W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAS6201 E55 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
That does sound good . I agree 100% with you and believe it cost more than quoted. I've really wanted to slap a stock blower back on and see if I can pull some weight out and run 9's. Then I guess I'll be going the Weistec/whipple route. I have a 4.0L blower but the price for them to make the stuff to use that blower is more than the 2.9l kit. Guess I'll have to throw a decent size shot on it and see what it will do. Everything was done specifically with nitrous in mind so that's what I'll do.

If you are talking about my quote being more you are absolutely correct. But the "more" part came from wheels, tires, powdercoating, suspension that was purchased and returned, transmission overhaul, stall converter, LSD, new steering wheel, tint, tinted tails, tinted headlights,and all the other add on's that were done that were not part of a simple twin add on. You all can go to the beginning of the thread and read the spending spree and everything not related to the build. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. This was a simple kit that was designed to be bolted on to a stock 55 with no other mods! Oh and by the way, once a new car is found it will be strapped on and the tuning will commence. Last I saw it was on the dyno running but it was blowing out spark. The car was complete for the most part.

Last edited by emoving; 01-17-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
08 Vito, 10 SL63, 15 SL400, 17 SL450
the cost for the kit turned out to be a little over 9k. the rest of the stuff done to the car is not kit related. the kit itself is done. it's pretty much proven that it is a 700 rwhp and 750 rwtq kit. as far as spark blow out, we think it's a coil. we replaced plugs per Jerry's specs and still doing it. this particular car was on fire at some point of it's life so who knows what may be causing it. we think it's the coil, but can't be certain without further investigation.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
All I can say to this is, it should have been expected that custom builds cost $$$ unless you know the shop really well. I have done 3 custom builds, 2 of which were very expensive. By the 3rd I had learnt my lesson.

The down time of the car in addition to the cost is what prevents me from doing any more custom builds. The down time of my M3 is what pushed me to buy my E55 .. so it's not all bad .. Whatever you think it's gonna cost, budget double the cost and quadruple the time.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by turbo97se
Whatever you think it's gonna cost, budget double the cost and quadruple the time.
Excellent advise^
Old 01-17-2014, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Who?
The guy posted a very detailed thread on here...it was not the CLS55 already listed, but rather an e55....he left the supercharger intact and just ran a twin charger setup ...the dyno results looked great and I believe he posted track results to confirm...it was legit
Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by emoving
If you are talking about my quote being more you are absolutely correct. But the "more" part came from wheels, tires, powdercoating, suspension that was purchased and returned, transmission overhaul, stall converter, LSD, new steering wheel, tint, tinted tails, tinted headlights,and all the other add on's that were done that were not part of a simple twin add on. You all can go to the beginning of the thread and read the spending spree and everything not related to the build. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. This was a simple kit that was designed to be bolted on to a stock 55 with no other mods! Oh and by the way, once a new car is found it will be strapped on and the tuning will commence. Last I saw it was on the dyno running but it was blowing out spark. The car was complete for the most part.
I would LOVE to get the kit, but really feels there is more to spend on just the kit. Whoever goes this route also needs to build their engine ($6k+) & transmission ($2-3k ?). So in the end you really are looking at more like $18 - 20k. At that point, most should walk away and save up for a used e63 (tt) IMHO.