W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Fabtech-Performance high flow Axle back Mufflers W/dyno video & graphs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
I've built 200-300 modified LS engines over the last 13 years and used to teach powertrain for GM and( and Ford for a short time) I'm very aware of their firing order
My point was that The cylinders being labeled differently between manufacturers can be misleading when comparing firing orders.
An LS1thru LS9s firing order is 18726543 and a 5.0,4.6 and cammer 5.0s are 13726548. However GM labels their cylinders starting with DS front 1357 and PS front 2468 while Ford is PS front 1234 and PS front 5678. So if you relabel the cylinders and follow the sequence, youll see that the LS does indeed share firing orders with late model Ford V8s.

I've performed many LS swaps into various non-LS chassis (mostly classics)over the years including three Mustangs. The LS swapped Mustangs sound very similar to a 5.0 Ford powered Mustang when the Ford headers and remainder of the exhaust are used. Louder (more displacement) but very similar.
I know the firing order and the order they number the cylinders. I've had several LSx engines and I'm a die hard Ford guy and worked as a tech for 10 years and a ford Modular motor sounds nothing like a LSx in my opinion. I've had a Terminator cobra and a GTO with a 440 LSx at the same time and they weren't even close in sound.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
So Toadsters car should be making one MELLIIIIOOOONNNNNNN horsepower
and once again, nothing to do with anything... expert.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by emoving
Two things we know are a joke, these HP ratings on this muffler set up and todster!
Haha lets not forget pig boy
Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 e63 AMG, '06 e320 CDI, '07 ML350 4Matic, '18 Gls450, '12 cls550
so......did everyone have a great THANKSGIVING?! lol

not to mention IM DYING TO KNOW WHAT MAGNAFLOWS WOULD SOUND LIKE ON MY CAR...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by tbal
Haha lets not forget pig boy
He had to tuck his curly tail between his legs after I caught him in this thread talking out of both sides of his snout much like he did with those rigged up scoops that looked like they were made by a 3-D printer
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by dannish23

You don't want them. The drone at 2800rpm was unbearable
Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Moose, take it to PMs if you have an issue with me. Its funny to see you keep trying to take stabs at me, and think your actually affecting me. I'm sure you will continue with this behavior as you have nothing better to do.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Moose, take it to PMs if you have an issue with me. Its funny to see you keep trying to take stabs at me, and think your actually affecting me. I'm sure you will continue with this behavior as you have nothing better to do.
No need to pm you dude.
Any PMs from you will be unanswered.You've proven yourself to talk out of both sides of your mouth time and time again.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moosejaw
No need to pm you dude.
Any PMs from you will be unanswered.You've proven yourself to talk out of both sides of your mouth time and time again.
OH ya, that one time I did.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E63s-summer/GLE63s-winter
This thread makes me lol.

For those that don't know me (everyone here)-

I'm a nobody. I have nothing to gain from this. I have no relationship to Fabtech. I own 2 Domino's in upstate NY. I used to be into car shows and autox with my Subaru. I had a 5 page story in Super Street with it. Now I just work my *** off at Domino's and want to open some more locations. I'd like to get in road racing and do more track days. I just wanted a classy powerful car and the E55 seemed to be the right one.

I found Fabtech on here in the vendor section.I had no idea of their history. I called them and inquired about the mufflers. They told me the first set was being tested still. I left my phone #. A week later Steve called me and said he would offer me the original set, that they made the jig from, for a discounted price because it was the 1st set AND in exchange for a write up on one of the forums. He then asked if I had access to a dyno. I had already planned to have them installed at the same shop the dyno is at. So it was great that I could see actual gains and help Steve out as well.

I chose to post the results here because, until now, I liked this forum and thought there were normal people on here unlike the Subaru boards I used to frequent. I see there are a couple people like that.

The car was driven 35 minutes to the dyno shop and we immediately put it on the dyno for the base line. The mufflers were installed the next day. The battery was dead when they went in due to something being left on. Maybe the ECU was reset? That would help the Subaru's sometimes. Between that and a not heat soaked engine it pulled a +40. Nothing is rigged here. The next pull was +25. IDK what to tell you. This shop tunes Hondas that run at the track and afaik they run times consistent with the HP claims.

http://www.synapseturbo.com/

I was waiting for the track times comment- saw that.

I love the comment -prove i bought that with my personal info blocked out. Sure as soon as the bank account statement shows up.

A lot of you guys sound like children with the name calling and claiming this is all a lie. What else was I supposed to do? Same dyno before and after. Maybe next you can accuse Synapse of changing the correction settings on the dyno. LOL.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by byroll01

I'm a nobody. I have nothing to gain from this. I have no relationship to Fabtech. I own 2 Domino's in upstate NY. I used to be into car shows and autox with my Subaru. I had a 5 page story in Super Street with it. Now I just work my *** off at Domino's and want to open some more locations. I'd like to get in road racing and do more track days. I just wanted a classy powerful car and the E55 seemed to be the right one.

I found Fabtech on here in the vendor section.I had no idea of their history. I called them and inquired about the mufflers. They told me the first set was being tested still. I left my phone #. A week later Steve called me and said he would offer me the original set, that they made the jig from, for a discounted price because it was the 1st set AND in exchange for a write up on one of the forums. He then asked if I had access to a dyno. I had already planned to have them installed at the same shop the dyno is at. So it was great that I could see actual gains and help Steve out as well.

I chose to post the results here because, until now, I liked this forum and thought there were normal people on here unlike the Subaru boards I used to frequent. I see there are a couple people like that.

The car was driven 35 minutes to the dyno shop and we immediately put it on the dyno for the base line. The mufflers were installed the next day. The battery was dead when they went in due to something being left on. Maybe the ECU was reset? That would help the Subaru's sometimes. Between that and a not heat soaked engine it pulled a +40. Nothing is rigged here. The next pull was +25. IDK what to tell you. This shop tunes Hondas that run at the track and afaik they run times consistent with the HP claims.

I love the comment -prove i bought that with my personal info blocked out. Sure as soon as the bank account statement shows up.

A lot of you guys sound like children with the name calling and claiming this is all a lie. What else was I supposed to do? Same dyno before and after. Maybe next you can accuse Synapse of changing the correction settings on the dyno. LOL.
.. Thinking of picking up a Subaru myself. They seem like a great DD car.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350

Where is my domino's pizza?!?! lol

I think you should take it to another dyno when you get a chance so people know real numbers. I do think numbers are quite high myself but it could be the dyno
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

It wasnt my intention to name call you and i tried my best to avoid that as it was my hunch that you were not affiliated with FabTech
If you didn't know the FabTech back story then i would have to accept your purchase/story for what it is.

Fabtech is a former vendor that doesn't have a good reputation on this board. Most don't care for his products (like me), but you have a few that still do (which is their choice). That's the honest truth.

However I still doubt the hp claims, and its natural to doubt it bc the phsyics behind dont make sense. It is a axle back muffler after all? What was the dyno shops reaction to the HP reading? You don't have to post your paypal receipt.

When the second customer buys this and posts similar gains, then i will start to believe this.

I'm also happy to see that you had a pleasant transaction with Fabtech. Some in recent times have not.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I am willing to buy the exhaust, as long I get similar gains...

Tips are quite small though
Old 11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Dyno's mean nothing unless that's what your into is dyno number's. I made 565hp on a dynojet and then 619hp a couple weeks later on another dynojet with the only change being made was to take air filters off and Jerry added a like 10% more fuel or something. That 40hp gain or 25hp is from the car being cool. At the rental we got a stock E55 to go from running 12.4-12.5 passes to 12.1-12.2 passes by putting the fans on it to cool it off for an hour.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time

Sorry your thread has blown up in to such a pissing match...Obviously you know it is hard to believe and understand how adding just mufflers on the e55 would net 25+ or 40+ whp....interestingly you have a dyno (which few here bother to do) of a before and after. My only guess is the dyno operator did one run in 3rd gear and one in 4th.

I have access to a dyno and straight pipes out the back did not come close to your results, so I am naturally skeptical on your results. Maybe you had something stuck in your stock muffler ? Regardless, enjoy your ride.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Someone let me know when something like this comes out for our cars.
http://teamspeed.com/forums/maserati...ttroporte.html

Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Send Steve a sasuage pizza for all his good work!!!! He likes sasuage.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by emoving
Send Steve a sasuage pizza for all his good work!!!! He likes sasuage.
LOL at the sausage pizza comment....Cracked me up
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Don't Judge us all based on the actions of a few

byroll - Thanks for posting! I personally do not believe the gains either, however I would never treat you or anyone else on this forum with the disrespect and cowardly rhetoric that some have. My father (who gave me my 06 E55 as a gift for my recent graduation from UNC) told me about an infraction he received because he stood up and said something about the way some of the people on this forum are treated by a select few. I can now see why he did what he did, and said what he said! I guess it's easy to be a tough guy when your weapon is a keyboard? I live in Brentwood, TN outside of Nashville and having played football at UNC I would love to invite any of the tough guys’ to join if you’re ever in the area for a friendly game in the park. Afterwards, you can then impress me with your knowledge and expertise of the AMG's... if you’re still up for it that is?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by DVC
Great point.

Didn't GM use the same firing order on the LS as the 302 Mustang? They sound completely different though. I wish an E55 could sound as good as proper Mustang LOL
4V modular 4.6 is unbeatable brotha
Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
i have a dyno and i always make sure i get close to the same conditions when doing dyno testing on a part or doing a tune on a ford. But i have enough exp to know if something is up and to check it out before i would post a result. Im suprised there is a dyno in that hell hole 518area.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by dannish23

Here are magnaflow mufflers on my car with Kleeman headers, no cats, some resonators added back in after the secondary cat/resonator was removed. It obviously doesn't show exactly how it sounds in a video like in person but you get an idea. I didn't hear it from behind the car for a while until I let a friend drive it and I followed in my other car. I thought it sounded awesome and I have had several people say the same thing when they hear it at the track or going through a parking lot, etc.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by cmccort
byroll - Thanks for posting! I personally do not believe the gains either, however I would never treat you or anyone else on this forum with the disrespect and cowardly rhetoric that some have. My father (who gave me my 06 E55 as a gift for my recent graduation from UNC) told me about an infraction he received because he stood up and said something about the way some of the people on this forum are treated by a select few. I can now see why he did what he did, and said what he said! I guess it's easy to be a tough guy when your weapon is a keyboard? I live in Brentwood, TN outside of Nashville and having played football at UNC I would love to invite any of the tough guys’ to join if you’re ever in the area for a friendly game in the park. Afterwards, you can then impress me with your knowledge and expertise of the AMG's... if you’re still up for it that is?
Wow, impressive! That UNC degree is doing you well!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
As you were slowing down, the trans downshifted producing a bark. Did you manually downshift or is that a TCU tune at work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Installed Fabtech-Performance high flow Axle back Mufflers W/dyno video & graphs