Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Resolve costly inner edge tire wear

The very latest K-MAC patented design front Camber, Caster and Rear Camber
Toe Kits are now available to suit virtually every model Mercedes 1968 to 2013.

Majority of today vehicles, because
of cost cutting and speed of the assemble
lines only have Toe adjustments.

K-MAC Engineering

Toll Free 24/7# 1888 414 0762
sales@k-mac.com
www.k-mac.com

K-MAC Engineering - YouTube

Unlike the O.E front “one setting” offset bolts all K-MAC kits provide precise adjustment
(accurately under load, direct on alignment turntable) and more than twice the adjustment range.

This increased range and precise adjustment capability means at last ongoing issues of steering pull to one side, straight line high speed directional control, excess inner edge tire wear or being able to reduce lap times by increasing front negative Camber on race days can now all be resolved.

Fitting of these front and rear kits requires no special tools and allows future ongoing adjustments when altering height, fitting wide profile tires or simply to re-adjust for curb knock damage.

The adjustable front caster bushes also reduce dive, lift under brake and acceleration, along with improved steering response and traction under braking. They feature a unique K-MAC 2 axis/all positional bush design. This allows suspension arms to travel through their required arcs without binding. Also having twice the load bearing area of OEM rubber bushings that use air voids which can cause vibration, wheel hop with loss of traction under braking and subsequent premature bush failure.

An added bonus with the K-MAC adjuster kits is an entire bush upgrade as these 4 bushings for the front and the 4 for the rear are the vehicles main high wearing suspension bushings.

Example of K-MAC bushing strength/quality is the near identical bushings being used in the current Australian and New Zealand V8 race category where the G8 versus Ford. This all out competition racing – main straight top speed, then hitting race curbs, slamming down after becoming airborne! After 18 months of evaluation race scrutineers ruled the evidence had shown that for the safety aspect and reliability no other front end Camber and Caster adjuster kits other than K-MAC would be allowed to be used. The opposing Ford drivers were also instructed likewise.

Re Mercedes rear K-MAC Camber kits (also virtually every model 1968 to 2013) these new patented design kits get traction/power to the ground and are also precisely adjustable (up to 1.75 degrees positive or negative) capable of returning alignment settings to OEM specs in most instances. Whether through altering vehicle height, wide profile tires or curb knock damage.

All are supplied with bush extraction tools allowing these rear kits to be installed on vehicle.

Another special feature is that these Camber adjusters also include additional Toe adjustment (doubling the existing OEM adjustment range) correctly accommodating therefore for the new rear Camber facility.

Genuine K-MAC since 1964. First with front and rear Camber, Caster kits to suit Mercedes and world's largest range
Audi to Volvo

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-19-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Removed Video link
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55
K-Mac,
I bought one of these for my W208 CLK 55 and I need to know who can install it around the East Bay, San Francisco CA. I approached one shop who has worked on MB and they are trying to charge me $580 for it.
This shop has not installed this kit before. Please provide an installer around my area who has an experience on this. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 e55
Originally Posted by burat
K-Mac,
I bought one of these for my W208 CLK 55 and I need to know who can install it around the East Bay, San Francisco CA. I approached one shop who has worked on MB and they are trying to charge me $580 for it.
This shop has not installed this kit before. Please provide an installer around my area who has an experience on this. Thanks.
Motorsport Techniques in Hayward. I know they've installed these kits before and they do good work at a reasonable price. Ask for Kin.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:21 PM

clk55
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
E-55,IS-250
How do these things work?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 PM

e63
price?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:31 AM

various
Originally Posted by The Fly 1
How do these things work?
K-Mac bushes to adjust camber, caster and toe come in a variety of types depending on the application.

The essential common ingredient is an eccentric inner bush which is rotated using its mounting bolt so that it gives accurate adjustment within a wide range. This is a part of the K-Mac patent that shows the years of suspension industry experience only K-Mac has.

They are not just one, two or three-position bolts or bushes, their adjustment is infinite within their range so you can get your suspension settings right.

Once adjusted to give the required setting, they are tightened and the unique design of bushes grip the mounting member to retain this setting.

Additionally, by creating a bushing large enough to enable the adjustment - some of which are essentially uniball type joints in urethane - the bearing surface is much larger than a regular urethane bush and long life is assured.

Last edited by K-MacSuspension; 06-25-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I would appreciate if K-MAC could elaborate on the specific part numbers that they sell for the W211 platform.... There does seem to be some confusion about this product, specifically:

Street vs. Sport vs Race (?)- Are there different versions of this product? If so please explain what is different

"New Design" vs "Old Design" - I've read that the product was redesigned at some point. Are the part numbers different between old and new? How can I tell the difference visually if the part numbers are the same?

I have read several comments from people on this site that the front kit works well, but rear K-MAC kit is not strong enough to withstand the power of these cars and the bushings will fail after a very short period of time. (this is why I was asking about new designs or "sport" or "race" versions of this product).

If the product had some issues early on, but has been redesigned or now uses stronger materials it would be good to let us know. I think there are quite a few "potential" customers here who have read complaints here on MBWorld in the past.

It would be good for your business to help us understand these sorts of details, and obviously let us know what sort of warranty you offer on these products.

Thanks!

-G

Last edited by GregMB; 06-25-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by GregMB
I would appreciate if K-MAC could elaborate on the specific part numbers that they sell for the W211 platform.... There does seem to be some confusion about this product, specifically:

Street vs. Sport vs Race (?)- Are there different versions of this product? If so please explain what is different

"New Design" vs "Old Design" - I've read that the product was redesigned at some point. Are the part numbers different between old and new? How can I tell the difference visually if the part numbers are the same?

I have read several comments from people on this site that the front kit works well, but rear K-MAC kit is not strong enough to withstand the power of these cars and the bushings will fail after a very short period of time. (this is why I was asking about new designs or "sport" or "race" versions of this product).

If the product had some issues early on, but has been redesigned or now uses stronger materials it would be good to let us know. I think there are quite a few "potential" customers here who have read complaints here on MBWorld in the past.

It would be good for your business to help us understand these sorts of details, and obviously let us know what sort of warranty you offer on these products.

Thanks!

-G
I am so glad Greg asked these questions, as I too was wondering the same. What sort of warranty / guarantee do these come with, as I too have heard the rears cannot hold up?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05 PM

various
Originally Posted by GregMB

Addressing the part number issue first:

The front camber and caster adjustment kit - #502216K
Rear camber and toe kit - #502526K

These numbers have not changed, however it's important to note that for Airmatic models the front is the same, the rear kit is #502526-1K.

The above front and rear kits - and all K-Mac kits from 1968 to 2013 - replace the lower control arm inner bushes. The patented K-Mac design allows precise single-wrench adjustment that can be made directly on the alignment turntable. This adjustment can be made under load. Bush extraction and insertion tools come with the kit.

Regarding 'Street, Sport & Race' - the kits to which these options apply only to MacPherson strut suspensions. They are adjustable replacement top strut mounts.

We currently manufacture in Street/Race and Full Race versions to provide additional adjustment for the W124 and W129 models, as per our catalogue.

Because of many requests we will shortly be making similar kits for the popular W204 models.

At K-Mac we've been inventing, designing and making camber and caster kits longer than anyone else - since the early '70s. Going there first means there will always be improvements.

Fortunately we have always have had in-house manufacture of all our products, from urethane, rubber moulding, machining, both steel and alloy pressing and finishing. This allows total control over quality and, importantly, rapid and constant design updates.

The virtually maintenance-free design principles of the K-Mac rear kits have been proven thoroughly on other vehicles over the last twenty years, however with the W211 their containment and securing of the actual bushings required a further upgrade.

This amounted to the inclusion of cup washers to completely contain the bushings and an upgrading of the locking bolt assembly. Along with the hardened nickel-chromed centre mounts having floating internal ends, this meant that, once correctly tightened, the problem was resolved.

Basically, if the bolts are tightened fully and correctly there are no issues, and we back this up with a 2-year warranty.

This upgrade took place and was completed in February.

Last edited by K-MacSuspension; 06-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
It's great to see a manufacturer fully explain their product.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Knowing that there has been a significant redesign of the rear KMAC's (#502526-1K), I now feel confident to install the rear units. This will be accomplished in about 45 days after our return to Germany.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I am glad to read that as well, because I also read there were problems with the back not working for these cars. I need a fix for mine as I currently have expensive tires that are shot (cords coming out) on the very inside after about 5,000 miles due to being lowered about 1" from stock. Will be purchasing a new set of tires and want to remedy the issue at the same time but wasn't sure what to do
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
K-mac, I don't mean to pee in your wheetbix but I seriously hope you guys have fixed the rear toe control bolt clamping Problem on the W211 chassis, even with the updated bolting solution and the correct torque, I could never get the toe adjustment to stay where it was set, the car became dangerous to drive at times under hard acceleration, you really need to have a look at doing something different !! all of the other bushing were great in the kit worked great.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM

various
Weet Bix? We're too busy to stop for Weet Bix!

To answer your question, we have increased by 100% the clamping surface on the toe adjusters. Provided they are done up tight (which is explained in the fitting instructions) they will retain their adjustment.

Unfortunately some people didn't get them tight and once they started to slip they were always going to be a problem. We still insist on them being done up tight, but the increase in clamping surface ensures they'll be trouble-free.

Last edited by K-MacSuspension; 06-26-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Can you take a look at the following photo of my new K-MAC kit and tell me if this represents the "latest and greatest" version? I don't know enough about your kits to know if some of these parts are newly-designed or not.

I'm a bit concerned because the invoice shows the following part number:

P/N: 502526-1 J

From what I gather in your previous comments in this thread, the final character is where you track the revision of the kit.... my concern is that the kit I just got appears to be a "J" revision, and it sounds like I don't have the "K" revision that was released in February 2013.

Is there a way to confirm, and possibly get your help to source whatever pieces I am missing to make this kit 100% current with all the latest updates / improvements?

Thanks!

-G
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
K-mac, I don't mean to pee in your wheetbix but I seriously hope you guys have fixed the rear toe control bolt clamping Problem on the W211 chassis, even with the updated bolting solution and the correct torque, I could never get the toe adjustment to stay where it was set, the car became dangerous to drive at times under hard acceleration, you really need to have a look at doing something different !! all of the other bushing were great in the kit worked great.
Same here, after 2 sets of KMac bushings, I had to switch to a Toe Link solution, as the Toe bushing kept on failing.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
I want to hear more about this... subscribed. I hope the kinks have been resolved, because I would be a customer if it has been. Does your warranty cover if the product fails after installed to manufacture specs, related labor cost to repair and replace failed product, including cost for re-alignment?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Addressing GregMB issue first:

Hi GregMB,

Yes, the latest kit is; 502526-1 K

The -1 is a rear kit for air matic models. Your photo shows the parts are correct, including the latest bush extraction tool, so installation can be carried out, without removal of cross member.

Unfortunately the Toe Bolts shown in the photo are not the latest version, (now being 1.25 pitch) Drop us a PM with your address, and we will send you the latest Toe Bolts.

timeToy,

Lowering Vehicles. This causes excess toe in on these models. The K-MAC outer replacement toe rod bush allows double the adjustment range. Method is to make sure, it is installed with the offset fully out (horizontal 3 o’clock position) For Absolute maximum load bearing support. Then tighten in this position, using the fine thread bolts and double length lock nuts (supplied).

Precise adjustment is then made, using the existing inner mounted OEM toe adjusting bolts.

pnoyworx:

We offer a 2 year replacement warranty.

As explained in the detail reply, to GregMB (06 - 26 - 2013) we have been manufacturing Camber, Caster & Toe Adjuster kits since the early 70's. Going there first means there will always be improvements.

As this previous article mentions, our basic front & rear designs have been race proven over the last twenty years and now these latest updates including the rear toe mount, is part of what it is all about at K-MAC - Being first with design breakthrough and constant, on-going improvements.

Last edited by K-Mac; 07-03-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Where is the best place to buy the front kit? Do you have any stateside dealers?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by pnoyworx
I want to hear more about this... subscribed. I hope the kinks have been resolved, because I would be a customer if it has been. Does your warranty cover if the product fails after installed to manufacture specs, related labor cost to repair and replace failed product, including cost for re-alignment?
Agreed I too wanted to get this setup, but I could not find a single vendor that would sell, install, align, and warranty the product....I was able to find a bunch of people that had installed them and had nothing but problems....

KMAC if you are serious about selling products to this crowd, please list shops that will sell & install & warranty....
Old 03-02-2015, 01:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
cost?

What is the ballpark on a setup for an 04 e55?