Sponsored by:

Back at it again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 AMG, 2011 Range Rover Sport SC, 2004 BMW 745Li
Originally Posted by emoving
Ya, I bet. I bet your a real tough guy. That's what makes you feel good about yourself huh. You think your such a tough guy but your really just a big mouth. You have a friend that tried to do a build, during that build the guy couldn't afford it anymore. He ran out of money. It was obvious for all watching. Instead of owning up he allows people as ignorant as you to come to their own conclusion. Then he tries to pick the car up without paying, by using some one else's credit card, by saying he paid when he only paid a small fraction using an online form. Then he got turned away because he signed a legal contract. Then he shows up here again ready to point the finger but as he starts, he soon realizes the very reason is most likely at fault for a current issue he thinks he just found is someone that works for the company he represents. And meanwhile you are to stupid to figure anything out because you don't even have a clue because you just purchase second hand builds, so you turn to personal attacks which yet shows your character. You are truly a class act and your parents should be very proud at how you have turned out.
I am just going to post once responding to you Marcus. I have tried not to bring all the past into my new build thread but you seem to be on some mission to make sure that everyone hates me or something. I am not sure what that is about but oh well. I am only going to respond to your comments once because there is no point going back and forth. And this thread was something I started about the new build thread of my car.

1) I did not run out of money on the build. I am spending on it now.
2) I wasnt trying to use some strangers credit card. It was my wife's card.
3) I then used the online form to pay all the rest of the invoices I had received before hand. I was unaware that new ones were printed out that morning.
4) Not sure why you are mad about the situation with my car. I paid the shop $12,000 total and took my car back. They were able to resell the turbo kit to someone else and had my car for 10 months to develop the kit.
5) The point of the spark plug was just posting up what was found. I know exactly what the spark plug means. Someone made the statement that the car was complete and ready to take home. Well no it wasnt. There was a "spark issue" that was trying to be figured out for two weeks before I received a call saying I could pick the car up and bring it back to my shop to chase down the issue. Thats why I posted the pic. Because someone else made that statement.
6) A lot of times when remote tuning the tuner isnt the one monitoring the Live Data. It is the person running the dyno.

The point of this thread was for my new build. Not to go over what had happened before. Did I save all text and emails from the whole dealing over the last year, yes I did. But I am not getting into all that on an open forum. So please if you have more personal attacks against me leave it for another thread. Everyone on the forum is aware of how you feel about me.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by TTE55
Should have more pics up tonight.
Yes, please..the silent majority is very interested. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I feel bad for sticking up for emoving in the past when he got put on suspension here for being an *******. Damn man, you really are a douche, I must have been blinded for being on your side..... SMH. And you can lash out at me now too, I won't be responding, but you will still be what you are. Congrats.

Good luck with your cars TTE55 and Redbulljnky. There are a lot of people out there that aren't typing that are watching and others that aren't aware at the moment that will be just as excited as they see videos or come across a finished product thread somewhere on the internet of twin turbo E55s out on the streets. I have no interest in doing it to mine, mine is what it is, a nice daily driver and sometimes fun take it to the track car which still surprises people. Just went Wednesday in fact and ran 12.08 on my 20s and had fun doing it.

But Redbull one of these days we will cross paths when I am in my V and it should be fun. I expect some 140+ traps next time I hit the track, well until they kick me out. Currently runs mid 130s all day any day on good ole 93 octane and at over 4400lbs and about to have another 200whp.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I'm pretty crushed. First Harry and now you don't like me. What am I gonna do with out the little Internet troll support.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I feel bad for sticking up for emoving in the past when he got put on suspension here for being an *******. Damn man, you really are a douche, I must have been blinded for being on your side..... SMH. And you can lash out at me now too, I won't be responding, but you will still be what you are. Congrats.

Good luck with your cars TTE55 and Redbulljnky. There are a lot of people out there that aren't typing that are watching and others that aren't aware at the moment that will be just as excited as they see videos or come across a finished product thread somewhere on the internet of twin turbo E55s out on the streets. I have no interest in doing it to mine, mine is what it is, a nice daily driver and sometimes fun take it to the track car which still surprises people. Just went Wednesday in fact and ran 12.08 on my 20s and had fun doing it.

But Redbull one of these days we will cross paths when I am in my V and it should be fun. I expect some 140+ traps next time I hit the track, well until they kick me out. Currently runs mid 130s all day any day on good ole 93 octane and at over 4400lbs and about to have another 200whp.
Thanks David! You know where I live😎 We'll set something up. 😋
Old 04-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
A log style header tends to work really well on a turbo set up. I have a horsepower number I am shooting for but not looking to give that info out yet
I'd be real worried about uneven pressure across the cylinders if you're looking to push some serious PSI....
Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Enigma94
I'd be real worried about uneven pressure across the cylinders if you're looking to push some serious PSI....
We will see how it does on testing when we get there. If needed another set will be made. I am looking to push around 24psi.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Well the car is pretty much in pieces now. More of it on the shelf than on the car LOL!

Got a little special delivery today

In the next 2 days I will be throwing a spare motor back in for some mock up and test fitting.

Here are all the factory brake lines lol. I am running all new for the entire car so that I can route them how and were I want them.

The Lambo orange calipers are going. I am changing the color. Going with a different color that I will use throughout the car. I am selling these like they are to buy a set to have powder coated. Or I am open to a trade for another set plus cash for these.

Several things I am not going factory on and should be here soon:
Radiator
Radiator Fans
Transmission Cooler
Powersteering Cooler
Oil Cooler

I hope to have more updates in the next few days.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by Enigma94
I am curious why you say this because there are tons of cars on all different platforms (different types and size engines) that use a log manifold and run a lot of boost. Hell, I was running 30psi on my turbo Audi I use to have with a log manifold for years before I then switched to another manifold.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
I am curious why you say this because there are tons of cars on all different platforms (different types and size engines) that use a log manifold and run a lot of boost. Hell, I was running 30psi on my turbo Audi I use to have with a log manifold for years before I then switched to another manifold.
Oh it's been done on a ton of platforms for a long time but every high HP car I've seen where money isn't an issue(logs are significantly cheaper than equal length) has ran equal length manis. It really depends on the size of the turbo and the PSI you want to push. 30psi on a gt25 won't be as much of a issue on a log vs 30psi on a gt40.

The more resistance on the exhaust gas the more noticeable the pressure differences between each cylinder will be. Too much difference between them and you'll have some motor issues eventually.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of all the small holes around the inlet?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Funny I've always wondered that to lol..

Last edited by berti_00; 04-13-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
The holes prevent compressor surge .. otherwise you may run into this: http://www.streetfire.net/video/true-turbo-compressor_163406.htm

Last edited by turbo97se; 04-13-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
Just because it works does not mean it's efficient. Log manifolds usually have abnormal flow restrictions and hotspotting. Spool time will be severely effected, the larger the turbo the worse the condition. I'm for log manifolds on budget builds for something to just fart around in (I've built several myself), but when starting from scratch on something worthy of a $1500+ turbo... I would not even consider a log manifold.

Good luck with your cars TTE55 and Redbulljnky. There are a lot of people out there that aren't typing that are watching
This
Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
The holes were initially for racers to cheat the rules of certain drag classes. The rules for example might limit turbo size to a 76mm inlet but the inlet would be be measured across the throat of the compressor inlet. The holes could then allow more air to be drawn in.

Originally Posted by HeissRod
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of all the small holes around the inlet?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg

200WHP more has to be
Old 04-14-2014, 08:47 PM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
This is for EMoving

eMoving:
Get the F*CK off the Mercedes forums last i checked You own a 996 toyota tundra so your negativity is no longer welcome I have seen a bunch of your post and its all negative you've said enough we all get your point! now get lost

Just my expressing my opinion like you did yours a million times..

Last edited by Redw20855amg; 04-14-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by Redw20855amg
Just my expressing my opinion like you did yours a million times..
...And you know that you just poked a hornet's nest, right? It had finally become quiet in this thread. Good job beating a dead horse and sounding immature while doing it.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Congrats on your build. A little word of encouragement, what ever you do make sure you trace your steps in your build, I am sure once done it will be a bad *** car! Focus on turning key with the set up first prior since that's the true challenge.

Once done it will be something special and unique. Just know the sleepless nights, time you spent away from family and friends, money spent, and blood and broken skin will all be worth it. Been there done that. Some will call it a POS and others who are true enthusiasts will see the value and know it's something truly unique and special. Congrats and stay positive!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
The holes were initially for racers to cheat the rules of certain drag classes. The rules for example might limit turbo size to a 76mm inlet but the inlet would be be measured across the throat of the compressor inlet. The holes could then allow more air to be drawn in.
This guy knows. They do help surge also but it was a way to "cheat" back in he day.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Congrats on your build. A little word of encouragement, what ever you do make sure you trace your steps in your build, I am sure once done it will be a bad *** car! Focus on turning key with the set up first prior since that's the true challenge.

Once done it will be something special and unique. Just know the sleepless nights, time you spent away from family and friends, money spent, and blood and broken skin will all be worth it. Been there done that. Some will call it a POS and others who are true enthusiasts will see the value and know it's something truly unique and special. Congrats and stay positive!
where did you V12 beast end up?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:46 AM

I appreciate the kind words! It is a lot of time, money, blood sweat and tears. Almost took off the tip of my thumb with the band saw last week lol. I pulled my finger back after it went half way through the tip.

I have been tagging everything that has been taken apart, wiring, and hoses. I also take notes on everything as it comes out because sometimes it is easy to forget about something small when going back together.
I know you have been through it all with that crazy E55 V12 conversion. So what are your plans for the CL65 you picked up?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
where did you V12 beast end up?
The V12 was sold to Harry, he is the new owner. I can't say I don't miss her. Everyone in town knows me by that car.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
The V12 was sold to Harry, he is the new owner. I can't say I don't miss her. Everyone in town knows me by that car.

you secured your place in history by turning that beefy driveshaft into a pretzel.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I appreciate the kind words! It is a lot of time, money, blood sweat and tears. Almost took off the tip of my thumb with the band saw last week lol. I pulled my finger back after it went half way through the tip.

I have been tagging everything that has been taken apart, wiring, and hoses. I also take notes on everything as it comes out because sometimes it is easy to forget about something small when going back together.
I know you have been through it all with that crazy E55 V12 conversion. So what are your plans for the CL65 you picked up?
Yes, also make sure you find a tech that knows developer mode and STAR, it will come handy. Something I also did was take a lot of screenshots and pictures of different processes in the build in case I have to go back to it.

Plans for the 65 are to just drive it for now. I do have the itch to mod it but not yet. Modding it will mean engine down, etc... not sure I am ready for that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back at it again