W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by ajm55
Ted, I can certainly post details of the power we saw before things went pop. I've set aside time tomorrow to do the performance review thread. It's Saturday night here and my Mrs is gonna be on my case shortly if I don't shut this thing down soon.
....understood. I have no idea what happened to your car. My view is that a manufacturer should not be quick to dismiss a catastrophic result following the introduction of their new product, even if in their view it is not related to any intrinsic defect in the product. We are all humans and had biases, so does the manufacturer

....Inj healthcare you have somewhat independent agencies like FDA to that independtly tests products. Even after that, there is an adverse effect hotline for people to report adverse effects to the FDA even after the FDA clears a product and allows it to go to market. With aftermarket car stuuf, we dont such a body. So even very reputable companies like Weistec should not expect just saying, "take our word for it" is going to be enough.

......so even if your car made 1000whp before engine failure, that unfortunately does not count.

......anyone can break it down to me like I'm stupid, I wont mind. So, I'll ask again: Anyone driving around with a Weistec s/c on an m113k engine, making independently confirmed 574whp that was advertised and has no issues? If so let us know. I am interested in the product, but like I said earler, I have been around the block before and have been burned several times.

Ted
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..... So, I'll ask again: Anyone driving around with a Weistec s/c on an m113k engine, making independently confirmed 574whp that was advertised and has no issues?
you've already asked that question like a hundred times... we get it, you hate mercedes tuners...give the drama a rest

as far as i know only 2-3 people have the kit installed... i am sure once they get it dyno'd they are gonna make a thread.... although then again probably not cuz they know as soon as the do haters are gonna come in their thread and say how the dyno calabration must of been off cuz the hp is to high or the correction factor is BS or the conditions in the dyno didnt mimic real world conditions cuz they were icing the s/c or running ice in a trunk tank that they didnt disclose... etc etc etc

if you are so interested, and cant wait for one of the 2-3 people that have the kit to dyno it, then go buy one slap it on and dyno it.... instead of waiting for someone else to have misfortune so you can say "i told you so... mercedes tuners suck, only UGR knows what they are doing..." blah blah blah

by the way, has anyone gotten their weistec s/c independently dyno? ????

there, i asked again for you

Last edited by gaspam; 02-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
^^ What is ironic is there are several UGR TT Gallardos that have blown up/broke/etc. Hell, our very own Eurocharged Jerry put race gas in one of those UGR cars that blew up later that night I believe during the Texas event. A friend of mine works for a very well known performance shop also that has been at an event where there were multiple UGR Gallardos and said 2 or 3 out of like 5 broke down at the beginning of last year. So it sounds like UGR can't do it right either and charged asinine funds to do it. There will always be problems here or there from any shop/tuner/etc no matter how good they are or people think they are.

Back to the Weistec kits though, what ever happened to to the SL55 in Bahrain with a kit, haven't heard anything talking about the kit from that guy minus a engine start video which was installed a while back, the other guy Gadget in Maryland area who has had one now for what I think has been a month or so also. Are these cars having problems? I think I do remember Gadget (hope I am remembering the name right) having some kind of issue needing to send his ecu back or something then he did like one video showing the traction flashing to 80 and not really accelerating that hard because of it but hell my car would do that with 180 pulley/headers/etc (the basic bolt ons).

Nobody has numbers, track or dyno, nobody has any good acceleration videos or races, or really had come on to talk about anything great in regards to the kit. Kind of weird. It looks super nice, and Weistec showed their personal car dyno but that is it. Other than that, all I have seen is a video of what was said to be a Weistec supercharged E55 which also looked like the black one with E63 front end from Weistec's dyno video losing a race or two.

Last edited by urbamworm; 02-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
^ exactly. If your making more power than the car came with stock your taking a chance. I have no doubt the weistec did and will make the 574hp they claimed. This blower is one of those things that most people can't even use the power it's capable of making. The other problem is the cost an that's what is keeping most people from buying it. How many people would jump all over this kit if it was price at $4900? The $8500+ price tag is the reason your not hearing about a bunch of kits out there. I myself want one so bad but can't bring myself to buy one knowing how much I've put into my build plus the extra money that will still be spent. Ill most likely have the only engine around that's capable of taking everything the weistec and throw at it.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by urbamworm
^^ What is ironic is there are several UGR TT Gallardos that have blown up/broke/etc. Hell, our very own Eurocharged Jerry put race gas in one of those UGR cars that blew up later that night I believe during the Texas event.
$20 says I'll get blamed for those cars blowing up too. ;-)

LOL! All kidding aside though. All 5 cars that used that batch of race gas ended up popping. UGR later figured out that it was a mislabeled / bad batch of VP fuel. VP stepped up and took care of the issue. Ended up being like 100 octane vs. C16.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well yeah, whomever puts the fuel in is at fault, everyone knows that....

And Jesus, VP paid for 5 blown Gallardo engines to be fixed, that must have been expensive!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
$20 says I'll get blamed for those cars blowing up too. ;-)

LOL! All kidding aside though. All 5 cars that used that batch of race gas ended up popping. UGR later figured out that it was a mislabeled / bad batch of VP fuel. VP stepped up and took care of the issue. Ended up being like 100 octane vs. C16.

Wow. That has to be the most expensive "Oops!" in history since the O-rings in the space shuttle.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by gaspam
you've already asked that question like a hundred times... we get it, you hate mercedes tuners...give the drama a rest

as far as i know only 2-3 people have the kit installed... i am sure once they get it dyno'd they are gonna make a thread.... although then again probably not cuz they know as soon as the do haters are gonna come in their thread and say how the dyno calabration must of been off cuz the hp is to high or the correction factor is BS or the conditions in the dyno didnt mimic real world conditions cuz they were icing the s/c or running ice in a trunk tank that they didnt disclose... etc etc etc

if you are so interested, and cant wait for one of the 2-3 people that have the kit to dyno it, then go buy one slap it on and dyno it.... instead of waiting for someone else to have misfortune so you can say "i told you so... mercedes tuners suck, only UGR knows what they are doing..." blah blah blah

by the way, has anyone gotten their weistec s/c independently dyno? ????

there, i asked again for you
..... Actually that's not my point, but thanks. If you don't think hearing from people who have had no issues with the Weistec s/c will help then we differ.

......so far all we've heard are the problems. Finding out from those who have the product installed and worki g as advertised will help. One thing, we can find out what they did or did not do as compared to those who have had problems with product. If all you think of is elementary "hater" vs "lover" bs, then u are missing the entire point, but thanks

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Well yeah, whomever puts the fuel in is at fault, everyone knows that....

And Jesus, VP paid for 5 blown Gallardo engines to be fixed, that must have been expensive!
.......There are lots of ugr tt gallardo's driving around with no issues. So if one has a catastrophic failure, it makes sense to think that there might be do Wthing unique to that particular circumstance. However when u release a new product to the market and very few units have been sold and the first several units sold have problems, it doesn't mean the product is defective or you are evil or did something wrong, but it is an entirely different sort of analysis and way of thinking through the problem.

Ted
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.......There are lots of ugr tt gallardo's driving around with no issues.
haha are you sure you know a lot about ugr ? or are you just watching youtube videos and thinking there where never any problems cuz they go fast on youtube and dont blowup at that moment?

you should go to the viper world and check out how many people they screwed over, before you start talking about how they are so great when you dont know what you are talking about

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...GR-f-d-me-over

maybe before you start telling everyone to go to UGR you should research outside of youtube freeway pulls vids

dont get me wrong, I love the UGR lambos and would like to have one someday, but to pretend that its going to be turnkey with no issues would be silly....

now back to your usual "UGR is the only good tuner and never had any issues, and all MB tuners suck..." post...

btw any independant dyno's yet for the weistec blower on the 3 cars that have them?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
Took another trip out to the Eastern Shore today:

Trip out:

Round trip:

On the way back I think I ran across that very same Porsche that I ran across last time that wanted a rematch. He was dusted once again....

It just keeps getting better and better....

G
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
I've got mine ordered, can't wait to get it on the car! Have you done the math and really got that kind of mileage?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM

06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
I have checked it a couple of times and it is within 1 MPG of actual. Pretty impressive.

G
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
Dang, I thought I was the MPG king. I've got a pic showing over 24mpg with a 74mph average. These things like to breathe.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I had mine saying 29.9mpg with a 66mph avg but found out when I filled up that 29.9mpg was actually about 21.5mpg. I still showed the pic off saying look what this car gets lol.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
Haha, wow.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Ducati S4R & 04 e55
how do you guys get such good mpg?! Mine is bone stock and i think the best i've ever read on the display was 21. (that was done using cruise control)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by dvdt
how do you guys get such good mpg?! Mine is bone stock and i think the best i've ever read on the display was 21. (that was done using cruise control)
That sounds about right. I haven't seen 16 mpg in a long while
Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

With bigger injectors installed those trip computers are never right anymore on any car I have had. Mine will tell me 22mpg and the math will give me 19.5 for example.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
With bigger injectors installed those trip computers are never right anymore on any car I have had. Mine will tell me 22mpg and the math will give me 19.5 for example.
Yup. When you scale for larger injectors the ecu calculation for mpg is also skewed. Mine would say 23mpg but I would rarely do more than 19-20mpg when calculated.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Yup. When you scale for larger injectors the ecu calculation for mpg is also skewed. Mine would say 23mpg but I would rarely do more than 19-20mpg when calculated.
+1
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM

06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
I have checked mine with the Weistec calibration and it is always within 1 MPG of actual. Tends to round up. Say I am 20.2, the display will read 21.

It was way off with the EC calibration.

G
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
Originally Posted by dvdt
Making the car breathe easier has increased my fuel economy. When I got the car, the best I could ever see was about 19.5 mpg. I got the long tube headers installed while still on stock injectors and I got 22.5 mpg on my drive up to LA where I got the fuel rail and larger injectors installed the next day. After that, I could get an indicated 23 mpg hwy if I tried and after I added the ported heads, I got an indicated 24.5 mpg at 74 mph.

With the injectors in the equation, it's hard to determine actual mileage because I keep forgetting to do the math, but adding the headers on stock injectors did show a big increase in economy.

But still, this would be like Prius owners talking about drag racing.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM

06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Gadget, is that you? Very sick, time to raise the boost....lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Quick Reply: Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!