Sponsored by:

WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
Prada- when did you blow your engine? What exactly "blew"?

I think it's safe to say that the OPs engine didnt fail due to high output. From the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like he's too concerned with assigning blame to someone more than he is in making sure that whatever happened doesn't happen again. I could be wrong though.
I'll post a thread on my build in the following weeks and go through my situation there to keep this one focused on the resolve of his situation. No real need to hear my story anyways because my only concern was just that: "whatever happened doesn't happen again." I don't understand the hostility towards tuners by some forum members on all sides I suppose. But I'm the kinda guy who likes em all. RennTech to Brabus to OE to EC... Hell I even like FTP and those cf air scoops.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Prada , we're you logging? Do you have afr and boost gauges, failsafes, etc?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Audi A4
I will be. But did not then. Am I to blame my tuner because they didn't warn me? Or recommend I do this or that?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Logging and failsafes are important when you get to certain levels of mods
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTs
i really wanted the weistec blower prior to this...

guess i'm going to just do the i/h/e with tune.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Prada
Actually, the OP and I have something in common: blown motor after recent mods. My next bill surely will match whatever the OPs bill is. The difference? I didn't put my tuner on blast. I just said, ok whats it take to fix? Pointing fingers seldom helps a situation. I knew the risk when I took it.

So yeah, being in a shockingly similar situation I feel like pay to play.
In this case you should let people know what mod you had and what happened. I don't have a AFR gauge so I only do very little mods. Letting other members know can help to prevent other engine incident and not saying to pointing finger to anybody.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
In this case you should let people know what mod you had and what happened. I don't have a AFR gauge so I only do very little mods. Letting other members know can help to prevent other engine incident and not saying to pointing finger to anybody.
All I will say now is upgrade your fuel injectors if your planning on adding serious mods.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Blackbenz,
"Seems like you two were on the right track before hulk jumped in and ruined everything with his baseless accusations."

Let me see if I get this straight. Weistec walked away from amj55 and what probably amounts to a 5 to 6 thousand dollar repair bill because Hulk said there was a problem with a Weistec customer. Hulk, a poster on the internet, on a forum that caters to car enthusiast, had factual information he decided to share with those like minded, affected the decision of a company like Weistec?

I hope that isn't the case.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I will be. But did not then. Am I to blame my tuner because they didn't warn me? Or recommend I do this or that?
To each his own as they say. A few comments though. You will not find one shred of evidence of me "blaming" Weistec for this catastrophe. I did, however, say that if, when installing their blower, upgrading the bottom end is deemed a necessary concomitant, then they should advertise this as a recommendation. Secondly, it seems you know the cause of your failure and presumably know therefore that it had nothing to do with your tuner/supplier of components. I don't and it would be wonderful if Weistec would assist in getting to the bottom of this rather than opt out on the basis the fallacious notion that behind my back my tuner was experimenting at my risk.

Originally Posted by kustom2k1
Blackbenz,
"Seems like you two were on the right track before hulk jumped in and ruined everything with his baseless accusations."

Let me see if I get this straight. Weistec walked away from amj55 and what probably amounts to a 5 to 6 thousand dollar repair bill because Hulk said there was a problem with a Weistec customer. Hulk, a poster on the internet, on a forum that caters to car enthusiast, had factual information he decided to share with those like minded, affected the decision of a company like Weistec?

I hope that isn't the case.

Something like that
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
looks like in the meantime weistec just set a new record for the m156 at 10.01 and 139mph

Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gaspam
looks like in the meantime weistec just set a new record for the m156 at 10.01 and 139mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbqTCxkyDY
Mighty impressive indeed!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Wow. All I can say, I would hate to be in the situation you are in Ajm, and I am not referring to anything Weistec or tuner related, just blown engine. After staying up until 2 AM to read this thread cover to cover, all I really learned is it takes little to nothing to start a war on tuners. Honestly, If I were to put in my .02, I would ONLY be looking into WHAT caused this, not WHO, until the final known cause of failure, was indeed, determined to be a WHO not a WHAT. Which is not the case here(yet. Only time will tell). Hope you get this sorted out swiftly and easily Ajm!

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 02-11-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:38 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Wow. All I can say, I would hate to be in the situation you are in Ajm, and I am not referring to anything Weistec or tuner related, just blown engine. After staying up until 2 AM to read this thread cover to cover, all I really learned is it takes little to nothing to start a war on tuners. Honestly, If I were to put in my .02, I would ONLY be looking into WHAT caused this, not WHO, until the final known cause of failure, was indeed, determined to be a WHO not a WHAT. Which is not the case here(yet. Only time will tell). Hope you get this sorted out swiftly and easily Ajm!
Thanks brotha. As it happens, I share your sentiments. My primary concern revolves around the underlying cause of this failure. Without identifying that, I'm not going to have much peace of mind once I'm up and running again. Until the incident referred to in the OP, Weistec were cooperating in a bid to get to the bottom of this. That is no longer the case. They withdrew their cooperation on the pretext of their ill-conceived notion that I had in some way slandered them -- which, as is plain to see, was not the case -- and I am now left to try and establish without their assistance what the cause was and whether or not their product was in some way a contributing factor.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by ajm55
Thanks brotha. As it happens, I share your sentiments. My primary concern revolves around the underlying cause of this failure. Without identifying that, I'm not going to have much peace of mind once I'm up and running again. Until the incident referred to in the OP, Weistec were cooperating in a bid to get to the bottom of this. That is no longer the case. They withdrew their cooperation on the pretext of their ill-conceived notion that I had in some way slandered them -- which, as is plain to see, was not the case -- and I am now left to try and establish without their assistance what the cause was and whether or not their product was in some way a contributing factor.
I agree with you 100%, you have said NOTHING negative, slanderous, or even rude, regarding their product. All I saw that could be wrongly construed as negative, is where you showed you had less then what Weistec promised you. I wouldn't even see this as anything other than informative, not slanderous information. But, anything to get the blame onto to something/someone else as to save reputation and money.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 AM

'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Originally Posted by Denroll
Oops, totally missed this post. Yep, you're wrong
That's my bad man. Clearly my detective skills are suspect as best. Not sure who Hulks "connection" is and he clearly wont give them up. Just given his past with a few of the other members I thought I could narrow it down. Don't mean to call you out.
Hulk simply sees no wrong in the company that tunes his car but is quick to pull the trigger in making accusations against other companies and I was simply stating that if he would have kept his mouth shut in the first place a lot of this would have never happened. Whether Weistec was going to help in the end or not is a whole different story.

To the OP I'm sorry about your current issues and any problems I started in this thread I'm just blown away by Hulk and how he holds himself.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Leaving Weistec out of the picture for a moment and reading through this thread with so many unknowns I think it is wise for guys that have been running cars with various tunes or even stock to do compression tests on their motor prior to doing big mods. A boroscope look down the head to check the piston condition is also advisable. For all you know the mod you going to do is the straw that breaks the camels back.
Testing the fueling system might also be advisable as it may be adequate for the 400whp you are making with weak pumps but not enough for the 500whp after the mods.
This is non related to AJM's but precautions people should take and since everyones concentration is on this thread I thought I would voice my opinion on how these mods should be handles.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
Leaving Weistec out of the picture for a moment and reading through this thread with so many unknowns I think it is wise for guys that have been running cars with various tunes or even stock to do compression tests on their motor prior to doing big mods. A boroscope look down the head to check the piston condition is also advisable. For all you know the mod you going to do is the straw that breaks the camels back.
Testing the fueling system might also be advisable as it may be adequate for the 400whp you are making with weak pumps but not enough for the 500whp after the mods.
This is non related to AJM's but precautions people should take and since everyones concentration is on this thread I thought I would voice my opinion on how these mods should be handles.
Very wise remark about the fuel system.

I once lost a head gasket on my 91 stang do to a weaking fuel pump. It was good enough for 386RWHP, but when I jumped up to 496RWHP, kaboom.

Note, the pump was only 2 years old, and on paper it was good enough for 600. One very wise tuner told me to go to 2 pumps ,which I did, of course after the kaboom.

Best luck to the OP, get her back on the raod doing burnouts and try to forget the past.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Jimshorts
and I was simply stating that if he (Hulk) would have kept his mouth shut in the first place a lot of this would have never happened. Whether Weistec was going to help in the end or not is a whole different story.

I'm just blown away by Hulk and how he holds himself.
This right here, literally says it all.
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Very wise remark about the fuel system.

I once lost a head gasket on my 91 stang do to a weaking fuel pump. It was good enough for 386RWHP, but when I jumped up to 496RWHP, kaboom.

Note, the pump was only 2 years old, and on paper it was good enough for 600. One very wise tuner told me to go to 2 pumps ,which I did, of course after the kaboom.

Best luck to the OP, get her back on the raod doing burnouts and try to forget the past.
+1, just need to make sure the car can handle it. I am even logging my car just to see if a tune is a good idea right now. Just have to be careful
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by ajm55
To each his own as they say. A few comments though. You will not find one shred of evidence of me "blaming" Weistec for this catastrophe. I did, however, say that if, when installing their blower, upgrading the bottom end is deemed a necessary concomitant, then they should advertise this as a recommendation. Secondly, it seems you know the cause of your failure and presumably know therefore that it had nothing to do with your tuner/supplier of components. I don't and it would be wonderful if Weistec would assist in getting to the bottom of this rather than opt out on the basis the fallacious notion that behind my back my tuner was experimenting at my risk.

Something like that
I know the cause, but I'm pretty sure if I was an a-hole I could just kick and scream to my tuner and blame them and make a huge deal out of it. But all this fighting amongst our tuners and even members is just down right stupid. I'd rather sign online for a group buy for the Weistec. Instead we're left to sort out this UNRESOLVED situation all the while dragging other tuner names through the mud. So when all the tuners get tired of this crap and leave to other platforms, we'll at least know why.

Ajm55, my posts truly arent really directed you at times. Mainly to Hulk and his wild imagination. I realize you personally havent put Weistec on blast and are simply trying to get to the bottom of this situation. I admire your patience in dealing with this. Going through it myself coming up on the end of month 2, I can relate on how difficult it is and how much I wish I would have upgraded some internals and this and that but we started modding our cars. No one held a gun to my head. So now I deal with it. .
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Ajm55, my posts truly arent really directed you at times. Mainly to Hulk and his wild imagination. I realize you personally havent put Weistec on blast and are simply trying to get to the bottom of this situation. I admire your patience in dealing with this. .
. Good luck with your situation.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
Clearly some believe we ALL live in a vacuum. Member ajm55, from what I gathered reading his posts, shares his dilemma with 5 people connected to this site, details proceed to flow through the grapevine. Hulk hears about it, mentions someone in South Africa has an issue.

This peaks the interest of none other than AKnight (exactly when the thread goes to hell). Nothing is revealed by Hulk, ajm55 then posts that he is the mystery man and working on the issue with Weistec.

Weistec then proceeds to have an exchange of words with Hulk. There is no denying that the fact of the matter is, a member purchased a product, installs said product on his engine, engine blows up for some UNKNOWN reason. People start asking questions (considered slanderous accusations by some and coming from all sides), gathered from what I've read, in the end lead to amj55 being left on his on own to sort out the problem.

Is Weistec correct in accusing amj55 and someone involved with the project for changing the tune? Is there an issue with the product that may have been overlooked by the vendor. These are questions we should be asking here on the M113 platform.

Instead of showing solidarity with a fellow member and asking the important questions, we end up with a witch hunt of another fellow member on the basis of which tuner he uses. Bravo MBworld.

I would like to know how the vendor in question and a fellow member are going to reach a resolution to this problem if I were a prospective buyer.

Amj55, you've articulated your case well and the vendor in question should be thankful for the way you've carried yourself thus far. I hope you can reopen the line of communication with Weistec, figure out what went wrong and share your findings with the rest of the community.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Bro, it's not worth it because they need someone like me to point their fingers at (not u ajm)

More than a few people began to bring up other tuners when I repeatedly said that no one except Weistec is the issue but again, this is the result, as far as me saying who my source is, I will never say who told me
Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Kustom coming to hulks rescue yet again.

Your trying to pin this on me, becuse I asked someone to elaborate? The fact of the matter is the OP asked every to not speculate on what went wrong, until he had substantial evidence as to what went wrong. And what did you buddy do, SPECULATE!

Answer me this. How could someone know what went wrong with the car, if the owner of the car was still working on figuring out what went wrong with it.

It's fine if someone wants to give their input or opinion, but when they state their opinion as fact they look like a moron.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
^^^^ lmao
Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
I'm not coming to Hulks rescue, he can take care of himself. I clearly see and point out where the thread took a detour and headed right off a cliff. You and Hulk have personal issues, I made a conscious decision long ago not to acknowledge your posts. You bring up OEtuning and attempt to portray them in a bad light whenever you get the chance.

You saw an opening AKnight and you took it.

"Your trying to pin this on me, becuse I asked someone to elaborate?"

Dont try and deflect this and turn yourself into the victim, here is exactly what you posted...

Originally Posted by AKnight55
Care to elaborate? And who cares, it takes time to work out the bugs on new products.
Hulk says in post #615
The owner of the car will come post about it, and it's NOT bug

I copied and pasted your post here word for word, #637
"Why arent you warning people that OE Tuning has blown up a motor? As a man you should probably start warning people then"

We have 22 posts by other members including Hulk and no issues what so ever, its the above post that you made where it all goes down hill. You create attacks, stir the schit as some would say, then act innocent of acting like an ***.

What your saying is any Weistec customer that has an issue needs to stay silent and set up a command and control center to stop people from speculating as to why something happened. Is that what your saying? Its not a crime to speculate and you cant stop people from speculating, unless of course your some kind of fascist.

If attacking OEtuning is the best you can do when you do not agree with Hulks views, your better off just keeping your mouth shut, instead you just expose who you really are. You just say things for the sake of being involved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight