Sponsored by:

Help Please: 07 e63 Tranny issues, then CEL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Sounds like they are playing nice. Accept it. I'm pleased for you.

MBUSA has proven totally inconsistent with their "goodwill policy" to many members on this board.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Updating this thread.

Dealer is totally taking care of me in several ways. The conductor plate issue will be taken care of mid April, just don't want to claim on extended warranty right off the bat. There will be a difference between what the warranty will pay for labor and the 150 an hour the dealer charges. They dealer is taking care of that. Further diagnosis into the knocking noises in the drive tunnel will be taken care of and anything to do with that replaced. Full inspection of vehicle will be done and a list of items to do will be produced. Since having a B to B extended warranty, that alleviates all stress with these cars. Highly suggested to anyone getting one. Hope I never use it after these issues. But if I do, no stress. The original transmission service is being refunded completely and the Torque convertor will be drained free of charge when doing the conductor plate. I am happy and a good dealer rewarded with a positive review.

Just got done with a paint correction on the Beast
Old 10-29-2014, 02:26 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
so has anybody looked into if this is cause for manufacturer recall? i'ved filled a complaint with https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ as my car is in for repair for the same issues.

when all is said and done, i will have spent 1,200 through an independant shop for repair. i've seen that this issue effects all 7 speed transmissions, even those in the lowly C-Class.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
The OP must have shown up in his Sheriff uniform to get such "helping attitude" from MB
Old 10-29-2014, 07:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by kponti
The OP must have shown up in his Sheriff uniform to get such "helping attitude" from MB
Good thought, but no actually do a little something different for the Feds now. But the dealer is a good dealer and since (the forum helped) I knew what I was talking about better than they did, they took care of me completely.

To give a update: Moving to NOVA the car left me on the side of the road in limp mode. Side of I-95 on Sunday. Mercedes sent a flatbed 75miles south of Richmond to pick it up, and took the vehicle to Brown Merc in Richmond. They put me up for a night at a hotel (reimbursed me) and the dealer gave me a loaner to use for three days till the conductor plate was replaced. Aftermarket insurance paid for the repair which totaled $986.00. The car ran perfect for another 4k miles then I traded it for a Maserati QP. Now moving the QP and getting into a 911 or another E63. Looking for a 08 E63 Designo Graphite Met. If I can find a low mileage one that is what I will get. Loved the Beast and made a number of good friends. By the way--- this is the best forum out there from what I can find of most cars.

I found the Merc (with all its nuances) was very reliable, comparing it too the Maserati. Great cars but you really need a spare to live with them.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 AMG E63 Weistec S3, 2003 Porsche GT2 with 1375 rwhp
Get both, a 911 for fun and a nice E63 for DD.