Weistec E55 at Etown runs 11.1s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Originally Posted by Hulk
Yes but not needed obviously, he is running the fastest with just BOLT ON's, he's a class act too.
^YES, and YES
Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by biggking
This, didn't we just see an E55 run 10.5 or something... Stock blower with lower pulley, exhaust, tune... I think they spent like $8k in parts IF THAT (based on my quick math). I'm not even going to ask how much that super charger is. I'm trying not to hate but its hard to justify modifying internals and not hitting low low low 10s.

Driver error??
Know offense but but more like reader error

Just because someone decided to start a big build in a little smarter, cheaper (long term) and safer way doesn't mean that the 10.8 is his best pass.
10 psi... Come on he is just scratching the surface.

If the goal is to push the envelope, chase 9's, or just whip the snot out of everything you come across then starting with a forged and balanced built bottom end is the best money you can spend.....period!

I am aways baffled when people say "I am just going to keep pushing it until the block gives out" Its not like it isn't a catastrophic, wildly expensive and dangerous event when it does happen! Typically many other components are destroyed or compromised in the process...in more severe cases metal engine shaving run through oil pumps, intakes, forced injunction items...you name it.

Bravo to the Op for doing it the right way. Now they can play with ANY NUMBER of variables and won't have to worry about the block (provided they the tune the right way and I suspect they will)

Give it a some more time and these Wiestec units will be on EVERY supercharged 55's setting records and breaking hearts.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
The weistec in this thread is running more than 10psi
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
The weistec in this thread is running more than 10psi
My bad. Thought I read it was.
Don't imagine you care to share the Truth?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Well the installer who posted in this thread said 12psi but who knows, that is a pretty small pulley on that blower
Old 05-07-2014, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Gadget
Very nice!!!

I remember how excited I was when I ran 11.1 with my Weistec supercharger E55. Then Steve asked me, "want to get into the 10s?"

OK, how?? He put a couple of fans on the engine for about 40 minutes and WHAM, 10 second pass!!!!

No matter how you look at it, a full weight 4 door sedan running 10 second 1/4 miles is a very fast car!!

G
Always there to help . Your car was flying with that blower.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Engine internals are something that's not needed until it's too late lol. Trust me when I tell you you don't want a windowed block and oil on your tires going down the track. You can keep pushing stock motors and I'm sure the 55k motor will put up big numbers (WITH A GOOD TUNE) but is it worth the risk? I have a 55k motor to throw in my CLK but I will wait and at least put pistons in it.
This is exactly the case. Why risk hitting a wall at the track doing 100+ MPH because the engine gave up from power and dropped oil under the rear tires. It is a scary and dangerous feeling.

We advise building the motor when the car is making anything past 600 HP at the wheels. You can obviously make more than this and the engine might survive but it will be at the absolute limit. This just the case when it comes to standard alloy M8 sized rod bolts, and a high silicone piston that has design concepts based not only on performance.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Well the installer who posted in this thread said 12psi but who knows, that is a pretty small pulley on that blower
You can run the biggest crank pulley and the smallest SC pulley. As long you are running the 74mm throttle body, you will be limited by the amount of air the supercharger system can compress, therefore capping the amount of boost you make. This is down to a science with a positive displacement supercharger, especially a twinscrew system.

What these high ratios will give and this is the downside, is added heat since you are spinning the rotors at a much higher rate. This is also why we offer a completely different cast aluminum inlet specifically made for the larger 82mm throttle body. More air flowing through the system give you the obvious power gains, but it also allows the system to run cooler. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I understand everything you are saying. I was just specifying that it was more than 12psi. Just because it has a 74mm doesn't mean it can't be making more than 12psi boost
Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
I understand everything you are saying. I was just specifying that it was more than 12psi. Just because it has a 74mm doesn't mean it can't be making more than 12psi boost
It is most likely making near 12 psi at high RPM's. It might peak past that at the lower RPM's, but where it counts (down the track) it is near that.

Given all the hardware we sell and a high flow exhaust system, these engines will peak at 16psi. That is with a stock size crank pulley, and our smallest upper pulley with the 82mm throttle body. On the M113, this is much different. More compression allows more boost given the same hardware (Peak numbers). Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Someone should datalog that car from iats to boost
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
I don't like to assume but the "friend" that posted made it sound like that car is on stock exhaust. If so there's no way it's only pushing 10...or even 12psi!

Last edited by chiromikey; 05-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
^^^^^ this
Boost is restriction, with no headers and no exhaust, that ups the boost...
Can someone datalog a 3rd gear pull on this car?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
The car has headers with cats. This is what he meant to say we believe. Our response is based on this.

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
^^^Ok, things are making more sense now...thanks.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Why is there always second hand or third hand info on theses things, boost is 10psi, then 12psi, then most likely this or that, I think that is the reason more people are not jumping on these blowers.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Weistec
It is most likely making near 12 psi at high RPM's. It might peak past that at the lower RPM's, but where it counts (down the track) it is near that.

Given all the hardware we sell and a high flow exhaust system, these engines will peak at 16psi. That is with a stock size crank pulley, and our smallest upper pulley with the 82mm throttle body. On the M113, this is much different. More compression allows more boost given the same hardware (Peak numbers). Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Yup. TB, headers and compression are critical factors for boost figures. This doesn't mean that more boost = more power. My stock crank pulley and smallest sc pulley (higher compression than 55k motor) with 82mm TB and very restrictive headers would hit 20PSI sometimes. That's with ported heads too. With a good set of headers I see that number dropping but with alot more power. At the end of the day the more air you force in and get out the motor, the more power you will make (with adequate fuel lol).

Hopefully the next time my car sees a track it will have better headers but it will definitely have at least forged pistons and rod bolts and ARP head studs. Can't wait to get my custom pistons from you guys
Old 05-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Why is there always second hand or third hand info on theses things, boost is 10psi, then 12psi, then most likely this or that, I think that is the reason more people are not jumping on these blowers.
Almost every M113K powered car has different hardware that supports our SC system. Weather it is cooling, exhaust, fuel it makes a difference. Boost figures, power, tuning, etc. will naturally be different. This is completely opposed to the M156 powered cars, where there is only a hand full of modifications. It makes it very easy for us a manufacturer to make the product offerings more "cookie cutter".

A good comparison to the M113K market now is the domestic market. An owner of a Shelby GT-500 can easily purchase a supercharger system and hand over a base tune (or start with a clean slate) from the manufacturer to a hand full of tuners, or add E85 or long tube headers and a different pulley to customize to his/her needs and wants.

This was our intention for the M113K market because most E55 owners will enjoy installing parts themselves and gaining a better understanding of the car and our products. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering

Last edited by Weistec; 05-07-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yup. TB, headers and compression are critical factors for boost figures. This doesn't mean that more boost = more power. My stock crank pulley and smallest sc pulley (higher compression than 55k motor) with 82mm TB and very restrictive headers would hit 20PSI sometimes. That's with ported heads too. With a good set of headers I see that number dropping but with alot more power. At the end of the day the more air you force in and get out the motor, the more power you will make (with adequate fuel lol).

Hopefully the next time my car sees a track it will have better headers but it will definitely have at least forged pistons and rod bolts and ARP head studs. Can't wait to get my custom pistons from you guys
On the machines now! We will get in contact with you this week to get some more details!

Weistec Engineering
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
The black car in question is surely seeing 12psi at red line of 3rd. We put a digital AND mechanical boost gauge and took it for a ride to verify. That can go to bed. It also has long tube headers and high flow cats. We my change to 82mm TB and try and crack in to the 10s soon. Doing so will probably increase the boost to 14-15ish with the same pulley size. We will find out in a few weeks. Overall, I'm impressed with the system and the way it drives/feels over stock bkower.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
Overall, I'm impressed with the system and the way it drives/feels over stock bkower.
I'd imagine getting rid of the blower clutch alone, has got to be a nice improvement.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
The black car in question is surely seeing 12psi at red line of 3rd. We put a digital AND mechanical boost gauge and took it for a ride to verify. That can go to bed. It also has long tube headers and high flow cats. We my change to 82mm TB and try and crack in to the 10s soon. Doing so will probably increase the boost to 14-15ish with the same pulley size. We will find out in a few weeks. Overall, I'm impressed with the system and the way it drives/feels over stock bkower.
We love the sound of this! Let is know how we can assist!

Weistec Engineering