W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

My saga with evosport & Kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy My saga with evosport & Kleemann

I ordered a Kleemann steering wheel from evosport on 8/1/03, I was told the wheel would take 4 weeks and may be sooner, I was charged a 50% deposit ($1000), it's been 6 weeks now and no steering wheel.
Evosport keeps giving me the run around and telling me that August is a slow month in Europe and they need more time, why wasn't I told this when I ordered the wheel?
I was told they would need an additional 2 weeks, I wasn't happy, but had no choice, now it will be over 6 weeks and still no firm delivery date. Evosport refuses to refund my deposit and won't even give me a discount, I have never seen such horrible customer service.

Last edited by Rave E55; 09-11-2003 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Sorry, to hear about your dilemma. Do you have a contract stating no refunds? Hopefully, you paid the depoist with credit card and maybe they can help. Don't expect this negataive thread to be posted here long since EVOSport runs this board. They will delete it. Good Luck.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by E55 KEV
Sorry, to hear about your dilemma. Do you have a contract stating no refunds? Hopefully, you paid the depoist with credit card and maybe they can help. Don't expect this negataive thread to be posted here long since EVOSport runs this board. They will delete it. Good Luck.
Maybe evo will do the right thing, let's see.

Last edited by Rave E55; 09-11-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, I thought September would be a slow month... being some ppl take month-long sabbaticals for something called Ocktoberfest.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Banned

02 c32, 03 e55
FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shocker!!! its all about the cashizzel!!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=51447

Last edited by dd_kota; 09-11-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:46 AM

I understand evo is in a tuff situation, but passing the blame on Kleemann and leaving me here with no product is not right, evo should at the very least give me a discount. "EVO stop being small time, and do the right thing!"
Nothing personal against the guy's at evo.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:40 AM
ZHH

2001 BMW M3
The guy's at evo need to do SOMETHING, either refund your deposit, give you a discount, or maybe throw in some painted reflectors.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by ZHH
The guy's at evo need to do SOMETHING, either refund your deposit, give you a discount, or maybe throw in some painted reflectors.
Anyone of the three would show goodwill and satisfy me.
There are also some Federal Trade Commission rules that are being messed with here, I do not want this to get ugly, Evo do the right thing. Strange how no one from evo has posted, they do own this board, don't they? I have recieved emails from them with no new news, just telling me it's out of their hands and that they will press Kleemann as much as they can, but no mention of any refund, discount or freebie, to make up for this f*ck up.
I will give it til the end of the day, then I will start the FTC / Credit card route. I will not be made a fool of or pushed around by anyone or ANY company!!

Last edited by Rave E55; 09-12-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Accord EX V6
Sorry to hear that rave.. hopefully you get your stuff soon man!! and don't forget to post pic k!!
Old 09-12-2003, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by sf49ers79
Sorry to hear that rave.. hopefully you get your stuff soon man!! and don't forget to post pic k!!
Let's see when I get it and how evo handles the situation first.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
I have recieved emails from them with no new news, just telling me it's out of their hands and that they will press Kleemann as much as they can, but no mention of any refund, discount or freebie, to make up for this f*ck up.
I will give it til the end of the day, then I will start the FTC / Credit card route. I will not be made a fool of or pushed around by anyone or ANY company!!
Originally posted by Rave E55
I understand evo is in a tuff situation, but passing the blame on Kleemann and leaving me here with no product is not right, evo should at the very least give me a discount. "EVO stop being small time, and do the right thing!"
Nothing personal against the guy's at evo.

I personally emailed you that I would update you on this situation. I saw no reason to respond on this board to your post- what is the purpose of pushing this point to have to respond here when I responded to you in private already? I can see if you were being neglected you would resort to this venue, but this is not the case. Regardless, your point has been made in public, everyone has read it, let's move on. So, the only real news you care to hear is that you want a discount? Yes, the product has been delayed 2 weeks- this happens. We have updated and communicated to you every step of the way. And YES, it is out of our hands. More so, of course we would DO THE RIGHT THING. I don't expect to leave you waiting indefinitely. If anyone knows, we pride ourselves on customer service. We run a business here- if you understand that, you would realize issues like this come up and we have to deal with them on a case by case basis. I further feel that we have not given you any run around or done anything wrong. We have managed your expectations every step of the way. I will not promise discounts or freebies, but I will promise that we will DO THE RIGHT THING. We have absolutely NOTHING to gain from making you or any other customer unhappy.

As I promised you in my email yesterday, here is an update on the product from Kleemann:

-----------
WE HAVE TODAY SENT ONE STEERING WHEEL FOR W 211 EXPRESS WITH UPS THE TRACKING NUMBER IS 1Z 507 A39 66 XXXX XXXX

BEST REGARDS
Klaus Brun
Warehouse Manager
-----------

We should receive this early next week. I will keep you posted. Once it arrives, we will contact you to discuss bringing closure to this. Thank you.

Simon Atik
evosport
Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 PM

Great news, I can live with a two weeks delay. I was worried it was going to turn into a longer situation. I will post pics once I recieve it.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..............I find this thread interesting. Unfortunately this thread is going to dissappear like others like it. Virtually all of Evosports problems with customer service will dissappear if they simply hired a secretary. This person can take customer phone calls, e-mails etc, reseacrh the problem and provide a prompt response. Unfortunately Evosport has taken the position that no customer service problems exist and all those complaining are simply trying to hurt Evosport.

Ted
Old 09-12-2003, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
..............I find this thread interesting. Unfortunately this thread is going to dissappear like others like it. Virtually all of Evosports problems with customer service will dissappear if they simply hired a secretary. This person can take customer phone calls, e-mails etc, reseacrh the problem and provide a prompt response. Unfortunately Evosport has taken the position that no customer service problems exist and all those complaining are simply trying to hurt Evosport.

Ted

I will refrain from sarcasm and beg to differ- "simply hiring a secretary" will NOT mitigate most of a company's customer service problems. The problem here has nothing to do with providing a "prompt response". And of course we have customer service issues- who doesn't? What exactly are you basing your statements on?

Rest assured, this thread is not going anywhere.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:26 PM

Let me clear this up, evo did answer all my calls, emails etc. they have been very polite and nice. I was worried that this was going to turn into a long drawn out event and that Kleemann was just going to say another two weeks every two weeks, they did not and it turned out to be 6 weeks instead of 4, as I said before, I can live with that and am satisfied in evo sports handling of my order, especially if they have Kleemann next day air it to me. I know the guys at evo maybe upset with me for posting this thread, but isn't that what message boards are for, sharing related experiences good or bad?
Old 09-12-2003, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
............I agree with you the forum provides an opportunity for people to share their experiences, both positive and negative. I also understand from Evosports point of view that too many negative comments about their company can affect their business. On the other hand, if those negative comments are infact valid, then correcting them might boost boost business over and beyond whatever harm they have caused. Listen, I understand your reluctance to go talking about this, since they have your deposit, run the board and have your steering wheel. But., I'm sure if you were perfectly happy with their service, you would not have posted your concerns on the forum.

Ted
Old 09-12-2003, 09:07 PM

We are very close to finishing this deal, and I hope evo will arrange next day fedex for free and we will be all good.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
Listen, I understand your reluctance to go talking about this, since they have your deposit, run the board and have your steering wheel.

I don't understand... How was he reluctant to post? He started the thread and posted 7 additional times in it. It's not like we began this thread and forced our customer to respond!

I don't think he was worried at any time about us keeping his deposit and not shipping a steering wheel. If we had his wheel this would have never been an issue!

But., I'm sure if you were perfectly happy with their service, you would not have posted your concerns on the forum.

Ted
Directly above your post Rave E55 wrote "Let me clear this up, evo did answer all my calls, emails etc. they have been very polite and nice." As stated, this is not about our service, Rave E55 "was worried that this was going to turn into a long drawn out event and that Kleemann was just going to say another two weeks every two weeks."

Ted,

It seems every time someone posts the slightest issue, you feel the need to interject the ill-will you have towards our company as a result of our choosing not to do business with you. We have since moved on, and I ask you to do the same.

Thanks,

Ben
Old 09-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ted, give it a rest! Ben's right, you seem to always post in an "issue" thread, after it has been resolved, in what appears to be just an attempt to bring up your past problems

Personally I suggest that you try not to hint on how Evosport should run their business. They do a lot that many overlook. Hiring someone to take care of things isn't as simple as it looks and sounds, and would not have helped this in any way.

I apoligize if I come out harsh, but it's the truth. Let's move on instead of having this same debate between you and evosport each week. Sorry I kept adding fuel to the fire

EDIT:
But., I'm sure if you were perfectly happy with their service, you would not have posted your concerns on the forum.
Your kidding right? What about us Lexus guys? :p

Last edited by vraa; 09-13-2003 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
damn dude. you were being a real ***** about that whole situation. havent you ever modified a car before? delays are almost inevitable. you sound like a little girl, id rather lose revenue than deal with someone like you.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:02 PM

one of seven
Old 09-13-2003, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
damn dude. you were being a real ***** about that whole situation. havent you ever modified a car before? delays are almost inevitable. you sound like a little girl, id rather lose revenue than deal with someone like you.
So I guess delivery commitments mean nothing to you, and you expect customers to wait quietly when the due date has come and gone? F*ck that!! I hold people to their word, as I said before, I can live with a two week delay, it seemed like Kleemann was going to take even longer and that was not acceptable.
Please list your company name so that I can make sure never to do business with you.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
rave man, clam down buddy. i understand that you are mad because it was delayed, but there isnt a reason to cuss in the forums. if you feel this mad, e-mail Mr. Vanos privately, coming onto the board, and complaining over and over wont help
Old 09-13-2003, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by bmms8
rave man, clam down buddy. i understand that you are mad because it was delayed, but there isnt a reason to cuss in the forums. if you feel this mad, e-mail Mr. Vanos privately, coming onto the board, and complaining over and over wont help
I have no problem with evo!! They are working on the problem and everything is cool, my previous post was directed at CarlssonCRS who was calling me a B!tch. Read the entire thread before posting.

Last edited by Rave E55; 09-13-2003 at 06:22 PM.