this issue for our customers..." It's just so weird for a company to try and stand up for itself, but with some anonymous "Tech" screenname, with an obvious and blatant omission of the repeated questions asking who UPD/RTR is.

If someone has an issue with Eurocharged, they know to go to Jake or Jerry. If someone has an issue with OE, they know to go to Jeremy. If someone has an issue with Speedriven, they know to go to Marcin. If someone has an issue with Kleemann, they know to go to Cory. And so on and so forth.

Exotic mentions selling a pulley to one guy, he mentions Shardul selling another one to another guy, and Eurocharged selling the one to this thread's OP. Well... where (who) did these guys get them from, to then forward the hardware to the end users? Where's the paper trail for payments made, cash flow debits/credits, corporate accounts payable/receivable, etc.?

Just really, really strange. Entertaining, of course... but strange.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I could careless what you say about my family because people that know me, would laugh in your face about your above post.

Where is all the slander and attacks on vendors bro?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
This is really getting confusing.

No dog in this hunt, but this whole "cloak-and-dagger" situation is really bizarre; unlike anything I've seen before when (casually) following the aftermarket/tuner parts industry.

Why won't UPD/RTR, whomever, just come forward and say "hey, my name is so-and-so, and I represent this company, and we take this matter very seriously. My email is this, my phone number is that, my address is this, etc. Here're the steps we're taking to rectify this issue for our customers..." It's just so weird for a company to try and stand up for itself, but with some anonymous "Tech" screenname, with an obvious and blatant omission of the repeated questions asking who UPD/RTR is.

If someone has an issue with Eurocharged, they know to go to Jake or Jerry. If someone has an issue with OE, they know to go to Jeremy. If someone has an issue with Speedriven, they know to go to Marcin. If someone has an issue with Kleemann, they know to go to Cory. And so on and so forth.

Exotic mentions selling a pulley to one guy, he mentions Shardul selling another one to another guy, and Eurocharged selling the one to this thread's OP. Well... where (who) did these guys get them from, to then forward the hardware to the end users? Where's the paper trail for payments made, cash flow debits/credits, corporate accounts payable/receivable, etc.?

Just really, really strange. Entertaining, of course... but strange.
Where there is smoke, there is fire..... Agree, very odd and MBWorld allows it to continue.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM

Mercedes
I also have a 180 RTR that I bought from Shardul a few months ago. Had it on for a few thousand miles with no issues, but am starting to get nervous after all this talk about failures.

I'm wondering what the result of the "testing" will be and how soon the results will be out. I really don't want to be buying a new crankshaft.

Hopefully I will still be able to return this pulley to RTR (or ASP?) if they are found to be of less quality than oem.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 PM

E55
Drama Drama and more Drama, this is very entertaing and sweet at the same time. I cant wait to see how this turns out.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
If this makes a difference - my name is Caren. I own UPD. My email is caren@ultimatepd.com, UPD did not sell any of the pulleys in question, but we are asking for the pulleys back to fairly examine the parts in question. Everything that has been argued thus far is extremely one-sided. I have given my cell number to everyone who has issues and have not had one call. The sponsor account was set up months ago and Tech was the thought to be the best name. UPD has been around since 2001 and has never been a secret to any of the parties involved as to its identity. We met many members of MBW at SEMA last year and it was clear who I am. We are in the process of moving to a retail location, and when the details are finalized we will gladly post the details and offer tours to anyone interested.
Thank you, Caren. I think it does make a difference to the community here; which is why people have been asking.

I don't understand your comment about the sales process, however - if UPD didn't sell any of the pulleys in question, how did Exotic/Shardul/Eurocharged get their hands on them? Did they buy them directly from RTR, and then sell them to the members mentioned earlier? If you didn't sell them, why do you need them back? Did you manufacture them? Earlier it was alleged that ASP manufactures them. So, if that's true, if you didn't sell them, and didn't manufacture them, I'm not even sure why your company is involved...?

If these were bought direct from RTR, does anyone know who represents RTR?

Thanks again - I'm sure you can appreciate how it's confusing to folks, with seemingly several interested parties involved in every transaction. For the OP, for example, we're apparently now up to Eurocharged, RTR, UPD, and (perhaps?) ASP as allegedly all having a hand in getting him his pulley. Pretty complex.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 05-22-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Im cancelling HBO and subscribing to this
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I could careless what you say about my family because people that know me, would laugh in your face about your above post.
Confirmed
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 PM

e55
Oh my, this is rediculous. The people selling these pullies are truely a joke.

They must think they are so clever but it is all so transparent. Knowbody knows what they are selling and are doing their best to distance themselves. I love how a husband is sourcing parts from his wife.

My heart goes out to those that had their cars damaged. The writing is on the wall...I am sure that neither the manuacfurer, designer, nor the distributor will compensate you for your damages.

I would have more respect for them if they said this is who we are and f-off, there are no warranties.

8 year olds dude...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by 210e55
I also have a 180 RTR that I bought from Shardul a few months ago. Had it on for a few thousand miles with no issues, but am starting to get nervous after all this talk about failures.

I'm wondering what the result of the "testing" will be and how soon the results will be out. I really don't want to be buying a new crankshaft.

Hopefully I will still be able to return this pulley to RTR (or ASP?) if they are found to be of less quality than oem.
For what it's worth, I just got a PM from Shardul reassuring me that if these pullies are found to be defective from the independent testing, I will be given a full refund.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
I really dont want to get involved here because its not fair on me to comment on my friends good or bad and its not a outside opinion at all, but if anyone that doubt's Caren is not who she says she is they are very mistaken, she was running one of the biggest and best tuning shops in Houston which was also famous all over the country when I first met her about 13 years ago and then I Re-met her about 4 years ago when I met Brooke for the first time, she wasnt with Brooke the first time I met her either, she's a real chick, every post that has come from UPD has Truly been Caren, These are all good people we are dealing with from both sides, someone just need to figure out wht the frig is going wrong with the pullies, as I said in an earier Post on another thread **** happens when you push the limits, I've seen lots of stuff go wrong over the years including other peoples pullies falling off from all manufacturers, as far as im concered a real engineer needs to figure out whats going on, Its a shame its turned into this poo fight and that damage has been done but racing is racing and you have to pay to play.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
I bought ASP idler pulleys from Shardul. No problem. This is nothing related to the RTR pulley so no comment on RTR.

I bought injectors from E55rocketAMG. No problem. I installed them myself. I am not a Machanic Tech. At 1 or 2 positions, they are not much room so they are tight but fit. So to whoever says that it doesn't work, I can astest that they do work. If you can't make it work, you seriously don't know how to install.

I am neither Shardul's nor E55rocketAMG' friend.

Sorry for the of topic!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
OMFG! this thread is just plain ridiculous now.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 539 Likes on 358 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
So basically, House Targaryen sold bad pullies to several nobles in Winterfell, and now everyone has laid siege to King's Landing?

Can I play Tyrion? Like a 6' tall version of him?

Seriously this is the most drama I've seen here for years, that I didn't create.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
ok so let me get a few things straight here

Brooke(exoticmetal) claims that he sold one RTR pulley to Chawkins. Shardul sold another RTR pulley to Steve(e55rocket) and EC sold the OP's RTR pulley. No one seems to know where the RTR pulleys originated. ASP was brought up as th manufacturer. Then Caren from UPD, who is Brooke's wife, becomes a sponsor in January and starts posting in this thread asking for the RTR pulleys to be send back to her. She then says that she at no point had manufactured, tested or sold the RTR pulleys and claims to be an idependent third party who will examine the failed pulleys and determine the root of the failure.

Now even a child would see a flaw here. Brooke's wife coming into the picture asking for the RTR pulleys to be sent back to her for "testing" is a bit fishy.

Then we've got our resident clown Toadster posting saying that the members who bought the RTR pulley should have had it tested and examined by an engineer prior to installation to determine if the pulley was designed correctly. Is that a reasonable thing to ask of a consumer? We purchase items from Vendors and we expect these items to have been tested and designed to withstand abuse and not fail. In this case, both Brooke and Shardul talked extensively about how the pulley was the best design avaliable on the marketand how they've been running them on their own vehicles without any issues. They never mentioned ASP manufacturing these pulleys or having any design input.

Now after the pulleys start failing, they are blaiming the consumer for faulty installation and getting offended when the product they sold is being called inadequate and deeming the claims unfounded. Well let me ask you this Brooke, what proof do you have that the pulleys were installed incorrectly? Is it because the pulley was designed so that the MB Pulley Holding Tool could not be used during the installation process? I wonder who's fault that is...
anyways I don't have a dog in this race as others have said, but I just wanted to get some facts straight....

oh and by the way, Steve's adapter's do not work. Whoever wants to install the 550cc injector's correctly should use pig tails.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Ya tell him to send you some good Pigtails that actually work
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
ok so let me get a few things straight here

Brooke(exoticmetal) claims that he sold one RTR pulley to Chawkins. Shardul sold another RTR pulley to Steve(e55rocket) and EC sold the OP's RTR pulley. No one seems to know where the RTR pulleys originated. ASP was brought up as th manufacturer. Then Caren from UPD, who is Brooke's wife, becomes a sponsor in January and starts posting in this thread asking for the RTR pulleys to be send back to her. She then says that she at no point had manufactured, tested or sold the RTR pulleys and claims to be an idependent third party who will examine the failed pulleys and determine the root of the failure.

Now even a child would see a flaw here. Brooke's wife coming into the picture asking for the RTR pulleys to be sent back to her for "testing" is a bit fishy.

Then we've got our resident clown Toadster posting saying that the members who bought the RTR pulley should have had it tested and examined by an engineer prior to installation to determine if the pulley was designed correctly. Is that a reasonable thing to ask of a consumer? We purchase items from Vendors and we expect these items to have been tested and designed to withstand abuse and not fail. In this case, both Brooke and Shardul talked extensively about how the pulley was the best design avaliable on the marketand how they've been running them on their own vehicles without any issues. They never mentioned ASP manufacturing these pulleys or having any design input.

Now after the pulleys start failing, they are blaiming the consumer for faulty installation and getting offended when the product they sold is being called inadequate and deeming the claims unfounded. Well let me ask you this Brooke, what proof do you have that the pulleys were installed incorrectly? Is it because the pulley was designed so that the MB Pulley Holding Tool could not be used during the installation process? I wonder who's fault that is...
anyways I don't have a dog in this race as others have said, but I just wanted to get some facts straight....

oh and by the way, Steve's adapter's do not work. Whoever wants to install the 550cc injector's correctly should use pig tails.

I was basically going to say the same thing so Ill just add it here

ok lets sum it up

Shardul,Brooke and his wife,Jerry and ASP are all in the same area and all at first wont say who makes or sells the pullies.

insert 100 pages of pointing fingers

I clearly remember exotic talking about his super charger pulley and never once until a few days ago heard about his wife and now its from another company...cough his wife cough bswtfshaddyas****coughhh.

So Shardul,Brooke,wife,asp and even eurocharged (they sold rtr pullies too)

When are you going to recall them and man up and say they are not built right?

You want the people to return there only piece of evidence they have and its like asking the police to hand over the murder weapon with prince on it to the suspect so it can vanish.

now its on to further inspection etc...what a load, why dont you install a 195 pulley at eurocharged and have the customer on his way and when and if that fails(im betting it will)take that engine apart and inspect that pulley.

in the mean time you should tell everyone that there is a slight possibility that some pullies were made out of spec and should not be installed.

and now the big question that everyone is dying to ask,if those pullies come back as defective will you cover the cost of a new crank on the few cars that need them?

Last edited by Rock; 05-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
this thread makes me
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another RTR pulley failure