Sponsored by:

WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Oh snap Op spill the beans. And tell us if you still have the big blower on it.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
What seems to be the issue with the Weistec? Too large of blower? Bad tune(s)?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MindBend
What seems to be the issue with the Weistec? Too large of blower? Bad tune(s)?
Depends who you ask.....

The OP here will probably tell you it's a garbage product from a lousy vendor. Another MBWorld member (Gadget) installed one at about the same time and his car runs like a fire-breathing monster and has laid down some rediculously high 1/4 trap speeds.

My opinion: if you are going to spend this kind of money on a "mod" you would be well advised to partner with a VERY knowledgeable shop to get it installed and running properly. This kit effectively takes a car (stock) with roughly 390RWHP and puts an extra 200HP to the wheels..... And these E55s aren't exactly "new" anymore, many are pushing 100,000 miles with aging fuel pumps, fuel filters, and perhaps some other more serious wear and tear. If the donor car isn't in perfect condition, adding an extra 200HP is going to reveal those problems in a hurry.

-G
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,071 Likes on 859 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
The OP's car that is getting the Weistec blower is a naturally aspirated M113 CLK. The problem they are having is an issue tuning a MAF based EFI to work with the blower. Not sure why they are having the issues but it seems to be taking forever to get it working properly.

I'd bet he is either trying to give them the benefit of a doubt to get the car tuned properly or is concerned they will abandon his project if he openly rips them on the forum. The last guy that blasted Weistec on the forum seems to have complicated the issue and caused Weistec to push back. Either way, I look forward to the OP's comments and situation update.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
No actually the last guy got helped in the end by Weistec prolly because there was a stink made about it
Weistec is a sponsor here and sells a product with a SERVICE, they just gotta hold up their end of the deal, I'm they we're quick to take his money so he wants what he paid for
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by BlownV8
The OP's car that is getting the Weistec blower is a naturally aspirated M113 CLK. The problem they are having is an issue tuning a MAF based EFI to work with the blower. Not sure why they are having the issues but it seems to be taking forever to get it working properly.

I'd bet he is either trying to give them the benefit of a doubt to get the car tuned properly or is concerned they will abandon his project if he openly rips them on the forum. The last guy that blasted Weistec on the forum seems to have complicated the issue and caused Weistec to push back. Either way, I look forward to the OP's comments and situation update.
I think you are confused. The poster of this thread has an E55 which motor blew up and had problems before hand after installing a Weistec. You are talking about a completely different member Blackbenz who hasn't had his car tuned yet by Weistec.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, you are right. I was talking about Blackbenz's car and not the OP's like I mistakenly said. Both seem to be having issues.

What did ever become of the OP's issue?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Just a side note- blackbenzz (Ahmad) didn't get his untl last month I believe. Gadget, ajm 55 and I got them back in January so while he's been waiting a while for them to figure out his custom tune (as have I) it's not been months and months like what was suggested.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
Just a side note- blackbenzz (Ahmad) didn't get his untl last month I believe. Gadget, ajm 55 and I got them back in January so while he's been waiting a while for them to figure out his custom tune (as have I) it's not been months and months like what was suggested.
Blackbenzz looks to have had the issue for over a month while the OP's issues go back months and months. To me, that timeline is completely unacceptable. I hope they get I the issues resolved soon. I won't buy their E55 kit with this looming. For that kind of money, I expect to be treated like a king and not like a Rodney King.

The results Weistec is producing from the 63 engines is amazing. The 55 owners were hoping for similar results. It is in the best interest for all those wanting to make their cars much faster for Weistec to succeed. I hope they can get these issues sorted asap and openly address the problems. They are selling their wares on this forum so they owe their customers suitable customer service and potential customers explanations.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
I'm amazed to see a company with such a radical mod with few or no test mules or logged miles. Seems like the end users are the test mules. There's also a weistec C63 in the C63 forums with a blown cylinder. It's pay to play for sure.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
So I guess you just assumed that, typed it out and hit the send button without any kind of factual basis?

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
I'm amazed to see a company with such a radical mod with few or no test mules or logged miles. Seems like the end users are the test mules. There's also a weistec C63 in the C63 forums with a blown cylinder. It's pay to play for sure.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
For that kind of money, I expect to be treated like a king and not like a Rodney King.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s

I know of many attempts to supercharge the M113 in the w210's N/A 4.3 &5.5 Kleenman offered a nice package @ $12K and an outfit named HSP had a low boost gen I non cooled kit @ $7K and a Gen II with cooling @ $10K.
With search and a few minutes you can see how these worked.
MAF= MAP no.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I know of many attempts to supercharge the M113 in the w210's N/A 4.3 &5.5 Kleenman offered a nice package @ $12K and an outfit named HSP had a low boost gen I non cooled kit @ $7K and a Gen II with cooling @ $10K.
With search and a few minutes you can see how these worked.
MAF= MAP no.
Yea I Ran The Kleemann Setup For Many Years With Success And Their Customer Service Has Always Been TOp Notch!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Hello guys,

We hope our post can help members understand the situation that has been taken completely out of context. Because there has been multiple posts regarding this particular incident, some members might have missed some of the key components to this project. First let us say we understand customer service and we are committed to satisfying all of our customers. This is part of the culture here at Weistec.

Just like the M156 and M157 platforms we carry the same relentless engineering and testing in our products. We never test on customer cars. Part of the R&D is purchasing vehicles to test on before even thinking about selling a product. The M113K system has been tested on multiple company owned cars for about one year before releasing to public. While testing we always run the vehicle in cold and hot weather, as well as high elevations. We also carry out all CARB approvals which is very scrutinizing and tough to say the least.

Platforms like the M156 and M157 are very basic when it comes to modifications. For example, prior to the products we released on the M156 it was mostly tuning and headers. It was very easy to transition into a supercharger system. The customer informs us of thier modifications and we line up the proper supercharger system for those modifications. Stage 1 is for a stock car (no headers) and Stage 2, 3 is for cars with headers. On the M113K platform, customers run multiple pulley sizes, cams, heads, and other modifications that create a situation that can possibly damage engine internals. These engines are not the strongest and running a large crank pulley as an example will not work with our system. We are trusting that the customer will install the stock crank pulley. It is ultimately up to the customer to do this and we do not have the power to find if they in fact did or not.

Regarding the OP's engine, we found a few issues that could have caused the issue. Again it is hard to say because things can go wrong. One thing was the air leak on the supercharger inlet. This must be installed by the shop or customer. This is a big deal. This would make a car run lean. The other is the fact that the water lines for the intercooler system being routed incorrectly. This again can cause big issues. The big issue for us is the tune being adjusted by the customer or shop. All of these are out of our control.

Customers like Gadget and many others have been very happy with results. No testing here. Just bolt on and run. Out of the box, Gadget has ran close to a world record and the results speak for themselves. It is not our style to compare good and bad, however in light of this thread we think it is needed.

Customers looking to make maximum power with custom cams, E85, built engines, etc. need to understand that these are all things we have not tested. We help as much as possible and we are willing to send multiple tune files, but in the end patience and an understanding that we are behind them is what makes the difference.

We honestly want the best for all of customers and we can't say enough that customer service is what keeps the doors open. We hope this helps. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by Weistec
Hello guys,

We hope our post can help members understand the situation that has been taken completely out of context. Because there has been multiple posts regarding this particular incident, some members might have missed some of the key components to this project. First let us say we understand customer service and we are committed to satisfying all of our customers. This is part of the culture here at Weistec.

Just like the M156 and M157 platforms we carry the same relentless engineering and testing in our products. We never test on customer cars. Part of the R&D is purchasing vehicles to test on before even thinking about selling a product. The M113K system has been tested on multiple company owned cars for about one year before releasing to public. While testing we always run the vehicle in cold and hot weather, as well as high elevations. We also carry out all CARB approvals which is very scrutinizing and tough to say the least.

Platforms like the M156 and M157 are very basic when it comes to modifications. For example, prior to the products we released on the M156 it was mostly tuning and headers. It was very easy to transition into a supercharger system. The customer informs us of thier modifications and we line up the proper supercharger system for those modifications. Stage 1 is for a stock car (no headers) and Stage 2, 3 is for cars with headers. On the M113K platform, customers run multiple pulley sizes, cams, heads, and other modifications that create a situation that can possibly damage engine internals. These engines are not the strongest and running a large crank pulley as an example will not work with our system. We are trusting that the customer will install the stock crank pulley. It is ultimately up to the customer to do this and we do not have the power to find if they in fact did or not.

Regarding the OP's engine, we found a few issues that could have caused the issue. Again it is hard to say because things can go wrong. One thing was the air leak on the supercharger inlet. This must be installed by the shop or customer. This is a big deal. This would make a car run lean. The other is the fact that the water lines for the intercooler system being routed incorrectly. This again can cause big issues. The big issue for us is the tune being adjusted by the customer or shop. All of these are out of our control.

Customers like Gadget and many others have been very happy with results. No testing here. Just bolt on and run. Out of the box, Gadget has ran close to a world record and the results speak for themselves. It is not our style to compare good and bad, however in light of this thread we think it is needed.

Customers looking to make maximum power with custom cams, E85, built engines, etc. need to understand that these are all things we have not tested. We help as much as possible and we are willing to send multiple tune files, but in the end patience and an understanding that we are behind them is what makes the difference.

We honestly want the best for all of customers and we can't say enough that customer service is what keeps the doors open. We hope this helps. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
This is great to hear, I assume with your commitment to your customers you'll be flying out to tune Ahmad's car very soon.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by PACougar
This is great to hear, I assume with your commitment to your customers you'll be flying out to tune Ahmad's car very soon.
Thank you. We have been trying to get out as soon as possible. We have designed and manufactured a few complex parts just for Ahmad such as a bolt in manual bypass valve and we are hoping the time to build this can pay off. Designing and manufacturing these types of parts are not cheap and we have not translated any extra costs to Ahmad. This again is our way of saying yes it can be done and yes we will do it. We never mention these kinds of things but in light of this thread, it's better for members to know.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Thank you. We have been trying to get out as soon as possible. We have designed and manufactured a few complex parts just for Ahmad such as a bolt in manual bypass valve and we are hoping the time to build this can pay off. Designing and manufacturing these types of parts are not cheap and we have not translated any extra costs to Ahmad. This again is our way of saying yes it can be done and yes we will do it. We never mention these kinds of things but in light of this thread, it's better for members to know.
Can't wait to see that beast get into the 9's!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
I am still interested in how op lost the motor, just read the tread from end to end.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 AM

04 E55 AMG
*thread*
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by MAN55LE
I am still interested in how op lost the motor, just read the tread from end to end.
The datalog sent by AJM was proof that something was edited in the tune, intercooler water lines routed incorrectly, large vacuum leak on the supercharger inlet, and possibly other errors were the cause. This is NOT an attempt to blame or bash the OP, just an explanation. Something also could have been wrong with the engine prior to installing our parts. It's hard to tell without a complete engine test. (compression, leak down, etc.)

We are in contact with the OP and we want to make this right. There is and was no need for this whole thread. The truth is that the blame was immediately put on our lap. After multiple email and phone call exchanges nothing Really changed. We were not wrong by saying no it was not our fault. We will make it right once again by making our best professional judgment in supplying parts, inspecting our products, and ultimately getting the customer back on the road.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Yeah, I found out. I'll let the op tell you, if he wants to.

I'll tell you this, Wiestec will never get the Redbulljnky's money.
Redbull we are sorry you feel this way. Our intentions are never bad, actually the opposite. This community is full of great people and all of us at Weistec contribute to this. Hopefully our paths cross one day and your thoughts change.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 AM

2006 C55, 1995 C36
Fantastic to hear, I know other N/A M113 owners like myself have fingers and toes crossed that you can offer something with a higher potential ceiling than the Kleemann option. Ahmad is THE MAN when it comes to N/A M113 performance; take care of him and I'm sure others, both 55K and 55 N/A, will take notice
Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
We will be sure to take care of Ahmad very soon. We are just as excited as he is to run the car with our setup. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
The datalog sent by AJM was proof that something was edited in the tune, intercooler water lines routed incorrectly, large vacuum leak on the supercharger inlet, and possibly other errors were the cause. This is NOT an attempt to blame or bash the OP, just an explanation. Something also could have been wrong with the engine prior to installing our parts. It's hard to tell without a complete engine test. (compression, leak down, etc.)
First... If you have a problem with a vendor/product then try to resolve it between the two parties. Airing a problem in public tends to slow down the resolution.

Second.. Many installers don't start with the basics. Prior to install, not months before, compression, leak down and a most important smoke test should be performed. An erratic vacuum leak can trash a motor under boost by instantly leaning out the AFR. This at least assures that one is not starting performance mods with an existing problem.

Third... Any performance mod stresses stock or upgraded internals. One must assume the risk that the more they push the performance, the more the pin slips out of the grenade.

I'm much older then most on these forums.
Still own a couple thousand HP worth of Mercs.
Cut my teeth in the late sixties on Max performance Dodge wedges and Hemi's. Ran high 10's and high 130 traps at the time in a second tier factory lightweight superstock Dodge. Never lunched a motor, but tore up many an A727.
Stuff happens...even to the premier engine builders...be they drag, Nascar, or even F1. Do you think a Keith Black elephant motor never let go at the tree???

When purchasing any system one must be clear on what warranty the vendor offers and the method to resolve any and all such warranty claims.
Due diligence is imperative on the part of the consumer to vet the vendor.

The last place to air dirty laundry is on the internet and adding comments by uniformed chuckle heads never helps matters just creates diversion and deflection.

Ed A.

Last edited by RBYCC; 05-21-2013 at 06:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight