W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
[/QUOTE]

Awesome trap speed!!! what was your wheel/tire setup? do you know the DA that day?

Last edited by gaspam; 03-15-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
BAM!

I'm far from an expert on drag racing and timeslips, but someone must have a pretty good idea what kind of HP/TQ it takes to lay down numbers like that....

Better than "independent dyno" numbers in my book, the track doesn't lie.

Very nice. Thanks for posting those timeslips.

-G

EDIT: Just checked DragTimes.com out of curiosity, and that 132.92 MPH shown above is the highest number ever reported for an E55. LowPro's record setting run was 132.5MPH. Wow.

Last edited by GregMB; 03-15-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Ummm, E55amgrocket has went 132 and also 135 (with spray) in his E55 with stock supercharger, but that is on Q16 tune with ported heads and cams, etc.

What would be nice is if this was on 93 octane. The weather was incredible with like -700+ DA so that right there is going to help out the trap to start with. On a "normal" 70* day that 132 could easily turn in to a 129, but still if these kind of speed can be ran on 93 octane in normal weather at full weight not missing exhaust parts, etc then that is a kick *** setup.

Last edited by urbamworm; 03-15-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Damn... Congratulations!!! That just lit my fire again!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Ummm, E55amgrocket has went 132 and also 135 (with spray) in his E55 with stock supercharger, but that is on Q16 tune with ported heads and cams, etc.

What would be nice is if this was on 93 octane. The weather was incredible with like -700+ DA so that right there is going to help out the trap to start with. On a "normal" 70* day that 132 could easily turn in to a 129
FYI lowpro's record e55 10.50 @ 132.53mph time was done on a -1246 DA @46f with a 185m pulley, so gadgets 132.92mph in worse DA is no joke.....

not to mention i am sure his weistec s/c can do it more times back to back than a 185-195m pulley'd stock blower which your comparing it to

the key to me is if this weistec sc can run times up there with the highest modded e55's and greater efficiency, then its a no brainer

once some of these few guys running the weistec's get some street pull logs out there then we know the real story of how much more efficient (or not) these units are, and that is the big draw to me in these units.... running similar power to stock sc 195M pulley , but not falling on its face and losing 50hp the next back to back wot blast
Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
The DA was great today but that trap shows the power his car is making. I broughty generator and fans today to cool the car down and after his first hot pass on drg radials we cooled the car for 30 minutes. Next run was 10.75. Cooled it for 15-20 minutes and then a 10.78. The hot pass was slower but I don't know the exact time. If Gadget wanted to we could go back and reset the record easily. His 1/8 trap is a little low so it's making a lot of top end power where the stock blower seems to run out of steam. Hard to hate on weistec running 10's with ease. I remember saying last year the first weistec car that goes to the track will run 10's and people thought I was crazy.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
What's your car weigh Gadget?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

More details would be nice. Was the car at full weight? Was the car running pump or race gas? Was the full exhaust on still? Does he have a trunk tank and did it have ice in it?

Pretty much was this a no nonsense put drag radials on the car and go run those times or were there little "tricks" done to help it out like the stuff I am asking about above. Obviously it is a given that the weather was good with negative DA, but the other details would be nice to know.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by urbamworm
More details would be nice. Was the car at full weight? Was the car running pump or race gas? Was the full exhaust on still? Does he have a trunk tank and did it have ice in it?

Pretty much was this a no nonsense put drag radials on the car and go run those times or were there little "tricks" done to help it out like the stuff I am asking about above. Obviously it is a given that the weather was good with negative DA, but the other details would be nice to know.
There were no tricks. From what i could tell it was full weight, no ice reservoir, full exhaust, just drag radials on heavy wheels. It was impressive! There's alot left in it
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
No tricks that I know of. Heavy wheels with 1 year old drag radials. No ice box,full exhaust, and if he had race gas I couldn't smell it. That car will go way faster. Now I'm gonna have to buy me a weistec
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
When I got to the track I had a 1/4 tank of gas so I got 3 gallons of 103 unleaded to bring the level up.

The car has all its parts bolted on. Still had the spare, air pump and tools in trunk and floor mats in. Nothing was removed.

With the stock tires and a heavy floor jack in the trunk it was running 11.5s on stock tires hot with no cool down.

E55Rocket showed up and loaned me his drag radials on stock wheels. That is when I remembered I had that heavy *** floor jack still in the trunk.

Put the radials on and made another run and did an 11.01. E55Rocket asked me if I wanted to run in the 10s, well sure. He put some fans on the engine and cooled it down and WHAM, 10.75. Then cooled it again, and did another run to back that up.

I did another run without any cool down and it was back up to 11.

The car has MBH headers and mid pipes. The exhaust is stock including the resonator back. Other than the Weistec supercharger upgrade it is all stock including a standard box Weistec tune.

Tricks??? Please tell me some of these tricks so I can beat the 10.5 time....

I really want to thank E55Rocket for his help today!!!

G
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by GregMB
BAM!

I'm far from an expert on drag racing and timeslips, but someone must have a pretty good idea what kind of HP/TQ it takes to lay down numbers like that....

Better than "independent dyno" numbers in my book, the track doesn't lie.

Very nice. Thanks for posting those timeslips.

-G

EDIT: Just checked DragTimes.com out of curiosity, and that 132.92 MPH shown above is the highest number ever reported for an E55. LowPro's record setting run was 132.5MPH. Wow.
I went 10.66@133.75 as for best mph on motor. DA was +1800. For the weistec to run 132.95 on the "low/starting" boost and without a ice tank on pump gas shows you how much potential there is. That blower at 25psi on a built motor with ported heads,cams and race fuel with a 90mm TB is easy 9's.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD
When I got to the track I had a 1/4 tank of gas so I got 3 gallons of 103 unleaded to bring the level up.

The car has all its parts bolted on. Still had the spare, air pump and tools in trunk and floor mats in. Nothing was removed.

With the stock tires and a heavy floor jack in the trunk it was running 11.5s on stock tires hot with no cool down.

E55Rocket showed up and loaned me his drag radials on stock wheels. That is when I remembered I had that heavy *** floor jack still in the trunk.

Put the radials on and made another run and did an 11.01. E55Rocket asked me if I wanted to run in the 10s, well sure. He put some fans on the engine and cooled it down and WHAM, 10.75. Then cooled it again, and did another run to back that up.

The car has MBH headers and mid pipes. The exhaust is stock including the resonator back. Other than the Weistec supercharger upgrade it is all stock including a standard box Weistec tune.

G
Take me up on my offer and it will be done
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM

06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
OK, you have talked me into it.

G
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
That is hella impressive to me. At first when I saw the et and traps I was, MEH. But then I took a closer look at the slip and noticed his 1/8 mile stats. They looked very similar to mine, but on the back half, the 3.0 huffer really started to haul the mail. Picking up almost 32mph on the back half full weight on pump gas with a canned toooon is plain nasty. A custom race tune, weight reduction with cooling mods has low 10s written all over it.

This blower is legit, just love to see some iat data.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This to me is the most awesome part of the story.

I realize that I'm in the minority on this site, but I absolutely LOVE when an E55 can see this kind of improvement in power and speed, while still driving and sounding like a Mercedes....... docile, quiet and comfortable with all of the factory amenities. But when it's time to lay some smack down, the car delivers! No excuses about needing drag slicks, or pulling weight or loading a "race fuel tune"...... At any given moment, it's 100% ready to devour any and all takers.

And at the end of all that, you can still drive into a quiet neighborhood without setting off car alarms or making young children cry.

-G
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 PM

2006 CL600
This to me is the most awesome part of the story.

I realize that I'm in the minority on this site, but I absolutely LOVE when an E55 can see this kind of improvement in power and speed, while still driving and sounding like a Mercedes....... docile, quiet and comfortable with all of the factory amenities. But when it's time to lay some smack down, the car delivers! No excuses about needing drag slicks, or pulling weight or loading a "race fuel tune"...... At any given moment, it's 100% ready to devour any and all takers.

And at the end of all that, you can still drive into a quiet neighborhood without setting off car alarms or making young children cry.

-G
^ This.

I couldn't agree more. I love what some of the guys are doing on here with their cars but I'm kind of in the same boat. At the end of the day I want my Mercedes and all of it's creature comforts without a loud exhaust. This seems like the real deal, but I am going to wait for my warranty to run out and also I want to see more cars like this one before I pull the trigger on one. Great numbers Greg!

Regards
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by gaspam

That car whatever it is. Is hauling the mail after the 1/8 mile!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
Thanks for all the details and being honest about everything. Do you have the stock throttle body since I didn't see you mention that? What kind of traps were you running before swapping tires, removing the jack as well as actually letting the car cool down?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Go to around the 3:30 mark on the video and they have Gadgets run.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=d9WqtTvRP1I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dd9WqtTvRP1I
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
While I applaud every effort on the track, especially those really trying to go FAST, I too am of the minority that likes to run in street trim.

I have very little drag experience (@30 passes), so the first couple times out I was trying it all....weight reduction, messing with suspension height, tire pressure and icing her down.

This time I just decided....don't think, just drive.
I rode her hard the whole way to the track, let her sit for like 3 minutes (hood closed..lol), I made zero changes and drove up and put my best time of the day down.

Slow by the standard for the day....11.82@117, but I cracked off a 1.6 60' on conti DWS all seasons..lol.

Rocket offered to let me use his drag pack, but I knew I would be hooked on the launch and for me I just get a huge thrill from rolling from the gate to the lights and beating a more "dedicated" car in the "fast" lane.

And I have to say I enjoyed lining up against two 9 seconds rides, don't mind losing those races.

Congrats to Gadget, I think that this is proof positive that if you really want to push the envelope, the Wiestec is standard equipment.

Place you order yet Steve

Last edited by Worth the wait; 03-16-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He's indicated earlier that he has an 82mm EC throttlebody on this kit.

Sounds like Weistec even went the extra mile to modify the tune for it. Apparently it had a stumble that their own 82mm throttlebody didn't, so they reworked the ECU and got it sorted out.

Basically, this sounds like a true pump-gas 600RWHP car.....and THAT is impressive.

-G
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
He's indicated earlier that he has an 82mm EC throttlebody on this kit.

Sounds like Weistec even went the extra mile to modify the tune for it. Apparently it had a stumble that their own 82mm throttlebody didn't, so they reworked the ECU and got it sorted out.

Basically, this sounds like a true pump-gas 600RWHP car.....and THAT is impressive.

-G
.......my thoughts exactly. The runs are consistent with what Weistec indicated. ~570ish WHP with larger tb and headers. Impressive.

......one can do the same with bolt on's but perhaps less consistent.

Ted
Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
While I applaud every effort on the track, especially those really trying to go FAST, I too am of the minority that likes to run in street trim.

I have very little drag experience (@30 passes), so the first couple times out I was trying it al....weight reduction, messing with suspension height, tire pressure and icing her down.

This time I just decided....don't think, just drive.
I rode her hard the whole way to the track, let her sit for like 3 minutes (hood closed..lol), I made zero changes and drove up and put my best time of the day down.

Slow by the standard for the day....11.82@117, but I cracked off a 1.6 60' on conti DWS all seasons..lol.

Rocket offered to let me use his drag pack, but I knew I would be hooked on the launch and for me I just get a huge thrill from rolling from the gate to the lights and beating a more "dedicated" car in the "fast" lane.

And I have to say I enjoyed lining up against two 9 seconds rides, don't mind losing those races.

Congrats to Gadget, I think that this is proof positive that if you really want to push the envelope, the Wiestec is standard equipment.

Place you order yet Steve
I feel pretty much the same way as you for the most part these days. I have bought a bag or two of ice and brought it with me to set on the supercharger to see if I could do better but I enjoy more to just drive up and run and don't fool around with all kinds of stuff. What is the car worth daily, not on special occasion.

In the past with other cars I would be taking out the spare tire, taking all the seats out, etc trying everything possible to say I ran XX.X@XXXmph but in all reality that isn't the TRUE performance of the car. These days I want to know what it does 365 days a year, not 3 days a year with the best weather mother nature can provide on the best prepped track available with the car as light as I can get it and the engine and components as cold as possible by doing things to it other than just starting it and driving.

The Weistec runs sound about as close to possible to that with only basic bolt ons (no ported heads or cams) and not even a trunk tank full of ice good for 1 pass. There could be a small help from the few gallons of race gas in the tank, but with it being on a pump tune the there certainly wasn't a large difference especially with the cold weather already helping out.

I can't wait to see the fully built car Eurocharged is building with the Weistec running. Or even others just with built blocks running a little more boost but still on stock heads/cams with just the basic bolt ons (headers, throttle body) while running 93 octane.

Last edited by urbamworm; 03-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.......my thoughts exactly. The runs are consistent with what Weistec indicated. ~570ish WHP with larger tb and headers. Impressive.

......one can do the same with bolt on's but perhaps less consistent.

Ted
It won't have the speed and power the big blower picks up in the back half

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Quick Reply: Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!