W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Fabtech-Performance high flow Axle back Mufflers W/dyno video & graphs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
manual shift and blipping throttle
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by pearlpower
The set up itself is clean, we have all seen and some have far worse on our cars. The bends are nice from what I can tell. I'm sure the plate is covering up the Maganaflow name or otherwise, but if that is the case all the better as Magnaflow is a decent product, never had an issue with them myself.

The claims though.......... bit of a stretch imo.

Still, I have yet to this day heard an exhaust on this car that got me excited. This is not a Mustang ,etc and I rather it never sound like one.

Would like ours to sound more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2TPKSDgeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeeF9ZtkCA
The shop next door to mine has one of those Q cars in there. The customer was not happy with the exhaust note. I never got a chance to hear it, but did crawl under it when it was on the lift and the exhaust is laid out exactly the same as the E55. They tried on about 10 different muffler combos until they found one they liked. I was promised that the car would not be allowed to leave until I got a chance to hear it. Well, that did not happen. I am going to track down the owner and get a listen to it and maybe try the same combo on the E55.

G
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550
Originally Posted by byroll01
This thread makes me lol.

For those that don't know me (everyone here)-

I'm a nobody. I have nothing to gain from this. I have no relationship to Fabtech. I own 2 Domino's in upstate NY. I used to be into car shows and autox with my Subaru. I had a 5 page story in Super Street with it. Now I just work my *** off at Domino's and want to open some more locations. I'd like to get in road racing and do more track days. I just wanted a classy powerful car and the E55 seemed to be the right one.

I found Fabtech on here in the vendor section.I had no idea of their history. I called them and inquired about the mufflers. They told me the first set was being tested still. I left my phone #. A week later Steve called me and said he would offer me the original set, that they made the jig from, for a discounted price because it was the 1st set AND in exchange for a write up on one of the forums. He then asked if I had access to a dyno. I had already planned to have them installed at the same shop the dyno is at. So it was great that I could see actual gains and help Steve out as well.

I chose to post the results here because, until now, I liked this forum and thought there were normal people on here unlike the Subaru boards I used to frequent. I see there are a couple people like that.

The car was driven 35 minutes to the dyno shop and we immediately put it on the dyno for the base line. The mufflers were installed the next day. The battery was dead when they went in due to something being left on. Maybe the ECU was reset? That would help the Subaru's sometimes. Between that and a not heat soaked engine it pulled a +40. Nothing is rigged here. The next pull was +25. IDK what to tell you. This shop tunes Hondas that run at the track and afaik they run times consistent with the HP claims.

http://www.synapseturbo.com/

I was waiting for the track times comment- saw that.

I love the comment -prove i bought that with my personal info blocked out. Sure as soon as the bank account statement shows up.

A lot of you guys sound like children with the name calling and claiming this is all a lie. What else was I supposed to do? Same dyno before and after. Maybe next you can accuse Synapse of changing the correction settings on the dyno. LOL.

So is there a bad drone or no drone
Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E63s-summer/GLE63s-winter
No notable drone. Took me a couple weeks to get accustomed to the added volume though. Now that it's been on for a while I love it.