Opinions on Nitto Invo's and Toyo T1 Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Opinions on Nitto Invo's and Toyo T1 Sports

I'm thinking about trying these out. If you've run these, please comment on your experiences with them. BTW, I'm currently running Hankook V12's, so not really looking for the typical "hankooks are the best bang for the buck" comment I'm looking for a tire with a rounder sidewall than the Hankook offers.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Originally Posted by tbone
I'm thinking about trying these out. If you've run these, please comment on your experiences with them. BTW, I'm currently running Hankook V12's, so not really looking for the typical "hankooks are the best bang for the buck" comment I'm looking for a tire with a rounder sidewall than the Hankook offers.
I'm running nitto nt05's right now 275/35/18 rears, and 245/40/18 Fronts.

Before these, I was running Hankook ventus RS-3's, in 285/35/18 in the rears, but the sidewall was rubbing against my rear fender walls and rubbing the side of the tires.

Before that, lol, I also had Toyo T1R's in 285/35/18, but due to them also being too wide, they popped on me in the middle of the desert on I-10.

Even far before that, I had Michelin PS2's twice, biggest waste of money, in 265/35/18

I think stock came with the continental contitact or something.

My favorite, has been the nitto nt05's, I've had them on my subaru wrx, and i'm going to be slapping them onto my STi next month with brakes.

Hope this helps. Money wise, I dunno these are all high end version of tires, but you bought a 100k car, you should probably not cheap out on the tires, as that is the only thing that is touching the ground.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:18 PM

e55
i had the invo on my car previously and personally did not care for them. they wore fairly quick, fronts had bad cupping on the inside edges, and think other tires handle better. i actually replaced them with the V12 and have about 1k miles on them so far and actually prefer them more than the nittos. (not what you want to hear i an sure)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by tbone
Have used many Toyos in the past, they definitely have rounder sidewalls. I'd go for the Toyo out of the 2 tires... The hankooks and falkens are square as **** lol didnt like them compared to the continentals.

Currently Im runing continentals extremecontact dw's and they are round, ride smooth and grip hard...
Old 06-17-2012, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by tbal
Have used many Toyos in the past, they definitely have rounder sidewalls. I'd go for the Toyo out of the 2 tires... The hankooks and falkens are square as **** lol didnt like them compared to the continentals.

Currently Im runing continentals extremecontact dw's and they are round, ride smooth and grip hard...
Had a good experience with these tires as well
Old 06-17-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
I really think it comes down to what your expectations are from a set of tires. I only drive my SL in the summer and traction over everything else is what i am interested in. Both tires you list are high performance summer tires designed to stick. They aren't designed to deliver great tread life. I have run Toyos the last few summers and have found them to be very sticky. They wear out fast, but I expect that. This year, I have Nitto Envos. I think they are very similar to the Toyos. They stick well when the pavement is warm. the soft tread lends itself to cupping and other issues. One thing to note, neither tire likes cool weather. They lose grip significantly as the temperature drops. At around 50 F, the tires are slick. Even worse below that. The Envos carry a warning about driving on them in below freezing weather. I doubt you deal with that much in San Fran, but 40s and 50s should be common in the winter.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
I don't ride in an AMG. I'm in an E500. Posted here cuz I know there's traffic. I ran Toyo T1R's prior to the Hankooks, and actually prefer the T1R's to the Hankooks. I can't pinpoint exactly what the difference but I feel a bit more planted in the T1R's. Unfortunately, the T1R's have been discontinued and replaced by T1 Sports, which I've never used.

I run very aggressive offsets, which is why I'm looking for a tire with a rounded sidewall. For example, a 235 Hankook is the same width as a 245 T1R. I used to run PS2's and michelins are quite fat, run wide, and have square sidewalls so they are out of the question.

Keep the opinions coming
Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Originally Posted by ArnettMarier
i had the invo on my car previously and personally did not care for them
What didn't you like about them?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
I've had numerous sets of tires on various car.
Price a side the Ventus V12 have been near the top.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
I've just changed my T1Rs out for T1 Sports... Essentially the same tire... I can't run the car as low (ride height) in the rear with 285 T1 Sport cause the sidewall is a little bit meatier. I pretty much have always run Toyos on all my cars. I like the T1 Sports a lot, they grip up nice.