W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another RTR pulley failure

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Tech@UltimatePD
Steve,

To your pointed question, any issue that is found would be rectified and dealt with appropriately. None of us want cars to break, we all want good products that perform well. It does not benefit us or anyone else to shove this "under the rug" as you are suggesting. We have over 50 units out there and if there is a common denominator that can tie any issues together then we would acknowledge and rectify. Your issues have been publicly documented repeatedly, so holding on to the pulley solves nothing for you or anyone else.
"any issue that is found would be rectified and dealt with appropriately."

Can you explain what that actually means for the people that have had them fail already? How would you rectify it?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
"any issue that is found would be rectified and dealt with appropriately."

Can you explain what that actually means for the people that have had them fail already? How would you rectify it?
This is a legitimate question. Answer?

Anybody have the pulley steel checked for type / hardness and compare to factory?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by claywillard
This is a legitimate question. Answer?

Anybody have the pulley steel checked for type / hardness and compare to factory?
I will know very soon.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Craig, you are constantly stirring the pot, and creating stories without facts to base them on. So any independent entity I have test the pulleys will be immediately flawed for a conflict of interest, but your independent test will be more reliable- how? You want someone to say that the pulley is bad, I want solutions to any common issues to a problem that I can't even look at because I have not one piece back from anyone.
Hi there Mr tech. What's your name? What's the address your company operates out of? Surely you know your name right? Or are you going to deny having one of those too?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Name the stories I have made up, and I will provide hard facts to substantiate my comments Brooke.

Why don't we agree on a neutral place for my rtr pulleys, along with the OP and Steve's. Once that is accomplished, I will send them off along with an OEM pulley for comparisons sake.

Craig, you are constantly stirring the pot, and creating stories without facts to base them on. So any independent entity I have test the pulleys will be immediately flawed for a conflict of interest, but your independent test will be more reliable- how? You want someone to say that the pulley is bad, I want solutions to any common issues to a problem that I can't even look at because I have not one piece back from anyone.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 AMG E63S, 2006 XK8 victory edition convertible, 2006 supercharged trailblazer SS, 2001 E430
sub'd
Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Havent seen Denroll post in a while.. I know he was running a RTR pulley, maybe his car blew up too

Oh yea.... he pulled hard on his car, hopefully he is OK.......
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM

2012 CL63AMG
Bad pulley

I bought a 180 pulley and it broke 10k later So bad install is out of the question. Broken pulley is a bad pulley. Jerry said that he will take care of the problem so i wait till he sends me a new one. But i clearly saw what went wrong with mine. The conecting bolts broke. Bad desiegn for sure.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Is this a RTR pulley Airtony?

Brooke, you said earlier that these are still accusations, and there is no hard evidence, well what do you call all these failures then, and in your own opinion, WHAT IS CAUSING THEM?

Originally Posted by airtony
I bought a 180 pulley and it broke 10k later So bad install is out of the question. Broken pulley is a bad pulley. Jerry said that he will take care of the problem so i wait till he sends me a new one. But i clearly saw what went wrong with mine. The conecting bolts broke. Bad desiegn for sure.

Last edited by chawkins2001; 05-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Name the stories I have made up, and I will provide hard facts to substantiate my comments Brooke.

Why don't we agree on a neutral place for my rtr pulleys, along with the OP and Steve's. Once that is accomplished, I will send them off along with an OEM pulley for comparisons sake.
not to sound obvious - but why didn't you guys do this in the first place?

Last edited by Toadster; 05-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Its the way they handle it that matters.
Oh ya? So when other tuners have blown motors ( and they all have ) how was it handled?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hulk
Oh ya? So when other tuners have blown motors ( and they all have ) how was it handled?
Ask someone that had their motor blown by another tuner. All I can tell you is that OE didn't do anything and put the blame everywhere but on themselves. And this was on a car that broke all 8 piston ring lands on literally the first pull post tune. Eurocharged offered parts for a motor OE blew
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 26 (19 members and 7 guests) e55amgrocket, adianaty, awiner, blackbenzz, BlkE55K, chawkins2001, claywillard, Cylinder Head, eko1, PTE, rlh23, shardul, skratch77, sokarempire, SterlingE55, Tech@UltimatePD

Waiting.....
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Blanket statements posting about other people who are not claiming issues themselves are not facts. Two pulleys here, another one there, that is all baseless, again not one part has been returned. If people are legitimately having issues then they themselves can report it, and don't you think someone would have sent it back by now? You are clearly on a witch hunt against Brooke, that is your business with him. You and the few others who continually chime in, have done nothing to look towards any answers or solutions, the only thing you have done is repeatedly made personal attacks. If you truly thought there was something wrong with the design, you would have stopped all the talking a long time ago and taken some action, but instead you revel in the limelight of insulting and degrading posts. You can continue to call me Brooke, Shardul or any other members name you would like, but it is childish, immature and not working towards any solutions.
I asked a simple question that as usual you skipped over because you have no answer for it. I'll ask again. If we send you the pulleys back, you "test" them and actually agree they are defective. What would you do then? Also how would they be tested? Who would be testing them?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM

2003 E55 AMG
I did not skip over them, I will give you your attention too. You are asking speculative questions that I can give no good answer to. Anything I say will not be satisfactory because this is the hostile environment that you and the others have created. What if the tables are turned? The pulley comes back perfectly sound, no issues and it is a OEM issue instead? What will you do to erase all of the damage that has been done to me, my business, friends and family?
You, the company or whoever you are, are offering a service. You owe it to the paying customer to be responsible for your product. The customers only owe you what was on the invoice when they paid you. Handle things correctly the first time and avoid these situations.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'm not going to hijack this this however, I'm sure you were not the only one there when/if this happened, so I'm sure you would have witnesses, but instead right now we have your version and theirs and I'm sure they are very different, all I know is that Jeremy has been extremely respectful and extremely professional in the way he works, not to mention that many 10 second cars have been tuned by him not to mention that Bruce who in my opinion is one of the most knowledgeable in this game has tunes only from Jeremy on his fastest cars

Every time there's something on RTR , you have to bring up OE, they are not related so why bring it up?
Actually there was a witness. I own a ten second car and helped build another one, so what? I didn't bring up OE, someone else did. I was giving my experience. First pull post tube kaboom. I couldn't attend my own track rental the next day as a result and he was there. Btw, eurocharged tuned the fastest E55
I did not skip over them, I will give you your attention too. You are asking speculative questions that I can give no good answer to. Anything I say will not be satisfactory because this is the hostile environment that you and the others have created. What if the tables are turned? The pulley comes back perfectly sound, no issues and it is a OEM issue instead? What will you do to erase all of the damage that has been done to me, my business, friends and family?
I'd like to take a tour of your facilities, what address should I go to and who should I ask for sir/lady?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Just recently EC tuned the fastest one, Before that it was owned by OE, so where is this witness??
Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Just recently EC tuned the fastest one, Before that it was owned by OE, so where is this witness??
Pm sent. Lets keep this thread on track
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
check your email craig
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Well it would be mind boggling that your independent test found different than my 3 plus the knowledge of other on here but if you do remember i gave you the benefit of the doubt when the pulley broke and said i wanted to get my own evaluation just to be fair before i even posted about it. Do you remember that because i do.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Havent seen Denroll post in a while.. I know he was running a RTR pulley, maybe his car blew up too
You'll probably be disappointed to know that mine is still doing fine. You've been crawling all over my sac since this thing started trying to rustle my jimmies. Other than a recent P2007 code and a rich tune, which is getting fixed soon, it's still running like a champ.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
All of the accusations of the RTR pullies being defective is still only that. Accusations. Not one pulley has ever been returned to ASP or UPD or RTR or EC for anyone to look at or inspect for cause. We have worked endlessly behind the scenes with the users, dealers, and manufacturer to get these products back to look at. Every manufacturer has the right to inspect any product that someone makes claims against. We work with anyone who has a valid issue, and who works with us, but to date we have only been on the receiving end of endlessly vicious attacks.

well I hate to add to the fire and I was given a full refund and had no issues getting it, but id hate to see someone else engine crap out, this is the pulley I received from RTR and these pictures were immediate taken after opening the box, totally not what I was expecting. Ill let you decided if you would install this after opening the box...I posted this because theres an issue with this pulleys and after reading your post you seem like your still in denial

Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
this pulley was NEVER installed!

Last edited by 02S430; 05-22-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Hey, there's still no name from the Tech@upd guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another RTR pulley failure