W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I overreacting? E420 badged as E55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Re: Someone doesn't know what fraud means, but it damn sure isn't me:

Originally posted by Improviz
A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
A piece of trickery; a trick.

One that defrauds; a cheat.
One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

Definition of fraud:

I would say that it is trickery to try to pass your car off as something it is not. And I would say that in so doing, you were assuming a false pose.

Furthermore, the issue is not *debadging*; it is *REBADGING*. Your signature says, and you have admitted, that you *REBADGED* your E420 with E55 badges. Here is your sig:

SOLD SOLD SOLD
1997 E420 Benz

Mods
2002 complete E55 AMG Pace Car Interior
2002 Side Blinking Mirrors
E55 AMG Floor Mats
17" Monoblock Wheels
Grill with the emblem
AMG Flat Hood Emblem
E55 AMG Badging
Chrome Calipers

Kinda sorta a bit of difference there, dontcha think? Maybe you should learn the difference before you start to spew false accusations and lies which are easily disproven.
LOL...You are as dumb as they come. So I guess you are assuming i sold the car saying it was an E55. That's why you should do your homework before you run your mouth. Now since the guy who bought my car knew it was an E420, is that fraud? NO lol....I'm in law enforcement...so you wont win with me I always win...I have won this whole thread. I have made everyone talk about me....Game Over "Benz Wins". I got everyone in MY game. Sucks dont it
Old 05-30-2004, 12:41 AM
CHB

'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
Its his car, what ever makes him happy...
Old 05-30-2004, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
The fact that you are a cadet in a police academy makes it even worse...

...because that means that a fraud might be a cop at some point, that is, if you actually have enough brains to pass the police exam, which frankly is not a sure bet...

The *FACT* is, loser, that while you owned it, you tried to pass off an E420 as an E55, and this is a fraud, as it is defined as the English language; whether or not you committed *legal* fraud when you sold the car (I assume that even you aren't dumb enough to do that) is not the issue. The issue, for about the tenth time, is that you, in rebadging an E420 as an E55, were trying to represent the car as something it wasn't, which constitutes fraud by the bloody definition of the word. (You will recall that I did post the actual definition of the word before, which you are apparantly too stupid to comprehend, but that doesn't surprise me: you're also too stupid to realize that all of us are laughing at your lame, moronic attempts to wriggle out of your little counterfeiting episode.).

And what's really pathetic about you is that you won't even answer people when they ask you why you did it, because you know damn good and well why you did it, and you don't want to give an honest answer. The answer is, plain and simple, that you are a wannabe who tried to impress people by making them think you had something you really didn't.

You can wriggle and rationalize and hurl childish insults all you want, but you are fooling no one. You have "poser" and "wannabe" written all over you, and that's just that.

I can't afford a Ferrari F360, but you won't see me sticking F360 badges on my ****ing car to try and make people think it's something it's not. Because unlike you, I have pride in what I own, and the integrity to represent it as what it is.

I can only hope that they weed you out at the academy, because frankly the public won't be well served by someone with your intellectual dishonesty and twisted logic. It would take you about as much time to rationalize accepting a bribe as it would take Charles Manson to rationalize dissecting a frog.

Idiot.

Originally posted by Benz
LOL...You are as dumb as they come. So I guess you are assuming i sold the car saying it was an E55. That's why you should do your homework before you run your mouth. Now since the guy who bought my car knew it was an E420, is that fraud? NO lol....I'm in law enforcement...so you wont win with me I always win...I have won this whole thread. I have made everyone talk about me....Game Over "Benz Wins". I got everyone in MY game. Sucks dont it

Last edited by Improviz; 05-30-2004 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:19 AM

00 accord exl v6
Re: Re: Someone doesn't know what fraud means, but it damn sure isn't me:

youre calling him dumb? youre a cop? good for you dipsh*t. Noone cares.

People who rebadge there cars as something they're not are the real DUMB LOSERS. Hell I drive a honda and know that much.

end yourself.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:07 AM

Re: The fact that you are a cadet in a police academy makes it even worse...

...because that means that a fraud might be a cop at some point, that is, if you actually have enough brains to pass the police exam, which frankly is not a sure bet...

The *FACT* is, loser, that while you owned it, you tried to pass off an E420 as an E55, and this is a fraud, as it is defined as the English language; whether or not you committed *legal* fraud when you sold the car (I assume that even you aren't dumb enough to do that) is not the issue. The issue, for about the tenth time, is that you, in rebadging an E420 as an E55, were trying to represent the car as something it wasn't, which constitutes fraud by the bloody definition of the word. (You will recall that I did post the actual definition of the word before, which you are apparantly too stupid to comprehend, but that doesn't surprise me: you're also too stupid to realize that all of us are laughing at your lame, moronic attempts to wriggle out of your little counterfeiting episode.).

And what's really pathetic about you is that you won't even answer people when they ask you why you did it, because you know damn good and well why you did it, and you don't want to give an honest answer. The answer is, plain and simple, that you are a wannabe who tried to impress people by making them think you had something you really didn't.

You can wriggle and rationalize and hurl childish insults all you want, but you are fooling no one. You have "poser" and "wannabe" written all over you, and that's just that.

I can't afford a Ferrari F360, but you won't see me sticking F360 badges on my ****ing car to try and make people think it's something it's not. Because unlike you, I have pride in what I own, and the integrity to represent it as what it is.

I can only hope that they weed you out at the academy, because frankly the public won't be well served by someone with your intellectual dishonesty and twisted logic. It would take you about as much time to rationalize accepting a bribe as it would take Charles Manson to rationalize dissecting a frog.

Idiot.
I read the first to sentences and gave up...I'm not reading all that crap lol. See, your in my game. Look how personal you are getting. I have a blast on here pissing all you off

Mr. Fraud guy who thinks he knows what hes talking about....tell me some more on how you feel please
Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Sorry, but got better things to do than argue with a wannabe.,,,

...I bet you have a nice fake Rolex and a bunch of counterfeit Polo and Hillfiger stuff as well. If you hang around with idiots like you, I'm sure they're impressed.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:52 PM

Re: Sorry, but got better things to do than argue with a wannabe.,,,

...I bet you have a nice fake Rolex and a bunch of counterfeit Polo and Hillfiger stuff as well. If you hang around with idiots like you, I'm sure they're impressed.
wow how did you know that!
Old 05-30-2004, 05:51 PM

00 accord exl v6
Re: Re: Sorry, but got better things to do than argue with a wannabe.,,,

wow how did you know that!
end yourself.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sorry, but got better things to do than argue with a wannabe.,,,

Originally posted by driven
end yourself.
ok....The End
Old 05-31-2004, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
OMG this thread is STILL GOING ON!!!!! Phew! It's finally over!! I just saw something that Benz posted and clicked on his sig lol.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by MB AMG
OMG this thread is STILL GOING ON!!!!! Phew! It's finally over!! I just saw something that Benz posted and clicked on his sig lol.
lol.....thats what im saying...I sold the car almost a year ago....But I keep getting emails saying people respond to this thread so I thought I would have a fun time with the people here lol.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Re: Am I overreacting? E420 badged as E55...

Originally posted by Marcus Frost
What do you guys think?
it's his vehicle, so who cares what he does with it?

I am sure some people do not like the way you look or dress, or even where you live.

Bottom line is this: you (this includes everyone) do not have the right to dictate what is or is not "right" for someone, including what they do to their vehicles, no matter the case.

when I see things like this, I shake my head and move-on smartly because I do not have the time to sit and worry about it.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:51 PM

Old 10-08-2004, 05:17 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone seems to have one, sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't.

I too laugh when I see obvious attempts to make a car something its not, but it never actually changes anything and the guy that knows it best is the driver.

I'd like to see an E55 labled as an E320 and then smoke some guy in a 911...
Old 10-08-2004, 05:55 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Benz thinks we are gullible enough to buy his reasoning for rebadging as simply to enjoy getting a rise out of us "poser haters".

The "game" is not over, Benz, because it never started because you, as a rebadger, have no game.

Peace.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by eagleeye
Benz thinks we are gullible enough to buy his reasoning for rebadging as simply to enjoy getting a rise out of us "poser haters".

The "game" is not over, Benz, because it never started because you, as a rebadger, have no game.

Peace.
I think you guys are gullible? Well I sure made you reply to the thread lol This thread started 12-09-2003 and i sold my car 8 months ago. Now who's playing the game? LOL

Did I ever say I had game I think you guys have the game :p

Also, your Join Date: Jan 2004 ... This thread is older then you are LOL.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Banned

'04 S430 4 Matic and '05 997
I didn't read the entire thread because its come up before and I get the drift.

My take on this issue is that both the rebadgers and the people who are offended by it need to get a life but the latter are more desperately in need of it.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
bump.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 PM

96 e320, 91 Eagle Talon, 98 SVT Cobra, 74 MGB-GT, 74 TR6
Just bought a 96 E320 and noticed it has a flat badge on the hood and the star in the grill. I guess this isn't right? I'll have to start searching for the parts to put it back the right way. Until then just know it's not my fault and don't laugh at me too hard. I think people can do what they want to their cars and while they might do what I might consider to be in poor taste . . . I'll get a chuckle out of it or think it's a shame and or maybe both and then move on.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Cool

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........I don't think I will encourage a friend of mine to falsely badge his or her car. But like another member has said, the extent to which you react to it is probably more telling than the guy that put the false badges. I make a distinction between this and someone who wears a false military badge. To me the military badges were earned in combat and have a much higher intrisic value than a car. I think the guy that falsely badges his car is an idiot, but getting upset over it invites one to perharps re-evaluate the reason why they bought their own car. If it is to get adulation from others then you need not have spent all that money because..........the guy that falsely badges his car is going to get more props than you because the rest of the world does not know the difference and does not care. If you spent all that money on an AMG in order to personally and internally enjoy your car with the satisfaction of owning the genuine article, then this shouldn't bother you. I think of it as those true art collectors who have a genuine masterpiece in their basement and go down to the basement episodically to admire it. Do you think that person will care if someone in Brooklyn is selling a fake for 20 bucks?

Ted
Good info here.

Every time I see this type of thing on the board I think what an elistist douchebag to get all up tight about it. I mean really, I just drive around in my smug, white tower, E55 wading through the cesspool masses trying not to get too dirty.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Good info here.

Every time I see this type of thing on the board I think what an elistist douchebag to get all up tight about it. I mean really, I just drive around in my smug, white tower, E55 wading through the cesspool masses trying not to get too dirty.

This thread is almost 4 years old... I guess Halloween is almost here, talk about raising the dead...

-m
Old 10-30-2008, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Good info here.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:39 AM

2003 E55 Blk/Blk
I laugh when I see falsely badges vehicle because it shows how insecure they are that not only is it ot good enough that they are able to afford a mercedes but no they have to go and lie to us about which model it is as if we wouldnt respect them if it didnt have the "expensive" badging on it...Reminds me of my friend that showed up with a brand new 2.5rs subaru and tried telling me and all of my friends that it was a WRX. My friends and I know a great deal about cars immediately called him out on it...not because we care if he badged it that way, but because it was more like a insult of my intelligence to actually put this 2.5rs in my face and tell me its a wrx. It was actually comical.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
This guy in the E-Class forum has E55 bages on his '97 E420. His justification is "I wanted to be different". This, for some reason, is a huge pet peeve of mine (and many others). I responded and tried to keep my calm, but it's difficult. The worst justification is "because I wanted to be different" Why doesn't he just paint his car pink and stick Integra TypeR badges on there... that would be different, but at least it wouldn't insult E55 owners.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...900#post548900

What do you guys think?

-m
lol damn. Is it really that insulting? It should make you happy that your driving something someone wishes they had. I dont get insulted when I see people out in town wearing fake ed hardy and such designer clothes, I think its pretty funny actually! Maybe not the best example... =]
Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
This thread is almost 4 years old... I guess Halloween is almost here, talk about raising the dead...

-m
5 years actually, but who's counting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I overreacting? E420 badged as E55...