E55... 1st post, 1st 1/4 mile pass...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 87 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Yes comfort leaves in 2nd when you have the transmission in comfort.( The botton that lets you switch from S, M, and C.
What I'm talking about is the button that changes from Sport1, Sport2, and Comfort. This does not change any gears.
After you do your burnout, you should hit the raise button(let the car fully raise). This helps with wieght transfer. In Sport2 the car is lower and and all the tq from the launch is on the inner tire. You'll spin.

You should have looked up my thread on launching. But if you've seen any of my pics with other members, then you can see that i always go against the grain. Or you can look up how many AMGs have launch a 1.4x 60ft. I know I'm on that very short list, anong with Blackbenz.

And believe me, I know those quotes. I did the same thing when I first got my 55. I asked everything. Got alot of help to. But in the end, every car and driver is different. Its all in what ever works for you.

BTW amgrocket's 1.6 is at MIR. Or MIRacle track.

Said thread ? Still a 1.6 on street tires is pretty amazing. Even a 1.7-1.8 is fantastic for street tires IMO. Hell I couldnt do better than 1.95 with DRs when I took mine out Spinning all over the place. All I know is brake TQ at all resulted in lots of wheel spin. I dont think I tried going off idle though to compare. My main prob was getting my car to do a good burn out and get the tires sticky. Well if others are getting such good 60s on street tires I guess it wasnt my main prob then, just one of them I would love to see how she does with good traction.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 87 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
OP, I just got a new Meziere pump. I just put my new Bosch pump in a month ago and will probably sell it if interested. It is the newer model one.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
What a great thread! A lot of info. in here. I think I learned as much as the OP Der. The only thing I can say, being a rookie e55 owner, is that when I nail my car from 50mph there is no way in hell that the M3, in that particular run, is going to pass me! Moral of the story, there is obviously something wrong. I can't wait to hear your times after the repairs...even in FLA. They will be much better. Good luck with the upgrades and keep us posted.

If any Long Island guys are on here, I would love to play with someone who has run at the track before as I do not think that I will ever make it to a track. I know that playing on the street is not recommended but I know a few spots that are very safe. Just a thought.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by dllhg
Said thread ? Still a 1.6 on street tires is pretty amazing. Even a 1.7-1.8 is fantastic for street tires IMO. Hell I couldnt do better than 1.95 with DRs when I took mine out Spinning all over the place. All I know is brake TQ at all resulted in lots of wheel spin. I dont think I tried going off idle though to compare. My main prob was getting my car to do a good burn out and get the tires sticky. Well if others are getting such good 60s on street tires I guess it wasnt my main prob then, just one of them I would love to see how she does with good traction.
I ran 11.5 full weight, on streets and pulled a 1.71 60ft. It's all in how you launch the car. You have to find what works for you and you car, with whatever mods you have.
I have 200+ 1/4 mile passes. 50+ 1/8 mile passes. 150+dyno pulls and an unknown number of Mexico runs. Bottom line is you need plenty of seat time to figure out what works best for you.

Here's my thread.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-your-car.html
Old 04-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, G55, 1987 Kasten Wagen (2 door LWB G WAGON) 1991 e30 vert with euro M3 motor
Originally Posted by 60nomad

If any Long Island guys are on here, I would love to play with someone who has run at the track before as I do not think that I will ever make it to a track. I know that playing on the street is not recommended but I know a few spots that are very safe. Just a thought.

im in Southampton but have yet to hit the track...