W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2015 | 05:36 PM

C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
This would fall into custom tuning and we would be happy to try to help with it. Our rate is $150 per hour.

Thanks,
I understand. So its not done before thats why its custom tuning?
So lets say one person does that custom tuning with you and it will be successful eliminating that annoying "idle-rattle-sound", will you be porting that thing into a new "version" of your FSP tune?
So all people which are getting a FSP tune from you would have that issue removed?
I say that because i believe its a large part, if not the majority of FSP users,that would love to get rid of that rattling.

EDIT: Do you believe its doable at all? Do you agree that a manipulation of the bypass flap during idle/low-RPM would solve that issue like stated by some users in the previously linked threads?

Thanks alot :-)
Old 02-18-2015 | 05:54 PM

cls55 amg
This would fall into custom tuning and we would be happy to try to help with it. Our rate is $150 per hour.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Crissus

If its a problem that all FSP users are having it would seem that it is not a custom issue, rather one that should be addressed in the base tune.
Hopefully the tuners can resolve this soon.
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:23 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by romeomikehotel
If its a problem that all FSP users are having it would seem that it is not a custom issue, rather one that should be addressed in the base tune.
Hopefully the tuners can resolve this soon.
It's not a problem and won't hurt anything at all. Our base tune is done and has been tested on many cars now. So, it will be custom tuning at this point if anyone wants us to spend time on it.
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:29 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
So lets say one person does that custom tuning with you and it will be successful eliminating that annoying "idle-rattle-sound", will you be porting that thing into a new "version" of your FSP tune?
So all people which are getting a FSP tune from you would have that issue removed?
I say that because i believe its a large part, if not the majority of FSP users,that would love to get rid of that rattling.

EDIT: Do you believe its doable at all? Do you agree that a manipulation of the bypass flap during idle/low-RPM would solve that issue like stated by some users in the previously linked threads?

Thanks alot :-)
I'm sure it's doable...

I can't answer that because we don't see many 55 AMG's in the shop here now and I would need to see one with the noise so I can diagnose it.

Someone just needs to make a block off plate for the bypass and be done with it.

We could incorporate the new mod in a new version of the FSP tune but this tune doesn't fall under the free reflash program we offer. I know it sucks, but there are a few forum members here that know we have MANY hours on FSP reflashes. They are tying up too much time.
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:30 PM

It's not a problem and won't hurt anything at all. Our base tune is done and has been tested on many cars now. So, it will be custom tuning at this point if anyone wants us to spend time on it.
I'm sorry but i disagree regarding being not a "problem"...
If its really the rotors colliding internally at that low RPM like stated a couple of times by some users, because the Supercharger wasn't made to run at such low RPMs in the first place, it is a problem IMHO.
No one does have any long time experiences with these FSPs, how much more wear this does to the blower.

I see that the vast majority of issues with the FSP on the 5.5K platform seems to be ironed out by you which is great, however i believe getting rid of that sound if it is doable would be the icing of the cake for that tune.
Well, maybe you could write it down on some sort of a to-do-list for any future version of your FSP tune?
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:35 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
I'm sorry but i disagree regarding being not a "problem"...
If its really the rotors colliding internally at that low RPM like stated a couple of times by some users, because the Supercharger wasn't made to run at such low RPMs in the first place, it is a problem IMHO.
No one does have any long time experiences with these FSPs, how much more wear this does to the blower.

I see that the vast majority of issues with the FSP on the 5.5K platform seems to be ironed out by you which is great, however i believe getting rid of that sound if it is doable would be the icing of the cake for that tune.
Well, maybe you could write it down on some sort of a to-do-list for any future version of your FSP tune?

Take the blower off the car and spin it slow. The rotors do not touch.

I'm spinning one on my desk now and it's 100% not making any noise.

If I had to guess, I would say the noise you are hearing is the re-circulation flap (AKA Bypass) opening and closing a small amount. Almost how the TB chatters sometimes. It could also be the TB chattering.

Again, I would need a car here to test.

I CAN tell you that I did an FSP tune for a customer last week and he doesn't have the re-circulation flap installed and his car is quiet. :-)
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:47 PM

cls55 amg
That's unfortunate. I don't mean to be argumentative and I understand that it may not be hurting anything, mechanically, but the fact that customers/potential-customers are having issue with something would appear that there is a problem.

Once you figure out how to solve it after one customer pays for custom tuning, would all the rest have to pay the same rate regardless of the time (or lack of time) it would take to implement?
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
The chatter at idle is not Eurocharged's problem. It's what comes with with the FSP mod. The supercharger wasn't ment to be engaged at idle. All mods have sacrafices and Every pulley has it downfalls..
Old 02-18-2015 | 06:54 PM

Take the blower off the car and spin it slow. The rotors do not touch.

I'm spinning one on my desk now and it's 100% not making any noise.

If I had to guess, I would say the noise you are hearing is the re-circulation flap (AKA Bypass) opening and closing a small amount. Almost how the TB chatters sometimes. It could also be the TB chattering.

Again, I would need a car here to test.

I CAN tell you that I did an FSP tune for a customer last week and he doesn't have the re-circulation flap installed and his car is quiet. :-)
Thanks for that reply. I dont want to steal your time, but i believe you are the only tuner (in the world?) that can adjust that flap. And maybe you could look here in the Video in the first post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post6299723
At exactly 0:04 to 0:09 you can hear that "rattle". And again between 0:16 and 0:24 even louder
Discussion is further down that thread.

It sounds like the car has shot rod bearings or any other internal hardware defect. The majority of FSP users told here in the forums that they got that sound as soon as the FSP was installed.
Previously people said it would have been the gears internally, but now they claim its the rotors at idle because of missing "air-pocket" due to to low RPM/open bypass flap.

I pray that you will get a donor car with FSP to your shop to diagnose what it really is. Thanks alot for your efforts.

Last edited by Crissus; 02-18-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2015 | 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 e55 AMG
You can see for yourself. I found out last month what it was comparing it to Mustang superchargers right off the shelf. Just open your hood, put your hand on the large black clutch part of the blower and just slightly rock it back and forth. There is your noise. When car is running it rattles back and forth because there is no "load"on it.
Old 02-19-2015 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
When coming to a stop sometimes I get that rattling sound. I have all the insulation and panels removed so the SC is quite loud when engaged. I too assume it's the black clutch part on the front. Mine makes the same sound when I roll it by hand when the car is off.
Old 02-19-2015 | 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
who wants a stock size FSP?
Old 02-19-2015 | 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 ford lightning
I think we should be greatfull shardul made a part for our cars that totally makes it a animal for 300 bucks or what ever it is. The tunes are great now, trade off maybe a little noise at idle. From what I experienced on another car it just sounds mean. We know that pulley makes power, I mean its not like the other venders that make intakes for over a thousand dollars and you here the excuse well there is not a lot of these cars so that's why the price is high. Heck the stall convertor was same price as my lightnings.
Old 02-19-2015 | 07:46 PM

99lightning,
I don't think anyone was complaining about the price. It was just a suggestion for an, at any point later, updated revision of the tune. As i have the feeling its a flaw introduced by this "device" and the hopes are indeed high that it could be solved by software. So as i said, its some sort of "icing on the cake" for the software part.
I agree that the whole idea of a FSP is awesome, i myself got a 77mm laying right next to me but i still will wait with install and purchase of a tune until it is more or less perfect software wise.
Old 02-19-2015 | 08:00 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 99lightning
I think we should be greatfull shardul made a part for our cars that totally makes it a animal for 300 bucks or what ever it is. The tunes are great now, trade off maybe a little noise at idle. From what I experienced on another car it just sounds mean. We know that pulley makes power, I mean its not like the other venders that make intakes for over a thousand dollars and you here the excuse well there is not a lot of these cars so that's why the price is high. Heck the stall convertor was same price as my lightnings.
Exactly, there has been major time put into the development and tune for these, all I can say is rattle or no rattle I cannot wait until I can make my order for one of these
Old 02-19-2015 | 09:34 PM
J J

Installing my 77mm tomorrow and I was wondering if I can flash the ecu first and drive to the shop with my stock pulley?

Its my daily driver and I do t want to install the pulley and have any issues with the sw loading.

Also, is th stock belt ok for the 77?
Old 02-20-2015 | 09:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

thanks
Old 02-20-2015 | 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Just to be clear. Upselling and making parts are 2 different things. Most of the hard work is done in the tune. Making a pulley is as easy as sending one to a company like ASP and saying make this but smaller and no clutch. The stall converter was same price as your lightning because they probably came from the same place
Old 02-20-2015 | 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

89MM, 77MM and 74MM in stock
Old 02-22-2015 | 09:45 AM

Land Cruiser, LC200
Does anyone know what the resistance on the resistor is supposed to be? I've received two different ones, the charts tell me one is 560 and one is 560k. Thanks for any info.
Old 02-23-2015 | 06:18 PM
J J

77mm pulley for sale. Been used about 2 days, going a different route.

$200 picked up (santa monica) or $220 shipped/paypal.
Old 02-23-2015 | 07:01 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Obviously your experience has been less than overwhelming. What did you not like about the pulley?
Old 02-23-2015 | 07:30 PM

SL63, GTR
Originally Posted by J J
77mm pulley for sale. Been used about 2 days, going a different route.

$200 picked up (santa monica) or $220 shipped/paypal.
Please do share your experience.
Old 02-23-2015 | 11:51 PM
J J

Originally Posted by uraberg
Obviously your experience has been less than overwhelming. What did you not like about the pulley?
Dont like the idle rattle. I dont relly need the extra hp of the fxed pulley, if my stock bearing wouldnt have gone out my car would have stayed bone stock.
Old 02-24-2015 | 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Ls1toAMG
The chatter at idle is not Eurocharged's problem. It's what comes with with the FSP mod. The supercharger wasn't ment to be engaged at idle. All mods have sacrafices and Every pulley has it downfalls..

I agree 100% if your *****ing about he FSP pulley then take it off and stop *****ing about it. like other people said on here the supercharger is meant to have a clutched pulley that is the design. And if you opt to install a FSP pulley then deal with it and stop pointing fingures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !