Sponsored by:

05 E55 S/C Pulley and Tune Eurocharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
05 E55 S/C Pulley and Tune Eurocharged

All I can saw is WoW! I have had my 05 E55 for about 5 years now and have enjoyed it bone stock for all those years! I am not new to modifying cars as I have a fully worked and restored 1990 5.0 convertible. Never wanted to touch the Benz because modifying cars leads to problems and we all know once you start you cant stop and something always breaks! Well what broke on the Benz was the infamous Nachi Supercharger bearing. The Stealership wanted almost almost $3000 to fix it! The bearing is $60 bucks and takes about 45 mins to change! I changed the bearing myself it worked just fine......still wanted the the smaller pulley and tune though. MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED THE INFO.....IM IN NJ......So I looked at Eurocharge and they had a new pulley and a tune for around $900......I said what the hell......John at Broadway in Passaic did the work for $150.....so all said and done $1100.....Lets just say I felt like I did did when I first got the car and didnt want to stop driving it!! It was a beast before but now it breathes some fire!! I had my brother come with me to pick it up and the ride home was a blast! I also have an '11 Jaguar XKR Corvertible.....the 2 cars before were exactly the same speed!! The XKR is 510 HP but the Benz and it ran neck and neck; neither car pulled the other......THAT IS NO LONGER THE CASE!!!......I was in the Benz and my brother was in the Jag (yes he can drive, he has an 03 stang that puts down 630 RWHP) Last night after a couple of pulls from 50mph the Benz walked all over the Jag.....wasnt even a contest!!....I am loving my Benz all over agian!! What a car before and WOW what a car with just a pulley and tune!! It stayed reliable and was so easy to do! The car doesnt have to get pulled apart and stays very drivable. I would recommended this mod for sure!! Happy Driving!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool.

I had a similar experience recently. Bought the ECU/TCU combo from them for $600 around Christmas time.

Maybe a month ago I finally got around to asking Jerry to send me the tune, and loaded that on the car. Even without a smaller pulley or any other mods the car got a lot more drivable around town... Less of the bucking and surging that I'd always hated at low speeds. The shifting seemed to be a little "smarter" too... It didn't upshift early the way it used to, it seemed to hold the gear just a bit longer (and more appropriately) for the conditions.

Then yesterday, I got the TCU "loaner" from Jerry and plugged that in around lunchtime and went for a drive..... WOW! What a fun difference! The car has so much more "usable" power now. I'm guessing this has to do with removing the "torque management" limits in the transmission? In around-town driving in 2nd gear when I roll into the throttle, the rear tires just start hazing and I can watch the car drawing stripes on the road in the rear view mirror! FUN! The stock TCU would always limit power to the rear tires, so even though the power was available, I could never access it and put it to the tires. This makes the car a lot more fun to drive for sure.

Its a pretty inexpensive mod also, so in terms of bang-for-the-buck it's a winner.

-G
Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 AM

2005 E55 AMG
That sounds awesome!! I was hesitant to go with the TCU tune......Just didnt want to screw anything up.....It took me almost 5 years to do anything. Sounds really good though from what you are saying.....Plus they have been messing with these cars for about 10 years now already.....you would think they have figured it out by now.....lol
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
The sc pulley was my last mod and damn after the install and retune, car keeps on pulling.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Cool story. Reading this is a mirror image of what I said. I had the car 5 years before I bought the eurocharged tune. I'm always afraid of things breaking down so never wanted to add any extra power since stock it was fast enough. You guys make me want to go out and add more mods lol
Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
about to pull the trigger on the same set up,

Novae500...who did your install? I'm tempted to give it a try myself.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
It was incredibly easy on my car. It took about 30 minutes to install the supercharger pulley. You need to have an impact gun though, air or battery powered. Mine is a Craftsman 200ft/lb battery powered.

Unbolt the cross brace above fan/radiator (less than 5 minutes), shake the fan around a little working it up a few inches. Slide a socket and extension through the hole of the fan shroud (keep extension as short as possible to retain the most torque to remove the bolt since long extensions will want to twist and not have as much power). Grab the black metal part that spins behind the supercharger pulley (the magnet part) and then hit the bolt with your impact. I hit mine in reverse for a few seconds, switched to foward for a few seconds then reverse again and about 3 or 4 seconds later the bolt came right out.

Oh and you put a 17mm 12pt wrench on the tensioner pulley assembly to lossen tension to slide the supercharger belt off first.

Once you have the pulley off then slide the new one on and tighten it back up. My car had no shims at all behind the stock pulley. I tried the supercharger pulley like this and used a feeler gauge and it seemed tight so I put in one shim and it is doing a chirp so I need to try and put a shim or two more in maybe and try again. But the install is very easy unless you are one of the unlucky ones that has a seized in bolt in which you will need to heat it up and/or use a big time air impact to get it out.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:36 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
It was incredibly easy on my car. It took about 30 minutes to install the supercharger pulley. You need to have an impact gun though, air or battery powered. Mine is a Craftsman 200ft/lb battery powered.

Unbolt the cross brace above fan/radiator (less than 5 minutes), shake the fan around a little working it up a few inches. Slide a socket and extension through the hole of the fan shroud (keep extension as short as possible to retain the most torque to remove the bolt since long extensions will want to twist and not have as much power). Grab the black metal part that spins behind the supercharger pulley (the magnet part) and then hit the bolt with your impact. I hit mine in reverse for a few seconds, switched to foward for a few seconds then reverse again and about 3 or 4 seconds later the bolt came right out.

Oh and you put a 17mm 12pt wrench on the tensioner pulley assembly to lossen tension to slide the supercharger belt off first.

Once you have the pulley off then slide the new one on and tighten it back up. My car had no shims at all behind the stock pulley. I tried the supercharger pulley like this and used a feeler gauge and it seemed tight so I put in one shim and it is doing a chirp so I need to try and put a shim or two more in maybe and try again. But the install is very easy unless you are one of the unlucky ones that has a seized in bolt in which you will need to heat it up and/or use a big time air impact to get it out.
Thanks, i dont have the impact wrench, guess i'll go shopping.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Awesome to hear!!!

I love reading about people who gain a new love for the car after mods!!!

If there is anything else we can do for you let us know!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Did you notice any improvement in off-idle, part-throttle, torque with the smaller blower pulley?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2EASy
I just happen to see mine on sale for like $100 one day while roaming through Sears. I have a Snap-On that is old and the battery is shot. A new battery is like $55 and the thing is all beat up so I was like I think I will just buy a new one for a little over the cost of a new battery for my old wore out one. Worked like a charm and was definitely a good deal.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
+1. I also love my Eurocharged S/C pulley and tune. Car is a beast and I crush everything I run into on the street. I also installed Shardul's belt-wrap kit last night and that made a very noticeable difference! Headers, 82mm throttle body and injectors are going on next. Oh yeah, motor mounts and tranny mount are shot at 73K miles, going to replace those when I install the headers.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Explain how the belt wrap made a very noticable difference? I could see if you had a way to big of belt (improper size) on the car and it was slipping like crazy losing say 2psi of boost, but I can not see any noticable difference with a properly sized belt already in place.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
what size and brand belt are people using?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM

2005 E55 AMG
If you buy a strap wrench for $9 bucks from lowes and use an opened end 17mm (I think) you can avoid having to use an impact gun....this also avoids the need of taking the shroud apart......its much quicker.....the only problem is you need 2 people.....I held the strap wrench and my brother was the muscle to loosen the pulley bolt......you can try heating the bolt up too to try and melt some of the loctite but not sure how effecive that actually is.....also when putting it back on you only need 40lbs of torque......its not alot at all but make sure you use loctite when reinstalling it......good luck.....any questions let me know.....
The following users liked this post:
SugarManJames (04-12-2020)
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
what size and brand belt are people using?
I'm still using the stock belt with my S/C pulley and have very light dusting (seems to be normal wear) - may go with a slightly smaller size next time I swap it out.

if you get the belt wrap kit, Shardul provides the right size belt with it

Last edited by Toadster; 02-23-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

K080505HD Gates belt is what I have.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Use the the stock size belt.....its fine with the new pulley
Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM

2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Explain how the belt wrap made a very noticable difference? I could see if you had a way to big of belt (improper size) on the car and it was slipping like crazy losing say 2psi of boost, but I can not see any noticable difference with a properly sized belt already in place.
The explanation is I had belt slippage before installing this. I didn't expect anything except maybe a little less slip at high RPMs, but I took it out last night and flogged it hard and the improvement was very noticeable. I drive my car hard and know it well and it pulls stronger at all RPMs. I had the tail wagging left and right (fishtailing) in 2nd when I jumped onto the expressway and it never does that. I drove around doing launches and pulls and this belt wrap kit is well worth the $. The make it sweeter, I ran into a new Audi S5 that wanted to play and I clobbered him about 5 times before he gave up. The actual reason I got this kit was to fix an annoying belt squeal issue I had since installing the EC S/C pulley and with this kit and 2 new belts, that problem is also solved :-)
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM

I'm using Gates K080530 (Green Stripe) and it's working flawlessly.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by mrweelr
I had the tail wagging left and right (fishtailing) in 2nd when I jumped onto the expressway and it never does that.
I just got the E55 2004 (posted a new thread an hour ago) and it did that yesterday...supposedly stock with good tires, not new but good! It has had 4 owners so who knows if some work was done already!? How can I check to see if anything had been done previously?

Prolly a lil warmer in Cali though so spinning was happen as easily!

Last edited by 60nomad; 02-23-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Doubt it has the smaller supercharger pulley since they are fairly new, but it might have a different crank pulley and tune already, or maybe just tune who knows. The supercharger belt and accessory belt surface will be the same size in diameter on the crank pulley if stock or the very front ring that supercharger belt rides on will be larger than the back belt ring if it has an aftermarket pulley.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Doubt it has the smaller supercharger pulley since they are fairly new, but it might have a different crank pulley and tune already, or maybe just tune who knows. The supercharger belt and accessory belt surface will be the same size in diameter on the crank pulley if stock or the very front ring that supercharger belt rides on will be larger than the back belt ring if it has an aftermarket pulley.
I wish this made sense to me! LOL I just had my mechanic buddy on the phone and read this to him exactly and he can't understand it either.

The diameter of the belts surface? Do you mean width? Front ring and back belt ring? Can you please explain this a little more in detail worm. We just don't understand it. Thanks as always
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess I should have worded it differently. See how this pulley has both "rings" the same size. There are two belt surfaces there, the outter "ring" which is part touching center console (would be closer to front of car when installed) and inner ring (closer to engine or back of pulley).

The diameter of that front one is the same diameter as the rear one. This is stock.

05 E55 S/C Pulley and Tune Eurocharged-temporary-75.jpg

On a bigger pulley (aftermarket aka more boost) the front ring is larger in diameter than the rear one. The supercharger belt rides on that front one that is now larger. Here is a pic of a bigger pulley, you can see how the one piece is bigger than the other where the accessory belt rides. Then obviously depending on what size pulley you get (168, 172, 178/180, 185, 190, etc) will determine the diameter of that front ring.

05 E55 S/C Pulley and Tune Eurocharged-dsc01798.jpg
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Sounds to me like he's saying the big double pulley that rides on the crank should both be about the same size around if its stock. Supercharger belt rides the front pulley on the crank, and the accessories are driven off the rear pulley. They sit right next to each other when looking down into the engine bay from the top. If someone added a larger crank pulley for the supercharger, the front pulley will have a larger outside diameter then the one that drives the accessories (alternator, water pump etc). Not the width, but the diameter will be bigger. Think a 18" pizza vs 16".

EDIT: Or yeah, what he just posted. Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 E55 S/C Pulley and Tune Eurocharged